Banned
(02-10-2012, 06:42 PM)

Originally Posted by Moofers

stealth brag thread.

Stealth jealous post.
shinobi602
(02-10-2012, 06:44 PM)

Originally Posted by JambiBum

Yup. Took like 5 minutes at the most. I used to have a real ez account but I switched jobs and lost it so I know what to do.

I was going to but I can't make anymore live id's either :(

So basically set up a new Hotmail account?
JambiBum
(02-10-2012, 06:45 PM)

Originally Posted by shinobi602

So basically set up a new Hotmail account?

Yeah. New hotmail, use it for windows live id, then sign up for expertzone and use walmart as your employer. I was going to make a dummy account for everyone but I can't make anymore live id's. They have some weird system that stops you from making so many in a certain time frame.
shinobi602
(02-10-2012, 06:46 PM)

Yeah. New hotmail, use it for windows live id, then sign up for expertzone and use walmart as your employer. I was going to make a dummy account for everyone but I can't make anymore live id's. They have some weird system that stops you from making so many in a certain time frame.

"We're unable to complete your request

Windows Live ID is experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later."

Oh you gotta be shitting me.
pahamrick
(02-10-2012, 06:47 PM)
Just to let folks know, who are going through the trouble of signing up -- walmart employees seem to be excluded from the beta offer.
JambiBum
(02-10-2012, 06:49 PM)

"We're unable to complete your request

Windows Live ID is experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later."

Oh you gotta be shitting me.

It does that from time to time. Especially in high traffic moments like today.

Originally Posted by pahamrick

Just to let folks know, who are going through the trouble of signing up -- walmart employees seem to be excluded from the beta offer.

Worked for me.
rozay
Banned
(02-10-2012, 06:50 PM)

Worked for me.

What did you list your position as? Retail sales?

edit:also, employee ID?
pahamrick
(02-10-2012, 06:50 PM)

Worked for me.

Weird, I couldn't get a code and judging from the community section lots of others can't as well.
JambiBum
(02-10-2012, 06:52 PM)

Originally Posted by rozay

What did you list your position as? Retail sales?

edit:also, employee ID?

It didn't ask me for an ID. Just the store number, and phone number of the store. And customer service rep

Weird, I couldn't get a code and judging from the community section lots of others can't as well.

Maybe I lucked out, I dunno, but I have never had a problem using Walmart in the past. Maybe it's just the store I use or something.
rozay
Banned
(02-10-2012, 06:55 PM)
Well, I was able to make one, and I'll see if I can get a code. If I do, how do we go about dummy account sharing? Can you just leave your xbox offline and play the demo?
gnarlyxcharlie
Damn, it didn't say anything about a demo when I finished the survey.
shinobi602

It didn't ask me for an ID. Just the store number, and phone number of the store. And customer service rep

Maybe I lucked out, I dunno, but I have never had a problem using Walmart in the past. Maybe it's just the store I use or something.

What did you put down for your shipping address? I don't want to put my real one down...
Papercuts
Banned
(02-10-2012, 06:56 PM)

For anyone that doesn't want to wait. Go to expertzone.microsoft.com and create an account. When selecting your employer, select walmart and enter a random store's info. Walmart doesn't require the verification process. Take the mass effect quiz on the homepage and then you get a code.

Ahhh this still works? I did this for the Gears beta, I'll try it here. Is there a limit to the gamertags you can make? I might be able to make another so I'll do a dummy account if so.
shinobi602
(02-10-2012, 06:57 PM)
What are you guys putting down for your address and phone number? Your real info?
Papercuts
Banned
(02-10-2012, 06:58 PM)

Well, I was able to make one, and I'll see if I can get a code. If I do, how do we go about dummy account sharing? Can you just leave your xbox offline and play the demo?

It's slow on the xbox, you need to allow the demo to fully download and then pass the info on. With PSN you just need to start the DL.
JambiBum
(02-10-2012, 06:59 PM)

Just make a new live account, then download the demo with that account. Then delete the account from your system and give the login details to the next person. The demo will still be on your hard drive and you can play it with your main account.

What did you put down for your shipping address? I don't want to put my real one down...

Some random ass address I made up. Doesn't have to be real.

Originally Posted by Papercuts

Ahhh this still works? I did this for the Gears beta, I'll try it here. Is there a limit to the gamertags you can make? I might be able to make another so I'll do a dummy account if so.

I don't know if there is a limit or not, but I know that there is a limit on live id's you can make in a certain time frame.

Gnarly charile, you have to go back to the home page where the banner was for the survey, it should say get your code now instead of training.
S1kkZ
(02-10-2012, 07:01 PM)
nice, got a demo code :) downloading now, impressions later.
rozay
Banned
(02-10-2012, 07:02 PM)
I think I fucked up and mistyped my email address in the registration :( sorry guys
shinobi602
(02-10-2012, 07:02 PM)
So once you create it, where do you go to find a code? I don't see it anywhere.
CyReN
(02-10-2012, 07:03 PM)

Looks like the same demo from the leaked version but cleaned up (obviously)
Last edited by CyReN; 02-10-2012 at 07:14 PM.
JambiBum
(02-10-2012, 07:04 PM)

So once you create it, where do you go to find a code? I don't see it anywhere.

It's on the main page. There should be a banner about ME3. Click take this course, and then once you finish that go back to the home page and the banner should change to get your code.
darkressurection
(02-10-2012, 07:07 PM)
I think they are out of codes, the banner on the front page isn't changing after the course is taken.
Skilotonn
xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
(02-10-2012, 07:08 PM)
Damn, I had an account created but I can't find the info for it anymore.
JambiBum
(02-10-2012, 07:08 PM)
Oh man. Default fem shep in the demo is the one from the trailer that was released today.

Also, since you can't bring in a character, they let you choose who you had die. Ashley, Kaiden, or your entire team from 2.
Last edited by JambiBum; 02-10-2012 at 07:11 PM.
rozay
Banned
(02-10-2012, 07:11 PM)
I really hope someone here that sees this before redeeming the code is willing to make a dummy account :(
pahamrick
(02-10-2012, 07:11 PM)

Originally Posted by darkressurection

I think they are out of codes, the banner on the front page isn't changing after the course is taken.

That's what it's been doing for me, but a friend of mine got a code a few minutes ago so they're not out yet.
S1kkZ
(02-10-2012, 07:13 PM)

That's what it's been doing for me, but a friend of mine got a code a few minutes ago so they're not out yet.

i had to use the internet-explorer for the code to show up.
Lifejumper
(02-10-2012, 07:14 PM)
How is the main menu music?
Hypertrooper
(02-10-2012, 07:14 PM)

Originally Posted by darkressurection

Worked for me. I finished the course a minute ago. (Firefox)
JambiBum
(02-10-2012, 07:15 PM)

Originally Posted by Lifejumper

How is the main menu music?

Pretty great. As expected.

I don't think default FemShep fits well with Hale's voice. Default looks too young to me.
Papercuts
Banned
(02-10-2012, 07:17 PM)
Got a code! :)

I'll see if I can get a dummy made.
Gambit61
(02-10-2012, 07:18 PM)
Bah, damn expertzone. I took the ME3 course and submitted my verification on 2/3 but I still haven't been verified. :(
gnarlyxcharlie
(02-10-2012, 07:21 PM)
Yeah the banner just stays the same for me.
Xater
(02-10-2012, 07:24 PM)
The Walmart thing worked for me. Got a code.
shinobi602
(02-10-2012, 07:24 PM)
Took the quiz, banner still stays the same for me too :(
Nils
(02-10-2012, 07:25 PM)
Watching this thread like a hawk.
OdysseusVA
(02-10-2012, 07:25 PM)
WTH
Is the demo shorter than the beta that was leaked for the Dashboard Preview?
JambiBum
(02-10-2012, 07:26 PM)

Originally Posted by OdysseusVA

WTH
Is the demo shorter than the beta that was leaked for the Dashboard Preview?

I'll tell you once I finish. Played the early beta too.
shinobi602
(02-10-2012, 07:27 PM)
Ugh this is bullshit mang.
Mr_Zombie
(02-10-2012, 07:28 PM)
Is there a character creator in the demo, or are you forced to play as default Shepard?
Lakitu
st5fu
(02-10-2012, 07:28 PM)
I want to hear the main menu music.
JambiBum
(02-10-2012, 07:29 PM)

Originally Posted by Mr_Zombie

Is there a character creator in the demo, or are you forced to play default Shepard?

Full creator. I didn't use it though.

Also, the stupid universal cooldown is still in :(
rozay
Banned
Walmart works, fools. Make sure you're a retail sales associate and use IE9, I couldn't get the banner to show up in firefox.

edit:shinobi if you can't get it to work I'll use my code for a dummy account, unless Papercut's got that covered.
CrazyDude

I'll tell you once I finish. Played the early beta too.

Is the music different?
Lakitu
st5fu
(02-10-2012, 07:30 PM)

Full creator. I didn't use it though.

Also, the stupid universal cooldown is still in :(

What? I could have sworn I saw they had individual cooldowns in a recent walkthrough. This sucks.
Papercuts
Banned
(02-10-2012, 07:31 PM)
I'm on Chrome and saw the banner, but I remember it being wonky with the Gears beta for firefox.

I got a dummy made and it's downloading now, so if you don't want to bother you can wait for that.
Ephemeris
(02-10-2012, 07:32 PM)
I'm thirsty for this
Skilotonn
xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
(02-10-2012, 07:33 PM)

Originally Posted by Papercuts

I'm on Chrome and saw the banner, but I remember it being wonky with the Gears beta for firefox.

I got a dummy made and it's downloading now, so if you don't want to bother you can wait for that.

I'm down for that if it's good with you.
Bisnic
Really Really Exciting Member!
(02-10-2012, 07:34 PM)

Originally Posted by Lakitu

What? I could have sworn I saw they had individual cooldowns in a recent walkthrough. This sucks.

Its probably not as bad, or maybe there is some class talents that reduce it later. Because i heard the same thing too about making biotic classes less weapons dependant than in ME2.
JambiBum
(02-10-2012, 07:34 PM)

Originally Posted by Lakitu

I just spammed singularity and warp trying to figure it out. It's still in, but at least with whatever default settings the demo is on the cooldown is super short.

Also, the Adept is a lot less weapon dependent. Heavy melee is basically a biotic explosion from your hand, and singularity+warp makes a pretty powerful explosion now.