• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So instead of re-posting all avatars... I made you guys this.
I hope you like it, it is my parting gift to you. (No I am not going anywhere.. I mean parting gift for Fake Pic February)

In advance: Sorry if I forgot anyone.

NeoGAF_FPF.jpg
right okay YOUR TAG MUST LINK TO THIS POST

Chuckie

Holy shit, you see EviLore with happy squinting eyes and pink cheeks rather than eyebrows and laser eyes

CANNOT UNSEE

Me neither.... damn you Jess!

Fair point. It's just that those guys are still around, even if they don't use the drawings as avatars.

Yeah I put them all in... I actually forgot he got banned :p

I really like Sentry's blue-portaled arm appearing at a glance to be part of... crap who is that

That's Acid.. he never used the avatar (asshole! :p)

.la1n

I feel the best part is la1n looking at H.Pro's bottle and having a mild "Oh it's on" moment.

LMAO, excellent placement. Doitlive is also right there above me with his stacking abilities.

edit: Also like how my buddy Dave is next to me and appears to be yelling at me.

Davedough

Oh, that's not a boat... haha.

:( I'm so sorry, Dave. I didn't mean to frame it like that. Apparently the 'poltergeist' in our own house was explained to my mom as the residual energy from death, but not the actual person who died, so to speak. Do you think it was your dad? Sounds like a pretty precise sign.

I appreciate the sentiment, but dont feel sorry... I didn't take it as you framing it like anything. I think I was the first one to say a weird thing anyway, so its no biggie. It's ben 4.5 years and I've dealt with a lot of demons, the hardest one to deal with is the fact that I caused his accident and if it had not been for me doing what I did on that day at that time, he would still be with us.... but anyway.

I don't believe it was him, but my mother does. If that brings her even a little bit of peace, then that's fantastic and I'll continue to placate her fantasy. I'm too logical of a thinker to believe or take solace in it. He was in a very massive accident. It's more than a little obvious that the impact that he had would have some sort of ill effects on the electronic devices he had on him at the time. I believe that we simply witnessed the battery in the watch expelling its final amount of energy at precisely a coincidental time.

I hope you like it, it is my parting gift to you. (No I am not going anywhere.. I mean parting gift for Fake Pic February)

In advance: Sorry if I forgot anyone.

NeoGAF_FPF.jpg

I think my avatar has a crush on Beef's.

Davedough

Yet they were all part of RP-Gaf once. Some stopped posting, especially when it went community.. however they did contact me so I made one for them.

That image truly is fantastic. I even accept that my condescending finger point didn't make it into the final cut and I accept the fact that now EviLore looks like NiceAndFatherLore, even though I first saw him with red eyes and now cant unsee the blush and squinty eyes. I just might make that my desktop background here at work to make people as WTF is that?!

Chuckie

Holy fuck. Sorry to hear that Dave. That must be so hard on you and your family.

And even though the watch is probably a coincidence, I am happy your mother can take some comfort in it.

I even accept that my condescending finger point didn't make it into the final cut

...the fuck... that is actually an error. I forgot to delete a part of a top layer. I will fix it tomorrow.

Edit: Also...I now also hate Photobucket... the pic I see there is NOT the pic I uploaded. There are two versions... yet I am seeing the old one

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It's more than a little obvious that the impact that he had would have some sort of ill effects on the electronic devices he had on him at the time. I believe that we simply witnessed the battery in the watch expelling its final amount of energy at precisely a coincidental time.
There's poetry to that, nonetheless. Coincidence, chaos, mystery and spirituality often seem to be different edges of the same blade.

In all seriousness, you've given me much to ponder this afternoon Dave. Thank you for sharing, and my condolences for your loss.

Chuckie

Falling asleep? When you're half-asleep, things like this happen very easily as your dreams interact with perceptions.

Yeah this happened to me when I had a huge fever in Indonesia.

I was in my hotel bed... and suddenly I saw a person dressed as a water passing me and disappearing in the bathroom. Never to come back.

So next day I told my wife... who replied: Oh yeah I saw him too, probably just a ghost.
I didn't even describe his clothing to her (just said I saw a guy)... yet she could exactly describe it to me. Freaky as hell.

HA, it looks like the Balance Board is about to fall off my head and hit someone else's head in that pic

Good work Tence! Well desereved tag

Damn it. I want a tag.

All you have to do is be just antagonistic enough to be noticed but not enough to be banned.

I'm surprised that this came so early. I mean, when this was posted, we still had 20% of the month left to go. It's like starting your New Year's party in mid-October*!

Also, you guys, it turns out that "The Batman" still kind of sucks. I thought I'd give it another go, especially since the first episode of "Game of Thrones" turned out to be quite interesting to watch. But I have yet to reach the level of being whelmed. I'm trying to watch more television, as it makes good background during hoopercise. :)

* I support this idea fully and entirely.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Crazy Chocobo wins again :eek:

Hm... let the chocobo run for half an hour to get the chocobo riding trophy, but didn't get it. Which is strange because when I did the trophy for my boyfriend it only took twenty minutes :x

leadbelly

Banned
Crazy Chocobo wins again :eek:

Hm... let the chocobo run for half an hour to get the chocobo riding trophy, but didn't get it. Which is strange because when I did the trophy for my boyfriend it only took twenty minutes :x

I remember chocobo breeding in FF7 to get knights of the round. I enjoyed doing that actually. There wasn't an awful lot to it really, now that I think about it, but I found that strangely addicting.

I totally, 100% believe in ghosts. I hope everyone that meets me realizes that I'm very much a rational person and I do tend to be very suspect of the uneducated hicks that talk about their alien abductions and supernatural events but I always give them the benefit of the doubt considering I do have my own experience. I may have already told this story to people on RealPic tinychat or IRC, I can't remember.

When I was 3 or 4 years old living in South Gate, we were pretty crowded into our house as we had various people living in it all the time (my parents were way too welcoming to other families that had fallen on hard times) so I ended up having to sleep in the living room near the front yard. For a little while it was like nothing...it's hot here in LA during the nights so we had the front door open. One day, though, out of now where there voice outside the door started saying "Hi...ha hi...ha hi" in a whisper. Of course I was a bit scared but I thought maybe it was my stupid older brothers playing tricks on me. I looked at them and they were straight up knocked out so I knew it wasn't them. Even at that young of a age, I actually believed the world could be explained...I was already a science geek (I was reading comic strips at 2 years old and at 3 or 4 I was reading those kids science books...yes I was one of *those* little precocious brats) and I wanted to know what was going on. I talked to my mom about it the next day and she said "Oh it's probably the birds the guy owns across the street". I never heard a bird make whispers but whatever, my mom knew everything so I just took it in stride and didn't think much of it anymore. Until that night. Again, the whisper came, and again it was near my door. I knew it couldn't be birds across the street cause it was way too close! "Ha hi...hi...ha hi" came the whispers. I was scared again, but I wasn't getting attacked, I wasn't even being threatened. So I just dealt with it.

From time to time I would remind my mom that I still heard that voice. Different explanation came..."Oh it could be the sprinklers" "Maybe the TV is on" blah blah blah...I came to the conclusion that it had to be something that couldn't be explained, because nothing about it made sense. Years went by with every night that voice came...until my family was ready to move out. We were already transferring stuff back and forth little by little to the new house (in another part of LA). It was a week before we were gonna fully move out...that night, as usual I heard the voice "ha hi...ha hi..." but then something happened. The voice got closer, and louder, and inside the house... "ha hi....ha hi....RUBEN.... ha hi"

Hooooly shit...I got up, ran to my parents room and slid under the covers scared senseless. I was 8 years old.

After that I didn't have to be in that house no more, I stayed in our new home and I never heard that voice again. After reflecting up on it later I realized it had to be a ghost. There's no other explanation. There was this special on fox about the paranormal and one of the things they talked about was "white noise" from a tape recorder that could possibly be ghosts...and one of the voice that appeared had that same whisper I knew so well...jesus tapdancing christ :(

Puddles

Banned
Finally got two huge boxes from Korea after 14 damn months. Finally. I got two of my electric guitars, distortion, overdrive, phase-shift and wah pedals, two suits, my 500 gig external hard drive with a whole bunch of cool stuff on it, a bunch of clothes, a bunch of books... wow. It feels like Christmas. This + Tence avatar = best day in awhile.

Sadetar

Holy crap that was fast!

Thanks EviLore! (I guess he does the tags)
Awww. Brilliant. It suits you well darling.

sadetar.png

I gave you lots of hair because I didn't know what you wear. That can be edited though. Let me know.
Oooh. So happyyyyyy!

I don't mind the clothes, but I can pretend to be a chaste young lady and find you a photo with some clothes on.

Oh and the group shot is brilliant. ^__^

My avatar is of course also absolutely magnifizent. If you feel safe enough to let me know your contact information, I can send that small box of delicious salmiakki to you. :D

Agreed.

Also as a sidenote: the Wire is an awesome tv-series as well.

...Btw, what is the tinychat people mention once in the while? Enlighten the noob please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom