• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody's Golf / Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational |OT| You're invited too!

hort22

Ok so this asynchronous tourney is where I take a shot then the other person I'm playing and so on?

Do they have what we are use to on oob where everyone plays the hole then chat between holes?

How about just a set up a room with the new real format for like 1-8 players?

And lastly I have heard about custom music on the vita...can we do that while playing hsg?

centracore

Count me in, just waiting on February 22nd to arrive so I can pick up my Vita!

PSN ID: centracore

Vj52d.jpg

TheExodu5

Banned
Just $25 at Futureshop? What?

I was going to get this through digital for the convenience factor, but I like that box art and $25 is a better price...

edit: looking at Futureshop, it's listed at $30. How did you get it for $25?

Pagusas

Elden Member
I preordered the Vita and order the HSG game cart off amazon, all because of this game :) I was going to get it digitally, but everything says the game carts are faster at loading. So i figured owning 1 game cart shouldnt be too bad.

TheExodu5

Banned
I preordered the Vita and order the HSG game cart off amazon, all because of this game :) I was going to get it digitally, but everything says the game carts are faster at loading. So i figured owning 1 game cart shouldnt be too bad.

Seriously? Anything to back this up? This might impact my purchasing decision.

Syn23

Seriously? Anything to back this up? This might impact my purchasing decision.
There are some videos on youtube comparing Uncharted GA in DD and on a game cart, and the one on the game cart is a little faster. But one is in Japanese and the other is in English, so I don't know if it's totally reliable.

I've read that there are other comparison videos for Army Corps of Hell, but I haven't seen them.

centracore

Just $25 at Futureshop? What?

I was going to get this through digital for the convenience factor, but I like that box art and $25 is a better price...

edit: looking at Futureshop, it's listed at $30. How did you get it for $25?

The website said it was in stock and available for purchase at my local store (with the release date being February 10th), went down there and the guy in the games department told me they couldn't be sold until the Vita releases on February 22nd. Checked with the front desk CSR on the way out and she said they should be out on the store floor for sale, so she grabbed one from the back and said she was going to give me $5 off for the trouble.. that was pretty awesome customer service on her part.

Regardless, I'm pretty sure Hot Shots Golf was $35 on the PS Store and $30 in store so that helped make my mind up (along with the Vita memory card prices and the ability to resell / trade in retail games).

Ok so this asynchronous tourney is where I take a shot then the other person I'm playing and so on?

Each player plays a round and then when completed, the scores are compared. It's not shot to shot or hole to hole waiting. It's just round to round (which is a good thing).

And lastly I have heard about custom music on the vita...can we do that while playing hsg?

It will, quite in-fact, work!

hort22

Each player plays a round and then when completed, the scores are compared. It's not shot to shot or hole to hole waiting. It's just round to round (which is a good thing).

It will, quite in-fact, work!

So that part is almost hsg3 like where after a round you would get a code to post on the hsg server and see where you ranked...dammit gonna have to get a vita just for this game!

centracore

Kind of a stupid question, but is there a way to batch add friends on PSN? I want to go through the list in the first post and add everyone so I'm good to go with HSG at Vita launch, but the task seems daunting.

Same here :(

Just got my copy, same here. I love the Vita cases.

I caved. Getting the FEB. I worked it out mathematically I'll still lose about $15, but have it a week early. I understand the $15 to have it a week early is dumb, but I'm dumb like that sometimes I guess.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Um... does this have the advanced shots mode from HSG:OoB?

Last night I realized I haven't played with traditional controls since I started using advanced with OoB... so I switched to them for a "practice" round. I went +6 through the top 9. :(

It was a windy course, but holy crap I can't believe how sucky I was without the advanced controls. I consider myself kind of a Hot Shots pro and that was just the most shameful wake up call. lol.

Um... does this have the advanced shots mode from HSG:OoB?

Last night I realized I haven't played with traditional controls since I started using advanced with OoB... so I switched to them for a "practice" round. I went +6 through the top 9. :(

It was a windy course, but holy crap I can't believe how sucky I was without the advanced controls. I consider myself kind of a Hot Shots pro and that was just the most shameful wake up call. lol.

I want to say "yes", but I'm not sure. The retail demo had 3 shot types locked. Did you check the digital instruction manual yet?

Evolved1

Well that's close enough!!!

Thanks for the video.

Mims

GAF: Mims

PSN: Mims03

Exicted for hot shots first time i've played one since back on ps1. Now hopefully I can find a FEB in the store. I'm kinda lazy and didn't preorder but wasn't lazy enough to pass on the 29.99 hot shots from amazon.

krae_man

Man I want to Platinum this game but that Albatross is going to be a pain in the butt to get. I can never seem to get those. Eagles by the bucketful, Hole in ones happen naturally but those damn Albatrosses are hard to come by.

I think I only hit one ever in Out of Bounds.

addyb

Can't wait for this one. Only experience has been with the psp version many years ago and that only amounted to a few games, so it's all new to me. Definitely my most anticipated game now. I don't particularly mind golf games but find them a little lifeless at times. This looks to put the fun back. I wondered what the actual gameplay was like. Are shots accurate in terms of nailing a shot and also punishing if you really slice/hook a shot?

Online sounds great, especially with the daily tournaments. So that leads me to my last question. Is the SP worthwhile, providing a decent challenge, unlockables etc.

I know not many have played this yet so also in reference to all versions particularly ps3 version which I never played.

Evolved1

Hotshots is certainly about timing. And this (punishment) will vary a bit depending on your loadout. For example, some characters and equipment have much smaller "safe" impact zones. You mess that part up and things can go sideways pretty quickly. Also, much of the difficulty is tied to teh course you're playing. Early courses are very forgiving. Latter courses are verging on masochism.

However... the most important/challenging thing about the games is being able to understand and process all the contextual information that might seems at first only ancillary. Truth is, that stuff will ultimately determine your handcap. Yeah, timing is important to keep it on the fairway and to get cute with spins... but judging direction and distance, club selection, is all about understanding the percentages and other information the game gives you.

Hot Shots has a cute, unintimidating appearance, and early courses can be easy enough for novices, but the game is quite technical. It can be very difficult at times. Very deep game. That's why it's been so successful for so long. Quite a bit going on under the hood, and a lot of work to master.

Got my Vita this morning and spent a little time playing a couple rounds. So good! My first Hot Shots game since 2, I think lol. I'm looking forward to getting humiliated by Gaffers, as my putting game is atrocious :(

PSN: necrolysis

krae_man

Did a daily right out the box. -9 par, 7th best score. Oh man I love this game. I need to play some single player and unlock some better balls and clubs before I do any online tournaments.

Salaadin

Does this still keep track of replays and such? I used to love going through all my Eagles, Hole in Ones, and "how the hell did I make that?" shots

hort22

Does this still keep track of replays and such? I used to love going through all my Eagles, Hole in Ones, and "how the hell did I make that?" shots

On top of that does it keep track of stats for different courses and all that?

Also long tee mirror courses in again?

Wow, this is my first Hot Shots game and I am terrible at it! Super fun though. I'd definitely be up for some online, but be aware, I am going to suck, haha.

PSN: supershadow234

frequency

Scrolling through that terms of service or whatever when you first get online is the longest thing ever. No quick way to do it and you can't accept until it reaches the bottom.

krae_man

I like that they finally took a page from Pangya's book and make the points you earn for birdies the currency. Wish they had also ripped off the License challanges and the story mode but you can't win them all I guess.

Takao

Banned
I like that they finally took a page fro Pangya's book and make the points you earn for birdies the currency. Wish they had also ripped off the License challanges and the story mode but you can't win them all I guess.

It disappoints me they don't have a story mode in HSG. HST:GAG's story mode was quite fun.

frequency

I just did an online tournament thingy and ended up "65st" out of 106.
I'm so bad :(

Also, 65st. Hehe.

I've played a ton of this in the past week. It's fun, but I think I prefer Pangya.

oh wtf... I just blazed through first tourny and found out I have to pay points for the character unlocks..not exactly feeling that.

I do like the pangya style of points but paying for a character I beat i dont like, if it was a random character that wasnt the boss i wouldnt mind as much.

Is there gifts findable on the courses like OT2 for psp?
seems like they kinda cheap on the loyalty as well, might be my imagination

Top Bottom