• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best thing about the Han/Greedo nonsense were people stretching like Dhalsim about how Han's entire character development over the span of three movies was ruined by one scene.

Parfait

e6mcV.gif

brian577

Banned
Well the fandom has already found it's first target. This women was apparently pretty vocal about Derpy. Her Deviant Art page is currently under assault by angry bronies. I can't say I agree with this, but I suppose it's better than harassing Faust or one of the other creators.

http://yamino.deviantart.com/

Chuck

Still without luck
This community really fucking sucks sometimes. Makes the "Love and Tolerate" mantra feel like a fucking lie.

brian577

Banned
This community really fucking sucks sometimes. Makes the "Love and Tolerate" mantra feel like a fucking lie.

It's human nature. Love and Tolerate sounds good in theory but it doesn't always work in practice. I'm still pretty pissed about the whole affair but I'm passed most of anger, I'm sure these people will get passed it too. The person being harassed actually doesn't seem to mind, earlier this month she commented on how she loved all the extra traffic due to her complaints about Derpy.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Phew, wi-fi. Just caught up with the news and I'm not going to respond to people individually because I'm already neglecting the chat and I don't want to make enemies, especially on Deviant Art. This isn't a tragedy and people really ought to stop treating it as such or as some weird act of censorship targeted at the fans. The character and the scene still exist - and will do for the future, so people flaming Yamino despite her history should just stop being asses.

Myself, I'm more concerned with anything happening to the team working on the show, not a fan name being snipped out on an iTunes download.

Who are you referring to here?

is this your precious 'canon', forester?

where good and innocent ponies get carted away in the night and replaced?

I know you have this whole persona going on, but you sound like a real dimwit sometimes.

Still, if you're miffed at the executive meddling here, welcome to my world. Season One wasn't this mishandled, was it?

And neither is this one.

Chuck

Still without luck
Welcome back, Thnikk.

Who are you referring to here?

I'm referring to what Brian posted about people assulting the woman's DA page, the nigh 1500 comments on the EqD post filled with people complaining, calling people who were for a voice change terrible names, the ponychan, reddit, 4chan threads doing the same.

All the bullshit you would hope our community would be above, and but would be very wrong.

edit: and death/bomb threats apparently

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Welcome back, Thnikk.

I'm referring to what Brian posted about people assulting the woman's DA page, the nigh 1500 comments on the EqD post filled with people complaining, calling people who were for a voice change terrible names, the ponychan, reddit, 4chan threads doing the same.

All the bullshit you would hope our community would be above, and but would be very wrong

Aha, that makes sense. I see the journal of the guy working on the show and wonder if it'll make any difference. Sad that things had to change, but it's a whole lot of trouble over nothing IMO.

Ed: About the threats, guy's probably a troll.

And LZ drew a Jackle! <3

tafer

Delicious drama on the interwebs!?
From a huge fandom!?
XzRCB.jpg

And about the topic in question, I'm surprised they actually took the time to "fix" the issue instead of the traditional: remove it and forget it.

On the other hand, it's quite disappointing that this problem was handled in such a way. Maybe, someday, people will understand that dialog and transparency are always the best damn tools to handle pretty much any issue.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
You know what's hilarious? People are blaming the company, NOT THE FANS, for this outrage. This wouldn't have happened had there been less retarded fans.

tafer

You know what's hilarious? People are blaming the company, NOT THE FANS, for this outrage. This wouldn't have happened had there been less retarded fans.

From what I have been reading, no one exactly knows what the hell happened (angry parents?, angry fans?, overly PC policies on iTunes?, etc.), and those who know are keeping all the info for themselves.

tafer

I thought it was a few lousy fans who sent letters to hasbro.

That happened (and some parents write too, IIRC), but as usual, we are in the dark about what actually motivated the change. (Whatever it was It had to be quite relevant, considering that the change wasn't free)

UberTag

Wasn't expecting to find much of interest in here given the lack of a new episode this week and lo and behold I find out that I've missed out on Derpygate. Wild.

akira28

I hate the new Derpy voice. The old one was PEEEERRRRFECT. Perfect mix of dopiness and culpability. When she said my bad, you knew she felt bad because she was helplessly clumsy. Now it's needlessly bouncy, insincere, and really sort of on of my pet peeves in the way people say "my bad". Like...in an annoying happy way. Damn.

Do we know that the voice is even legit? Could be a Fan dub. It was a happy accident as far as I'm concerned how she did the voice the first time, it didn't sound like a male pony at all in my opinion, just a little 'alto'. They said they'll bring her back. Maybe the production company will leave her alone. I say focus on them. Ignore Hasbro, ignore the fans, and tell them to let the original voice and look stay. They've been listening.

McNum

Eh, I don't mind the new voice for Derpy, except that it seems a bit off in recording quality. This is pretty much how I thought she'd sound, anyway.

Now someone take Optimus Prime's "Oops, my bad" from Transformers 1 and dub that over Derpy's. Because, well, I don't know. Why not?

Cheerilee

Do we know that the voice is even legit? Could be a Fan dub.
Rainbow Dash's lines were also re-done. She definitely sounds like the real Ashleigh Ball, and not an impersonator, although she seems to have phoned in her lines and her re-recording doesn't sound quite as good as the original (which is to be expected).

I don't mind the new Derpy voice by itself (it's rather nice), but I don't think it fits the scene (it feels like the actress just delivered the lines with no context, and no input or feedback from a director, which is probably what happened). I'm mostly offended that they thought the other voice needed to be censored, that they censored Derpy's name, and that they censored Derpy's eyes.

So Derpy is no longer a well-meaning clutz but a psychopath? Those uncrossed eyes and completely unconcerned voice do not do that scene any favors.

$200

Banned
Unfortunatelly it is NOT fake. That's the iTunes version and i guess also the version that will air on reruns.

Some are saying it is only the iTune version that got changed as demanded by Apple. Hopefully we will get an official statement soon.

PBalfredo

Some are saying it is only the iTune version that got changed as demanded by Apple. Hopefully we will get an official statement soon.

I don't get why people think Apple is the one demanding changes. What do they care of the content of one episode of one of the gillion of programs they distribute? The change just occured only thus far on the iTunes version because digital distribution is much easier to "recall" than the DVDs which are likely already being printed off.

Theonik

Unfortunatelly it is NOT fake. That's the iTunes version and i guess also the version that will air on reruns.
I hope you're wrong and
They need to come clean soon. I want to know who I should throw metaphorical bricks to!

I think there's an over-reaction against Derpy being changed, seeing people on EqD comment about this is hilariously embarrassing. Be glad they didn't have to remove the scene it its entirety.

Yes, Derpy changed, vocal minority won, whatever. People need to stop getting so attached, I was sick of people arguing about Derpy a month ago and hearing about this not 20 minutes ago, sick of it again.

So I heard Derpy is a girl now.

Kinda shitty that the creators did a cool little shout out to the fans and were pressured to retract it.

But really, was anyone expecting a better outcome after the iTunes takedown?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom