• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

anddo0
(02-19-2012, 01:46 PM)
Damn.. Just did some searching on the Target website. It looks like the b2g1 deal is a bust for me. Virtua Tennis 4 (out of stock) Ninja Gaiden not listed, Blazblue not in-store until Thursday. So yeah :(
Lighthouse
(02-19-2012, 02:10 PM)
Just got off the phone with a nice Target employee. They wont be releasing Vita games until the 22nd :( No Rayman No Lumines :(

Those of you who ordered games from Lockerz:

Have you received the games yet? I ask because my order was Uncharted, VT, and 32GB.
32GB was delivered but the games are in limbo and the customer support is practically non-existent in my experience ( do they take weekends off??) .
djplaeskool
(02-19-2012, 03:10 PM)
Two separate Targets near me won't be getting larger stock of any Vita related items until next week sometime before Thursday. Only physical games I even saw in the store were Dungeon Hunters and WipEout2048.

Hope Amazon steps up to the plate.
kitch9
(02-19-2012, 03:12 PM)

Originally Posted by Combichristoffersen

I don't preorder consoles, and certainly not ones with an uncertain future.

Yes, because Sony have a history of not supporting their products.
codhand
(02-19-2012, 03:16 PM)
Traded in my PSP 3000 w/LBP, Friday for a lousy 47 bucks. :-(
Weenerz
Banned
(02-19-2012, 03:21 PM)
Target street dated all of their vita games, even with every store selling them on the 15th, what a load of shit.
semiconscious
(02-19-2012, 03:23 PM)

Originally Posted by codhand

you did it wrong - i traded in 10 games 3 days ago (gamestop) & got my vita for $12. it's all about which games...
dili
(02-19-2012, 04:50 PM)
Does the B2G1 free deal at target work online too?
Agent X
(02-19-2012, 04:51 PM)
If I can't get Lumines or Rayman from Target, then I might go for these deals from Toys "R" Us instead:

Originally Posted by Marty Chinn

Toys R Us (starts Sunday, 2/19, ends Saturday 2/25)

$39.99 - Uncharted
Free $20 giftcard with any game and/or accessory purchase of $50. (Limit one per transaction, $20 giftcard activates 6 hours later, must use by 3/31/12)

I'll probably get Uncharted and an accessory, then return later in the week with the gift card to get another game or accessory.
Class_A_Ninja
(02-19-2012, 04:55 PM)

Originally Posted by Marty Chinn

Only difference you could have done is either get the official case and Lumines at Toys R Us, or hoped that Lumines is at Target and got Hot Shots Golf and Wipeout with the B2G1. Target would have saved you $12.20 ($16.44 if you have a Target card), and Toys R Us would have saved you $14.60.

Thanks! I was coming out with similar figures and thought it couldn't be true because there is seems there is a lot to gain through these deals. Tax really takes a bite out of the savings, and 10 bucks off WipEout and Hsg was actually a pretty decent savings already.

What I need is a buy two get 1 on Amazon after launch when street fighter X Tekken comes out.
Ken Masters
Banned
(02-19-2012, 04:58 PM)
why aren't there deals on memory cards, I really want the 32gb card but I know that there will be deals on that $99 price point soon, but what the hell can I do with a Vita with no memory card?
Venfayth
(02-19-2012, 05:03 PM)
So is Target selling the Vita already? It doesn't say preorder on their site. Then again, their site is pretty garbage haha
Last edited by Venfayth; 02-19-2012 at 05:09 PM.
Square Triangle
Kratos can kill Zeus
but not Pam Anderson?
(02-19-2012, 05:04 PM)
The douchbag kid at the Target counter repeated "Wednesday" to me three times as I explained to him most games are out.

Now I'll just wait for Amazon to do a sale.
kitchenmotors
(02-19-2012, 05:07 PM)
Went to Target this morning and they only had Ninja Gaiden out on the floor. I asked about the Vita games and a manager went in back, had to check the release dates first, then brought out all their stock of Vita games. Everything was dated for the 15th and he had no idea.

I bought Uncharted, Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Lumines. Lumines is being carried in stores, it seems. The system wasn't doing the sale yet, but customer service gave me the deal, and actually gave me Uncharted as me free game!

Just browsing CAG, seems that a lot of Targets are saying the sale doesn't start until the 22nd, so either I lucked out or they're just reading the ad wrong. The games are dated for the 15th, so there's no reason to not have them out on the floor.
Last edited by kitchenmotors; 02-19-2012 at 05:10 PM.
undecided
(02-19-2012, 05:10 PM)
I think I am going to pick up Uncharted at TRU and then just go to Target on Wednesday to try and get VT4, FIFA, and UMvC3.

The FEB launch idea sure has every store confused.
Bog
Junior Ace
(02-19-2012, 05:11 PM)

Originally Posted by Duxxy3

Still too damn much.

Not if you have it to spend.
Noshino
(02-19-2012, 05:16 PM)

Originally Posted by kitchenmotors

Went to Target this morning and they only had Ninja Gaiden out on the floor. I asked about the Vita games and a manager went in back, had to check the release dates first, then brought out all their stock of Vita games. Everything was dated for the 15th and he had no idea.

I bought Uncharted, Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Lumines. Lumines is being carried in stores, it seems. The system wasn't doing the sale yet, but customer service gave me the deal, and actually gave me Uncharted as me free game!

Just browsing CAG, seems that a lot of Targets are saying the sale doesn't start until the 22nd, so either I lucked out or they're just reading the ad wrong. The games are dated for the 15th, so there's no reason to not have them out on the floor.

wait wait what

Is this the Target in Gurnee?
kitchenmotors
(02-19-2012, 05:17 PM)

Originally Posted by Noshino

wait wait what

Is this the Target in Gurnee?

Oh, no. I'm out of town until Monday night. Sorry to get your hopes up. Is the Target in Gurnee not selling them yet?
Noshino
(02-19-2012, 05:19 PM)

Originally Posted by kitchenmotors

Oh, no. I'm out of town until Monday night. Sorry to get your hopes up. Is the Target in Gurnee not selling them yet?

:C

Haven't gone yet, was planning to go there anyway later today
MikeE21286
(02-19-2012, 05:20 PM)
Heres an annoying thing I just found out.

If you read a message sent to you on PSN through your vita, the message is not marked as read once you log into PSN on your ps3.

I sent and received like 10 messages on my vita, and they were all recognized as new unread messages in my in inbox when I just turned on my ps3. Had to open them all again on my ps3 for them to be recognized as "read"
dark10x
60 fps 60 fps 60 fps 60 fps 30 fps 60 fps 60 fps 30 fps
(02-19-2012, 05:22 PM)
Tried to pick up games at Target and the guy swore up and down that the system is not available and they aren't selling games until Wednesday. :\
so1337
(02-19-2012, 05:26 PM)

What's Gamestop's policy on console trade ins? Am I fucked if I don't have my 3DS' packaging anymore?
MrMephistoX
(02-19-2012, 05:44 PM)
For all of you complaining about inconsistency at Target bring the ad into Best Buy customer service: they will price match in most cases.
outunderthestars
He's not our sharpest knife.
(02-19-2012, 05:45 PM)

Damn. I would sold it GAF. You'd have gotten a much better price.
Weenerz
Banned
(02-19-2012, 05:49 PM)

Originally Posted by MrMephistoX

For all of you complaining about inconsistency at Target bring the ad into Best Buy customer service: they will price match in most cases.

Have you tried this?
Wario64
works for Gamestop (lol)
(02-19-2012, 05:53 PM)

1. Total ymmv

2. Best Buy is shit (as in crap, sucks, terrible)
I have trouble having them match their own prices, let alone match other stores
Square Triangle
Kratos can kill Zeus
but not Pam Anderson?
(02-19-2012, 06:10 PM)

Lol Best Buy does not match any B2G1F sales and if they do its conpletely based on how dumb the Best Buy manager is
demigod
(02-19-2012, 06:26 PM)
Oh man, that Lockerz deal is good, do they tax? How fast do they ship stuff out? Might have to cancel my Amazon order if they're fast and don't tax me.
InfectedZero
(02-19-2012, 06:29 PM)

Originally Posted by Lighthouse

Just got off the phone with a nice Target employee. They wont be releasing Vita games until the 22nd :( No Rayman No Lumines :(

Those of you who ordered games from Lockerz:

Have you received the games yet? I ask because my order was Uncharted, VT, and 32GB.
32GB was delivered but the games are in limbo and the customer support is practically non-existent in my experience ( do they take weekends off??) .

Yeah I'm still waiting for my Katamari to ship. Another gaffer in the main vita thread posted a pic of his uncharted he got. Hoping they ship it tomorrow.
TheExecutive
(02-19-2012, 06:31 PM)
So I keep hearing about this $75 for a psp at BB but from no one that has done it. Confirmed or pre launch fluff?
MikeE21286
(02-19-2012, 06:42 PM)

Originally Posted by Square Triangle

Lol Best Buy does not match any B2G1F sales and if they do its conpletely based on how dumb the Best Buy manager is

I'd say you're normally right, but...

Best Buy price match successful.

Got Uncharted, Lumines, and UMvC3 for $75 after using a $20 reward zone certificate.

They are not carrying Rayman in stores.

This was also from a manager in the media area who I know has been there for at least 5 years since I used to work at best buy. Maybe a new leaf/edict from the corporate ladder above to be more customer service friendly since BB is struggling big time lately.
Zaphod
(02-19-2012, 06:53 PM)

Originally Posted by TheExecutive

So I keep hearing about this $75 for a psp at BB but from no one that has done it. Confirmed or pre launch fluff?

Their website says $32 but I am heading down to see what they will give me.

3ds value is $100 for comparison.
Alligatorjandro
MONEY UP, BITCH
(02-19-2012, 06:56 PM)
I think I'll just keep Rayman as my only retail game for now.
TheExecutive
(02-19-2012, 07:02 PM)

Originally Posted by Zaphod

Their website says $32 but I am heading down to see what they will give me.

3ds value is $100 for comparison.

Let us know!
Marty Chinn
(02-19-2012, 07:17 PM)
Virtua Tennis doesn't seem to be anywhere at Target. Are they just not getting stock yet? Anyone have any luck finding it?
GoofsterStud
(02-19-2012, 07:19 PM)
I generally don't buy handhelds until the first major revision has been made.

That is why I didn't preorder the Vita.
Steve McQueen
(02-19-2012, 07:22 PM)

I wanted to trade in my mint silver PSP3004, logitech case, 4 GB card and with 15 AAA games. They only would offer me 70 euro/ 92 $ at Gamemania ( Netherlands ). I was like 'WTF?'

I'd rather put it in the microwave. Those guys are fubar. I'll just keep it, for my kids then.
codhand
(02-19-2012, 07:24 PM)

Am I fucked if I don't have my 3DS' packaging anymore?

Nope. Just your wallet will be.
Zaphod
(02-19-2012, 07:29 PM)

Originally Posted by TheExecutive

Let us know!

The store said $35 as well. I had a feeling $75 was too good to be true.
Koroviev
(02-19-2012, 07:32 PM)

$35 is hardly even a Vita game /:
BronsonLee
(02-19-2012, 07:33 PM)
Man, this Target thread is such a bust. Even with the DPCI and it showing the stock in the store online + the ad, no go on pretty much every Target. Not very organized.
DIrtyWeasel
(02-19-2012, 07:39 PM)

Originally Posted by InfectedZero

Yeah I'm still waiting for my Katamari to ship. Another gaffer in the main vita thread posted a pic of his uncharted he got. Hoping they ship it tomorrow.

Don't count on tomorrow, it's President's Day. I also don't think Katamari is offically released yet either. Amazon and Lockerz both list it as a 02/21/11 release.
Last edited by DIrtyWeasel; 02-19-2012 at 07:42 PM.
TheExecutive
(02-19-2012, 07:52 PM)

Rather drop it in the lake than help them turn a profit @ $35.

Thanks for following up.
Weenerz
Banned
(02-19-2012, 08:03 PM)
So, I headed over to best buy to see if they price match target, they did, I was in and out within 5 minutes. Top notch service right there. Even had the games I wanted. I'm up to 8 now. Believe I'm finished till Motorstorm RC and Mortal Kombat.
Barrett2
(02-19-2012, 08:05 PM)
I live right next to the Sony store, bummer their deal is so crappy. Looks like Game Stop is my best bet.
Marty Chinn
(02-19-2012, 08:06 PM)

Originally Posted by Weenerz

So, I headed over to best buy to see if they price match target, they did, I was in and out within 5 minutes. Top notch service right there. Even had the games I wanted. I'm up to 8 now. Believe I'm finished till Motorstorm RC and Mortal Kombat.

I'm torn on this. I could try with them and be done with it or I can save 5% more if I go with Target....
Flunkie
(02-19-2012, 08:08 PM)
Going to go try my luck today at Target. If not, I'll probably preorder there with the 15% employee discount my friend gets. Probably better than any deal out there right now.
TurtleSnatcher
(02-19-2012, 08:10 PM)
Saw this on Twitter. Sorry if it's been posted. Not getting a Vita yet I think but wanted to share.

GameStop B2G1F on Sony Vita titles
http://ht.ly/98DVd
InfectedZero
(02-19-2012, 08:12 PM)

Originally Posted by DIrtyWeasel

Don't count on tomorrow, it's President's Day. I also don't think Katamari is offically released yet either. Amazon and Lockerz both list it as a 02/21/11 release.

Oh yeah! All is well, I have Wipeout already and Lumines in the mail. So as long as it gets here eventually haha.
Kambing
(02-19-2012, 08:14 PM)

Originally Posted by Weenerz

What do you tell them regarding the target ad? I dont have the actual ad but have a picture of it on my iphone, think that will suffice? Kind of nervous about this lol.