• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Vire
DancingJesus
(02-11-2012, 03:33 AM)

Originally Posted by Nirolak

You know, I don't use my 360 a lot, so maybe I'm just terrible with gamepads, but I feel they definitely weren't joking when they said this was a lot harder than ME2.

Insanity ain't no joke...

It's pretty brutal.
rozay
Banned
(02-11-2012, 03:33 AM)

Originally Posted by StalkerUKCG

Unless you know how have the ability to rip the Game/Demo file itself to your pc and then know how to extract the audio is a format you pc can read then know.

Protip. You cant

I suppose we'll just have to wait for the PC demo to get the ogg files then.

that, or the russians will come through again.
Gambit61
(02-11-2012, 03:35 AM)

Originally Posted by rozay

Gambit, is your link also in files like Data0000 Data0001 or do you have the game files not encrypted in the 360's format?

I ripped the data from a 360 formatted usb. It should look like this
Content\0000000000000000\45418987\00080000
with the actual demo file in 00080000. Dunno what format it is though lol.
Sanjuro
Inside Man
(02-11-2012, 03:37 AM)
I wonder if I can use the original .zip with that new method.
Gambit61
(02-11-2012, 03:37 AM)

Originally Posted by Vire

It's pretty brutal.

Yeah, my friend just stopped by and had to lower it back to normal because of the enemy at the end of mission 2 lol. Then again he was trying out Vanguard for the first time, where in ME2 he was Adept.
Sanjuro
Inside Man
(02-11-2012, 03:41 AM)
So I have the .iso and the .zip...I'm still not 100% certain what I should be doing?
xion4360
(02-11-2012, 03:42 AM)
so I dont waste a DVD.... Do I burn the unzipped content folder and the iso into the disc?
Milly79
(02-11-2012, 03:42 AM)

Originally Posted by Sanjuro Tsubaki

So I have the .iso and the .zip...I'm still not 100% certain what I should be doing?

Originally Posted by Milly79

Follow this:

Replace BF3 with ME3 and you're golden.

1. Download Horizon 360 from here.
2. Plug your flash drive into your computer and open up Horizon 360. It should automatically open it up in the program on the bottom right hand side.
3. Drag and drop the BF3 file into the window that has your flash drives contents, it should start importing.
4. Once the import is done, close the program, unplug your flash drive, plug it into your 360, then go to My Xbox > System Settings > Memory > USB Drive > Demos, and copy the BF3 Beta to your 360.
5. Once that's done, go to your game library and it should be at the top of the list.

Try this?
Complistic
(02-11-2012, 03:43 AM)
oh man am I glad they went back to ashley's old face like they said they did. Gorgeous.
Nirolak
Mrgrgr
(02-11-2012, 03:43 AM)

Originally Posted by Gambit61

Yeah, my friend just stopped by and had to lower it back to normal because of the enemy at the end of mission 2 lol. Then again he was trying out Vanguard for the first time, where in ME2 he was Adept.

Vanguard is really hard in this game. I switched to Assault when I decided that using up close tactics when enemies had multiple turrets wasn't happening. :lol

I wish I could skip to part 2 so I could try more classes more easily, since the game plays so differently now.
Wiggum2007
(02-11-2012, 03:46 AM)
Something felt, I dunno, wonky playing the demo. Maybe I'm just not used to the controls yet but eh. Feels like ME2 in constant fast-forward.
kayos90
Tragic victim of fan death
(02-11-2012, 03:46 AM)
What's the difference between the ISO and the 1.7 gig file? Can I just load up the Iso?
Vire
DancingJesus
(02-11-2012, 03:47 AM)

Originally Posted by Sanjuro Tsubaki

Boil em' mash em' stick em in a stew'.

Or try Milly's method.
Gambit61
(02-11-2012, 03:47 AM)
Alright, Last mirror

QUOTE TO REVEAL

Edit:
*Dropbox sent me a warning lol

Burning guide:
http://digiex.net/guides-reviews/gui...g-imgburn.html
Last edited by Gambit61; 02-11-2012 at 04:56 AM.
Skilotonn
xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
(02-11-2012, 03:48 AM)

Originally Posted by Milly79

Try this?

This new method is meant to be burnt on a disc, I don't think it will work like that.

Dunno about the extra ISO file though.

Download is done, will try now.
StalkerUKCG
(02-11-2012, 03:48 AM)
Okay the download from Gambit does not work if you copy the "data" files straight to a usb drive. Looks like we will have to copy them to the drive extract the content folder with a USB Xplorer and inject it into out own formatted USB structure.

Testing now if it works ill write a tutorial
Stuart444
(02-11-2012, 03:49 AM)

I have a mirror of the contents folder you need to burn on DVD

Quote to see.
QUOTE TO REVEAL

And here's the guide again.

I tried this one but when I put it into the 360, it says "Mixed Media Disc" and won't load

Any ideas? Not tried putting demos onto disk before and I followed the guide.
Sanjuro
Inside Man
(02-11-2012, 03:49 AM)

Alright, Last 2 mirrors

QUOTE TO REVEAL
QUOTE TO REVEAL

Burning guide:

Gambit, what are the two separate files for? That is the confusion now.
smr00
Banned
(02-11-2012, 03:50 AM)
Fudge i wish i got this demo, i can't do the burn thing because my dvd writer on my laptop isn't working /sadface

Oh well i guess i have to wait till the 15th.
Stuart444
(02-11-2012, 03:52 AM)
Okay, found it in quick play but now it says "Can't launch Mass Effect 3 (demo)"
Sanjuro
Inside Man
(02-11-2012, 03:52 AM)

Boil em' mash em' stick em in a stew'.

Or try Milly's method.

That Horizon 360 program simply doesn't work.
shingonation
(02-11-2012, 03:53 AM)

Originally Posted by Wiggum2007

Something felt, I dunno, wonky playing the demo. Maybe I'm just not used to the controls yet but eh. Feels like ME2 in constant fast-forward.

It gets better, I felt similar in my first try, I'm in the third right now and really digging the movement, cover and all. Tempest + cryo ammo feels fantastic.
Vire
DancingJesus
(02-11-2012, 03:54 AM)

Originally Posted by Stuart444

Okay, found it in quick play but now it says "Can't launch Mass Effect 3 (demo)"

shinnn
Banned
(02-11-2012, 03:55 AM)

same to me using a pen drive =(
Gambit61
(02-11-2012, 03:56 AM)
Ignore the iso file, that was an accident lol.
If you burned the files I uploaded, you need to go to Games > My Games
then scroll until you see the demo.
Stuart444
(02-11-2012, 03:56 AM)

Originally Posted by shinnn

same to me using a pen drive =(

Seems weird since it even shows up and everything... wondering if it is my disk or if it is this way with other peoples burned disks :(
Skilotonn
xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
(02-11-2012, 03:57 AM)

Then it looks like we have a problem - that's what it says when you try to play it on an account other than the one you downloaded it with.

My burn will be done in 3 minutes so I'll confirm it.
EatChildren
Chico is Quiet
(02-11-2012, 03:57 AM)
So one of BioWare's main combat goals for Mass Effect 3 was to diminish the necessity to use a ton of guns. They wanted to make powers more useful and versatile, and the trade off of carrying less weapons for faster recharge worthwhile. So you could theoretically pimp the pistol + powers Vanguard or whatever, using more powers than guns.

Did they succeed or fail?
Vire
DancingJesus
(02-11-2012, 03:58 AM)
You guys should have gotten on my ExpertZone guide earlier. :P

Originally Posted by EatChildren

So one of BioWare's main combat goals for Mass Effect 3 was to diminish the necessity to use a ton of guns. They wanted to make powers more useful and versatile, and the trade off of carrying less weapons for faster recharge worthwhile. So you could theoretically pimp the pistol + powers Vanguard or whatever, using more powers than guns.

Varying levels of success. It's certainly better than it was in ME2.

I need to do an Adept run.
shinnn
Banned
(02-11-2012, 03:58 AM)

Alright, Last 2 mirrors

Burning guide:

it worked for you? Did you ripped the content from the Vire's ZIP file?
Stuart444
(02-11-2012, 03:59 AM)

I saw this topic a bit late otherwise I would have :(

ah well, at least it's not a month long wait like it is for the full game XD
smr00
Banned
(02-11-2012, 04:00 AM)

Varying levels of success. It's certainly better than it was in ME2.

I need to do an Adept run.

I have an account, had it for along time but it shows me not verified.

I even completed the quiz but it says i have to verify before i can get my code /rageface
Wiggum2007
(02-11-2012, 04:01 AM)

Originally Posted by shingonation

It gets better, I felt similar in my first try, I'm in the third right now and really digging the movement, cover and all. Tempest + cryo ammo feels fantastic.

Yeah that's what I'm hoping. Honestly didn't like that the demo was like straight combat all through, hope it's not representative of the final game. Maybe I'm just burnt out on Mass Effect combat after playing so much of 2 but I feel like I had lots of "oh god another wave?" moments.
smr00
Banned
(02-11-2012, 04:02 AM)
Is it possible to get this demo working from a flash drive? or does it HAVE to be burnt?
Wiggum2007
(02-11-2012, 04:03 AM)

Seems so, but for the 2nd gameplay scenario (in the opening you only have a couple powers) they give you a full loadout of 4 weapons and you can't change that, which means your power recharge time is increased dramatically. So hard to get a good feel of it. Kinda annoying trying to play through as an adept and waiting like 10 seconds for Pull to recharge :/. But yeah the intro section I basically just played with the powers I had (warp, singularity, and biotic punch), with only a pistol the recharge times were extremely fast, even at a low level.
Darknessbear
(02-11-2012, 04:06 AM)

Originally Posted by Chesskid1

after you complete the xbox 360 vip zone training, you'll enter the VIP group, click on vip zone then click on latest and scroll down. the code for the points will be there.

Alright fuck this. I wouldnt wish this on my worst enemy... so many quizes.
xion4360
(02-11-2012, 04:07 AM)

Originally Posted by smr00

Is it possible to get this demo working period? or do we HAVE to sulk?

FIXED
kitzkozan
(02-11-2012, 04:10 AM)

I only saw a couple of video of the demo, but the power cooldown in the 1st gameplay scenario is extremely short. Having 4 weapons must impact the recharge time greatly, but an adept would probably run with small guns or mod them so that they don't cripple your usage of biotics or tech.
Wiggum2007
(02-11-2012, 04:11 AM)
Not that ME has always had perfect writing but the whole intro was like cheesy hollywood action movie shit, bleh.
lowhighkang_LHK
(02-11-2012, 04:11 AM)
Wait, you can run the demo as a burned iso with unmodified xbox?
Phonomezer
Banned
(02-11-2012, 04:12 AM)
Why don't people just register on Expertzone? Have they stopped giving out codes?

The combat is quite tough, turrets are a pain in the arse.
GnarkillZA

It's pretty brutal.

I swear that Atlus mech eats bullets for breakfast on insanity and then they even throw in an extra 4/5 Cerberus troopers as well.

Originally Posted by Darknessbear

Agreed,still I went and did all of them and now I at least have Shank 2.
Last edited by GnarkillZA; 02-11-2012 at 04:19 AM.
Skilotonn
xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Yup, same message - can't be launched.

Well, looks like we gotta wait for a lucky code or all the way till Tuesday - dummy accounts, USB sticks and discs won't work with this - luckily I only use re-writables for demos.

Should've done the Expertzone thing, but this was totally unexpected with this demo thing.
Last edited by Skilotonn; 02-11-2012 at 04:20 AM.
Sanjuro
Inside Man
(02-11-2012, 04:19 AM)

Originally Posted by Darknessbear

They weren't too bad at all.
The Last Wizard
(02-11-2012, 04:22 AM)
so whats the word on burning?
shinnn
Banned
(02-11-2012, 04:24 AM)
Well it is not working in the dummy account thread either. The demo is locked to the original account. =\

Forget about this guys.
MrTroubleMaker
(02-11-2012, 04:27 AM)
femshep's butt got bigger

I'm going to wait, sounds like the demo sharing isn't working.
Wiggum2007
(02-11-2012, 04:31 AM)
Man is Vanguard Charge really disorienting for anyone else too? It's the way you just warp forward and the camera doesn't follow you forward until like the instant you hit your target.
Last edited by Wiggum2007; 02-11-2012 at 04:40 AM.
mujun
(02-11-2012, 04:39 AM)
Is there an easy way to get this?

Expert Zone didn't work. Is the demo share working?
Kimaka
(02-11-2012, 04:41 AM)
I'm happy that Bioware made it quicker to see Shepard's face in-game. In ME1 and 2, I hated that they put in unskippable cutscenes that you had to watch before finding out that Shepard looks hideous in-game when they otherwise looked fine in character creation.