• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Zoibie
(02-17-2012, 05:22 PM)

Originally Posted by TheWednesday

Frantically checking my Amazon.co.uk order status. Itching for the status to turn from "Not Yet Dispatched".. :(

I'm doing the same. Realistically though, I'm not expecting it to start processing until Sunday at the earliest.
anddo0
(02-17-2012, 05:22 PM)

Originally Posted by DenogginizerOS

I spoke to managers at my Target, Toys R Us and Best Buy just now.

Target: My store will not have all launch games available in the 22nd. They will not have 32GB cards. The preorder window has closed. He said Sony has asked them to promote digital downloads (which is odd since they don't have 32GB cards). He would not confirm B2G1 deal.

Best Buy: No confirmation on trade-in bonuses. Can still preorder in-store for 22nd launch. They should have "most games" but since games are on sale now, he said not to expect them to all be there on the 22nd.

Toys R Us: Will not confirm specifics, but they are having a Vita promotion starting Sunday. My store will not be carrying 32GB cards. They already have most games out including Rayman.

Obviously, your store may vary. But this may help you plan.

Well that sucks. What's the point of the B2G1 deal. If they don't most of the games.
Baconsammy
Banned
(02-17-2012, 05:23 PM)

Originally Posted by Castor Krieg

Sony mentioned in the past retailers will also be selling download codes for retail titles.

I hope Amazon does, but they've stopped selling anything PSN related directly for the past few months. I loved buying my PSN point codes from them in the past.
kuroshiki
(02-17-2012, 05:24 PM)
Is 'game download code' even exist? I know there is PSN card...
Kung Fu Jedi
(02-17-2012, 05:25 PM)

Originally Posted by DenogginizerOS

Those CAG threads are based loosely on ads. Target not having all titles, Best Buy not having specifics on which handhelds will get trade-in buff, and what Toys R Us will have and when may affect people's plans.

It certainly has an effect on my plans. I was hoping to swing by Target and TRU on Sunday or Monday and get all the games and accessories I wanted, then I'd just swing by and get my system at midnight on the 22nd, and be all set for my trip that morning. May have to rethink that strategy some, although trips to both Target and TRU will probably still be in the cards.
Carl
(02-17-2012, 05:26 PM)
My Vita order from Tesco is listed as "awaiting despatch" so hopeful for it to be delivered next wednesday!
LiquidMetal14
hide your water-based mammals
(02-17-2012, 05:30 PM)
Another day in the life of a HSG lobby

Some facial expressions

Any games going on soon? I'm ready to go at it again if anyone wants to go into CAT ALLEY!
Castor Krieg
Banned
(02-17-2012, 05:30 PM)

Originally Posted by kuroshiki

It does not exist right now, like half the ideas Sony has. But it shouldn't be too difficult to implement. As I said, Sony mentioned in the past retailers will carry download codes for retail titles.
Bumhead
(02-17-2012, 05:31 PM)

Originally Posted by Zoibie

I'm doing the same. Realistically though, I'm not expecting it to start processing until Sunday at the earliest.

Yeah same to be honest mate. I'm just ticking the day's off one at a time at the minute though so hoping something changes soon.
Carl
(02-17-2012, 05:33 PM)

It does not exist right now, like half the ideas Sony has. But it shouldn't be too difficult to implement. As I said, Sony mentioned in the past retailers will carry download codes for retail titles.

What? They do exist. They sell them in most shops
Blue Submarine No. 6
(02-17-2012, 05:34 PM)

Originally Posted by Darklor01

I gotta say, I'm thoroughly amused by Uncharted, LOVE Virtua Tennis. I have yet to try any other titles yet. I have FIFA, UMvC3, VT, WipEout 2048, Uncharted, and HSG. I'll get around to those soon, hopefully before MLB 12: The show gets here.

Damn, great launch!

Ya, I'm suffering from this "problem" too... I've got Uncharted, Li'l Deviants, Wipeout 2048, UMvC3, Virtua Tennis 4, Escape Plan and Super Stardust Delta, with Army Corps of Hell and Ninja Gaiden Sigma on the way... So far, I've played Super Stardust, Prinny and Uncharted... for hours... and loving it...

I keep thinking I should load up another game, but I'm not ready to move on from these yet... :)
Ken
(02-17-2012, 05:35 PM)

Originally Posted by LiquidMetal14

Some facial expressions

Any games going on soon? I'm ready to go at it again if anyone wants to go into CAT ALLEY!

Saw you in the lobby earlier but you disappeared so I joined a random game.

Mind if I add you on PSN? I'm nya_08.
Baconsammy
Banned

Yep. I bought someone a code for the Ratchet and Clank PSN game last year.
sakipon

I think there could be lots of opportunities for retailers. Imagine a beautiful, truly high quality art card of the game in question. They could put the code inside the shrinkwrap on another slip or something. It'd be like purchasing an art postcard.

Nintendo has already done artsy things for the network cards in Japan (special editions with Zelda etc). It really might make people more interested in buying digital value or games in physical stores.

Originally Posted by Carl

So what are they like? Just a mere shadow of my vision, I bet.
LiquidMetal14
(02-17-2012, 05:38 PM)

Originally Posted by Ken

Saw you in the lobby earlier but you disappeared so I joined a random game.

Mind if I add you on PSN? I'm nya_08.

Send the invite over. I be on in about 1 minute.

I've had more friend requests in the last 3 days than in the last 6 months lol
Syn23
(02-17-2012, 05:38 PM)

Originally Posted by LiquidMetal14

I have a question that may be silly. For what game modes are lobbies mandatory?

Do you have to access them only to play live tournaments? What about asynchronous multiplayer?
daoster
(02-17-2012, 05:39 PM)
So guys...I preordered my Vita 3G way back when on Amazon...and the game comes out on the 22nd....yet my estimated delivery date is the 27th?

What's up with that? I'm a prime user, so I would get two day free shipping, and regardless, its free release date shipping anyways, so is this the same for anybody else?
dreamfall
(02-17-2012, 05:40 PM)
Don't know if folks are also wondering about this, but I double dipped on The Warriors and it definitely works. Again, with most Rockstar titles, camera control is done by holding one button and swiveling an analog stick. Still, so happy it works on the Vita!

jcutner

Originally Posted by pharmboy044

I think it's Sony's fault of how they treat your credit card info. There are quite a few people who've had this issue.
Not sure if there is an answer for this.

AskPlaystation replied to me via DM on Twitter

"I know it is being researched. If it hasn't been resolved yet, I'm sure it will be soon."

horseshitttttt
LiquidMetal14

Originally Posted by Syn23

I have a question that may be silly. For what game modes are lobbies mandatory?

Do you have to access them only to play live tournaments? What about asynchronous multiplayer?

Not as far as I see. I just go there because it's far more social. You hop right into tournaments without entering them I believe. Someone can correct me but in honesty, I've only done lobbies but could see if going straight in would save that hassle of going into a lobby.
Castor Krieg
Banned
(02-17-2012, 05:41 PM)

Originally Posted by Carl

Originally Posted by Baconsammy

Yep. I bought someone a code for the Ratchet and Clank PSN game last year.

Really? Never heard of the being out, and for PSP. Heard about them the first time Sony presented Vita.
Wario64
works for Gamestop (lol)
(02-17-2012, 05:43 PM)

Originally Posted by daoster

So guys...I preordered my Vita 3G way back when on Amazon...and the game comes out on the 22nd....yet my estimated delivery date is the 27th?

What's up with that? I'm a prime user, so I would get two day free shipping, and regardless, its free release date shipping anyways, so is this the same for anybody else?

Feb 22 here

RDD, WiFi ordered on June 6th

I save 99 cents for preordering on first day since they had it for $249.00 :P
codhand
(02-17-2012, 05:43 PM)

Originally Posted by dreamfall

Don't know if folks are also wondering about this, but I double dipped on The Warriors and it definitely works. Again, with most Rockstar titles, camera control is done by holding one button and swiveling an analog stick. Still, so happy it works on the Vita!

I recall the camera being the weird reversed camera controls, is there an option for both clock and counter clockwise, loved the warriors, not very good on PSP though, due to controls.
Tobor
Look!
A crack addict with a tag!
(02-17-2012, 05:44 PM)

Really? Never heard of the being out, and for PSP. Heard about them the first time Sony presented Vita.

They had Patapon 2 cards out when the Go launched.
codhand
(02-17-2012, 05:45 PM)

Originally Posted by Wario64

I save 99 cents

Hellllo Doodlejump.
Salaadin

Originally Posted by daoster

I reserved my 3g vita last week and its estimated for the 22nd. Did you select release date delivery when they made it available? They don't switch you automatically.
madmaxx350
guise, I need Vita friends :(... Spamming my ps3 friends when they don't see me online got old yesterday...

dreamfall
(02-17-2012, 05:46 PM)

Originally Posted by codhand

I recall the camera being the weird reversed camera controls, is there an option for both clock and counter clockwise, loved the warriors, not very good on PSP though, due to controls.

Camera is definitely just alright. I mapped the right analog stick to the left, so I hold L+Right stick to move camera about when standing still. More importantly, it helps in graffiti/throwing gameplay. I think it is a stellar port (I had the UMD, played it to completion without problems).
raven777
(02-17-2012, 05:46 PM)
my vita froze for the first time today. I rebooted, and hope there is nothing wrong with my vita.
archnemesis
(02-17-2012, 05:51 PM)

Originally Posted by Argyle

Someone cleared this up a few pages ago, apparently Ys 1 and 2 got posted to the store twice (the original offer is no longer available, but it's different than the version that you can currently buy). One GAFfer accidentally bought it twice since owning the original upload doesn't lock you out from buying it again (since it's different) and he noticed that only the original version can be transferred over.

I bought my copy a few days ago so I have the new version that can't be transferred over, but hopefully it gets fixed soon...

This post: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...ostcount=14227

Thanks, I'll update the OP with the explanation.

@LiquidMetal14 and others: Why not use the official thread for Everybody's/Hot Shots Golf instead?
TimeKillr
(02-17-2012, 05:51 PM)
Yay, my Vita shipped from VGP. I should have it monday, I'm so hyped. :)
Xander51
(02-17-2012, 05:52 PM)

Originally Posted by madmaxx350

guise, I need Vita friends :(... Spamming my ps3 friends when they don't see me online got old yesterday...

I tried to add you but your friends list is totally full.
같ToMmY같
(02-17-2012, 05:54 PM)

Originally Posted by madmaxx350

Add me, i'll have vita next week: tommasoted
VanWinkle
(02-17-2012, 05:54 PM)
I got it!! Darn I'm so excited! I couldn't believe how premium the device feels despite being light.

Salaadin
(02-17-2012, 05:55 PM)
Hey guys,

Please stop posing your Vitas in sexy shots like that. Youre making me jealous.

Thanks.

Love, Salaadin
UberTag
(02-17-2012, 05:56 PM)
How about that? Someone with a decent camera finally took pics of their Vita.
Those look GLORIOUS!

Incidentally, I'm also now stuck with the same credit card issue as jcutner.
Worked fine purchasing games last Thursday & this past Tuesday. Then "just stopped".

Still funds on the account. Still usable on other sites. Bank not blocking purchases from PlayStation Store. Even bought BlazBlue briefly after the issue first manifested.
Now there's nothing but error codes on the Vita and my PS3. Was able to pick up a Canadian PSN card digitally online as a short-term solution but this is certainly less than ideal.
Last edited by UberTag; 02-17-2012 at 05:59 PM.
dark10x
60 fps 60 fps 60 fps 60 fps 30 fps 60 fps 60 fps 30 fps
(02-17-2012, 05:56 PM)
Man, I would love to see a 3DS XL. That screen is soooo tiny and not well suited for 3D as a result. A nice 5" screen ala Vita would be awesome even with the low DPI it would bring.
AMxKaOtIcDeV
(02-17-2012, 05:57 PM)
Add me on your Vita's people, i need friends (Forever Alone Face)

Deviantfan23

:).
Castor Krieg
Banned
(02-17-2012, 06:00 PM)
That 3DS is mighty nice. More shots please!
Raine

Originally Posted by VanWinkle

I got it!! Darn I'm so excited! I couldn't believe how premium the device feels despite being light.

Finally someone takes some good pics
Got the Shakes

Originally Posted by AMxKaOtIcDeV

Add me on your Vita's people, i need friends (Forever Alone Face)

Deviantfan23

:).

Either I can add you tonight when I'm home from work, or if you are near your Vita or PS3 add me PSN: GotTheShakes and I'll accept it when I get home.
Darko
What the hell are you talking about?
Who are you talking to???
(02-17-2012, 06:09 PM)

Originally Posted by dreamfall

can you map that to the second stick though?
centracore
(02-17-2012, 06:10 PM)
After reading all the impressions in this thread I came very close to switching from the regular PS Vita on the 22nd to the FEB. Luckily for me all stores in my city are sold out of the FEB so I guess 5 more days to go!
PSY・S
(02-17-2012, 06:12 PM)

Originally Posted by KillGore

By the way guys, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to speak about this website here? I apologize if I shouldn't.

Anyways, I found this website called lockerz, which I'm sure most of you know about it already. Not going to explain everything but I managed to get a 3G launch bundle for $240 last week, free shipping, no tax. I was scared that it would be a scam site but from what I've read, it's legit.

Originally Posted by dallow_bg

Has anybody's stuff from Lockerz shipped?

All I ordered was one game, but am curious.

My Uncharted shipped on the 15th and is out for delivery today. I guess that means I should expect my Vita to arrive around Friday next week.
aknbad30
Banned
(02-17-2012, 06:13 PM)

lol.....get out.
Weenerz
Banned
(02-17-2012, 06:14 PM)
If they have it, I'll be getting Uncharted, UMVC3 and either HSG or Virtua Tennis as my B2G1 from Target.
Reclaimer
(02-17-2012, 06:15 PM)
LOVE the digital game manuals.

However, its hilarious that certain publishers still keep them shitty black and white, even though they are for the Vita scren, not being printed.

Oh, Sega. Virtua Tennis Vita is a hell of a good game, but lol at your black and white manual.

Ps. Dear Vita Web Browser, fuck you for not having copy paste yet.
Last edited by Reclaimer; 02-17-2012 at 06:18 PM.
IMACOMPUTA
(02-17-2012, 06:16 PM)

Originally Posted by Wario64

I think they're giving like $10 trade in for it

I was able to sell Little Deviants on eBay for $23 shipped. (buy it now)
Cheska
GAH!!! This first edition case is driving me insane. No matter what I do I can't get that smell to go away :( I sprayed it with perfume and let it air out,but it's still there :( I just don't want my Vita to continue catching that stench. Has anyone found a method that worked? I'm almost considering picking up one of those travel pouches.
VanWinkle

Just for you, lol: