• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

isamu
OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
(01-27-2012, 10:52 AM)

Originally Posted by dc89

I don't like the idea of buying a game with very little content and then having to buy the DLC to get a long play time out of the game.

If that's next-gen, I'm out.

Amen to that brother. Namco's smokin crack with this release.
m0dus
(01-27-2012, 10:54 AM)

Originally Posted by isamu

Amen to that brother. Namco's smokin crack with this release.

I'm sad to say the wipeout 2048 demo has more value as an actual game than RRVITA.
isamu
OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
(01-28-2012, 11:05 AM)

Originally Posted by m0dus

I'm sad to say the wipeout 2048 demo has more value as an actual game than RRVITA.

Yeah it's crazy. Does it run at 60fps? I'm intrigued.
Takao
Hello friend!
Have you heard the good news about Medabots?!
(01-28-2012, 12:48 PM)

Yeah it's crazy. Does it run at 60fps? I'm intrigued.

Both are 30fps. WipEout's like locked at 30fps, while Ridge Racer has frame drops IIRC.
$h@d0w
(02-25-2012, 09:04 AM)
A patch for Ridge Racer (1.03) was released recently. It's a 350MB+ download.

It now supports full English if your Vita is not set to Japanese and the frame rate has been "stabilised".

Also available are the first car and course DLC. Both car and course are free.
MANGOD
(02-25-2012, 09:11 AM)
I remember seeing a demo vid for this ages ago where on the title screen you could mess around with the music by touching the screen etc. Is this in the full game?
$h@d0w
(02-25-2012, 09:11 AM)
That demo is only available in the Japan PSN store.
isamu
(02-26-2012, 10:32 AM)

Originally Posted by $h@d0w

the frame rate has been "stabilised"..

Expand on this, please.
arbok26
(02-27-2012, 09:51 AM)
i don't mean to troll but I don't have a vita yet, and I've been playing ridge racer on the PSP as I never played it that much at launch - it still looks amazing and it's got 12 tracks (24 reversed).... i can't believe ridge racer vita has 3 tracks.... reminds me of the old days when arcade games have three tracks and that's all you would get on the home console version.
isamu
(02-27-2012, 02:18 PM)

Originally Posted by arbok26

i don't mean to troll but I don't have a vita yet, and I've been playing ridge racer on the PSP as I never played it that much at launch - it still looks amazing and it's got 12 tracks (24 reversed).... i can't believe ridge racer vita has 3 tracks.... reminds me of the old days when arcade games have three tracks and that's all you would get on the home console version.

Pick up the sequel, RR2 for PSP. One of if not THE best portable racing game....in history!
nofi
Banned for kicks
(02-27-2012, 02:21 PM)

Expand on this, please.

it's now a rock solid 30fps.
MadOdorMachine
No additional functions
(02-27-2012, 02:41 PM)

Pick up the sequel, RR2 for PSP. One of if not THE best portable racing game....in history!

What makes it so much better in your opinion? Also, PSP games are region free correct?
BassForever
(02-27-2012, 02:48 PM)
The idea of getting new ghost data and having yours uploaded every day isn't exactly new, Mario Kart 7 did that before Ridge Racer Vita and I'm sure if we look back many more games have done it.
isamu
(02-28-2012, 02:55 PM)

Originally Posted by MadOdorMachine

What makes it so much better in your opinion? Also, PSP games are region free correct?

It has the complete collection of tracks from Ridge Racer 1-4, and a couple from 5, unlike the first PSP game. This makes it a must have for Ridge Racer completists such as myself :)