• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

PROSTHETIC
Junior Member
(02-23-2012, 01:38 AM)
Does anyone else feel that road killing with the MAV is incredibly stupid? A MAV running someone over and smashing itself against hard objects without being damaged in the process? It makes no sense to me and makes the game feel silly at times. I'll go ahead and add that to the list of 'bugs' that needs fixing.
Last edited by PROSTHETIC; 02-23-2012 at 01:46 AM.
The Faceless Master
(02-23-2012, 02:35 AM)
The Faceless Master's Avatar

Originally Posted by PROSTHETIC

Does anyone else feel that road killing with the MAV is incredibly stupid? A MAV running someone over and smashing itself against hard objects without being damaged in the process? It makes no sense to me and makes the game feel silly at times. I'll go ahead and add that to the list of 'bugs' that needs fixing.

what's really silly is people can sit in their invincible spawns doing that, which in some cases means there is no way to retaliate!
PROSTHETIC
Junior Member
(02-23-2012, 02:47 AM)
Oh yeah, that reminds me, I saw a guy have a dead body kit laying in his spawn. If his MAV was broken he would switch to the support kit, drop ammo at his feet and instantly have another MAV without relying on a teammate to constantly drop him ammo.
Overdoziz
Member
(02-23-2012, 05:01 AM)
Overdoziz's Avatar
I've been killed maybe a handful of times by an MAV. They're really easy to evade.
olimpia84
Member
(02-23-2012, 06:30 AM)
olimpia84's Avatar
If the other team is really bugging me with the MAV I switch to engineer with the Stinger whenever I die and take the damn thing out. I bet they get so pissed when that happens
TheSeks
Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
(02-23-2012, 07:27 AM)
TheSeks's Avatar

Originally Posted by olimpia84

If the other team is really bugging me with the MAV I switch to engineer with the Stinger whenever I die and take the damn thing out. I bet they get so pissed when that happens

Until they put it up in the air again. I've gotten killed... about 5 times when trying to take the damn thing out. It's more annoying buzzing around and pushing me than it is the attempt to kill me. And getting a lock on it is a PITA on Sharqi near the construction site with their team pushing in.
Last edited by TheSeks; 02-23-2012 at 07:35 AM.
TheSeks
Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
(02-23-2012, 07:35 AM)
TheSeks's Avatar

Originally Posted by The Faceless Master

24 hour blackout is a joke. they should blackout until there's a real answer.

This. 24 hours is a complete joke. What message is that going to send? You want DICE to fix this? Yell at Demize to stop being a fake Sweede and start being a proper American that he is and call everyone on the team dumbasses and be a jerk since they don't play as jerks in development and that's why half the shit in the game is completely broken or allowed.

It's mind boggling how the FAMAS was allowed into the game with it's "real" Rate of Fire with no damage nerf to compensate for that. Oh, you get a long reload during that. But who gives a shit when you're spitting out hot death per five enemies coming at you? Oh and you slap a flashlight on to where you pretty much pressed the "I WIN!" button and slap a IRNV scope on and can light enemies up from across the map (before this was nerfed, which it needed) or have to pretty much have one-two engineers in a helicopter to keep it alive/go toe-to-toe with the mobile anti-air and you need five people to take said helicopter out on the other end of that situation.

There's so many things that need fixing, along with the stupid INPUT LAG that the PS3 version has. It's hilarious. BC2 was amazing. I like BF3 and I like some of the design decisions (like no damage around the crates in Rush to promote... *gasp* attacking!) but the bullshit far outclasses it.

It's why I haven't played in weeks and why I've gone full steam ahead into leveling to 80 in CoD8 while tanking my KDR there because I can't give two fucks about my KDR there.

That said: Popping BC1 at times as well is a night and day difference in how far DICE has come. BC2 really shows improvements and BF3 takes those improvements and tweaks them better/worse.
PROSTHETIC
Junior Member
(02-23-2012, 08:04 AM)

Originally Posted by Overdoz1z

I've been killed maybe a handful of times by an MAV. They're really easy to evade.

You're right they are easy to evade. But I will assume you can't evade a MAV when you're in a gun fight since you have more important things to worry about. And it's tough to evade a MAV when you're insta-killed after spawning on a teammate that appears to not be in a dangerous area.
Rebel Leader
THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
(02-23-2012, 01:36 PM)
Rebel Leader's Avatar
New patch notes are out...

*Crashing a jet into a heli should result in death to both

I also believe it says something about FRAG rounds with USAS reduced
Last edited by Rebel Leader; 02-23-2012 at 01:54 PM.
The Faceless Master
(02-23-2012, 02:02 PM)
The Faceless Master's Avatar
patch notes

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...4779195992365/

list is too big to fail long to paste
dc2x
Junior Member
(02-23-2012, 02:22 PM)

Originally Posted by PROSTHETIC

Does anyone else feel that road killing with the MAV is incredibly stupid? A MAV running someone over and smashing itself against hard objects without being damaged in the process? It makes no sense to me and makes the game feel silly at times. I'll go ahead and add that to the list of 'bugs' that needs fixing.

-The MAV will now be destroyed when running into a soldier or vehicle at high speed. It is still possible to strategically sacrifice your MAV on a soldier; it will be destroyed in the process.

some good changes in there, except for this:

-Laser Guided missiles can now be distracted by Flares.

isn't the advantage of laser designation supposed to be that flares don't work?
Mikasangelos
Member
(02-23-2012, 02:24 PM)
Mikasangelos's Avatar
goddamn that list is huge.


and no ETA..........come on.
The Faceless Master
(02-23-2012, 02:40 PM)
The Faceless Master's Avatar

Originally Posted by dc2x

-The MAV will now be destroyed when running into a soldier or vehicle at high speed. It is still possible to strategically sacrifice your MAV on a soldier; it will be destroyed in the process.

some good changes in there, except for this:

-Laser Guided missiles can now be distracted by Flares.

isn't the advantage of laser designation supposed to be that flares don't work?

probably has something to do with this

Originally Posted by Metalmurphy

"-Flares will no longer break the lock of a vehicle that is locked on, it will only distract the missiles. "


This is a very interesting change.



"-AA Missiles should no longer kill the pilot instead of the vehicle. "
Thought this had been fixed already...

Rebel Leader
THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
(02-23-2012, 02:41 PM)
Rebel Leader's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mikasangelos

goddamn that list is huge.


and no ETA..........come on.

Ok
ETA: Someday after today
OdysseusVA
Member
(02-23-2012, 02:55 PM)
OdysseusVA's Avatar
Can they patch hit detection? :P

I haven't played in about 2-3 weeks, but I may give it another go whenever this update rolls out.
TheSeks
Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
(02-23-2012, 03:17 PM)
TheSeks's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rebel Leader

I also believe it says something about FRAG rounds with USAS reduced

Oh, goody! People will move to the DAO-12 and frag rounds then! :D! GG DICE! SMH. You need to nerf the damn ammo type instead of just one gun that's overused with it because LOLOLOLOL INSANE FIRERATE.
The Faceless Master
(02-23-2012, 03:38 PM)
The Faceless Master's Avatar
"Due to update restrictions, the FAMAS had different stats on all 3 platforms. The FAMAS is now uniform on all platforms and now has the correct 25 round magazine. "

haha, guess that explains the differing FAMAS opinions!


Originally Posted by TheSeks

Oh, goody! People will move to the DAO-12 and frag rounds then! :D! GG DICE! SMH. You need to nerf the damn ammo type instead of just one gun that's overused with it because LOLOLOLOL INSANE FIRERATE.

they nerfed the jackhammer fire rate too. honestly, frag rounds with the DAO-12 aren't all that awesome, the USAS is WAAAAAAAAAAY better.
Overdoziz
Member
(02-23-2012, 03:51 PM)
Overdoziz's Avatar
-Reduced the black screen fade in time on spawn. The fade is still necessary for properly streaming in loading content at spawn, but it has been substantially reduced.

Thank god, I hate having a black screen for a few seconds after spawn. It's especially apparent when you switch between BF3 and BC2.
The Faceless Master
(02-23-2012, 03:55 PM)
The Faceless Master's Avatar
-Fixed an Accuracy bug when the MK3A1 shotgun is equipped with FRAG or Slug rounds.

so that was a bug and not a feature? nice to know! that bug was like the one thing preventing the jackhammer from being better than the USAS!
Noisepurge
Member
(02-23-2012, 03:58 PM)
Noisepurge's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheSeks

Oh, goody! People will move to the DAO-12 and frag rounds then! :D! GG DICE! SMH. You need to nerf the damn ammo type instead of just one gun that's overused with it because LOLOLOLOL INSANE FIRERATE.

They did, the splashdamage is weakened and the firerates with frags is slower. Will see if it affects the gameplay.

And my Glock just loves that pulling out a sidearm is even faster now :P Prepare to die.

Originally Posted by Overdoz1z

-Reduced the black screen fade in time on spawn. The fade is still necessary for properly streaming in loading content at spawn, but it has been substantially reduced.

Thank god, I hate having a black screen for a few seconds after spawn. It's especially apparent when you switch between BF3 and BC2.

Indeed, its so annoying when you hear the sounds and KNOW you are in the game already but just cant see shit :D
TheSeks
Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
(02-23-2012, 04:00 PM)
TheSeks's Avatar

Originally Posted by The Faceless Master

they nerfed the jackhammer fire rate too. honestly, frag rounds with the DAO-12 aren't all that awesome, the USAS is WAAAAAAAAAAY better.

It doesn't fire as fast, but I can tell you if an entire squad uses them like they do the USAS and stagger their fire to where they have someone firing at the other person's next round reloads: It'll be just as annoying as the USAS right now.
The Faceless Master
(02-23-2012, 04:09 PM)
The Faceless Master's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheSeks

It doesn't fire as fast, but I can tell you if an entire squad uses them like they do the USAS and stagger their fire to where they have someone firing at the other person's next round reloads: It'll be just as annoying as the USAS right now.

so, an entire squad using teamwork can match the annoyance of one person currently? i'm ok with that.
Fersis
It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
(02-23-2012, 05:09 PM)
Fersis's Avatar
We should play more Squad game modes feceless.

Good patch
The Faceless Master
(02-23-2012, 06:06 PM)
The Faceless Master's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fersis

We should play more Squad game modes feceless.

Good patch

i'm done with SQR, only SQDM for me now! until i get my medals anyway...
JJD
Member
(02-23-2012, 06:11 PM)
JJD's Avatar

Originally Posted by Patch Notes

-Players should no longer take fall damage from short falls.

Thank GOD!!!

-Unguided tank rounds and RPGs will now instantly destroy Jets, Attack Helicopters, and Scout Helicopters.

This is good. I should have at least 5-10 kills for hitting choppers with a tank round.

-Slightly reduced the repair speed of the repair tool.

As an engineer player this is good too. The damn thing was too fast.

-Reduced the damage AA missiles do to jets to 45%.

This is bullshit. Skilled jet pilots are almost impossible to take down by ground troops and vehicles already (on consoles). Only another jet or a good chopper pilot can reliably take then down.

-The IGLA and Stinger now lock on much more quickly and disable an attack aircraft in 1 hit, but have significantly reduced range. This should allow Stingers to mount an effective close range point defense, without dominating an entire airspace.

I don't know what to think of this. On one hand, as I said a good pilot knows how to lose a missile easily, so reduced range is not good, but disable in one hit can be a good tradeoff. I don't have any problem against choppers, I think that only jets are too powerful right now. Also, how many people use the stinger to take out air vehicles anyway? It's not like everyone uses the SOFLAM or the laser designator...

-Added Extended Mags to the ASVAL. The Extended Mags can be unlocked at 200 kills with the AS VAL.

Good. Maybe I'll try that gun again.

Also, I don't understand all the complains about the MAV elevator. On outdoor maps, every place the MAV took you, you can reach deploying a beacon and parachuting. On indoor maps you can't do this, but again, where would the MAV take you on those maps???
Last edited by JJD; 02-23-2012 at 06:39 PM.
TheSeks
Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
(02-23-2012, 06:33 PM)
TheSeks's Avatar

Originally Posted by The Faceless Master

so, an entire squad using teamwork can match the annoyance of one person currently? i'm ok with that.

Sure, but the only thing stopping the Frag Rounds from being super annoying on the DAO is the slower fire rate. People can still spam it and therein is my issue: People are just going to move to the next auto-shotgun to spam it.
JJD
Member
(02-23-2012, 06:36 PM)
JJD's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheSeks

Sure, but the only thing stopping the Frag Rounds from being super annoying on the DAO is the slower fire rate. People can still spam it and therein is my issue: People are just going to move to the next auto-shotgun to spam it.

I didn't see any mention of changes on the Saiga...I wonder how it fares with frags...lol!
The Faceless Master
(02-23-2012, 06:45 PM)
The Faceless Master's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheSeks

Sure, but the only thing stopping the Frag Rounds from being super annoying on the DAO is the slower fire rate. People can still spam it and therein is my issue: People are just going to move to the next auto-shotgun to spam it.

i'm ok with that.

i've used frag rounds on DAO (and every shotgun really) for a good 50-100 kills each and the Jackhammer and USAS are in a league of their own.

people are sleeping on the 870 with frag rounds, that thing is WICKED GOOD if you can aim.
The Faceless Master
(02-24-2012, 01:02 PM)
The Faceless Master's Avatar
so i was browsing the EA forums and saw that this guy is playing BF3 and trying to get to to rank 45 with 0 kills!
Marvie_3
(02-24-2012, 01:14 PM)
Marvie_3's Avatar

Originally Posted by The Faceless Master

so i was browsing the EA forums and saw that this guy is playing BF3 and trying to get to to rank 45 with 0 kills!

Awesome. :lol
Mikasangelos
Member
(02-24-2012, 02:39 PM)
Mikasangelos's Avatar

Originally Posted by The Faceless Master

so i was browsing the EA forums and saw that this guy is playing BF3 and trying to get to to rank 45 with 0 kills!

DOPE
JJD
Member
(02-24-2012, 04:32 PM)
JJD's Avatar

Originally Posted by The Faceless Master

so i was browsing the EA forums and saw that this guy is playing BF3 and trying to get to to rank 45 with 0 kills!

Lol! His SPM is better than many players out there!

And this is why the skill stat is useless, he's at 860 points...negative. I bet in Conquest he would be more helpful than many randoms I've played with...

And his W/L average is 2.89!!! That guy is awesome! :-D

In other news after playing the game on a 720P native set for a month I had the impression that everything was smoother and more responsive. Yesterday I played on my newer 1080P set again and the game was back at it's usual sluggishness. People from Dice had mentioned that maybe the TV set was the issue with the lag PS3 players are experiencing. While I don't believe that is an excuse since the beta was alright, they may have a point. They actually mentioned Samsung sets (such as my newer TV) by name, asking players to play with Game Mode on (which I already used to do).
Last edited by JJD; 02-24-2012 at 04:46 PM.
olimpia84
Member
(02-24-2012, 04:43 PM)
olimpia84's Avatar
I requested to be his friend in Battlelog so I can track his progress.
Demoncarnotaur
Member
(02-24-2012, 08:27 PM)
Demoncarnotaur's Avatar
This may be a bizarre question, but is there any place I can buy the 360 BF3 MP disc for a decent price?
Marvie_3
(02-24-2012, 09:33 PM)
Marvie_3's Avatar

Originally Posted by Demoncarnotaur

This may be a bizarre question, but is there any place I can buy the 360 BF3 MP disc for a decent price?

Right here:

http://www.amazon.com/Battlefield-3-...0115556&sr=8-1

Comes with a free Battlefield single player disc!! ;)
olimpia84
Member
(02-24-2012, 10:03 PM)
olimpia84's Avatar
Got my first air warfare ribbon today as a jet pilot; first time I killed 6 people on a jet!
PROSTHETIC
Junior Member
(02-25-2012, 03:29 AM)
Ugh, I never should have left Old Gimlet Eye's group. Went to play squad modes with my brother and his friends and we got wrecked hard all night lol.
Old Gimlet Eyes
Member
(02-25-2012, 06:58 AM)
Old Gimlet Eyes's Avatar

Originally Posted by PROSTHETIC

Ugh, I never should have left Old Gimlet Eye's group. Went to play squad modes with my brother and his friends and we got wrecked hard all night lol.

Hey, anytime you want easy wins, you know who's match to join. Definitely missed out of a few choice wins tonight. Stealing the other teams chopper on Sharqi, then AGAIN on Wake, just almost feels wrong. Almost.
Dreamgazer
Member
(02-25-2012, 07:09 AM)
Dreamgazer's Avatar
Awesome game of Battlefield 1943 tonight!

...

oh...wrong thread.
The Faceless Master
(02-25-2012, 02:24 PM)
The Faceless Master's Avatar

Originally Posted by Darkshier

Hey, anytime you want easy wins, you know who's match to join. Definitely missed out of a few choice wins tonight. Stealing the other teams chopper on Sharqi, then AGAIN on Wake, just almost feels wrong. Almost.

sounds like Battlefield to me!
BoatAck
Member
(02-25-2012, 02:29 PM)
BoatAck's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dreamgazer

Awesome game of Battlefield 1943 tonight!

...

oh...wrong thread.

Seriously? Do you still play? I love that game. Barely anyone on my friends list plays it anymore.
OdysseusVA
Member
(02-25-2012, 02:41 PM)
OdysseusVA's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dreamgazer

Awesome game of Battlefield 1943 tonight!

...

oh...wrong thread.


Originally Posted by rampitup46

Seriously? Do you still play? I love that game. Barely anyone on my friends list plays it anymore.


Which system? I still play pretty frequently. Wouldn't mind playing with a few gaffers
MrBig
Member
(02-25-2012, 02:47 PM)
MrBig's Avatar
Playing on Canals as RU is especially a joke. Only way to have any sort of fun on that map is to pilot one of the Littlebirds. Ugh.
The Faceless Master
(02-25-2012, 03:17 PM)
The Faceless Master's Avatar
whoa, people are talking up 1943? i need to play that some more, wanna hit 50!

Originally Posted by MrBig

Playing on Canals as RU is especially a joke. Only way to have any sort of fun on that map is to pilot one of the Littlebirds. Ugh.

no way, playing as RU on Canals is always fun!
olimpia84
Member
(02-25-2012, 04:30 PM)
olimpia84's Avatar
RU side on Canals + good team + guided shells with somebody on the CITV station = round over in 2 minutes
MrBig
Member
(02-25-2012, 04:33 PM)
MrBig's Avatar

Originally Posted by olimpia84

RU side on Canals + good team + guided shells with somebody on the CITV station = round over in 2 minutes

2 good Littlebird pilots + easily stealing the RU Z11 = Round over in 1 minute
e: and I'm saying this having experienced it many times from the US side, and less so from the RU side. I don't enjoy it from either. It's just to easy to gain absolute control of the map whether via tanks or air.
Last edited by MrBig; 02-25-2012 at 04:40 PM.
JJD
Member
(02-25-2012, 05:22 PM)
JJD's Avatar

Originally Posted by olimpia84

RU side on Canals + good team + guided shells with somebody on the CITV station = round over in 2 minutes

I'm still salty that I got disconnected on that Canals game last night...the top scorer on the other team had 800 something points! Lol!
The Faceless Master
(02-25-2012, 05:35 PM)
The Faceless Master's Avatar

Originally Posted by MrBig

2 good Littlebird pilots + easily stealing the RU Z11 = Round over in 1 minute
e: and I'm saying this having experienced it many times from the US side, and less so from the RU side. I don't enjoy it from either. It's just to easy to gain absolute control of the map whether via tanks or air.

if you were to randomly join a game on Canals, which side would you want to be on?
MrBig
Member
(02-25-2012, 05:40 PM)
MrBig's Avatar

Originally Posted by The Faceless Master

if you were to randomly join a game on Canals, which side would you want to be on?

I never have to experience this (filtered it out of the server list). In progress I would want access to the RU tank; from the beginning I would want the US littlebirds.
Dreamgazer
Member
(02-25-2012, 07:47 PM)
Dreamgazer's Avatar

Originally Posted by rampitup46

Seriously? Do you still play? I love that game. Barely anyone on my friends list plays it anymore.

Originally Posted by OdysseusVA

Which system? I still play pretty frequently. Wouldn't mind playing with a few gaffers

Originally Posted by The Faceless Master

whoa, people are talking up 1943? i need to play that some more, wanna hit 50!

Yeah, I haven't been in the mood for bf3 lately and BC2 isn't fun without out a good squad/team. Since EA gave away free 1943 copies to PS3-BF3 players, I figured there would be more players online.

Been hoping onto that and playing myself some good old classic conquest.
5 flag deliciousness

Thread Tools