• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Professor Beef
Banned
(02-25-2012, 07:29 AM)
The best thing about the Han/Greedo nonsense were people stretching like Dhalsim about how Han's entire character development over the span of three movies was ruined by one scene.
How About No
Banned
(02-25-2012, 07:29 AM)

Originally Posted by LumpOfCole

I am now especially happy I bought the iTunes version of Last Roundup before the change. I feel like I own a digital collector's item.

In years it'll be on the torrentz for thousands of dollars
Parfait
(02-25-2012, 07:34 AM)

Originally Posted by Link Man

LumpOfCole
Cereal Killer
(02-25-2012, 07:34 AM)

Originally Posted by How About No

In years it'll be on the torrentz for thousands of dollars

I'll get to show it to digital pawn starz and they'll bring in a pony expert to tell me it's worth at least 25 dollars.
Orcastar
(02-25-2012, 08:29 AM)

Originally Posted by Slamtastic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2CRjPO73Dg

Alright, that's it.

My Little Pony is over.

We had some good times.

Later guys, maybe we'll meet again someday.

I wouldn't mind if they just changed the voice (though I had no problem with her original voice), but removing her name and underping her eyes is just low.

I bet this will raise a much bigger shitstorm among bronies than her actual appearance did.
brian577
Banned
(02-25-2012, 08:55 AM)
Well the fandom has already found it's first target. This women was apparently pretty vocal about Derpy. Her Deviant Art page is currently under assault by angry bronies. I can't say I agree with this, but I suppose it's better than harassing Faust or one of the other creators.

http://yamino.deviantart.com/
Chuck
Still without luck
(02-25-2012, 08:59 AM)
This community really fucking sucks sometimes. Makes the "Love and Tolerate" mantra feel like a fucking lie.
brian577
Banned
(02-25-2012, 09:06 AM)

Originally Posted by ChuckNoLuck

This community really fucking sucks sometimes. Makes the "Love and Tolerate" mantra feel like a fucking lie.

It's human nature. Love and Tolerate sounds good in theory but it doesn't always work in practice. I'm still pretty pissed about the whole affair but I'm passed most of anger, I'm sure these people will get passed it too. The person being harassed actually doesn't seem to mind, earlier this month she commented on how she loved all the extra traffic due to her complaints about Derpy.
Songbird
Prodigal Son
(02-25-2012, 09:07 AM)
Phew, wi-fi. Just caught up with the news and I'm not going to respond to people individually because I'm already neglecting the chat and I don't want to make enemies, especially on Deviant Art. This isn't a tragedy and people really ought to stop treating it as such or as some weird act of censorship targeted at the fans. The character and the scene still exist - and will do for the future, so people flaming Yamino despite her history should just stop being asses.

Myself, I'm more concerned with anything happening to the team working on the show, not a fan name being snipped out on an iTunes download.

Who are you referring to here?

Originally Posted by Pandaman

is this your precious 'canon', forester?

where good and innocent ponies get carted away in the night and replaced?

I know you have this whole persona going on, but you sound like a real dimwit sometimes.

Originally Posted by Shadow Hog

Still, if you're miffed at the executive meddling here, welcome to my world. Season One wasn't this mishandled, was it?

And neither is this one.
brian577
Banned
(02-25-2012, 09:12 AM)
Comment from one of the animators.
http://kreoss.deviantart.com/journal/Derpy-287023334
Songbird
Prodigal Son
(02-25-2012, 09:16 AM)
It's a whole carnival of stupid!

Fandumb to the rescue.
Chuck
Still without luck
(02-25-2012, 09:20 AM)
Welcome back, Thnikk.

Originally Posted by Thnikkaman

Who are you referring to here?

I'm referring to what Brian posted about people assulting the woman's DA page, the nigh 1500 comments on the EqD post filled with people complaining, calling people who were for a voice change terrible names, the ponychan, reddit, 4chan threads doing the same.

All the bullshit you would hope our community would be above, and but would be very wrong.

edit: and death/bomb threats apparently
Songbird
Prodigal Son
(02-25-2012, 09:23 AM)

Welcome back, Thnikk.

I'm referring to what Brian posted about people assulting the woman's DA page, the nigh 1500 comments on the EqD post filled with people complaining, calling people who were for a voice change terrible names, the ponychan, reddit, 4chan threads doing the same.

All the bullshit you would hope our community would be above, and but would be very wrong

Aha, that makes sense. I see the journal of the guy working on the show and wonder if it'll make any difference. Sad that things had to change, but it's a whole lot of trouble over nothing IMO.

Ed: About the threats, guy's probably a troll.

And LZ drew a Jackle! <3
tafer
(02-25-2012, 10:27 AM)
Delicious drama on the interwebs!?
From a huge fandom!?

And about the topic in question, I'm surprised they actually took the time to "fix" the issue instead of the traditional: remove it and forget it.

On the other hand, it's quite disappointing that this problem was handled in such a way. Maybe, someday, people will understand that dialog and transparency are always the best damn tools to handle pretty much any issue.
Boss Doggie
all my loli wolf companions are so moe
(02-25-2012, 10:36 AM)
You know what's hilarious? People are blaming the company, NOT THE FANS, for this outrage. This wouldn't have happened had there been less retarded fans.
tafer
(02-25-2012, 10:44 AM)

Originally Posted by Ookami-kun

You know what's hilarious? People are blaming the company, NOT THE FANS, for this outrage. This wouldn't have happened had there been less retarded fans.

From what I have been reading, no one exactly knows what the hell happened (angry parents?, angry fans?, overly PC policies on iTunes?, etc.), and those who know are keeping all the info for themselves.
Boss Doggie
(02-25-2012, 10:47 AM)
I thought it was a few lousy fans who sent letters to hasbro.
tafer
(02-25-2012, 10:58 AM)

That happened (and some parents write too, IIRC), but as usual, we are in the dark about what actually motivated the change. (Whatever it was It had to be quite relevant, considering that the change wasn't free)
Link Man
Banned
(02-25-2012, 11:48 AM)
Chuck
Still without luck
(02-25-2012, 11:57 AM)

...seriously?
Boss Doggie
(02-25-2012, 12:27 PM)

...seriously?

Was using this thread for reference.
Songbird
Prodigal Son
(02-25-2012, 12:50 PM)
My thoughts on stuff like #savederpy are summed up well by netherlips/bmwn, someone I follow on tumblr. And a lot of the people still complained because the original voice wasn't what they approved of!

Just a taste.
UberTag
(02-25-2012, 01:04 PM)
Wasn't expecting to find much of interest in here given the lack of a new episode this week and lo and behold I find out that I've missed out on Derpygate. Wild.
Link Man
Banned
(02-25-2012, 01:17 PM)
Owlowiscious
(02-25-2012, 02:15 PM)
Cheerilee
(02-25-2012, 02:30 PM)
I find this Derpy censorship very unsettling, but I'm going to hold my anger until we find out who's responsible.
Captain Fish
(02-25-2012, 03:23 PM)
akira28
Banned
(02-25-2012, 03:26 PM)
I hate the new Derpy voice. The old one was PEEEERRRRFECT. Perfect mix of dopiness and culpability. When she said my bad, you knew she felt bad because she was helplessly clumsy. Now it's needlessly bouncy, insincere, and really sort of on of my pet peeves in the way people say "my bad". Like...in an annoying happy way. Damn.

Do we know that the voice is even legit? Could be a Fan dub. It was a happy accident as far as I'm concerned how she did the voice the first time, it didn't sound like a male pony at all in my opinion, just a little 'alto'. They said they'll bring her back. Maybe the production company will leave her alone. I say focus on them. Ignore Hasbro, ignore the fans, and tell them to let the original voice and look stay. They've been listening.
McNum
(02-25-2012, 03:42 PM)
Eh, I don't mind the new voice for Derpy, except that it seems a bit off in recording quality. This is pretty much how I thought she'd sound, anyway.

Now someone take Optimus Prime's "Oops, my bad" from Transformers 1 and dub that over Derpy's. Because, well, I don't know. Why not?
Cheerilee
(02-25-2012, 04:05 PM)

Originally Posted by akira28

Do we know that the voice is even legit? Could be a Fan dub.

Rainbow Dash's lines were also re-done. She definitely sounds like the real Ashleigh Ball, and not an impersonator, although she seems to have phoned in her lines and her re-recording doesn't sound quite as good as the original (which is to be expected).

I don't mind the new Derpy voice by itself (it's rather nice), but I don't think it fits the scene (it feels like the actress just delivered the lines with no context, and no input or feedback from a director, which is probably what happened). I'm mostly offended that they thought the other voice needed to be censored, that they censored Derpy's name, and that they censored Derpy's eyes.
Boss Doggie
(02-25-2012, 04:29 PM)
I wonder if you guys are allowed to make another thread after this?
Green Mamba
(02-25-2012, 05:17 PM)
So Derpy is no longer a well-meaning clutz but a psychopath? Those uncrossed eyes and completely unconcerned voice do not do that scene any favors.
Theonik
(02-25-2012, 05:48 PM)

Originally Posted by Slamtastic

http://www.gstatic.com/apps/gadgets/youtube/play.pnghttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2CRjPO73Dg

Alright, that's it.

My Little Pony is over.

We had some good times.

Later guys, maybe we'll meet again someday.

http://thingist.com/user_uploads/321362382768069762.gif

Please be fake... This has to be fake. It's too awful not to be fake.
How About No
Banned
(02-25-2012, 06:15 PM)

I wonder if you guys are allowed to make another thread after this?

What are you trying to say.

Did we not sacrifice enough human ponies to our protector EatChildren-lama-sama?

As for that redone Derpy part, I don't think I'll watch it. I'm a little too frightened to, actually D:
Bakphoon
(02-25-2012, 06:47 PM)

Originally Posted by Theonik

Please be fake... This has to be fake. It's too awful not to be fake.

Unfortunatelly it is NOT fake. That's the iTunes version and i guess also the version that will air on reruns.
akira28
Banned
(02-25-2012, 06:52 PM)
I want to complain. To whom do I complain about changin mah ponies?
$200
Banned
(02-25-2012, 07:30 PM)

Originally Posted by Bakphoon

Unfortunatelly it is NOT fake. That's the iTunes version and i guess also the version that will air on reruns.

Some are saying it is only the iTune version that got changed as demanded by Apple. Hopefully we will get an official statement soon.
CHEEZMO™
Obsidian fan
(02-25-2012, 07:41 PM)
FUCK YOU, HASBRO!

FUCK YOU, SHITTY FANDOM!

FUCK YOU, NEW DERPY!

FUCK EVERYTHING!!
Parfait
(02-25-2012, 08:15 PM)

Who is this pony and where can I get some more of her?
Shadow Hog
(02-25-2012, 08:15 PM)
I'd kind of like to know how exactly you get a tan through fur.
Rickenslacker
nothing's easy
nothing's too hard
(02-25-2012, 08:18 PM)
Derpy's been changed and there's no new episode today? Of all the worse things that could happen this is

PBalfredo
(02-25-2012, 08:19 PM)

Originally Posted by $200

Some are saying it is only the iTune version that got changed as demanded by Apple. Hopefully we will get an official statement soon.

I don't get why people think Apple is the one demanding changes. What do they care of the content of one episode of one of the gillion of programs they distribute? The change just occured only thus far on the iTunes version because digital distribution is much easier to "recall" than the DVDs which are likely already being printed off.
Theonik
(02-25-2012, 08:23 PM)

Originally Posted by Bakphoon

I hope you're wrong and

Originally Posted by $200

They need to come clean soon. I want to know who I should throw metaphorical bricks to!
Dark Phoenix
(02-25-2012, 08:53 PM)
I think there's an over-reaction against Derpy being changed, seeing people on EqD comment about this is hilariously embarrassing. Be glad they didn't have to remove the scene it its entirety.

Yes, Derpy changed, vocal minority won, whatever. People need to stop getting so attached, I was sick of people arguing about Derpy a month ago and hearing about this not 20 minutes ago, sick of it again.
Narag
(02-25-2012, 08:56 PM)
Just ban the ep. it's an AJ ep right? And nothing of value was lost.
TouchMyBox
(02-25-2012, 09:00 PM)
So I heard Derpy is a girl now.

Kinda shitty that the creators did a cool little shout out to the fans and were pressured to retract it.

But really, was anyone expecting a better outcome after the iTunes takedown?
Rickenslacker
nothing's easy
nothing's too hard
(02-25-2012, 09:19 PM)

Originally Posted by Narag

Just ban the ep. it's an AJ ep right? And nothing of value was lost.

Taiser
(02-25-2012, 09:22 PM)

why?
McNum
(02-25-2012, 09:43 PM)

Originally Posted by Taiser

why?

I like this drawing. Hair is difficult to shade right, but this pretty much shows how to make a mane like that look right.
DrForester
Kills Photobucket
(02-25-2012, 09:54 PM)

Originally Posted by Rickenslacker

Why me? She might not be my favorite, but im nice to AJ. She's adorable.