• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

AgentP
(02-17-2012, 04:44 PM)
Anyone tried the PSP Resistance game, does the second analog work like when you play via the PS3?
SomewhatGroovy
(02-17-2012, 04:45 PM)
Guys, how is dissidia 012? I liked the first thiugh it was a tad long. I need some awesome japanese games to catch up on. Was thinking of that and monster hunter (which i had on psp and wii)
pharmboy044
Banned
(02-17-2012, 04:45 PM)

Originally Posted by Fixed1979

It's fucked, since I switched credit cards it's been fucked. My friend spent over 3 hours on the phone between Visa and Sony trying to get something figured out and eventually gave up.

I think it's Sony's fault of how they treat your credit card info. There are quite a few people who've had this issue.
Not sure if there is an answer for this.
Wario64
works for Gamestop (lol)
(02-17-2012, 04:46 PM)

Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway

Anyone try to trade in Little Deviants at Gamestop? Is it worth a shot?

Also, not sure if it's been posted already but Amazon has HSG for $29.99!

I think they're giving like $10 trade in for it
Baconsammy
Banned
(02-17-2012, 04:48 PM)
Another (not entirely glowing) review of Lumines.

Their complaints mean little to me since I don't miss any of the modes removed.
Fixed1979
(02-17-2012, 04:50 PM)

Originally Posted by pharmboy044

I think it's Sony's fault of how they treat your credit card info. There are quite a few people who've had this issue.
Not sure if there is an answer for this.

It definitely is on Sony's side.
e_i
(02-17-2012, 04:50 PM)
I'm surprised at the browser. It's pretty fast.
DoctorWho
BOSS
(02-17-2012, 04:51 PM)
Lumines seems like a portable game to me. I could never quite get into the console version.
phosphor112
Banned
(02-17-2012, 04:51 PM)

Originally Posted by Takao

That's kind of impossible given 3DS got a Monster Hunter game before Vita even launched in Japan.

talkin about MH4
patsu
(02-17-2012, 04:52 PM)

Originally Posted by Goldrusher

Sony's OS designers really are useless:

Vita OS looks pretty early but solid so far. Better than Android in content protection and rendering, but lesser convenience/advanced/fancy features (e.g. No voice recognition goodies, no folders yet). They designed it to be portable to other OSes too. The one on Vita may be running on licensed software from some form of BSD according to the System Info menu.

- you can't backup your saves
- you can't have multiple profiles
- no Android apps, instead Sony wants the Vita OS on their phones, wtf
- no PSX games
- half of the PSP games don't work
- can't see Vita people from PS3 (and vice versa?)
- games playable on both PS3 and PSVITA, give you double trophies, wtf

You can backup your saves as part of the system backup. The save files are bundled with the games likely because they can be stored on the same retail gamer card. It's also easier to sandbox them, or even transfer the game bundle to different devices/OS, like iOS app model. I suspect cloud save may be possible in the future too for PS+ users.

What's missing is a proper Sync Device feature. That way, we don't have to do a time consuming full backup everytime.

Multiple profiles is possible but restricted by design. When you attempt to signin to PSN, Sony can log if you're using the same device and card. A hacker who stole your account will use a different card and device, and can be differentiated if necessary.

PSP and PSOne titles will just keep increasing. Same for Vita and PSSuite games.

Vita can see PS3 users. PS3 users can't see Vita folks. I think this area needs sone more refinement
Would be superb if they can integrate Near, friends list and cross play better on both Vita and PS3.
chubigans
y'all should be ashamed

Originally Posted by e_i

Yeah, it's quite nice. Thanks jeff_rigby!
Edag Plata

Originally Posted by e_i

Agreed. I used it to browse GAF for the wallpapers and it was as good if not better than the iPhone browser.
KalBalboa
(02-17-2012, 04:53 PM)
What's the consensus on the best online multiplayer title at launch?

Wipeout? HSG?
thepotatoman
So i have a friend that is having a hard time getting Ys 1 & 2 onto his vita using a ps3. Is there anywhere that has precise instructions on how to get it to work?
Gordon Shumway
Banned

Originally Posted by Wario64

I think they're giving like $10 trade in for it

Thanks sir, that's worth a quick drive by.
Mrbob
how can the baaasheep
enjoy the shootbang?

Originally Posted by DoctorWho

Lumines seems like a portable game to me. I could never quite get into the console version.

This seems to be the case. I own Lumines on both Steam and 360, but never play them at all compared to when I played Lumines on my friends PSP quite a bit.

I think I'm going digital with Lumines on Vita to have it with me at all times.
Lord Error
Insane For Sony
(02-17-2012, 04:54 PM)
Just tried music playback, and it's definitely persistent everywhere. You can run any game with a custom soundtrack.

Originally Posted by Mrbob

I think I'm going digital with Lumines on Vita to have it with me at all times.

It's better on Vita anyway. It's the best version of the game for sure.
Wario64
works for Gamestop (lol)
(02-17-2012, 04:55 PM)

Thanks sir, that's worth a quick drive by.

I'll buy it off you for $12 :P
Baconsammy
Banned
(02-17-2012, 04:56 PM)
I've played Lumines on 360 for the past 3 months since I traded in my 3000 to Amazon towards the Vita. It's got 100+ skins and as long as you have one of the newer controllers with improved D-pads it's actually great. I'll probably not play it a lot once I get the portable version, but I will go back to it from time to time because it's got some awesome songs in it that most likely will never show up in the Vita game.
VanWinkle
(02-17-2012, 04:56 PM)
I think folders should be an OS priority for them right now. One of a few, but one of them nonetheless.
GQman2121
(02-17-2012, 04:57 PM)
Are the demos up on the store yet? Does FIFA have a demo?

Edit: For you wifi-ers who preordered at best buy, you should call your store and see if you can pick up your system now. Someone I work with picked theirs up last night. They're breaking street date for their preorders it seems.
Last edited by GQman2121; 02-17-2012 at 05:01 PM.
archnemesis
(02-17-2012, 04:57 PM)

Originally Posted by thepotatoman

So i have a friend that is having a hard time getting Ys 1 & 2 onto his vita using a ps3. Is there anywhere that has precise instructions on how to get it to work?

As far as I know, only one GAFer has managed to get it to run properly. Maybe it has something to do with regions?
Trevelyan
(02-17-2012, 04:59 PM)

I'll buy it off you for $12 :P

Pffft, I'll GIVE you my copy. Even drop it off at your house!
Darklor01
(02-17-2012, 04:59 PM)
I gotta say, I'm thoroughly amused by Uncharted, LOVE Virtua Tennis. I have yet to try any other titles yet. I have FIFA, UMvC3, VT, WipEout 2048, Uncharted, and HSG. I'll get around to those soon, hopefully before MLB 12: The show gets here.

Damn, great launch!
DenogginizerOS
BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
(02-17-2012, 05:00 PM)
I spoke to managers at my Target, Toys R Us and Best Buy just now.

Target: My store will not have all launch games available in the 22nd. They will not have 32GB cards. The preorder window has closed. He said Sony has asked them to promote digital downloads (which is odd since they don't have 32GB cards). He would not confirm B2G1 deal.

Best Buy: No confirmation on trade-in bonuses. Can still preorder in-store for 22nd launch. They should have "most games" but since games are on sale now, he said not to expect them to all be there on the 22nd.

Toys R Us: Will not confirm specifics, but they are having a Vita promotion starting Sunday. My store will not be carrying 32GB cards. They already have most games out including Rayman.

Obviously, your store may vary. But this may help you plan.
Wario64
works for Gamestop (lol)
(02-17-2012, 05:02 PM)
Toys R Us will have $20 gift card for $50 in vita purchases on games ad accessories

Just check CAG, they already outed the deals for these stores

Ads > employees, they will never say anything
mr_toa
(02-17-2012, 05:03 PM)

Originally Posted by Blue Submarine No. 6

It's worth every penny. Great game... considering all the dross I've picked up over the years for $50+, paying $23 for Jean d'Arc is a comparative steal...

That is 100% undiluted truth! Amongst the real PSP gems!
KalBalboa
(02-17-2012, 05:04 PM)

Toys R Us will have $20 gift card for $50 in vita purchases on games ad accessories

I'll be using that and my $20 at Target to buy myself Lumines on PSN. This launch has a stupidly high amount of great deals- I only paid for one game so far, and it was Wipeout for $30 at a US Gamestop.
Bumhead
(02-17-2012, 05:05 PM)
Frantically checking my Amazon.co.uk order status. Itching for the status to turn from "Not Yet Dispatched".. :(
Baconsammy
Banned
(02-17-2012, 05:06 PM)

Originally Posted by DenogginizerOS

The preorder window has closed. He said Sony has asked them to promote digital downloads (which is odd since they don't have 32GB cards). He would not confirm B2G1 deal.

Is Sony selling digital download code-cards for games in retail stores?
archnemesis

Originally Posted by TheWednesday

Frantically checking my Amazon.co.uk order status. Itching for the status to turn from "Not Yet Dispatched".. :(

It's five days left, right? Do you really think they'll send them out soon?
DrAndonuts

Anyone try to trade in Little Deviants at Gamestop? Is it worth a shot?

Also, not sure if it's been posted already but Amazon has HSG for $29.99!

Take it to Best Buy. They're giving $16, plus if you trade it towards a Vita game next week, you'll get 40% extra. I traded it to Twisted Metal yesterday, which has a 40% bonus, and I got $22.40 for it.
Mrbob
how can the baaasheep
enjoy the shootbang?
(02-17-2012, 05:07 PM)

Originally Posted by Blue Submarine No. 6

It's worth every penny. Great game... considering all the dross I've picked up over the years for $50+, paying $23 for Jean d'Arc is a comparative steal...

I'm sure you are 100 percent right, but I have a big PSP back catalog to dig into. Going to start with the Ys games and move from there.

If I don't see a sale in a month or two I may cave in.
Castor Krieg
Banned

Originally Posted by archnemesis

Monday the earliest.
krae_man

Originally Posted by mr_toa

That is 100% undiluted truth! Amongst the real PSP gems!

I'm so tempted to double dip and get the digital version for my Vita and play through that game for like an 8th time.

One of my favorite games ever.
codhand
(02-17-2012, 05:09 PM)

Originally Posted by Baconsammy

Another (not entirely glowing) review of Lumines.

Their complaints mean little to me since I don't miss any of the modes removed.

The complaint about not mixing songs seems, nitpicky but valid, I can't stand when mixing is overlooked, especially for an electronic soundtrack like this one, where it could've really added to the hypnosis of the gameplay.
DomGTAB
(02-17-2012, 05:11 PM)

Originally Posted by AgentP

Anyone tried the PSP Resistance game, does the second analog work like when you play via the PS3?

Can't copy it on my Vita. Can't download from Vita either...
Gordon Shumway
Banned
(02-17-2012, 05:12 PM)

Originally Posted by DrAndonuts

Take it to Best Buy. They're giving $16, plus if you trade it towards a Vita game next week, you'll get 40% extra. I traded it to Twisted Metal yesterday, which has a 40% bonus, and I got $22.40 for it.

So if I wait till next week I'll get $22.40? Guess we have a winner. Thanks for the info!
DenogginizerOS
(02-17-2012, 05:12 PM)

Ads > employees, they will never say anything

Those CAG threads are based loosely on ads. Target not having all titles, Best Buy not having specifics on which handhelds will get trade-in buff, and what Toys R Us will have and when may affect people's plans.
patsu
(02-17-2012, 05:13 PM)

My local Gamestop folks say Yes but I haven't seen any yet.
DenogginizerOS
(02-17-2012, 05:14 PM)

The manger did not metnion those. He did emphasize that Sony has asked them to promote digital downloads and to tell customers games they may not find in stores can be found via download.
Bumhead
(02-17-2012, 05:15 PM)

No..

I don't really know the pre-order procedure at Amazon, but I'm hoping for at least some sort of "Preparing in Warehouse" upate or something like the Play.com linked orders earlier.

Hoping they get delivered on Tuesday though rather than Wednesday. Based on nothing but blind hope.
Baconsammy
Banned

Originally Posted by codhand

The complaint about not mixing songs seems, nitpicky but valid, I can't stand when mixing is overlooked, especially for an electronic soundtrack like this one, where it could've really added to the hypnosis of the gameplay.

Yep, it's a valid complaint, but it's been that way in the other games, so it wont bother me much. What will bother me is that they didn't bother to make the sound you hear when you tap the back-touch match the skin. That's just lazy and dumb.
mr_toa

Originally Posted by krae_man

I'm so tempted to double dip and get the digital version for my Vita and play through that game for like an 8th time.

One of my favorite games ever.

I'll most certainly double dip when my Vita lands later this month!
Baconsammy
Banned
(02-17-2012, 05:16 PM)

The manger did not metnion those. He did emphasize that Sony has asked them to promote digital downloads and to tell customers games they may not find in stores can be found via download.

That's an interesting way to fuck your retail partners. "We're not going to supply you with product. But please tell people we'll sell them games directly online."
Argyle
(02-17-2012, 05:17 PM)

As far as I know, only one GAFer has managed to get it to run properly. Maybe it has something to do with regions?

Someone cleared this up a few pages ago, apparently Ys 1 and 2 got posted to the store twice (the original offer is no longer available, but it's different than the version that you can currently buy). One GAFfer accidentally bought it twice since owning the original upload doesn't lock you out from buying it again (since it's different) and he noticed that only the original version can be transferred over.

I bought my copy a few days ago so I have the new version that can't be transferred over, but hopefully it gets fixed soon...

This post: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...ostcount=14227
Last edited by Argyle; 02-17-2012 at 05:20 PM.
lolez2matt
(02-17-2012, 05:17 PM)
Guys, does ps3 media server works with Vita???
Vlodril
(02-17-2012, 05:18 PM)
I keep seeing that Trailers in the sky is 20$ or something but when i search for it in the euro store its 35. Is that some mistake or is Sony or whoever published it scalping europeans? And if its the second, can i get it from the us store and then move it to my euro account(thus the vita acc)?
Got the Shakes
(02-17-2012, 05:19 PM)

Originally Posted by DrAndonuts

This is something I might need to jump on, there is a 40% bonus towards Twisted Metal or UFC and I was thinking about picking one of them up anyways.
Castor Krieg
Banned
(02-17-2012, 05:22 PM)

Those CAG threads are based loosely on ads. Target not having all titles, Best Buy not having specifics on which handhelds will get trade-in buff, and what Toys R Us will have and when may affect people's plans.

That is an interesting way to do your job aka not at all. Are retail chains clueless like that all the time?

That's an interesting way to fuck your retail partners. "We're not going to supply you with product. But please tell people we'll sell them games directly online."

Sony mentioned in the past retailers will also be selling download codes for retail titles.

Originally Posted by Vlodril

I keep seeing that Trailers in the sky is 20$ or something but when i search for it in the euro store its 35. Is that some mistake or is Sony or whoever published it scalping europeans? And if its the second, can i get it from the us store and then move it to my euro account(thus the vita acc)?

If you buy on the European store you need to play it on the same European account on your Vita.