• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Beats
(02-16-2012, 03:04 PM)

Originally Posted by zephervack

Every time I try to use Cheats with Skyward Sword, I get errors, in the latest build i get some DSP error and emulation stops, in build 7719 the game just freezes when a dialog box opens up.

I always end up disabling cheats in Config :(.

Any idea why?

Which cheats are you using? Some type of codes (ex. ones that start with C2) weren't supported in older Dolphin builds. I'm not sure where the DSP error could be coming from. Could you post your config settings?
jediyoshi
Banned
(02-16-2012, 03:10 PM)

Every time I try to use Cheats with Skyward Sword, I get errors, in the latest build i get some DSP error and emulation stops, in build 7719 the game just freezes when a dialog box opens up.

I always end up disabling cheats in Config :(.

Any idea why?

Again, any build newer than 3.0-355, 7719 is a much older build. You can find the archive here
http://www.dolphin-emulator.com/download.html?list=1
Tomodachi
(02-16-2012, 03:21 PM)
Why do people continue using 7719 revision to play skyward? It's not true it's the best around, I personally have no issues whatsoever with 3.0-371 (not even the latest), great performance and cheats works fine (I only use the one for black bars and the one for instant text, though).
Almost finished with the game, hasn't crashed a single time in 30+ hours. I have far more issues with proper pc games.
ACE 1991
(02-16-2012, 04:03 PM)

Originally Posted by ACE 1991

So those of you are able to run SMG2 with DSP LLE with little to no slow down, what settings/build do you use, and what kind of setup do you have?

Anyone? I know you guys are out there! =(
Foffy
(02-16-2012, 07:59 PM)
Hey guys. It seems the site that sells the Sensor Bar HD is currently closed and is restocking. Does anyone know of any particular items to get the Wii remote to be recognized by my PC?
catabarez
(02-16-2012, 08:07 PM)

Originally Posted by Foffy

Hey guys. It seems the site that sells the Sensor Bar HD is currently closed and is restocking. Does anyone know of any particular items to get the Wii remote to be recognized by my PC?

Candles :) They should also sell some wireless sensor bars at Gamestop.
Foffy
(02-16-2012, 10:00 PM)

Originally Posted by catabarez

Candles :) They should also sell some wireless sensor bars at Gamestop.

How would candles help my recognize the Wii remote, though? I can use that to make up for a damaged/missing sensor bar, but I don't know how to get the controller to be noticed by the PC.
catabarez
(02-16-2012, 10:01 PM)

How would candles help my recognize the Wii remote, though? I can use that to make up for a damaged/missing sensor bar, but I don't know how to get the controller to be noticed by the PC.

I don't understand, you connect it via bluetooth. Do you have a bluetooth adapter?
georaldc
(02-16-2012, 10:02 PM)

Noticed by your pc? The sensor bar/candles/whatever is only there to track the movement of the wiimote. You need a bluetooth adapter to pair up that wiimote with your pc first.
Foffy
(02-16-2012, 10:12 PM)

I don't understand, you connect it via bluetooth. Do you have a bluetooth adapter?

I don't think I do. Would any normal one work?
catabarez
(02-16-2012, 11:52 PM)

I don't think I do. Would any normal one work?

Yeah any adapter should work fine.
catabarez
(02-17-2012, 05:50 AM)
Any regular controller would also work fine for a lot of games.
O.DOGG
(02-17-2012, 10:43 AM)

Originally Posted by Rufus

I'll try to find them.

The Rapidshare link in the wiki is dead because it was marked as illegal. Lesson: Don't call the button pack "Wii-Xenoblade-PAL-XBox360_Buttons_Pack-v1-4.7z " when you re-up it...

If anyone here has a local copy of the latest version, re-upping it on several services would be appreciated.

edit:
Found a Mediafire link: http://www.mediafire.com/?lfekfqdfrqw2wep

If it doesn't work right away, try again.

Excellent. Thank you!
jediyoshi
Banned
(02-18-2012, 03:01 AM)
Rhythm Heaven Fever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NZ_h9XgFt8

[img]http://www.******************/gaf/dolphin/Dolphin 2012-02-09 21-14-52-43.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.******************/gaf/dolphin/Dolphin 2012-02-11 18-00-12-26.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.******************/gaf/dolphin/Dolphin 2012-02-15 02-26-14-61.jpg[/img]
Luigiv
(02-18-2012, 03:20 AM)

Originally Posted by BlackBeetleKing

FXAA+Sharpen

Looks like shit.
Mr. Wonderful
(02-18-2012, 03:53 PM)

Originally Posted by jediyoshi

Rhythm Heaven Fever

[img]http://www.******************/gaf/dolphin/Dolphin 2012-02-09 21-14-52-43.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.******************/gaf/dolphin/Dolphin 2012-02-11 18-00-12-26.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.******************/gaf/dolphin/Dolphin 2012-02-15 02-26-14-61.jpg[/img]

Bah. The video is 480p. Screens look great though. I've been shocked at how good Rhythm Heaven looks on my Wii. My only issue at all with the game is some of the low bit-depth gradients, which is a Wii problem, not a Rhythm Heaven problem.
Goli
(02-18-2012, 04:01 PM)
I've been revisiting Chibi-Robo lately on Dolphin, it works pretty much flawlessly save for a little issue with the shadows. Playing using these settings: http://cl.ly/3q0Q232m0S0R2Y1J393O & http://cl.ly/0N1b0x0c3M1D3W0L2n2P
Some screenshots:

Last edited by Goli; 02-18-2012 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Changed imgur links since they were horribly compressed.
Haunted
(02-18-2012, 04:10 PM)
I hope The Last Story will run in Dolphin and some of the cracks can figure out a good configuration for the international version. Reports I've read about the Japanese version weren't so hot.

Originally Posted by Alextended

Lol, I never noticed he has hints of facial hair before... Looks so weird.

Completely invisible in the Wii version.
jediyoshi
Banned
(02-18-2012, 10:43 PM)

Originally Posted by Mr. Wonderful

Bah. The video is 480p. Screens look great though. I've been shocked at how good Rhythm Heaven looks on my Wii. My only issue at all with the game is some of the low bit-depth gradients, which is a Wii problem, not a Rhythm Heaven problem.

LLE + Capturing + HD = My computer weeps.
Datschge
(02-18-2012, 10:56 PM)

Originally Posted by Haunted

Completely invisible in the Wii version.

Maybe it's an in-joke by the texture designers.
Thrakier
(02-19-2012, 01:49 AM)

I have never seen any other application take advantage of an Overclock more than Dolphin.

OCd my 2600k to 5.0 GHz, and it made a world of a difference for Skyward Sword, I never dip below 30fps on Rev 7719 now, I do get some weird artifacting (black flashes) though, anyone know why? Is it because of the overclock? My gpu is not OC at all.

BTW Flashes are gone when using latest dirty build, but the game does lag a bit during combat which really sucks.

Weird, you shouldn't need 5GHZ for a stable 30 in SS..
Torraz
(02-19-2012, 12:32 PM)
Is it possible to play japanese wii games on the PC via dolphin? Can I just stick the disc in my dvd-drive or do I need to go via a homebewed wii?
Durante
A Deadly Premonition hit his Dark Soul like a bolt of Lightning: "I can make their games better."
(02-19-2012, 12:35 PM)

Originally Posted by Torraz

Is it possible to play japanese wii games on the PC via dolphin? Can I just stick the disc in my dvd-drive or do I need to go via a homebewed wii?

Region is irrelevant for Dolphin. You need either a homebrewed Wii or some very specific DVD drives with custom firmware to rip the discs.
Torraz
(02-19-2012, 12:39 PM)

Originally Posted by Durante

Region is irrelevant for Dolphin. You need either a homebrewed Wii or some very specific DVD drives with custom firmware to rip the discs.

Thanks, guess I'll have to head over to the homebrew thread to see If I can do that on my wii. The last game I played (that had me update the firmware) was xenoblade I think...
Baller, PhD
Banned
(02-19-2012, 09:12 PM)
Ok this is confusing the shit out of me. Can someone please link me to the "easy" guide that will tell me how I can use Dolphin to play my Wii games? I followed the guide in the OP but now I don't know how to actually get the discs to be read. OP says to check the massive homebrew thread for how to rip games... yeah... isn't there just an easy guide somewhere telling me exactly how?

Thanks
Theonik
(02-19-2012, 10:18 PM)

Originally Posted by Baller, PhD

Ok this is confusing the shit out of me. Can someone please link me to the "easy" guide that will tell me how I can use Dolphin to play my Wii games? I followed the guide in the OP but now I don't know how to actually get the discs to be read. OP says to check the massive homebrew thread for how to rip games... yeah... isn't there just an easy guide somewhere telling me exactly how?

Thanks

For ripping your games begin by following this guide. Once you have the homebrew channel installed on your Wii use this app to rip your Gamecube/Wii games to a USB drive. To use it just copy the apps folder to your SD card or the contents of it to the existing apps folder. Then execute the app from the homebrew channel. For any other question you may ask in the Wii homebrew thread.
bhlaab
(02-19-2012, 11:52 PM)
I don't have a Wii so I bought an 8164B GDR-DVD drive to rip my Gamecube/Wii games to play through Dolphin.

A couple problems, however:
My motherboard doesn't have an IDE port so I'm using an external IDE->USB2.0 bridge. This works fairly well, but it might be the cause of my major issue, which is that most of the time whenever I put a GC/Wii disc into the drive the whole drive disappears from Windows until I take it back out.

About one out of every 100 times I can get it to work (after so much fussing about that I can never be 100% sure what it is I've done to make it suddenly work)
Baller, PhD
Banned
(02-20-2012, 01:04 AM)
Jesus, that looks complicated as fuck. "Even if you're really dumb" my ass! Anything more than downloading / double-clicking is usually not worth it for me.

Maybe I'll just stick with SD...
Rufus
(02-20-2012, 01:19 AM)
It's not really complicated, just very comprehensive. If you can read and have a modicum of patience you can make it work. Again, it seems to cover pretty much anything, which is what makes it look a lot more intimidating than it is.
Andrex
ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
(02-20-2012, 01:22 AM)

Jesus, that looks complicated as fuck. "Even if you're really dumb" my ass! Anything more than downloading / double-clicking is usually not worth it for me.

It's just following some instructions. If you use a PC you should be able to do it no sweat.
jim-jam bongs
most certainly will not be getting forcibly fucked by a gigantic canoe
(02-20-2012, 01:44 AM)
Considering that he struggled to find the instructions despite the huge red capital letters saying "CLICK THIS IMAGE FOR EASY TUTORIAL" his reluctance is probably for the best.
Theonik
(02-20-2012, 03:12 PM)

It's literally no more complicated than that. Just go to the appropriate page for your Wii version and follow the instructions on how to install the Homebrew channel and that's it. Then adding cleanrip is a simple case of downloading the file and dropping it in the SD card.
gokieks
(02-20-2012, 05:15 PM)

Originally Posted by bhlaab

I don't have a Wii so I bought an 8164B GDR-DVD drive to rip my Gamecube/Wii games to play through Dolphin.

A couple problems, however:
My motherboard doesn't have an IDE port so I'm using an external IDE->USB2.0 bridge. This works fairly well, but it might be the cause of my major issue, which is that most of the time whenever I put a GC/Wii disc into the drive the whole drive disappears from Windows until I take it back out.

About one out of every 100 times I can get it to work (after so much fussing about that I can never be 100% sure what it is I've done to make it suddenly work)

Most IDE-to-USB adapters/enclosures do not work well, if at all, with optical drives. Neither do many PCI IDE controllers. Can't speak to Wii/GCN discs, but my experience in trying to find a good USB enclosure for my trusty old PlexWriter Premium led to getting this one with a NEC chipset that is known to work pretty well for optical drives.
BlackBeetleKing
(02-21-2012, 10:19 AM)
MH3

Ledsen
(02-21-2012, 10:38 AM)
MH3 works now? I remember there being some problems with the graphics.
Tomodachi
(02-21-2012, 11:35 AM)
Guys can I ask a little question? I tried googling it but with no luck.
How can I move my dolphin save files (I'm not talking about savestates, just the regular saves in Skyward Sword) to my wii console? Is there any way at all? Any guide I can follow to do that? Do I need to install the homebrew channel to move savefiles? I'm not really familiar with my console since I've been playing with dolphin since I received my Wii as a gift, I literally turned it on like two times.
Thanks!
yodaxy
(02-21-2012, 02:42 PM)

Originally Posted by jediyoshi

Rhythm Heaven Fever

Is the gamer working fine speaking of control ? With emulation desync it can be a problem in general with rythm games.
tsab
(02-21-2012, 03:13 PM)

Originally Posted by Tomodachi

Guys can I ask a little question? I tried googling it but with no luck.
How can I move my dolphin save files (I'm not talking about savestates, just the regular saves in Skyward Sword) to my wii console? Is there any way at all? Any guide I can follow to do that? Do I need to install the homebrew channel to move savefiles? I'm not really familiar with my console since I've been playing with dolphin since I received my Wii as a gift, I literally turned it on like two times.
Thanks!

You will need:
Homebrew enabled Wii
Homebrew Channel
Waninkoko's Save Game Manager
SD Card

There is a thread in gaf on how to hack/homebrew your wii, I'd suggest you start from there
The save game transfer gets easier after that though.
Seik
(02-21-2012, 03:15 PM)

Originally Posted by Ledsen

MH3 works now? I remember there being some problems with the graphics.

I want to know too! Last time I tried it graphics were fucked up! D:

If it works well now I'm gonna rip that bitch and 2-player it with a friend. :DDD
chiablo
(02-21-2012, 04:43 PM)

Originally Posted by yodaxy

Is the gamer working fine speaking of control ? With emulation desync it can be a problem in general with rythm games.

I did well up until the Monkey Tamborine game. I couldn't even get past the training section.

I'm not sure if I suck, or if there's a delay introduced by the emulator that is killing me. I'll try it out on the Wii later and see if it's any better.
jediyoshi
Banned
(02-21-2012, 10:01 PM)

Originally Posted by tsab

You will need:
Homebrew enabled Wii
Homebrew Channel
Waninkoko's Save Game Manager
SD Card

There is a thread in gaf on how to hack/homebrew your wii, I'd suggest you start from there
The save game transfer gets easier after that though.

Granted the save files aren't locked, you'd just need an SD card, the actual transfer could be done with a stock Wii.

Originally Posted by yodaxy

Fine with emulated controls, haven't tried using a Wiimote.
Andrex
ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
(02-21-2012, 11:55 PM)
MH3

:O :O :O

Wish Dolphin could play it online. :(
VertPin
(02-22-2012, 05:32 AM)
So I successfully installed Dolphin and am running my Twilight Princess (and soon to be Skyward Sword)! The only problem is, how can I get the widescreen hack to work? I have it enabled...and Twilight Princess doesn't go into 16:9 ratio. It is the gamecube version.
(also, how do I use my wired sensor bar if I want to play Skyward Sword?)
catabarez
(02-22-2012, 05:33 AM)

Originally Posted by VertPin

So I successfully installed Dolphin and am running my Twilight Princess (and soon to be Skyward Sword)! The only problem is, how can I get the widescreen hack to work? I have it enabled...and Twilight Princess doesn't go into 16:9 ratio. It is the gamecube version.

Is your computer connected to the same TV as the Wii?
VertPin
(02-22-2012, 05:36 AM)

Is your computer connected to the same TV as the Wii?

Oh, could I just use an HDMI cord from my monitor and connect that to my TV?
catabarez
(02-22-2012, 05:41 AM)

Oh, could I just use an HDMI cord from my monitor and connect that to my TV?

Well you would have to connect the HDMI cord from your rig to your TV. If you do that you could just use the sensor bar connected to the Wii, just turn the Wii on when you wanna use the sensor bar.
jediyoshi
Banned
(02-22-2012, 05:48 AM)

In the Graphics Configuration window you want to make sure both
Aspect Ratio: Force 16:9 is set in the General tab
and Widescreen Hack is set in the Advanced tab

Widescreen hack doesn't work very well in TP. Worth just looking up a copy of the Wii version if you want widescreen.
Bjoern the Smexy
(02-22-2012, 10:01 AM)

Use two lit candles roughly 20cm apart from one another. (Be careful not to burn anything though)

Or place your sensor bar in front of your monitor and turn on your Wii.
jmdajr
(02-22-2012, 03:27 PM)
Question.

So is the Gamecube/Wii emulator easier to run since it's based on Radeon hardware?

You know, in comparison to the PS2?

Still, I heard the Xbox is hard to emulate and that's just a Pentium/Geforce hardware.
lostinblue
(02-22-2012, 03:31 PM)

Originally Posted by jmdajr

Still, I heard the Xbox is hard to emulate and that's just a Pentium/Geforce hardware.

It's not so hard to emulate it's just that the emulator development community never considered it a priority.

Most of it's library worth of notice was released on the PC and/or re-released as a HD classic elsewhere so there's little point.