• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

JaseC
Member
(02-16-2012, 02:37 AM)
JaseC's Avatar

Originally Posted by Iron Badger

The Waking of Alan has its store page up http://store.steampowered.com/app/108710/

regular game going for 30 bucks while the special edition will be 35.

That's been up for quite some time.
Iron Badger
Member
(02-16-2012, 02:37 AM)
Iron Badger's Avatar

Originally Posted by SteveWinwood

It's not gfwl right?

No GFWL, it'll be "fully supporting the Steam platform."
for more information, go here http://forum.alanwake.com/showthread.php?t=7667
Look at dem comparison screenshots @_@ http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/02/16/al...son-360-vs-pc/
Last edited by Iron Badger; 02-16-2012 at 02:42 AM.
SteveWinwood
Sowing his wild patented oats
(02-16-2012, 02:44 AM)
SteveWinwood's Avatar

Originally Posted by Iron Badger

No GFWL, it'll be "fully supporting the Steam platform."
for more information, go here http://forum.alanwake.com/showthread.php?t=7667
Look at dem comparison screenshots @_@ http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/02/16/al...son-360-vs-pc/

Man, barring the save thing, they're really doing everything right for pc ports. Makin' other studios look bad.
crimsonheadGCN
4chan's Official Representative
(02-16-2012, 02:45 AM)
crimsonheadGCN's Avatar
Starpoint Gemini and MLB 2k12 has registry entries.
Nabs
(02-16-2012, 05:52 AM)
Nabs's Avatar
Vessel is coming soon http://store.steampowered.com/app/108500/
Sinatar
Official GAF Bottom Feeder
(02-16-2012, 06:00 AM)
Sinatar's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nabs

Vessel is coming soon http://store.steampowered.com/app/108500/

Hmm, looks interesting.
Relax.MX
Member
(02-16-2012, 06:45 AM)
Relax.MX's Avatar
1- backlog :) i just finished Hamilton Great Adventure (thanks IGN prime XO), 7 hr. and


= Gold in all levels...

I love puzzle game like this(indie puzzle games) but this is just boring... ¿my recommendation?..play other like Blocks That Matter

Because the game is mediocre, are some bad decisions in the game design that made it frustrating, not because the game is hard is because is annoying, like the fuckin bird, the flying enemies, animations deaths, etc. Also are bugs in timing gameplay and has zero charisma in his world and characters, feel like a cheap phone game with good graphics...

4/10
Stallion Free
Cock Encumbered
(02-16-2012, 06:47 AM)
Stallion Free's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nabs

Vessel is coming soon http://store.steampowered.com/app/108500/

The art doesn't really appeal to my refined tastes, but the preview I read on shacknews last month had me intrigued.
crimsonheadGCN
4chan's Official Representative
(02-16-2012, 06:51 AM)
crimsonheadGCN's Avatar
Big Picture Mode might go into testing soon. The latest update for CS:GO included the following:

- Added COUCH and DESKTOP play distance options that control hud_scaling and viewmodel_fov convars.

Esnel Pla
Member
(02-16-2012, 07:09 AM)
Esnel Pla's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nabs

Vessel is coming soon http://store.steampowered.com/app/108500/

Neat, has a sort of Metroidvania-y/adventure platformer vibe to it. I'm there.

Originally Posted by Shacknews

Vessel also has a Metroid-vania style level design...

Originally Posted by Destructoid

...players can expect level design reminiscent of Metroidvania titles...

Yup. So there.
Last edited by Esnel Pla; 02-16-2012 at 07:17 AM.
Bluth54
Member
(02-16-2012, 07:13 AM)
Bluth54's Avatar

Originally Posted by SteveWinwood

Man, barring the save thing, they're really doing everything right for pc ports. Makin' other studios look bad.

Having played the 360 version twice I'm okay with them not implementing save anywhere. The game was really designed with checkpoint save system in mind.
Nymerio
Member
(02-16-2012, 07:31 AM)
Nymerio's Avatar

Originally Posted by Relax.MX

1- backlog :) i just finished Hamilton Great Adventure (thanks IGN prime XO), 7 hr. and


= Gold in all levels...

I love puzzle game like this(indie puzzle games) but this is just boring... ¿my recommendation?..play other like Blocks That Matter

Because the game is mediocre, are some bad decisions in the game design that made it frustrating, not because the game is hard is because is annoying, like the fuckin bird, the flying enemies, animations deaths, etc. Also are bugs in timing gameplay and has zero charisma in his world and characters, feel like a cheap phone game with good graphics...

4/10

Why keep playing if it is that boring? Just play something else instead of forcing yourself through a game you don't even like...
bonesquad
Member
(02-16-2012, 07:37 AM)
bonesquad's Avatar

Originally Posted by Relax.MX

1- backlog :) i just finished Hamilton Great Adventure (thanks IGN prime XO), 7 hr. and


= Gold in all levels...

I love puzzle game like this(indie puzzle games) but this is just boring... ¿my recommendation?..play other like Blocks That Matter

Because the game is mediocre, are some bad decisions in the game design that made it frustrating, not because the game is hard is because is annoying, like the fuckin bird, the flying enemies, animations deaths, etc. Also are bugs in timing gameplay and has zero charisma in his world and characters, feel like a cheap phone game with good graphics...

4/10

Wait. You bothered to get gold on every level in a game you didn't like? I would have moved on long ago and probably not even finished it (especially if I got it free like you did).

To each his own, but I really like Hamilton's Great Adventure. I (Though I also really like Blocks that Matter.) I will agree that controlling the bird can be annoying at times, but the puzzles are good fun.
carbonbased
Member
(02-16-2012, 07:44 AM)
carbonbased's Avatar

Originally Posted by Relax.MX

1- backlog :) i just finished Hamilton Great Adventure (thanks IGN prime XO), 7 hr. and


= Gold in all levels...

I love puzzle game like this(indie puzzle games) but this is just boring... ¿my recommendation?..play other like Blocks That Matter

Because the game is mediocre, are some bad decisions in the game design that made it frustrating, not because the game is hard is because is annoying, like the fuckin bird, the flying enemies, animations deaths, etc. Also are bugs in timing gameplay and has zero charisma in his world and characters, feel like a cheap phone game with good graphics...

4/10

gonna have to wholeheartedly disagree with you here. i'm not quite halfway through the game yet, but the characters and story just ooze charm and getting golds on all the stages up to this point has been rewarding and super fun.

did you try playing with a controller? you can tell right away that the bird was designed around one.
Last edited by carbonbased; 02-16-2012 at 07:47 AM.
MNC
(02-16-2012, 08:33 AM)
MNC's Avatar
It just makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside reading alan wake's store page. "by request of fans, no hud and fov options". Its just so right when a developer listens :D
Blizzard
Member
(02-16-2012, 08:41 AM)
Blizzard's Avatar

Originally Posted by carbonbased

gonna have to wholeheartedly disagree with you here. i'm not quite halfway through the game yet, but the characters and story just ooze charm and getting golds on all the stages up to this point has been rewarding and super fun.

did you try playing with a controller? you can tell right away that the bird was designed around one.

Be warned, I seem to recall that even people who liked the game (Stallion Free for instance?) said that the ending levels get very frustrating due to some timing elements. I suspect this is what Relax.MX ran into, and you have not yet.

You may end up still disagreeing, but I'm just saying I think I read something specific about the end part not being as good.
Alienups
Member
(02-16-2012, 08:45 AM)
Alienups's Avatar
I want to buy Alan Wake but there's no add to cart option anywhere. What gives ?
derFeef
lil' bit tasty
(02-16-2012, 08:49 AM)
derFeef's Avatar
I put up the Alan Wake PC thread, 10 hours to go (I will have no time, argh!).
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=463341
Snuggles
erotic butter maelstrom
(02-16-2012, 08:56 AM)
Snuggles's Avatar
You know what game owns? PixelJunk Eden. It's an awesome game but only 2 of my 116 Steam friends own it. It's a 4 year old port and it hasn't had a big sale yet, but still...

Anyways, first to quote this gets a copy of it.
Last edited by Snuggles; 02-16-2012 at 09:11 AM.
Dice
Member
(02-16-2012, 08:57 AM)
Dice's Avatar
That game was annoying on PS3.
DagsJT
Member
(02-16-2012, 08:58 AM)
DagsJT's Avatar

Originally Posted by Snuggler

You know what game owns? PixelJunk Eden. It's an awesome game but I only 2 of my 116 Steam friends own it. It's a 4 year old port and it hasn't had a bit sale yet, but still...

Anyways, first to quote this gets a copy of it.

Me please?
Snuggles
erotic butter maelstrom
(02-16-2012, 08:59 AM)
Snuggles's Avatar

Originally Posted by DagsJT

Me please?

add me bro: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Snuggler
DagsJT
Member
(02-16-2012, 09:01 AM)
DagsJT's Avatar

Originally Posted by Snuggler

add me bro: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Snuggler

Stuck in work at the moment and Steam is blocked here :/ Can I add you when I get home from work?
Deques
Member
(02-16-2012, 09:04 AM)
Deques's Avatar
Awww. I missed the free PixelJunk Eden >.<
Snuggles
erotic butter maelstrom
(02-16-2012, 09:04 AM)
Snuggles's Avatar

Originally Posted by DagsJT

Stuck in work at the moment and Steam is blocked here :/ Can I add you when I get home from work?

Sure, no problem. Just PM me when you're able to add me and I'll send it to you.
Last edited by Snuggles; 02-16-2012 at 09:08 AM.
DagsJT
Member
(02-16-2012, 09:05 AM)
DagsJT's Avatar

Originally Posted by Snuggler

Sure, no problem. Just PM me when you're able to add me and I'll send it to you.

Huge thanks mate!
Fare Godmace
Member
(02-16-2012, 09:06 AM)
Fare Godmace's Avatar

Originally Posted by Blizzard

Be warned, I seem to recall that even people who liked the game (Stallion Free for instance?) said that the ending levels get very frustrating due to some timing elements. I suspect this is what Relax.MX ran into, and you have not yet.

You may end up still disagreeing, but I'm just saying I think I read something specific about the end part not being as good.

This is absolutely true. I liked the game, but I forced myself to 100% it and I ended very burned with some of the bonus levels. I don't consider it a 4/10 game by any means, more like a 7/10.

The levels weren't that hard, but the sprint function doesn't work very well and there were points were I'd die constantly in the same spot because I did not start running facing a certain direction (yeah, really). The game also crashed a lot of times, and that added to the frustation. In the end, I enjoyed uninstalling it, but overall I liked it.

---

I'm going to gift The Wonderful End Of The World in the Free To A Good Home thread in an hour or so, to celebrate that I'm a member now! :D

EDIT: What the... I read the first line of Snuggler's post but not the "Quote to get it" part :/
Milamber
Stalking the Sexy Beach, looking for Prey
(02-16-2012, 09:11 AM)
Milamber's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fare Godmace

I'm going to gift The Wonderful End Of The World in the Free To A Good Home thread in an hour or so, to celebrate that I'm a member now! :D

EDIT: What the... I read the first line of Snuggler's post but not the "Quote to get it" part :/

Ooh, nice!
Deques
Member
(02-16-2012, 09:12 AM)
Deques's Avatar

Originally Posted by Snuggler

But did you really? Add me on Steam and I'll send you my other free PixelJunk Eden. :)

Woo, such a nice dude you are!! Thanks!!

edit: lol, i mistyped "such" to "suck" XD
Snuggles
erotic butter maelstrom
(02-16-2012, 09:21 AM)
Snuggles's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dice

That game was annoying on PS3.

What annoyed you about it? They made a lot of nice changes to the Steam version. It controls much better with a mouse, and there are a lot of little touches like how it starts you at the point of your last hydra rather than always starting you at the beginning of the level.
JordanKZ
Member
(02-16-2012, 09:26 AM)
JordanKZ's Avatar
So errr, Alan Wake is out in 9 hours and you still can't buy it on the UK store. Any particular reasoning behind this?
Snuggles
erotic butter maelstrom
(02-16-2012, 09:31 AM)
Snuggles's Avatar

Originally Posted by JordanKZ

So errr, Alan Wake is out in 9 hours and you still can't buy it on the UK store. Any particular reasoning behind this?

Can't buy it at the US store either. For some reason Remedy weren't able to do pre-purchases or pre-loads for AW on Steam.
Last edited by Snuggles; 02-16-2012 at 10:02 AM.
carbonbased
Member
(02-16-2012, 09:49 AM)
carbonbased's Avatar

Originally Posted by Blizzard

Be warned, I seem to recall that even people who liked the game (Stallion Free for instance?) said that the ending levels get very frustrating due to some timing elements. I suspect this is what Relax.MX ran into, and you have not yet.

You may end up still disagreeing, but I'm just saying I think I read something specific about the end part not being as good.

ah ok got it. i have been meaning to go back to it and make some more progress and i should probably post my experience with those parts once i do.
allansm
Member
(02-16-2012, 09:59 AM)
allansm's Avatar

Originally Posted by Relax.MX

1- backlog :) i just finished Hamilton Great Adventure (thanks IGN prime XO), 7 hr. and


= Gold in all levels...

I love puzzle game like this(indie puzzle games) but this is just boring... ¿my recommendation?..play other like Blocks That Matter

Because the game is mediocre, are some bad decisions in the game design that made it frustrating, not because the game is hard is because is annoying, like the fuckin bird, the flying enemies, animations deaths, etc. Also are bugs in timing gameplay and has zero charisma in his world and characters, feel like a cheap phone game with good graphics...

4/10

I finished the game but did not try to get gold in all levels as I was just not enjoying it that much . I have to say I agree with you on everything besides the world and characters lacking charisma and the score, I think a 6/10 it's more adequate.

Originally Posted by Snuggler

You know what game owns? PixelJunk Eden. It's an awesome game but only 2 of my 116 Steam friends own it. It's a 4 year old port and it hasn't had a big sale yet, but still...

So true. I promised myself to not buy any games full price this year, I broke my promise because of Eden and I don't regret it at all. I'm having so much fun. Once this game has a sale I'm considering gifting it to some friends.
Manabanana
Member
(02-16-2012, 10:01 AM)
Manabanana's Avatar
You can pre-purchase Alan Wake on GamersGate if you absolutely need to pay for it now.
Des0lar
will learn eventually
(02-16-2012, 10:15 AM)
Des0lar's Avatar

Originally Posted by Manabanana

You can pre-purchase Alan Wake on GamersGate if you absolutely need to pay for it now.

Thanks to IGN Prime even 15% off :D
Nabs
(02-16-2012, 10:30 AM)
Nabs's Avatar

Originally Posted by Des0lar

Thanks to IGN Prime even 15% off :D

Smart man.
Nelo Ice
Nelotard
(02-16-2012, 10:31 AM)
Nelo Ice's Avatar

Originally Posted by Des0lar

Thanks to IGN Prime even 15% off :D

That discount is going to be so incredibly awesome for any GamersGate sales.
Saty
Member
(02-16-2012, 11:08 AM)
Saty's Avatar
L.A. Noire gets DX11 support via patch:

• DirectX 11 support added for improved performance on many Windows Vista and Windows 7 setups using DX11 graphics cards
• Option added to game launcher allowing switching between DirectX 9 and 11 renderers
• Additional checks added that make sure a selected video resolution is fully compatible with L.A. Noire

http://www.rockstargames.com/lanoire...e-the-com.html
3chopl0x
Member
(02-16-2012, 11:16 AM)
3chopl0x's Avatar
You Alan Wakers may want to hold out for a bit

Green Man Gaming
What would you say to a 33% voucher on Alan Wake when it releases tonight? :)
Deques
Member
(02-16-2012, 11:32 AM)
Deques's Avatar

Originally Posted by 3chopl0x

You Alan Wakers may want to hold out for a bit

Green Man Gaming
What would you say to a 33% voucher on Alan Wake when it releases tonight? :)

That sounds very nice. Any idea how much it will cost there?
goodfella
Member
(02-16-2012, 12:07 PM)
goodfella's Avatar

Originally Posted by Saty

L.A. Noire gets DX11 support via patch:

• DirectX 11 support added for improved performance on many Windows Vista and Windows 7 setups using DX11 graphics cards
• Option added to game launcher allowing switching between DirectX 9 and 11 renderers
• Additional checks added that make sure a selected video resolution is fully compatible with L.A. Noire

http://www.rockstargames.com/lanoire...e-the-com.html

Well that is hugely surprising.
Dambrosi
Member
(02-16-2012, 12:12 PM)
Dambrosi's Avatar

Originally Posted by Des0lar

Thanks to IGN Prime even 15% off :D

4 LYFE Oh, GamersGate, why did you let that happen

That's gonna come back and kick GG in the face this winter sale season.

Though GMG's 33% off coupon sounds more tempting, even though I'm not really interested in the game - too many AAA games in my backlog as is.

Still might
jediyoshi
Member
(02-16-2012, 12:31 PM)
jediyoshi's Avatar

Originally Posted by Deques

That sounds very nice. Any idea how much it will cost there?

Looks to be like they jumped the gun and withdrew saying an actual percent discount :|

edit: they also seem to be really adamant about referring to their 40% darkness 2 deal as 50%, unless us yanks are missing out to their .co.uk deals.
Last edited by jediyoshi; 02-16-2012 at 03:21 PM.
Stallion Free
Cock Encumbered
(02-16-2012, 02:54 PM)
Stallion Free's Avatar

Originally Posted by Blizzard

Be warned, I seem to recall that even people who liked the game (Stallion Free for instance?) said that the ending levels get very frustrating due to some timing elements. I suspect this is what Relax.MX ran into, and you have not yet.

You may end up still disagreeing, but I'm just saying I think I read something specific about the end part not being as good.

Pretty much yeah. The mechanics never really feel speed friendly so when you hit the levels that demand speed it can be quite frustrating. That's only two or so of the main levels though.
EternalGamer
Banned
(02-16-2012, 03:01 PM)

Originally Posted by Dambrosi

4 LYFE Oh, GamersGate, why did you let that happen

That's gonna come back and kick GG in the face this winter sale season.

Though GMG's 33% off coupon sounds more tempting, even though I'm not really interested in the game - too many AAA games in my backlog as is.

Still might

If the GMG version is Steam activated, I may buy it even though I beat the game on the 360.

I never played the two DLC chapters and a getting them for free with a better version of the game for $20 sounds pretty great.
Joe Molotov
(02-16-2012, 03:04 PM)
Joe Molotov's Avatar

Originally Posted by EternalGamer

If the GMG version is Steam activated, I may buy it even though I beat the game on the 360.

I never played the two DLC chapters and a getting them for free with a better version of the game for $20 sounds pretty great.

Alan Wake is Steamworks, so go nuts.
HoosTrax
Member
(02-16-2012, 03:12 PM)
HoosTrax's Avatar

Originally Posted by crimsonheadGCN

Avernum series was added to the registry.

Avernum's predecessor, the Exile series games were probably the games that really got me into PC gaming in the first place. Exile 2 and 3 in particular. Very old school style RPGs. They were diamonds in the rough and easily the best games on the half-dozen or so CDs in this shareware compilation I had.
gdt
blow in her face and
she'll follow you anywhere
(02-16-2012, 03:16 PM)
gdt's Avatar
I'm still having an odd problem with Sonic Generations. Basically, I don't get any logos or UI, and no hud at all durning gameplay. When I press pause, I can hear the menu sounds, but can't see anything. I tried re installing, which made it work once, but never again.

Anyone had this issue?
Nabs
(02-16-2012, 03:17 PM)
Nabs's Avatar
That probably means you're trying to force AA through your drivers. Reset CCC and try again.

Thread Tools