• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Overdoziz
Member
(02-17-2012, 06:56 PM)
Overdoziz's Avatar

Originally Posted by Steelyuhas

You posted it on your file share yet?

Best Sanctuary I've seen so far is Overkill's.

Link?
Edit: Never mind, found it. And it's also named Sanctum. >:(

Edit2: His version uses 7210 budget. Can't imagine that being any good in splitscreen. Could work well for the MLG playlist, though.
Last edited by Overdoziz; 02-17-2012 at 07:03 PM.
The Henery
Member
(02-17-2012, 06:56 PM)
The Henery's Avatar

Originally Posted by GhaleonEB

Heh. I don't even know what the Defiant achievements are. I looked at them back when they released and saw how bad they were and never looked since. Life's too short.

I'm resigned to the fact that I'll likely never get them. I'm not jumping through colon hoops full of terrible, terrible excrement to get them. Fucking disgraceful those 'achievements', much worse than the execrable Halo 3 ones. I got all the original achievments for Reach. The new ones are NOPE.JPG

Can't even be assed to boost them, nice job 343.
Karl2177
Member
(02-17-2012, 06:57 PM)
Karl2177's Avatar

Originally Posted by Overdoz1z

Link?

You need a link to the guy who started the classic movement's file share? Sheesh.
FyreWulff
Banned
(02-17-2012, 07:01 PM)
FyreWulff's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ramirez

You should do it for them, you seem to know the answer to every single thing Halo dev related.

Nah, I'm sure MS can find the $40,000 between their cushions to pay for the cert themselves from all that Kinect money.

Originally Posted by bobs99 ...

I think its fair to assume that Reach has been ditched already, and im fine with that, probably best to focus on making the next game good from the beginning.

People are going to be clamoring for Halo 4 1.1 after the game's been out for a month. It's just part of the cycle.

Originally Posted by Steelyuhas

Was just curious, because I don't think 1.2 is even remotely likely at this point.

I'm hoping there's one but the likelihood is low. But they have been accepting bug reports.


Originally Posted by thee henery

I'm resigned to the fact that I'll likely never get them. I'm not jumping through colon hoops full of terrible, terrible excrement to get them. Fucking disgraceful those 'achievements', much worse than the execrable Halo 3 ones. I got all the original achievments for Reach. The new ones are NOPE.JPG

Can't even be assed to boost them, nice job 343.

The new Defiant achievements that came along with Anniversary reach new levels of WTF. Prevent the flag from being taken by the other team? Sure, doable.. oh wait, for the entire game? And they don't even have to pick it up - even an enemy walking near the flag counts as them picking it up? *facepalm*
Gabotron ES
Member
(02-17-2012, 07:05 PM)
Gabotron ES's Avatar

Originally Posted by Overdoz1z


Edit2: His version uses 7210 budget. Can't imagine that being any good in splitscreen. Could work well for the MLG playlist, though.

It doesn't.
Steelyuhas
Member
(02-17-2012, 07:07 PM)
Steelyuhas's Avatar

Originally Posted by Overdoz1z

Link?
Edit: Never mind, found it. And it's also named Sanctum. >:(

Edit2: His version uses 7210 budget. Can't imagine that being any good in splitscreen. Could work well for the MLG playlist, though.

Haha same name.

I think it works in 2-way split, but not 4-way split.

I asked Jeremiah about the possibility of replacing Asylum way back and he said that there wasn't any community sanctuary's that passed the 4-way test.
The Henery
Member
(02-17-2012, 07:09 PM)
The Henery's Avatar

Originally Posted by FyreWulff

I'm hoping there's one but the likelihood is low. But they have been accepting bug reports.

I think there might be a very small update to keep the TU settings but with bleedthrough seperable. I say this because Frankie has hinted that 'they're looking into bleedthrough' more than once. That would be perfect for me, though I am used to bleedthrough now.
FyreWulff
Banned
(02-17-2012, 07:12 PM)
FyreWulff's Avatar

Originally Posted by Steelyuhas

Haha same name.

I think it works in 2-way split, but not 4-way split.

I asked Jeremiah about the possibility of replacing Asylum way back and he said that there wasn't any community sanctuary's that passed the 4-way test.

Yeah, Asylum as it stands is considered the absolute lowest a map can go for performance in 4-split. So when Sanctuary maps throw even more FW objects on their version, it's already not usable.

Originally Posted by thee henery

I think there might be a very small update to keep the TU settings but with bleedthrough seperable. I say this because Frankie has hinted that 'they're looking into bleedthrough' more than once. That would be perfect for me, though I am used to bleedthrough now.

If they did that it would be awesome. I'd still want an RoF locked DMR but at least the feedback system would be restored. Until then I'd just continue to crouch-zero-bloom across maps in BTB at full firing speed.
Steelyuhas
Member
(02-17-2012, 07:15 PM)
Steelyuhas's Avatar

Originally Posted by FyreWulff

Yeah, Asylum as it stands is considered the absolute lowest a map can go for performance in 4-split. So when Sanctuary maps throw even more FW objects on their version, it's already not usable.

Kind of ironic that Asylum is the the only Sanc out there that supports 4-way split, yet its so poorly forged that it has fat frame rate drops on full screen.
squidhands
My preferred nomenclature
is Hobo-American
(02-17-2012, 07:17 PM)
squidhands's Avatar

Originally Posted by Steelyuhas

I asked Jeremiah about the possibility of replacing Asylum way back and he said that there wasn't any community sanctuary's that passed the 4-way test.

I've really grown to detest the 4-way splitscreen hoop that forgers have to jump through to get their maps included into MM. It's virtually impossible to test that at home; even three other dummy controllers won't really give you the right feedback. I hope to hell that 4 player split dies a horrible death for Halo 4's mulitplayer (rent/bring your own damn monitors for LAN parties). Or maybe, I don't know, give us some sort of map editor that isn't one step forward and three steps back.
Overdoziz
Member
(02-17-2012, 07:25 PM)
Overdoziz's Avatar

Originally Posted by Steelyuhas

Haha same name.

I think it works in 2-way split, but not 4-way split.

I asked Jeremiah about the possibility of replacing Asylum way back and he said that there wasn't any community sanctuary's that passed the 4-way test.

Still funny considering the fact that Asylum has framedrops even on a single screen. If I ever submit my I'll just point out that my version uses less objects and budget than Asylum and you can't see as much of the map at one point like on Asylum. I also use less objects with glass in them and no lights whatsoever. If my version's framerate isn't good enough than Asylum should be remove too.
kylej
Banned
(02-17-2012, 07:27 PM)
kylej's Avatar

Originally Posted by FyreWulff


The new Defiant achievements that came along with Anniversary reach new levels of WTF. Prevent the flag from being taken by the other team? Sure, doable.. oh wait, for the entire game? And they don't even have to pick it up - even an enemy walking near the flag counts as them picking it up? *facepalm*

343 is joining the long standing Halo developer tradition of making decisions without actually playing the game.
bobs...onGaf
Member
(02-17-2012, 07:28 PM)
bobs...onGaf's Avatar

Originally Posted by FyreWulff

People are going to be clamoring for Halo 4 1.1 after the game's been out for a month. It's just part of the cycle.

Yep agreed, but thats only because nothings perfect. Halo 4 is never going to be a perfect 10 out of 10. No game is, but I want 343 to focus on making it as good as possible so that the stuff that people hate is merely annoying rather than game breaking/ fun killing. I wouldn't mind a Halo Reach update but at this stage I would choose for Halo 4 to get the resources. Basically while no game can be perfect I hope no future Halo games hit the lows that Reach has hit.
Last edited by bobs...onGaf; 02-17-2012 at 07:32 PM.
The Real Napsta
Junior Member
(02-17-2012, 07:30 PM)
The Real Napsta's Avatar

Originally Posted by Overdoz1z

Still funny considering the fact that Asylum has framedrops even on a single screen. If I ever submit my I'll just point out that my version uses less objects and budget than Asylum and you can't see as much of the map at one point like on Asylum. I also use less objects with glass in them and no lights whatsoever. If my version's framerate isn't good enough than Asylum should be remove too.

Link?
Plywood
NeoGAF's smiling token!
(02-17-2012, 07:31 PM)
Plywood's Avatar
Open beta guys ;)

I hope/wish.
Overdoziz
Member
(02-17-2012, 07:35 PM)
Overdoziz's Avatar

Originally Posted by The Real Napsta

Link?

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/Fi...ayer=Overdoz1z

It's now called Refuge because that Overkill bastard took Sanctum.
squidhands
My preferred nomenclature
is Hobo-American
(02-17-2012, 07:36 PM)
squidhands's Avatar

Originally Posted by Steelyuhas

Kind of ironic that Asylum is the the only Sanc out there that supports 4-way split, yet its so poorly forged that it has fat frame rate drops on full screen.

If you deleted every object and just stood in The Quarry with a scoped weapon, there would still be framerate drops. It's probably one of the reasons why the MLG version isn't in that area.
Havok
Member
(02-17-2012, 07:42 PM)
Havok's Avatar

Originally Posted by squidhands

If you deleted every object and just stood in The Quarry with a scoped weapon, there would still be framerate drops. It's probably one of the reasons why the MLG version isn't in that area.


"There are lot of people telling us 'No, you can not ship this as one big map.'"

shameless repost from three months ago
Ramirez
Official EA Apologist
(02-17-2012, 07:48 PM)
Ramirez's Avatar

Originally Posted by Havok


"There are lot of people telling us 'No, you can not ship this as one big map.'"

shameless repost from three months ago

LOL

Forge World being one map was so pointless. You could have broke it down into about 5 separate maps, and gave each of them their own visual style.
Tawpgun
Member
(02-17-2012, 07:55 PM)
Tawpgun's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ramirez

LOL

Forge World being one map was so pointless. You could have broke it down into about 5 separate maps, and gave each of them their own visual style.

Nope.

I love that Forge World is so big. Customs possibilities and dem racetracks.

What they should have done is created Forge World as is, AND each individual space.

PS you know Vanilla is bad when me and others vote for AR starts on TU over Vanilla Slayer DMRS
Last edited by Tawpgun; 02-17-2012 at 07:57 PM.
Brolic Gaoler
formerly Alienshogun
(02-17-2012, 07:55 PM)
Brolic Gaoler's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tashi0106

Now put your hands up for MLG!

Dude, after watching a few guys like Ninja rage the entire game, I think I'll stick to your channel.

That dude is a q-tip shaped nerdgina.
squidhands
My preferred nomenclature
is Hobo-American
(02-17-2012, 07:56 PM)
squidhands's Avatar

Originally Posted by Havok

[img]http://gifsoup.com/view4/3123728/carneyno-o.gif[img]
"There are lot of people telling us 'No, you can not ship this as one big map.'"

shameless repost from three months ago

I certainly hope those people are listened to next time. :-\
Demoncarnotaur
Member
(02-17-2012, 07:59 PM)
Demoncarnotaur's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ramirez

LOL

Forge World being one map was so pointless. You could have broke it down into about 5 separate maps, and gave each of them their own visual style.

Forgeworld being so large has its upsides, just unfortunately nothing really takes advantage of this to make unique maps and game modes. It is too bad they didn't allow for it to have multiple visual styles though.
Overdoziz
Member
(02-17-2012, 08:01 PM)
Overdoziz's Avatar

Originally Posted by A27 Tawpgun

PS you know Vanilla is bad when me and others vote for AR starts on TU over Vanilla Slayer DMRS

Can't wait till the voting thing is over so I can start playing in good playlists again. The playlist has so many shitty forge maps and so much AR starts. It would be hilarious if it become TU, though.
Zeouterlimits
Member
(02-17-2012, 08:06 PM)
Zeouterlimits's Avatar

Originally Posted by A27 Tawpgun

Nope.

I love that Forge World is so big. Customs possibilities and dem racetracks.

The idea was nice, but the customs possibilities & racetracks are such a small amount of the entire game, I can't say it worked out.
At the very least it needed to be held up by a better set of on disk maps.

Reach feels like a lot of good intentions (apart from 3x zoom on the DMR) that never worked out.
Tashi
343i Community Coordinator
(02-17-2012, 08:15 PM)
Tashi's Avatar

Originally Posted by Alienshogun

Dude, after watching a few guys like Ninja rage the entire game, I think I'll stick to your channel.

That dude is a q-tip shaped nerdgina.

Well we were talking gametypes. And regardless of where Ninja falls on the douchey scale, he is exciting to watch because of his raw skill and the crazy shit he attempts.
ncsuDuncan
Member
(02-17-2012, 08:18 PM)
ncsuDuncan's Avatar
Only did the first verse, but the punchline is better that way.
-------
Play this.
Sing this:
-------
All around me are familiar bases
Worn out places, remade spaces
And the maps made for the rocket races
Going nowhere, going nowhere

Bungie says "Don't make us kick your asses"
See you starside, see you starside
Hide my head from every DMR foe
On this Halo, on this Halo

And I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad
The maps in Anniversary are the best Reach ever had
I find it hard to kill you in every map remake
When people run in circles it's a very, very
Forge World
Tawpgun
Member
(02-17-2012, 08:21 PM)
Tawpgun's Avatar

Originally Posted by ncsuDuncan

Only did the first verse, but the punchline is better that way.
-------
Play this.
Sing this:
-------
All around me are familiar bases
Worn out places, remade spaces
And the maps made for the rocket races
Going nowhere, going nowhere

Bungie says "Don't make us kick your asses"
See you starside, see you starside
Hide my head from every DMR foe
On this Halo, on this Halo

And I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad
The maps in Anniversary are the best Reach ever had
I find it hard to kill you in every map remake
When people run in circles it's a very, very
Forge World

therockclap.gif
Steelyuhas
Member
(02-17-2012, 08:21 PM)
Steelyuhas's Avatar

Originally Posted by squidhands

I've really grown to detest the 4-way splitscreen hoop that forgers have to jump through to get their maps included into MM. It's virtually impossible to test that at home; even three other dummy controllers won't really give you the right feedback. I hope to hell that 4 player split dies a horrible death for Halo 4's mulitplayer (rent/bring your own damn monitors for LAN parties). Or maybe, I don't know, give us some sort of map editor that isn't one step forward and three steps back.

Hopefully H4 forge has some kind of performance test tool.

Originally Posted by Overdoz1z

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/Fi...ayer=Overdoz1z

It's now called Refuge because that Overkill bastard took Sanctum.

Queued. I'll get on in a bit and look at it.

Originally Posted by ncsuDuncan

Only did the first verse, but the punchline is better that way.
-------
Play this.
Sing this:
-------
All around me are familiar bases
Worn out places, remade spaces
And the maps made for the rocket races
Going nowhere, going nowhere

Bungie says "Don't make us kick your asses"
See you starside, see you starside
Hide my head from every DMR foe
On this Halo, on this Halo

And I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad
The maps in Anniversary are the best Reach ever had
I find it hard to kill you in every map remake
When people run in circles it's a very, very
Forge World

You clearly have far too much time on your hands.

That's so awesome.
Last edited by Steelyuhas; 02-17-2012 at 08:26 PM.
bobs...onGaf
Member
(02-17-2012, 08:22 PM)
bobs...onGaf's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ramirez

LOL

Forge World being one map was so pointless. You could have broke it down into about 5 separate maps, and gave each of them their own visual style.

That would have been awesome, but forgeworld being so big opened up other possibilities. The tech is probably a bit behind but the idea was a good one. Probably needs next gen to impliment without all the problems though. I also dont think anyone has really used the space as well as it could have been used yet.

With Halo 4 though I would be quite happy going back to a sandbox style skybubble rather than a huge ass forgeworld.
Tha Robbertster
Member
(02-17-2012, 08:24 PM)
Tha Robbertster's Avatar

Originally Posted by ncsuDuncan

Only did the first verse, but the punchline is better that way.
-------
Play this.
Sing this:
-------
All around me are familiar bases
Worn out places, remade spaces
And the maps made for the rocket races
Going nowhere, going nowhere

Bungie says "Don't make us kick your asses"
See you starside, see you starside
Hide my head from every DMR foe
On this Halo, on this Halo

And I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad
The maps in Anniversary are the best Reach ever had
I find it hard to kill you in every map remake
When people run in circles it's a very, very
Forge World

That's really amazing!
Hypertrooper
Member
(02-17-2012, 08:28 PM)
Hypertrooper's Avatar

Originally Posted by ncsuDuncan

Only did the first verse, but the punchline is better that way.
-------
Play this.
Sing this:
-------
All around me are familiar bases
Worn out places, remade spaces
And the maps made for the rocket races
Going nowhere, going nowhere

Bungie says "Don't make us kick your asses"
See you starside, see you starside
Hide my head from every DMR foe
On this Halo, on this Halo

And I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad
The maps in Anniversary are the best Reach ever had
I find it hard to kill you in every map remake
When people run in circles it's a very, very
Forge World

This line doesn't fit imo. It's too long. But still amazing. You should get the "HaloGAF songwriter master" title at the Facebook group.
CyReN
Member
(02-17-2012, 08:32 PM)
CyReN's Avatar
Finally played variations of MLG Powerhouse and Beaver Creek.

Powerhouse is ok, but my god is Beaver Creek a monster, so colorful and good for Hill/TS/Flag.
Hypertrooper
Member
(02-17-2012, 08:36 PM)
Hypertrooper's Avatar

Originally Posted by CyReN

Finally played variations of MLG Powerhouse and Beaver Creek.

Powerhouse is ok, but my god is Beaver Creek a monster, so colorful and good for Hill/TS/Flag.

You aren't allowed to release the Beaver Creek variant, right?
ncsuDuncan
Member
(02-17-2012, 08:40 PM)
ncsuDuncan's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hypertrooper

This line doesn't fit imo. It's too long. But still amazing. You should get the "HaloGAF songwriter master" title at the Facebook group.

Yeah, it doesn't fit when you're sightreading it while listening to the original. If you know to start that line half a beat early though it fits just fine.

I've actually had this written for a while. I was hoping to record it, but the second verse was kind of weak and off-topic (it focused on HaloFest) - I never got around to it in time to be relevant.

That, and my singing voice is pretty terrible. I did have a good piano track recorded, I even mixed in some of Finish the Fight at the beginning and the Halo monk theme at the end. I'll see if I can post that when I get home, though it feels a little empty without the vocals/melody.
Risen
Member
(02-17-2012, 08:43 PM)
Risen's Avatar

Originally Posted by CyReN

Finally played variations of MLG Powerhouse and Beaver Creek.

Powerhouse is ok, but my god is Beaver Creek a monster, so colorful and good for Hill/TS/Flag.

Are they placing rockets in the same spot as the original version of BC?
Kuroyume
Member
(02-17-2012, 08:49 PM)
Kuroyume's Avatar
Still to this day I haven't gone into Forgeworld in Forge and gone around the island... You could fly around the entire island right? That's one of the things I recall from the reveal video. Forge would was stupid. Yeah, Halo has had some big spaces but good multiplayer maps = good bases and structures not giant spaces of nothing that you're supposed to fill with lego blocks.
Ramirez
Official EA Apologist
(02-17-2012, 08:49 PM)
Ramirez's Avatar

Originally Posted by A27 Tawpgun

Nope.

I love that Forge World is so big. Customs possibilities and dem racetracks.

What they should have done is created Forge World as is, AND each individual space.

PS you know Vanilla is bad when me and others vote for AR starts on TU over Vanilla Slayer DMRS

At first I thought you were joking, but you're serious? What custom possibilities? This is a FPS, not a race simulator, I don't want the game suffering so 100 people can enjoy racing on a mongoose.

Originally Posted by Demoncarnotaur

Forgeworld being so large has its upsides, just unfortunately nothing really takes advantage of this to make unique maps and game modes. It is too bad they didn't allow for it to have multiple visual styles though.

What upsides? Like seriously, I can't think of a single thing the size is an upside for.

Did people REALLY want to play a game where half the map is in the BG canyon and the other half is on the Paradiso Island or something? It's an 8v8 game guys.
heckfu
Banned
(02-17-2012, 08:53 PM)
heckfu's Avatar
Truly it won't justify his response or change your mind, but you should join us some day for customs, Ram.

It's a pretty good time and we all have a lot of fun.
Tashi
343i Community Coordinator
(02-17-2012, 08:55 PM)
Tashi's Avatar

Originally Posted by ncsuDuncan

Yeah, it doesn't fit when you're sightreading it while listening to the original. If you know to start that line half a beat early though it fits just fine.

I've actually had this written for a while. I was hoping to record it, but the second verse was kind of weak and off-topic (it focused on HaloFest) - I never got around to it in time to be relevant.

That, and my singing voice is pretty terrible. I did have a good piano track recorded, I even mixed in some of Finish the Fight at the beginning and the Halo monk theme at the end. I'll see if I can post that when I get home, though it feels a little empty without the vocals/melody.

Sing pussy, I did!
The Real Napsta
Junior Member
(02-17-2012, 09:06 PM)
The Real Napsta's Avatar

Originally Posted by Overdoz1z

Can't wait till the voting thing is over so I can start playing in good playlists again. The playlist has so many shitty forge maps and so much AR starts. It would be hilarious if it become TU, though.

I'm in the same boat, im only playing TS to vote for TU. I haven't played TS since squad slayer came out up until the voting started.
Ramirez
Official EA Apologist
(02-17-2012, 09:06 PM)
Ramirez's Avatar

Originally Posted by heckfu

Truly it won't justify his response or change your mind, but you should join us some day for customs, Ram.

It's a pretty good time and we all have a lot of fun.

I'm really not into friendly customs, I'm not into the game period really. I only discuss it out of my hopes for 4!

lol@you guys sabotaging a playlist you don't even intend to play in! Some where, Noobs is forwarding a XBL message.
FyreWulff
Banned
(02-17-2012, 09:09 PM)
FyreWulff's Avatar
I was going to play Team Slayer for the voting thing but then I remembered I'd have to play the most banal form of Halo. Plus there's like 11 other playlists to play it in already.

edit: smh @ microsoft

ncsuDuncan
Member
(02-17-2012, 09:10 PM)
ncsuDuncan's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tashi0106

Sing pussy, I did!

Last year at PAX East my friend and I were wandering around downtown Boston in the rain at 1am looking for food. We were starving and couldn't find anything until we stumbled across a really sweet asian-themed karaoke bar in downtown Boston. There were patrons dressed like Pokemon trainers, all singing Disney songs. They had cheap beer and $1 chicken skewers, those were a lifesaver.

Maybe I'd sing there. I'm not trying to win an MLG controller here. :P
Barrow Roll
Member
(02-17-2012, 09:14 PM)
Barrow Roll's Avatar

Originally Posted by HiredN00bs

In the TU gametype, players are far more likely to spam the trigger, because the bloom is less of a factor. At least that's been my experience. I mean, you can just hold the trigger down on the Needle Rifle, after all.

http://tiedtheleader.com/2012/01/17/...-dmr-behavior/

And if the Needle Rifle was so overpowering like you consistently claim it is I think we'd see the metagame shift closer towards more people using it. From my experience, that's not the case at all. The difference in power between the NR and DMR isn't enough to be considered a real problem or an overpowered weapon. Especially no where near power weapon status like I've heard Fyrewulff say on several occasions. Is it a bit of an oversight? Yeah. Is it really a good reason (on top of others) to condemn the TU? Not in my eyes.
Captain Blood
Member
(02-17-2012, 09:23 PM)
Captain Blood's Avatar

Originally Posted by Barrow Roll

http://tiedtheleader.com/2012/01/17/...-dmr-behavior/

And if the Needle Rifle was so overpowering like you consistently claim it is I think we'd see the metagame shift closer towards more people using it. From my experience, that's not the case at all. The difference in power between the NR and DMR isn't enough to be considered a real problem or an overpowered weapon. Especially no where near power weapon status like I've heard Fyrewulff say on several occasions. Is it a bit of an oversight? Yeah. Is it really a good reason (on top of others) to condemn the TU? Not in my eyes.

The blood feud between TTL and HaloGAF goes back to the Halo 3 glory days. I refuse to believe anything posted there.
heckfu
Banned
(02-17-2012, 09:28 PM)
heckfu's Avatar

Originally Posted by FyreWulff

I was going to play Team Slayer for the voting thing but then I remembered I'd have to play the most banal form of Halo. Plus there's like 11 other playlists to play it in already.

Banal or best? I think you minced your B words.
FyreWulff
Banned
(02-17-2012, 09:29 PM)
FyreWulff's Avatar

Originally Posted by heckfu

Banal or best? I think you minced your B words.

Nah, pretty boring. The entirety of Reach should just go TU already.
Havok
Member
(02-17-2012, 09:30 PM)
Havok's Avatar

Originally Posted by Barrow Roll

And if the Needle Rifle was so overpowering like you consistently claim it is I think we'd see the metagame shift closer towards more people using it. From my experience, that's not the case at all. The difference in power between the NR and DMR isn't enough to be considered a real problem or an overpowered weapon. Especially no where near power weapon status like I've heard Fyrewulff say on several occasions.

I agree. The claims of the Needle Rifle being some sort of ridiculous death machine and players constantly crouching to crossmap with no bloom seem completely overblown - anecdotally, I've never seen either of them happen and actually be anywhere near effective. With regard to the latter, I personally place a much greater value on constant mobility than saving a half second per kill as a sitting duck.
wwm0nkey
Member
(02-17-2012, 09:34 PM)
wwm0nkey's Avatar

Originally Posted by FyreWulff


edit: smh @ microsoft

im not seeing the problem here?

Thread Tools