(02-23-2012, 03:57 PM)

Originally Posted by perfectnight

Time for 10 pages of written fellatio for gaben

UHHNMMFFFRFGGBNNNNNN.

UNNN UNGFSFGH OOHHGVBN UHH?
Madrical
Banned
(02-23-2012, 03:58 PM)
These Gabe suck fests are getting more and more common.

I like it.

Seriously though, I am so, so, so happy that Valve is a privately owned company. If they were tied to a parent company... it'd be different.

Originally Posted by Hayvic

Yes, he even forwarded to Doug Valente and some other guys. It was the happiest day of my life.

This is like getting an e-mail from the pope. I'm so jealous. Note: I would not like an e-mail from the pope.
Last edited by Madrical; 02-23-2012 at 04:00 PM.
DiatribeEQ
(02-23-2012, 04:00 PM)
In Gabe we trust.

Seriously, once I stopped playing Star Wars: The Old Republic, I uninstalled Origin (and ToR, the only game I'll ever buy from Origin) and bought 2 games off Steam.
strafer
(02-23-2012, 04:01 PM)
I wonder if Gabe has an account here. <.<
shagg_187
lapdance transform pants
(02-23-2012, 04:03 PM)

Originally Posted by Strafer

I hope he never reveals himself if he does. GAF will come to a halt and everyone will go through his post history... :lol
Palette Swap
(02-23-2012, 04:06 PM)

Originally Posted by Madrical

These Gabe suck fests are getting more and more common.

I like it.

Seriously though, I am so, so, so happy that Valve is a privately owned company. If they were tied to a parent company... it'd be different.

This is like getting an e-mail from the pope. I'm so jealous. Note: I would not like an e-mail from the pope.

And now I'm really wondering if the pope has ever sent an email (or a text) all by himself. He seems more likely to have had sex honestly.
Joseph Merrick
#2 Tingle Fan
(right after Beezy)
(02-23-2012, 04:09 PM)
this is complete nonsense. the company wouldn't even be around anymore if it wasn't for the subscription thing they were running between games where several hundred people "invested" in whatever dms did next. their idiotic dlc scheme has also completely ruined mow assault squad
Fersis
It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
(02-23-2012, 04:16 PM)
Ive never played a Valve game (Yup no CS or HL) but i do admire their company culture and Gabe Newell is one of the most forward thinking people in the industry.
strafer
(02-23-2012, 04:19 PM)

Originally Posted by Fersis

Ive never played a Valve game (Yup no CS or HL) but i do admire their company culture and Gabe Newell is one of the most forward thinking people in the industry.

Do yourself a favor and buy this.
Rygar 8 Bit
Jaguar 64-bit
(02-23-2012, 04:19 PM)
"No problem! GABE NEWELL AWAY!"
JustinBB7
(02-23-2012, 04:20 PM)
But Steam doesn't let you interact with your customers! You will lose MILLIONS!

..right EA..?
Mr Swine
(02-23-2012, 04:21 PM)

Originally Posted by Rygar 8 Bit

He looks more like Micheal Moore in that gif, but awesome anyways :D
Lasthope106
(02-23-2012, 04:22 PM)
Based GabeN knows best.

He's the reason I dream of one day making my own game.
Wthermans
Mr. Chickenlittle Grumpyface
(02-23-2012, 04:32 PM)

Has anyone here ever mailed Gabe Newell? Did you got a response?

When the Steam Overlay Browser first came out, I emailed Gabe to thank him for it and telling him it was a great idea. Also mentioned I would like to see a Mobile Version of Steam so I can chat with friends/keep up with sales as they go live. He emailed me back a quick word of thanks for my support and that a Mobile Version was something they were looking into.
SuperDowns
(02-23-2012, 04:34 PM)
I love reading things like this. Innovation being rewarded both as the platform (Steam) and developers.

I pray Origins never noticeably disrupts Steamworks as far as a platform for developers to self-publish their games.

I wish that man was on Gaf so we could give him a GAF Thanks Thread.
Schweinehund
(02-23-2012, 04:53 PM)

Time for 10 pages of written fellatio for gaben

inb4 Gabe N unmasked as anti christ.

It has been a hell of a ride, bros.
ScreenSplitter
(02-23-2012, 04:56 PM)
Just the ease of purchase and use, and the way it makes you want to buy things you'd previously never think of twice.

I can only dream the rumours of Steam on WiiU are true.
JaseC
gave away the keys to the kingdom.
(02-24-2012, 12:18 AM)

Originally Posted by Strafer

I often wonder if we have any Valve employees here. I imagine there would have to be at least one, and that sitting on the other side of the fence, hearing all the enthusiastic cries for Half-Life 3, must evoke the feeling of royalty.

Originally Posted by ScreenSplitter

Just the ease of purchase and use, and the way it makes you want to buy things you'd previously never think of twice.

I can only dream the rumours of Steam on WiiU are true.

Rumours or wishful thinking? I'm only aware of the latter.
Last edited by JaseC; 02-24-2012 at 12:24 AM.
ClovingWestbrook
Banned
(02-24-2012, 12:25 AM)
BUT GABE HATES DEVELOPERS! Steam is unfair to developers! Waterwendy, where are you? Are you ok?
ClovingWestbrook
Banned
(02-24-2012, 12:30 AM)

Has anyone here ever mailed Gabe Newell? Did you got a response?

In response to me emailing him this

he wrote back to me:

Gabe Newell gaben@valvesoftware.com

12/20/10

I particularly like the Hats! Sign.

Dylan
(02-24-2012, 12:33 AM)
Steam really is my favourite console of this gen.
PistolPete
(02-24-2012, 12:33 AM)
They should stop writing letters and start making the next assault squad. That game is awesome.
Stitch
(02-24-2012, 12:36 AM)

Originally Posted by Rygar 8 Bit

I have to go now, my planet needs me!
Mr. Enigma
(02-24-2012, 12:38 AM)
Time for a Valve console, amirite?
Dead Man
I got d 2 tha eepdicked
d-e-e-p-d-i-c-k-e-d
(02-24-2012, 12:44 AM)

Originally Posted by ClovingSteam

In response to me emailing him this

he wrote back to me:

That's gold.
Big-E
(02-24-2012, 12:53 AM)
If anything Steam should get more praise than it gets. There aren't too many services in the gaming industry where both the consumer and developers are almost completely satisfied with. Developers gain a platform where they are able to market their game even though they are competing with the big boy developers and customers get to purchase far more games than they would be able to otherwise.
PistolPete
(02-24-2012, 12:57 AM)

Originally Posted by Joseph Merrick

this is complete nonsense. the company wouldn't even be around anymore if it wasn't for the subscription thing they were running between games where several hundred people "invested" in whatever dms did next. their idiotic dlc scheme has also completely ruined mow assault squad

Wait... what?
Jintor
Lit himself on fire to get
a mod to tag him
(02-24-2012, 12:57 AM)

it's a joke

I love steam like I love sliced bread.

I got Poe'd.
RedSwirl
(02-24-2012, 01:00 AM)
Could this kind of environment ever actually be replicated on a console? If consoles started offering games digitally day-and-date with retail, let people pre-purchase for 10% off the full price with bonuses, and let them pre-load, would we see the same kind of success? Even if that kind of environment came to be next gen, I don't think you'd see as many deals like you see on Steam because PSN and XBL don't have any digital competition within their platforms.
jim-jam bongs
most certainly will not be getting forcibly fucked by a gigantic canoe
(02-24-2012, 01:02 AM)
There are few companies I feel respect for collectively. Valve is one of them, and this is one of the reasons.

Regarding the whole gamer-infatuation with Gabe/Valve, it's roughly 75% smart-arsery. Speaking for myself, I have no qualms about pointing out when they do something I think is less than ideal. Like, I'm not on-board with Steam Workshop becoming the defacto standard for delivering mods, and I also think that they should be more flexible with how Steamworks operates.

In general though they've contributed a lot to gaming, particularly PC gaming, so I respect that contribution. I'm under no illusions that they've made massive amounts of the folding stuff in the process either, I guess I just don't begrudge them profit when they have benefited me so much as a consumer.
epmode
(02-24-2012, 01:05 AM)

Originally Posted by PistolPete

Wait... what?

It wouldn't be a Steam thread without a psychotic Joseph Merrick post.
brain_stew
Hello friend! Have you heard the good news about Jesus PC gaming?
(02-24-2012, 01:06 AM)

Originally Posted by Joseph Merrick

Now its a Steam thread.
FyreWulff
Banned
(02-24-2012, 01:08 AM)
Gabe responds to every email. He even responded to my question on why Valve didn't support certain control schemes, to which he responded that they were going to be adding it to all their games from then on.
Jintor
Lit himself on fire to get
a mod to tag him
(02-24-2012, 01:11 AM)

Originally Posted by FyreWulff

Gabe responds to every email. He even responded to my question on why Valve didn't support certain control schemes, to which he responded that they were going to be adding it to all their games from then on.

This isn't true, as you'd know from the first Commentary node in just about everything. But he does read all of them at least.
jim-jam bongs
most certainly will not be getting forcibly fucked by a gigantic canoe
(02-24-2012, 01:14 AM)
Yeah he's never replied to me, but as hard as people on GAF might find it to believe I have a tendency to be quite blunt.
alexandros
(02-24-2012, 01:23 PM)

Originally Posted by Mr_eX

I've been a console gamer my entire life but about a year ago I started playing PC games. Now I am honestly thinking about skipping the next generation of consoles because Steam is so great. There's just something about a service that is pro-consumer and treats its users with respect.

The best thing about Steam is that everyone is happy. Valve is happy because, well, they have a hugely successful platform, developers are happy because they make money and gamers are happy because they get to buy cheap games. Everybody wins.

One thing that I think Valve can improve upon is explaining why a certain game is not allowed on Steam to its developers. Maybe they could release a set of really basic guidelines so that the developers of a game would have advance knowledge on what features they will need to add in order to have a good chance of being accepted on Steam. The current "not a good fit" reply is vague and not really helpful.
Rez
(02-24-2012, 01:35 PM)
Does anyone have a link to that hilarious TF2-intern blog post?
Sethos
Banned
(02-24-2012, 01:37 PM)
SparkTR
(02-24-2012, 02:01 PM)

Originally Posted by Sethos

*image*

Man, Gabe has lost a lot of weight in recent years.