• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

.la1n

Ok, so creepy GAF... not to be confused with creeper GAF...

I'm not one to believe in anything supernatural, be it an omnipresent, repressive entity that judges us from the heavens or souls of the once living inhabiting our plane of existence here, but...

Last night, I was laying in bed just watching TV while the rest of my family was asleep. I wasn't watching anything spectacular and it wasn't very flashy. My TV is a 32" LCD and its about 10' away from where my head hits the pillow. Light can be a factor, but it doesn't seem as such. Anyway, I'm laying in bed minding my own business when from my periphery, I notice what appears to be a long dark haired girl, pale face about 5' tall peak in from the left side of my doorway. I look over there only to see whatever that image was, recede back from whence it came.

Naturally, my logical mind thinks my daughter is out of bed so I get up to go scold her. Her room is directly across the hall from mine. I look into her room and she is sound asleep. She has a very unique snore that would be impossible to duplicate. After raising her for 8 years, I know when she's asleep and when she's not, she was out cold.

This has left me somewhat creeped out.

I don't want to get into supernatural debates but I have experienced enough in my lifetime to say without a doubt I do believe there are things we are incapable of explaining.

leadbelly

Banned
I don't want to get into supernatural debates but I have experienced enough in my lifetime to say without a doubt I do believe there are things we are incapable of explaining.

Well, I have mentioned before on this forum, I had what appeared to be a precognitive dream at a very emotional time in my life.

It's not something you can really be certain about. I wish I could be actually. I wish it was true. It does leave that question in my life though.

Is there something more?

Chuckie

You mentioned needing layers. Gimp is free and photoshop-like. It could make your life a little easier.

Using that actually :D

problem is lots of the pics have different sizes, parts missing.... no transparancy etc.

So lots of deleting, adding, resizing etc. But... I MUST!

Entries are closed though. Those who participated untill today will be there... no more ;)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Look at the three of you, with your tags. You all think you're so great.

edit: D'oh. This post was meant for when SA, Dave, and Tence were posting in sequence

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Oh, supernatural stuff! What a wonderful thing to start my day with :D Thanks for the stories guys.

Re: Tags: I'm a bit scared of being marked with something I'd regret :< Not everyone get's SA's nice tag. Or Tence's new one.

Clydefrog

I'm not one to believe in anything supernatural, be it an omnipresent, repressive entity that judges us from the heavens or souls of the once living inhabiting our plane of existence here, but...

Last night, I was laying in bed just watching TV while the rest of my family was asleep. I wasn't watching anything spectacular and it wasn't very flashy. My TV is a 32" LCD and its about 10' away from where my head hits the pillow. Light can be a factor, but it doesn't seem as such. Anyway, I'm laying in bed minding my own business when from my periphery, I notice what appears to be a long dark haired girl, pale face about 5' tall peak in from the left side of my doorway. I look over there only to see whatever that image was, recede back from whence it came.

Naturally, my logical mind thinks my daughter is out of bed so I get up to go scold her. Her room is directly across the hall from mine. I look into her room and she is sound asleep. She has a very unique snore that would be impossible to duplicate. After raising her for 8 years, I know when she's asleep and when she's not, she was out cold.

BOO!

Totally creepy. O_O Have you lived where you are long? Has anything like this happened before?

I had a weird thing last night where the covers tugged off my shoulder, and it woke me up, so I pulled them back up and it happened again. The cat wasn't on the bed, so she wasn't to blame, and I couldn't think of any reason for it. Kept me up a good 1/2 hour before I just mumbled "tryin' to sleep here" in case something was playing around. Too tired to care. :p

Davedough

Totally creepy. O_O Have you lived where you are long? Has anything like this happened before?

I had a weird thing last night where the covers tugged off my shoulder, and it woke me up, so I pulled them back up and it happened again. The cat wasn't on the bed, so she wasn't to blame, and I couldn't think of any reason for it. Kept me up a good 1/2 hour before I just mumbled "tryin' to sleep here" in case something was playing around. Too tired to care. :p

I've been in this place since September of 2011 and nothing like this has happened HERE. I've had one other weird thing happen in my life after my Dad died, but it was at my mother's house.

As far as your covers, I'm saying that was more wishful thinking/astral projection from a certain member of this thread who I shall keep nameless but might actually rhyme with slain.

Chuckie

So instead of re-posting all avatars... I made you guys this.
I hope you like it, it is my parting gift to you. (No I am not going anywhere.. I mean parting gift for Fake Pic February)

In advance: Sorry if I forgot anyone.

NeoGAF_FPF.jpg

leadbelly

Banned
I hope you like it, it is my parting gift to you. (No I am not going anywhere.. I mean parting gift for Fake Pic February)

NeoGAF_FPF.jpg

That's very good tence.

.la1n

Bravo Tence, that is fantastic. I love Evilore's positioning and the airplane ;) Tag well earned.

edit: good job with Sentry's portals.

I've been in this place since September of 2011 and nothing like this has happened HERE. I've had one other weird thing happen in my life after my Dad died, but it was at my mother's house.

As far as your covers, I'm saying that was more wishful thinking/astral projection from a certain member of this thread who I shall keep nameless but might actually rhyme with slain.

Maybe the weird thing at your mom's house followed you... :O

As for my own, it was probably totally in my sleepy-fog filled head. I keep an open mind, though, so just in case added the scolding for anything that might be there. Apparently when I was living in Virginia as a kid we had a poltergeist that did all manner of annoying things, so I can hardly discount the possibility of ghosts and the like.

NeoGAF_FPF.jpg

Tence, you are so good. Freakin' adorable. I LOVE SA and SRG's avatars peering over the sign. EviLore's pink-cheeked benevolence from above is also hilarious, especially after Clear's gif. Your tag is well-deserved.

Puddles

Banned
Hey Tence, obviously I'm too late to get in on the group pic, but would you still be willing to do a Tencified avatar for me? I'd proudly wear it.

Davedough

Maybe the weird thing at your mom's house followed you... :O

As for my own, it was probably totally in my sleepy-fog filled head. I keep an open mind, though, so just in case added the scolding for anything that might be there. Apparently when I was living in Virginia as a kid we had a poltergeist that did all manner of annoying things, so I can hardly discount the possibility of ghosts and the like.

Tence, you are so good. Freakin' adorable. I LOVE SA and SRG's avatars peering over the sign. EviLore's pink-cheeked benevolence from above is also hilarious, especially after Clear's gif. Your tag is well-deserved.
"The weird thing" is believed by my mother to be my Dad. He died while he and I were riding motorcycles together very close to the house.

On the day in question, it was about 4 days after he died and everything was still very sore. My mother was in the kitchen, sullen and holding the watch he was wearing when he died. It was a special watch because they had his original wedding ring melted down so the gold and diamonds could be implanted into said watch. Anyway, I was sitting at the breakfast bar in front if her and could see her and the watch clearly. She started talking to it and asked "Steve, just please show me some sign that everything will be ok" and precisely at that instant the watch stopped ticking. She looked up at me and then back and said, "is that you?". The watch started ticking again. She asked one more time if that was the sign and the watch stopped again. It hasn't started again since.

Coincidence? Quite likely. Freaky? Most definitely.

Who is the guy in the boat?

Oh, that's not a boat... haha.

"The weird thing" is believed by my mother to be my Dad. He died while he and I were riding motorcycles together very close to the house.

On the day in question, it was about 4 days after he died and everything was still very sore. My mother was in the kitchen, sullen and holding the watch he was wearing when he died. It was a special watch because they had his original wedding ring melted down so the gold and diamonds could be implanted into said watch. Anyway, I was sitting at the breakfast bar in front if her and could see her and the watch clearly. She started talking to it and asked "Steve, just please show me some sign that everything will be ok" and precisely at that instant the watch stopped ticking. She looked up at me and then back and said, "is that you?". The watch started ticking again. She asked one more time if that was the sign and the watch stopped again. It hasn't started again since.

Coincidence? Quite likely. Freaky? Most definitely.

:( I'm so sorry, Dave. I didn't mean to frame it like that. Apparently the 'poltergeist' in our own house was explained to my mom as the residual energy from death, but not the actual person who died, so to speak. Do you think it was your dad? Sounds like a pretty precise sign.

Chuckie

I doubt that is benevolence though.... more like LASER eyes!
9PH9t.gif

Hey Tence, obviously I'm too late to get in on the group pic, but would you still be willing to do a Tencified avatar for me? I'd proudly wear it.
Done
puddles.png

Who is the guy in the boat?

I'm starting to wonder if it's a huge penis now.

What the fuck is it? lol

That is Karl... and that is that obelisk somewhere in the states. He is posing in front of it... and yeah... the real picture was also like he had a huge stone penis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom