• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

bgassassin
Member
(02-19-2012, 10:26 PM)
bgassassin's Avatar

Originally Posted by -Pyromaniac-

3rd is the one with the treasure chest mofos.

You're slacking. I'm starting to pull away.
Shin Johnpv
Ninty Ninty Ninty
Ninty Ninty Ninty
(02-19-2012, 10:27 PM)
Shin Johnpv's Avatar
I'm like 63rd. I do a lot more reading than I do posting. Though I bet I was ranked higher in the previous thread. This one has been a lot more game speculating, which I'm just not as into (in regards to speculating about).
-Pyromaniac-
(02-19-2012, 10:29 PM)
-Pyromaniac-'s Avatar

Originally Posted by bgassassin

You're slacking. I'm starting to pull away.

I could easily start the "controller is missing obvious features" shit storm again and pull ahead. I've done it in both threads so far, lol. I did it once or twice in OT1, and I did it near the beginning of this OT. That debate always adds at least 50-100 on me.
AceBandage
Banned
(02-19-2012, 10:32 PM)
AceBandage's Avatar
First thread for comparison:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/misc.php...osted&t=434824

Gat dayum.
Übermatik
Member
(02-19-2012, 10:32 PM)
Übermatik's Avatar
"Ubermatik just received a message from Navi: Hey, Listen!" Facebook notifications are inevitable...

And jesus, Ace, you've got like triple the amount of posts than any of us D:

^ EDIT sheesh, BP went mental didn't he... Oh, and [Nintex] is still banned, right?
AceBandage
Banned
(02-19-2012, 10:33 PM)
AceBandage's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ubermatik

"Ubermatik just received a message from Navi: Hey, Listen!" Facebook notifications are inevitable...

And jesus, Ace, you've got like triple the amount of posts than any of us D:

New hardware is always my favorite part of a generation.
I love it so.
herzogzwei1989
Banned
(02-19-2012, 10:34 PM)

Originally Posted by Rösti

For reference:

I'm glad GDC is only like 2 weeks away
IceDoesntHelp
Member
(02-19-2012, 10:35 PM)
IceDoesntHelp's Avatar

Originally Posted by AceBandage

First thread for comparison:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/misc.php...osted&t=434824

Gat dayum.

Holy crap...BurntPork.
guek
Member
(02-19-2012, 10:36 PM)
guek's Avatar

Originally Posted by AceBandage

First thread for comparison:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/misc.php...osted&t=434824

Gat dayum.


WAT 4th?

Ah, I guess that makes sense. BP really ran a train on that thread.
-Pyromaniac-
(02-19-2012, 10:36 PM)
-Pyromaniac-'s Avatar
I'm pretty excited/interested to see how the inclusion of flash memory speeds up things like opening up the OS while playing a game and whatnot. It should all be pretty fast and smooth if it's optimized as well as something like IOS.
AceBandage
Banned
(02-19-2012, 10:37 PM)
AceBandage's Avatar

Originally Posted by -Pyromaniac-

I'm pretty excited/interested to see how the inclusion of flash memory speeds up things like opening up the OS while playing a game and whatnot. It should all be pretty fast and smooth if it's optimized as well as something like IOS.

They did an amazing job on the 3DS.
Press the Home button and BAM, you're on the Home Screen.
Takes like a second to load up the FL or Notes, as well.
bgassassin
Member
(02-19-2012, 10:39 PM)
bgassassin's Avatar

Originally Posted by IceDoesntHelp

Holy crap...BurntPork.

He was saved by Ace getting a couple of bans. :P

And since we're looking back. Lets go back to the Project Cafe thread.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/misc.php...osted&t=429803
TheCongressman1
Member
(02-19-2012, 10:40 PM)
TheCongressman1's Avatar

Originally Posted by AceBandage

They did an amazing job on the 3DS.
Press the Home button and BAM, you're on the Home Screen.
Takes like a second to load up the FL or Notes, as well.

Mine is definitely not that fast. What gives?
AceBandage
Banned
(02-19-2012, 10:40 PM)
AceBandage's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheCongressman1

Mine is definitely not that fast. What gives?

Have you shut down your 3DS lately?
It helps flush the memory.
-Pyromaniac-
(02-19-2012, 10:41 PM)
-Pyromaniac-'s Avatar

Originally Posted by AceBandage

They did an amazing job on the 3DS.
Press the Home button and BAM, you're on the Home Screen.
Takes like a second to load up the FL or Notes, as well.

Yeah. Should be better since the game can continue on the top screen while the OS only shows on the controller when you press the home button. Would be sick for responding to messages and whatnot real quick.

About the 3DS though, I hope they do a better job with the UI. In fact I kinda don't like all of nintendos UI's for the most part. They aren't bad to me but they are slightly off for some reason. I feel like things aren't as user friendly and intuitive as they can be. But on e again maybe I'm just spoiled by iOS.
HylianTom
would totally do this old lady if his wife were guaranteed not to find out.
(02-19-2012, 10:41 PM)
HylianTom's Avatar
I'll never be in that upper tier. Middle of the pack seems about right. I'd get myself into trouble for going too far with my usual honesty schtick if I posted tons. That, and I always try to mop-up any games I've been meaning to play in that last year of a console generation.. so that's going to limit my time on here.

I've taken off from work for the week of E3, so I'll be here lots then. And when GameStop announces a pre-order date, I'll be off of work again, lingering on here - live from the waiting line via iPad. For the final month or two before Launch Day, I'll be too antsy to play games that are too deep, so I'll be on here plenty then too.

God, I love new console years.. this is like a twice-a-decade Christmas/MardiGras/SuperBowl combo of gaming.
Sadist
Member
(02-19-2012, 10:41 PM)
Sadist's Avatar
Cool beans, I'm allready doing better in this thread than the original. But that's mostly because I can't stand the hype for a new Nintendo console :(
TheCongressman1
Member
(02-19-2012, 10:42 PM)
TheCongressman1's Avatar

Originally Posted by AceBandage

Have you shut down your 3DS lately?
It helps flush the memory.

Yeah, and I rarely ever keep it on sleep mode.
AceBandage
Banned
(02-19-2012, 10:43 PM)
AceBandage's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheCongressman1

Yeah, and I rarely ever keep it on sleep mode.

Then I dunno.
It's all pretty instant for me.
-Pyromaniac-
(02-19-2012, 10:44 PM)
-Pyromaniac-'s Avatar

Originally Posted by AceBandage

Then I dunno.
It's all pretty instant for me.

You probably both have different opinions of instant.
AceBandage
Banned
(02-19-2012, 10:46 PM)
AceBandage's Avatar

Originally Posted by -Pyromaniac-

You probably both have different opinions of instant.

Takes less than a second from when I press the Home Button until I can do something.
I dunno, that's instant to me.
Anth0ny
Member
(02-19-2012, 10:46 PM)
Anth0ny's Avatar

Originally Posted by AceBandage

First thread for comparison:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/misc.php...osted&t=434824

Gat dayum.

BurntPork went HAM.

I already have 20 more posts in this thread than I did in the original thread. Hype is hitting critical levels.
HylianTom
would totally do this old lady if his wife were guaranteed not to find out.
(02-19-2012, 10:47 PM)
HylianTom's Avatar

Originally Posted by Anth0ny

I already have 20 more posts in this thread than I did in the original thread. Hype is hitting critical levels.

ha! It's only February! Imagine yourself in September, two weeks before launch! :)
AceBandage
Banned
(02-19-2012, 10:49 PM)
AceBandage's Avatar

Originally Posted by HylianTom

ha! It's only February! Imagine yourself in September, two weeks before launch! :)

We'll at least have things to talk about then.
The fact that we've gone this far on what we know is amazing.
guek
Member
(02-19-2012, 10:50 PM)
guek's Avatar

Originally Posted by AceBandage

We'll at least have things to talk about then.
The fact that we've gone this far on what we know is amazing.

There's a fine line between amazing and pathetic ;-)
-Pyromaniac-
(02-19-2012, 10:51 PM)
-Pyromaniac-'s Avatar
I just want you guys to know, the last few posts I made in this thread before this one, were all from the bathroom.
bgassassin
Member
(02-19-2012, 10:51 PM)
bgassassin's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sadist

Cool beans, I'm allready doing better in this thread than the original. But that's mostly because I can't stand the hype for a new Nintendo console :(

You had more posts in the Cafe thread than the first Wii U thread.
AceBandage
Banned
(02-19-2012, 10:51 PM)
AceBandage's Avatar

Originally Posted by guek

There's a fine line between amazing and pathetic ;-)


Right... but we'll go with amazing to save our selves the embarrassment of admitting we have no lives.
:P
Rösti
Member
(02-19-2012, 10:52 PM)
Rösti's Avatar

Originally Posted by HylianTom

I've taken off from work for the week of E3, so I'll be here lots then. And when GameStop announces a pre-order date, I'll be off of work again, lingering on here - live from the waiting line via iPad. For the final month or two before Launch Day, I'll be too antsy to play games that are too deep, so I'll be on here plenty then too.

I intended to attend E3 in 2011 but at the last minute the money was drained as some stringent expenses arose, and I didn't even make it to the airport. This year I haven't got money and as it looks like now I don't even know if I will have a job after March 31st seeing as the lessor is evicting my employer because they got annoyed at us trying to negotiate a better letting form. I've been offered to take over, but there are no for us feasible shop premises available. But I'll try to make the best of it.

And I also get that uncanny feeling of excitement and anxiety when E3's just around the corner. Nintendo's media briefing at E3 2006 was awesome with Excite Truck, Super Mario Galaxy, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and more. I wonder how Nintendo is going to top that this year.
shnord
Junior Member
(02-19-2012, 10:53 PM)
shnord's Avatar
Wow, I'm not as far down as I thought I'd be. Doesn't feel like I've posted as much as it says.

Originally Posted by HylianTom

Nah. I got a black-and-gold one (Saints colors) with the ultra-bright screen and longer battery life (there's a guy who takes custom orders on eBay, combining any two colors you want in any configuration.. top/bottom, inside/outside) My old GBA-SP was in really rough shape, and I didn't want it to crap-out on me in the future, leaving me without a Tingle Tuner.

I was tempted to get a green one..

Sexy.

Originally Posted by Log4Girlz

Would be cool if you go into FPS mode (like to look around a room), the view would be in the second screen and you just move it around your room to look around the dungeon :D

I want this in as many games as possible.

I think I mentioned earlier in the thread that with a new Metroid game in particular, the TV view could be third person while you look through Samus' eyes on the subscreen. It would be cool to see Samus aiming/looking around on the TV when you move the controller. If you see an enemy behind Samus on the TV, you turn her around with the circle pad to face it, and then fine-tune your aiming with the gyro/subscreen. Touch things on the screen to scan them. etc.
Anth0ny
Member
(02-19-2012, 10:53 PM)
Anth0ny's Avatar

Originally Posted by HylianTom

ha! It's only February! Imagine yourself in September, two weeks before launch! :)

Forget launch, I'm expecting at least 100 posts during E3 week.

50 of which will consist of nondescript gibberish hype posts like "OMGRETROZELDAOFDDOSGJDFSKJNLKLJK23NLJ4FNP9NN4V"
ClovingWestbrook
Banned
(02-19-2012, 10:53 PM)
ClovingWestbrook's Avatar
Know whats interesting to me? The designs of both console and handheld dont seem to change that much. The PS3 resembles te PS2. The Wii U resembles the Wii. The 3DS resembles the DS. The Vita resembles the PSP. Sure, the 360 and Wii aremuch different then their predecessors but they seem to be exceptions more than the rule. I hope Micro, Sony really push the limits and revamp for next gen.
AceBandage
Banned
(02-19-2012, 10:54 PM)
AceBandage's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rösti

I intended to attend E3 in 2011 but at the last minute the money was drained as some stringent expenses arose, and I didn't even make it to the airport. This year I haven't got money and as it looks like now I don't even know if I will have a job after March 31st seeing as the lessor is evicting my employer because they got annoyed at us trying to negotiate a better letting form. I've been offered to take over, but there are no for us feasible shop premises available. But I'll try to make the best of it.

And I also get that uncanny feeling of excitement and anxiety when E3's just around the corner. Nintendo's media briefing at E3 2006 was awesome with Excite Truck, Super Mario Galaxy, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and more. I wonder how Nintendo is going to top that this year.

Damn man.
D:
That sucks, hope you can get a new job soon.
Shin Johnpv
Ninty Ninty Ninty
Ninty Ninty Ninty
(02-19-2012, 10:54 PM)
Shin Johnpv's Avatar

Originally Posted by AceBandage

First thread for comparison:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/misc.php...osted&t=434824

Gat dayum.

Yeah see I was like 30 places higher in that thread. I had more to say then.
IceDoesntHelp
Member
(02-19-2012, 10:56 PM)
IceDoesntHelp's Avatar

Originally Posted by Anth0ny

Forget launch, I'm expecting at least 100 posts during E3 week.

50 of which will consist of nondescript gibberish hype posts like "OMGRETROZELDAOFDDOSGJDFSKJNLKLJK23NLJ4FNP9NN4V"

Only 100?
guek
Member
(02-19-2012, 10:59 PM)
guek's Avatar

Originally Posted by ClovingSteam

Know whats interesting to me? The designs of both console and handheld dont seem to change that much. The PS3 resembles te PS2. The Wii U resembles the Wii. The 3DS resembles the DS. The Vita resembles the PSP. Sure, the 360 and Wii aremuch different then their predecessors but they seem to be exceptions more than the rule. I hope Micro, Sony really push the limits and revamp for next gen.

I'd rather they changed the look of the console before they changed the Wii U name.
Fou-Lu
Member
(02-19-2012, 11:01 PM)
Fou-Lu's Avatar

Originally Posted by guek

I'd rather they changed the look of the console before they changed the Wii U name.

The console from E3 always looked like a placeholder they put together quickly to me.
AceBandage
Banned
(02-19-2012, 11:02 PM)
AceBandage's Avatar
Was the console they showed at E3 even functional?
royalan
Banned
(02-19-2012, 11:02 PM)
royalan's Avatar
Wow, I'm 6th? That's an awful lot for a thread that still confuses me half the time. And I pretty much zone all the way out when the discussion becomes tech-dominant...
Rösti
Member
(02-19-2012, 11:03 PM)
Rösti's Avatar

Originally Posted by Anth0ny

Forget launch, I'm expecting at least 100 posts during E3 week.

50 of which will consist of nondescript gibberish hype posts like "OMGRETROZELDAOFDDOSGJDFSKJNLKLJK23NLJ4FNP9NN4V"

You had 24 posts in the E3 2011 Nintendo Press Conference Thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=432783

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/misc.php...osted&t=432783

That's a nice thread, but I've been wondering if there usually around E3 is some kind of compilation thread where dates for all press conferences, exhibitor lists and more are posted.

Thanks by the way, AceBandage. I'm sure it will turn out alright.
Eggplant Wizard
Member
(02-19-2012, 11:03 PM)
Eggplant Wizard's Avatar
So if we get news during GDC, when should we expect it? I have an organic test that Monday and don't want to get too distracted by news and hype. :(
AceBandage
Banned
(02-19-2012, 11:04 PM)
AceBandage's Avatar

Originally Posted by Eggplant Wizard

So if we get news during GDC, when should we expect it? I have an organic test that Monday and don't want to get too distracted by news and hype. :(

Not until late on Monday, I'm sure.
If at all, that is.
Boerseun
Banned
(02-19-2012, 11:05 PM)

Originally Posted by bgassassin

He was saved by Ace getting a couple of bans. :P

And since we're looking back. Lets go back to the Project Cafe thread.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/misc.php...osted&t=429803

I am hardly one of this forum's most prolific posters but I do read a lot of what gets posted, and I must say I was glad to see the back of BurntPork. That had to be another regular's alternate account, as I don't see how anyone could post that much nonsense and expect to get away with it.

By the way, I would love to see an Operation Flashpoint game on Wii U. I only just yesterday picked up Dragon Rising on PC and it's simply A-M-A-Z-I-N-G for co-op play. I wish I had bought it sooner and not wasted my time pining for Battlefield 3, surely the biggest dissappointment of this gen for me.
Anth0ny
Member
(02-19-2012, 11:06 PM)
Anth0ny's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rösti

You had 24 posts in the E3 2011 Nintendo Press Conference Thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=432783

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/misc.php...osted&t=432783

That's because:

1. I wasn't actually on GAF when it was happening. Was watching on TV without a laptop.

2. I was so shocked and disappointed after seeing Wii U and it's shitty controller and the lack of games announced. I expected more.

Now my expectations are in check ;)

NO THEY'RE NOT HYPE OVERLOAD
Rhod
Junior Member
(02-19-2012, 11:06 PM)
GDC proper doesn't start until the Wednesday. Mon/Tue are for Indie Game Summit yay. And there's no big Nintendo keynote announced yet is there?

I suspect there will be a few bits from the Nintendo staff talks, and some more hands-on stuff from the booth (certainly there will be mine).
Rösti
Member
(02-19-2012, 11:08 PM)
Rösti's Avatar
Hours and locations for GDC: http://gdconf.com/attend/hourslocation.html

Originally Posted by Rhod

GDC proper doesn't start until the Wednesday. Mon/Tue are for Indie Game Summit yay. And there's no big Nintendo keynote announced yet is there?

I suspect there will be a few bits from the Nintendo staff talks, and some more hands-on stuff from the booth (certainly there will be mine).

There will be no big keynote this year, instead there will be track keynotes: http://www.gdconf.com/news/gdc_2012_...eynotes_f.html

Koichi Hayashida (EAD) and Steve Rabin (NoA) are however attending sessions. Koichi has his own, titled "Thinking In 3D: The Development of Super Mario 3D Land".
Last edited by Rösti; 02-19-2012 at 11:12 PM.
AceBandage
Banned
(02-19-2012, 11:08 PM)
AceBandage's Avatar
That reminds me, I should probably look into taking my vacation the week of E3.
Woo!
Sadist
Member
(02-19-2012, 11:08 PM)
Sadist's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rösti

That's a nice thread, but I've been wondering if there usually around E3 is some kind of compilation thread where dates for all press conferences, exhibitor lists and more are posted.

Yup, there is one big thread in which all info is gathered. Plus, the posters who call dibbs on the conference threads.
Fou-Lu
Member
(02-19-2012, 11:10 PM)
Fou-Lu's Avatar

Originally Posted by AceBandage

That reminds me, I should probably look into taking my vacation the week of E3.
Woo!

I was really worried I'd be in classes during E3 since I am taking some summer classes at Uni this year, but turns out my classes start like the week after E3. Life is good.
guek
Member
(02-19-2012, 11:12 PM)
guek's Avatar
I aint doin squat during E3 week cept studying for boards and pressing F5

Thread Tools