• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

JambiBum
Member
(02-10-2012, 08:51 PM)
JambiBum's Avatar

Originally Posted by Gartooth

Quick question, do we just use our normal Windows Live ID for ExpertZone if we aren't making a dummy account? I keep trying to make a new ID, but I keep getting errors from Windows Live so I'm wondering if its just easier to use my existing one.

Yeah if you want to keep it then just use your normal ID.

Also, I'll post the main menu music in a little bit. It's going to be cell phone quality and not a straight rip though.
shingonation
Junior Member
(02-10-2012, 08:52 PM)
shingonation's Avatar
Playing it right now.

About the facial animations, they look good enough for me, much better than the beta.
malfcn
Member
(02-10-2012, 08:52 PM)
malfcn's Avatar
Which of the 2 modes will most people be playing? Action..RP..or Story?
Cyber Caesar
Member
(02-10-2012, 08:53 PM)
Cyber Caesar's Avatar
A stream sure would be nice.
B1gg_Randall
Member
(02-10-2012, 08:55 PM)
B1gg_Randall's Avatar
Wow it still works lol
scarybore
Member
(02-10-2012, 08:55 PM)
scarybore's Avatar

Originally Posted by CrazyDude

Wish someone would post the main menu music.

My download hasn't finished yet, but is it the same music from when the demo leaked? If so it's from Arrival and can be found easily enough on youtube.

Wish I knew how much I've downloaded. Just like when I downloaded the Halo Reach demo, the percentage has been 99% from the start of the download which is such a damn tease!
Lakitu
st5fu
(02-10-2012, 08:57 PM)
Lakitu's Avatar

Originally Posted by Deathcraze

My download hasn't finished yet, but is it the same music from when the demo leaked? If so it's from Arrival and can be found easily enough on youtube.

Wish I knew how much I've downloaded. Just like when I downloaded the Halo Reach demo, the percentage has been 99% from the start of the download which is such a damn tease!

It's a new piece composed by Sam Hullick.
JambiBum
Member
(02-10-2012, 08:58 PM)
JambiBum's Avatar

Originally Posted by Cyber Caesar

A stream sure would be nice.

Let me see what I can do. It's going to be a half assed stream though.
scarybore
Member
(02-10-2012, 08:58 PM)
scarybore's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lakitu

It's a new piece composed by Sam Hullick.

Excellent, can't wait for this damn download to finish then. :)
OdysseusVA
Member
(02-10-2012, 09:01 PM)
OdysseusVA's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lakitu

It's a new piece composed by Sam Hullick.

Took longer than expected (YT doesn't like variable bit rates :/ )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21OYkne6uwo
RiderKairuu
Member
(02-10-2012, 09:03 PM)
RiderKairuu's Avatar
got my code!!!
Vire
DancingJesus
(02-10-2012, 09:03 PM)
Vire's Avatar
Made a second account and it worked.

Thanks for the help folks. Appreciated.
Sn4ke_911
If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
(02-10-2012, 09:03 PM)
Sn4ke_911's Avatar

Originally Posted by OdysseusVA

Took longer than expected (YT doesn't like variable bit rates :/ )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21OYkne6uwo

Thanks.

It sounds sad. imo this is a good thing. I hope this game ends with a lot of drama etc.

I hate happy endings...
Lakitu
st5fu
(02-10-2012, 09:05 PM)
Lakitu's Avatar

Originally Posted by OdysseusVA

Took longer than expected (YT doesn't like variable bit rates :/ )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21OYkne6uwo

Thanks! It's beautiful.
Lifejumper
Member
(02-10-2012, 09:06 PM)
Lifejumper's Avatar

Originally Posted by OdysseusVA

Took longer than expected (YT doesn't like variable bit rates :/ )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21OYkne6uwo

Thats actually not the full track, but just a teaser of the full main menu track.
Live Free or Die
Member
(02-10-2012, 09:07 PM)

Originally Posted by Cyber Caesar

A stream sure would be nice.

this.
Tunesmith
formerly "chigiri"
(02-10-2012, 09:08 PM)
Tunesmith's Avatar
Just redeemed my code from ExpertZone which I got literally 30 seconds ago, still works if you pick US as region and then Wal-Mart. The code can be redeemed on EU XBL accounts as well (universal I'm guessing).
Bisnic
Really Really Exciting Member!
(02-10-2012, 09:09 PM)
Bisnic's Avatar
How is the soundtrack so far? More like ME1 or ME2?
Gartooth
Member
(02-10-2012, 09:09 PM)
Gartooth's Avatar

Originally Posted by JambiBum

Yeah if you want to keep it then just use your normal ID.

Also, I'll post the main menu music in a little bit. It's going to be cell phone quality and not a straight rip though.

Thanks, I managed to get a code, so I won't have to wait for a dummy account now! Its download time.
hwalker84
Member
(02-10-2012, 09:10 PM)
hwalker84's Avatar
Yep I made some BS account signed up with "Wal-Mart" and address near me. Got my code. Took around 4 mins total.
aloeh
Junior Member
(02-10-2012, 09:11 PM)
aloeh's Avatar
I'm just finished the learning program, but I did't receive the code. :(
The English Conquistador
Member
(02-10-2012, 09:12 PM)
The English Conquistador's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lakitu

It's a new piece composed by Sam Hullick.

The fudge? Where is the Clint Mansell goodness? :(

This is still lovely though.
JerkShep
Member
(02-10-2012, 09:13 PM)
JerkShep's Avatar

Originally Posted by aloeh

I'm just finished the learning program, but I did't receive the code. :(

Same here, tried two times actually but no code. Like I wrote before, the dummy account would be appreciated when it's free
Gambit61
Member
(02-10-2012, 09:13 PM)
Gambit61's Avatar
Yeah, I'm gonna give it one more shot. Made a dummy account and got 100% on the quiz but the code page won't even load for me, I just get sent back to the main expertzone page.
Papercuts
fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
(02-10-2012, 09:17 PM)
Papercuts's Avatar

Originally Posted by JerkShep

Same here, tried two times actually but no code. Like I wrote before, the dummy account would be appreciated when it's free

I have you on the list already. :P

I'm going to have a thread up when my DL finishes so I can send the info out, I'm at 78%.
Deadly Monk
Banned
(02-10-2012, 09:17 PM)
Deadly Monk's Avatar
It's a fun demo. Does feel like ME1. It's too bad the facial animations are really bad, some of the major scenes don't resonate with me because of it.
JerkShep
Member
(02-10-2012, 09:18 PM)
JerkShep's Avatar

Originally Posted by Papercuts

I have you on the list already. :P

I'm going to have a thread up when my DL finishes so I can send the info out, I'm at 78%.

Thanks
Dennis
Member
(02-10-2012, 09:19 PM)
Dennis's Avatar
So many GAF threads.

As far as I know, Mass Effect isn't that big a franchise in terms of sales for each game but the attention from hardcore gamers and the shamelessly fawning games media is certainly there.
The English Conquistador
Member
(02-10-2012, 09:20 PM)
The English Conquistador's Avatar
I'd also like to try this demo out, how would I go about doing that guys? This thread is all over the place. :)
brandonh83
(02-10-2012, 09:20 PM)
brandonh83's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lifejumper

Thats actually not the full track, but just a teaser of the full main menu track.

damn it... need full thing now.
malfcn
Member
(02-10-2012, 09:21 PM)
malfcn's Avatar
If Shepard dies in ME2 why can't he be resurrected again? Alliance no longer has tech (from Allie..)?
aloeh
Junior Member
(02-10-2012, 09:21 PM)
aloeh's Avatar

Originally Posted by Papercuts

I have you on the list already. :P

I'm going to have a thread up when my DL finishes so I can send the info out, I'm at 78%.

Can you send for me after Jerkshep?

Thanks
Feindflug
Member
(02-10-2012, 09:22 PM)
Feindflug's Avatar
Managed to get a code about an hour ago on my first try and the code worked just just fine with a UK account.
Kaizer
Banned
(02-10-2012, 09:22 PM)
Kaizer's Avatar
Finally got it to work. I had to make a second live id and expertzone account, then redo the quiz for a fifth time, but it worked in IE.
Gambit61
Member
(02-10-2012, 09:26 PM)
Gambit61's Avatar
Holy shit, my real account finally verified. Is there any way to share the code?
JambiBum
Member
(02-10-2012, 09:27 PM)
JambiBum's Avatar
You can turn the difficulty to insanity for the demo. Gonna try that out. And unfortunately, no stream from me. I don't have my stuff to stream with here.

Also, you can turn your helmet off for conversations now. Including your for your squad.
Blue Ninja
Member
(02-10-2012, 09:27 PM)
Blue Ninja's Avatar
Damn, I'm gonna have to try and get my hands on it tomorrow if it's that easy. If anyone has a code they're not using, that too would be much appreciated.
Last edited by Blue Ninja; 02-10-2012 at 09:42 PM.
KKRT00
Member
(02-10-2012, 09:29 PM)
KKRT00's Avatar
Here is longer version of main menu OST.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaRb5...eature=related

ME part is great ;]
Lifejumper
Member
(02-10-2012, 09:29 PM)
Lifejumper's Avatar

Originally Posted by KKRT00

Here is longer version of main menu OST.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaRb5...eature=related

ME part is great ;]

Nah man, that was from the Arrival OST. It was placeholder.
rozay
Banned
(02-10-2012, 09:31 PM)
rozay's Avatar
MUSIC IS SO GOOD

Also, fantastic news-all the hair styles in the femshep voting contest seem to be in the character creator and they're not as plasticy as the ME2 styles!
Pat
Member
(02-10-2012, 09:32 PM)
Pat's Avatar
I was wondering if there is a Xbox360 controller option in the PC version?

And yeah, can't wait for the OST. The first two were astounding.
Phonomezer
Banned
(02-10-2012, 09:33 PM)
Phonomezer's Avatar
Do I have to get 100% in the quiz?
The English Conquistador
Member
(02-10-2012, 09:33 PM)
The English Conquistador's Avatar

Originally Posted by Feindflug

Managed to get a code about an hour ago on my first try and the code worked just just fine with a UK account.

How did you get a code? I'd like to try and get one for myself, and I don't have an expertzone account.
KKRT00
Member
(02-10-2012, 09:33 PM)
KKRT00's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lifejumper

Nah man, that was from the Arrival OST. It was placeholder.

Buuu ;\ i failed, but i havent played Arrival.
Digishine
Banned
(02-10-2012, 09:34 PM)
Digishine's Avatar
anyone willing to give me a code ? cause I tried and nothing :(
Cetra
Member
(02-10-2012, 09:35 PM)
Cetra's Avatar
Music is WAY fucking better than ME2. It's leaning more towards the ME1 OST. The bits done by Clint Mansel fit right in there. There's a bit near the end of the first chunk of the demo were the music and sound effects come together to awesome effect. Gave me chills. Amazing sound work all around.

Gameplay, better than ME2 and in some respects more like ME1. Cooldowns seem a lot shorter over all.

Hearing Hale doing new FemShep stuff is badass.

Can't fucking wait, this is gonna be awesome.

Mass Effect and the Souls games. Best shit from this gen bar none.
scarybore
Member
(02-10-2012, 09:36 PM)
scarybore's Avatar
Imported my femshep using the face code from ME2, looks a bit off from how I remember but that's probably due to engine/detail improvements.

Music is pretty sweet so far.

Originally Posted by Pat

I was wondering if there is a Xbox360 controller option in the PC version?

I read recently on the Bioware forums that the answer to this is no, which is just lazy.
INDIGO_CYCLOPS
Member
(02-10-2012, 09:37 PM)
INDIGO_CYCLOPS's Avatar

Originally Posted by II CETRA II

Music is WAY fucking better than ME2. It's leaning more towards the ME1 OST. The bits done by Clint Mansel fit right in there. There's a bit near the end of the first chunk of the demo were the music and sound effects come together to awesome effect. Gave me chills. Amazing sound work all around.

Gameplay, better than ME2 and in some respects more like ME1. Cooldowns seem a lot shorter over all.

Hearing Hale doing new FemShep stuff is badass.

Can't fucking wait, this is gonna be awesome.

Mass Effect and the Souls games. Best shit from this gen bar none.

This comment has me incredibly excited, at least to hear the soundtrack. Overall I was really disappointed with ME2s soundtrack...
KKRT00
Member
(02-10-2012, 09:37 PM)
KKRT00's Avatar

Originally Posted by II CETRA II

Music is WAY fucking better than ME2. It's leaning more towards the ME1 OST. The bits done by Clint Mansel fit right in there. There's a bit near the end of the first chunk of the demo were the music and sound effects come together to awesome effect. Gave me chills. Amazing sound work all around.

Can You record that? Because i havent heard so far any ME like music from samples we got.

Ps. I loved ME 2 OST, especially Samara track. I was listening to it for like 2 week non stop.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpcsTxQpwGU&feature=fvst
Last edited by KKRT00; 02-10-2012 at 09:41 PM.
exYle
Member
(02-10-2012, 09:38 PM)
exYle's Avatar

Originally Posted by malfcn

If Shepard dies in ME2 why can't he be resurrected again? Alliance no longer has tech (from Allie..)?

How would they recover his corpse? In the destroyed Collector base in the center of the galaxy?

Thread Tools