• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 2012.2.22 - Feb 22nd, 6AM EST [Over]

onilink88

What's up with the Reggie avatars?

tkbq1.gif

Highlights for me:

Kid Icarus online looks really good, but also really insane and frantic.
Amazing Fire Emblem trailer

DQM looked nicer than screens
NES World Cup style online soccer game
Horrible Capcom x SEGA x Bamco / Banpresto teaser thing :( I want to know more

Hopefully there's some Western relevant news in the Euro / US feeds

Same. Got more out of the presentation than I thought I would.

Wiseblade

It's over.

Definitely not coming to Europe:

I give up.

Maybe Coming to Europe:

Pokemon X Nobunaga's Ambition
Brain Training
Football Sim
Etrian Odyssey IV
Triple crossover game
Culdecept
Radiowaves e-shop game
Rune Factory 4

Definitely Coming to Europe:

Fire Emblem
Mario Tennis
Rolling Western (Out Now!)
Kid Icarus
Kingdom Hearts
Spirit Camera 3DS and Fatal Frame 2 Wii (Surprise!)

I'm sure I missed something...

Takao

Banned
Did either of the console versions have an RPG mode? This game is clearly modeled off those.

Hot Shots Tennis on PSP basically is the PS2 game but tweaked for portable gameplay, and with an all new RPG-lite mode. I'm guessing people expected at least the same from Mario Tennis.

Foffy

Banned
It's over.

Fatal Frame
Monster Hunter

Maybe Coming to Europe:

Brain Training
Football Sim
Etrian Odyssey IV
Triple crossover game
Culdecept
Radiowaves e-shop game

Fire Emblem
Mario Tennis
Kid Icarus
Kingdom Hearts

MH is arguable, as the reason it was mentioned by Iwata was specifically about DLC. How would that work in a European translation? They'd have to splice in an announcement of the game externally from Iwata's broadcast, when the European version was nothing but a translation of what he talked about for Japan. Outside of the cuts of games of themselves, assuming that meant no chance in hell they were coming.

Oh, I just realized, no mention of Dragon Quest Monsters 3DS in the EU stream either.

International DQ announcements usually happen after they release in Japan.

wrowa

It's over.

Fatal Frame
Monster Hunter

They haven't "deconfirmed" Monster Hunter. The cutted segment was about the new download quests for the game; it wouldn't make any sense to include a segment about download quests for a game that hasn't even been announced for the European market.

Jacobs

It's over.

Fatal Frame
Monster Hunter

Maybe Coming to Europe:

Brain Training
Football Sim
Etrian Odyssey IV
Triple crossover game
Culdecept
Radiowaves e-shop game

Fire Emblem
Mario Tennis
Kid Icarus
Kingdom Hearts

Game Gear games from march onwards.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Hot Shots Tennis on PSP basically is the PS2 game but tweaked for portable gameplay, and with an all new RPG-lite mode. I'm guessing people expected at least the same from Mario Tennis.

Why would anyone still be directly comparing first-party Nintendo games to games by other devs in 2012? Are you masochists or something?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Game Gear confirmed for March in Europe too.
Source: NoE Twitter

Lausebub

Banned
They haven't "deconfirmed" Monster Hunter. The cutted segment was about the new download quests for the game; it wouldn't make any sense to include a segment about download quests for a game that hasn't even been announced for the European market.

You're using logic. Go away!

wrowa

I don't want home console games on a handheld.

This is one of the most stupid lines ever in this particular context.

If anything an RPG mode is much more "console-like" than a pure fun Tennis game. Using your logic you have to detest the handheld Mario Tennis games, because they are too console-like, lolz.

Alexios

Banned
Negative nancies predicting what is and isn't coming to wherever based on if they were announced today or not are being weird...

Wiseblade

MH is arguable, as the reason it was mentioned by Iwata was specifically about DLC. How would that work in a European translation? They'd have to splice in an announcement of the game externally from Iwata's broadcast, when the European version was nothing but a translation of what he talked about for Japan. Outside of the cuts of games of themselves, assuming that meant no chance in hell they were coming.

International DQ announcements usually happen after they release in Japan.

True, I'd forgotten what the Monster Hunter segment was actually about. I'd say things still look really bad for DQ though.

beril

It's over.

Fatal Frame
Monster Hunter

I don't think this really means anything about MonHuns chances of being released in europe. All Iwata did in the the stream was talk about dlc, which wouldn't be that interesting for a game that hasn't even been announced yet.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

You are guessing wrong. People are anxious because of the legendary GBC Mario Tennis's exhaustive RPG mode.

They didn't cut the part about Theatrerhythm and that Nintendo photo game having DLC.

Not that I doubt MH is coming out in Europe.

Foffy

Banned
True, I'd forgotten what the Monster Hunter segment was actually about. I'd say things still look really bad for DQ though.

Like I said, NA/EU announcements for DQ games happen after the JP release. The DQ remake has yet to be release anywhere.

Besides, I think Nintendo's connection to the DQ games implies Nintendo must release them internationally. That's why we got Fortune Street.

Haha, wow.
And I totally pulled that name from my ass.
XD

I recall you posting mostly in Nintendo topics, so I assumed you were such a hardcore Nintendo fan that you were referencing a fansite. :p

Glad I'm not the only one that frantically googled. Wouldn't say no to another Wind Waker style game though, on the condition SLIDE PAD CONTROLS ONLY.

I googled because Nintendo wouldn't announce a Zelda game with system notes. They would have had a trailer, so I figured the name had a meaning on the internet.

Wizpig

This is one of the most stupid lines ever in this particular context.

If anything an RPG mode is much more "console-like" than a pure fun Tennis game. Using your logic you have to detest the handheld Mario Tennis games, because they are too console-like, lolz.
stereotypedGAFreply.jpg
You can't write a reply without "stupid" in it.

I don't want the home console Mario Tennis series on my handheld platform.
Online, great, but where's the rest?

What next, handheld Mario Tennis (the one with human characters, RPG etc.) on Wii U? way to go... then we can expect Pokémon gen 6 on Wii U and Pokémon Stadium on 3DS!

LOLZ

Top Bottom