• TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Aeana
Medal Princess
(02-24-2012, 12:43 AM)

Originally Posted by Jucksalbe

How did I not know this in the FFVFJF?

One of the many reasons why blue magic is ridiculous in FF5.
Dark Schala
Eloquent Princess
(02-24-2012, 12:47 AM)

Originally Posted by Jucksalbe

Do you usually fight every monster along the way? Because of the amount of enemies I think the volcano level is actually worse.

Retreating is for the weak! :lol

Yeah, I'm fighting all of them. I think I don't mind the Volcano much because I enjoy the atmosphere better and I can waste all the seeds I want to so I can get through battles faster. I don't use seeds until I can buy them by the bucketful in Fireburg, so the Ice dungeons are so long and boring for me.
Johnas
(02-24-2012, 12:47 AM)
Made quite a bit of progress through FFII today, currently at the Tropical Isle looking for the Black Mask.

This game is great, I really shouldn't have put off playing it for so long. Anybody who hasn't given the game a fair shake, I highly recommend you try it again. Once you understand the basics of the leveling system, it's a blast to play.

I am not exploiting the game, and it really isn't all that difficult at all. Hopefully I don't run head first into a brick wall after typing that.
Natetan
(02-24-2012, 05:37 AM)
whew! glad we're on a new page. the last one was a bit image heavy. i thought it was because i was using the smartphone 'app' site, but even on a normal PC it took quite awhile to finish scooting everything around.

I think that FFII and FFV are the most replayable in the series. Can't put my finger on why...
Cyan
Purple Drazi
(02-24-2012, 05:44 AM)

Originally Posted by HiddenWings

You know, this lets play was posted in the thread already. I realize that performing that glitch is impractical at best, but it's sequence breaking at its finest.

Yes!

Seriously doodz, I know glitches don't sound that exciting, but this is some awesome stuff. You gotta check it out.
charlequin
Loving Husband. Caring Moderator. Secret Octopus.
(02-24-2012, 06:06 AM)

Originally Posted by Natetan

I think that FFII and FFV are the most replayable in the series. Can't put my finger on why...

V's got that "and this time I'll try this job combination!" thing going for it, but ehhn, I dunno. I've probably played FF6 as much as the next three highest put together :P
FrontalMonk
(02-24-2012, 06:27 AM)
*phew* made a lot of progress today in my FFVI playthrough, got to the floating continent, realized I was pretty underlevelled, ran from pretty much everything after wiping a few times, and then jumped on the airship and peaced the hell out.

flew back to the esper meeting cave on crescent island and ground up my levels and my spells some, then came back with Celes, Cyan, and Locke and just completely wrecked everything. stole a genji glove from a dragon, got the hardened knife from the monster-in-a-box, and even took down atma weapon without losing anyone.

Kefka booted Gestahl off the island, and started blowing everything up, so I rolled outta there, but had to give my boy Shadow some time to get out. Frankly, I hate shadow so much in this playthrough because he's almost never in my party, so he's chronically underlevelled. Even still, I had enough skeins to throw at people so he was still pretty worthwhile and I look forward to picking him up in the WoR.

Speaking of WoR, so Celes wakes up a year later, starts calling Cid grandpa, and I have to run back and forth to get fish like 80 times to feed this guy, and he STILL died! :( :( :(

After Celes failed at suicide, I got a raft, so that's pretty cool. Took it to albrook, talked to people, and heard about people who haven't given up on life yet. Sounds like party members to me! Run up to Tzen, walking right past Vect--er, Kefka's Tower, and with Sabin's help, saved a kid from a collapsing building, helping myself to all the goodies within. I'm such a mercenary.

This is my first time actually getting to the world of ruin, so the game has gotten significantly more interesting for me now. I might even update on the regular now that I've gotten this far!
Suairyu
Banned
(02-24-2012, 06:35 AM)
Every now and again I pop into this thread to post a new song you guys quite possibly haven't heard so I'm just going to leave this one here.
Cyan
Purple Drazi
(02-24-2012, 06:43 AM)

Originally Posted by FrontalMonk

*phew* made a lot of progress today in my FFVI playthrough, got to the floating continent, realized I was pretty underlevelled, ran from pretty much everything after wiping a few times, and then jumped on the airship and peaced the hell out.

flew back to the esper meeting cave on crescent island and ground up my levels and my spells some, then came back with Celes, Cyan, and Locke and just completely wrecked everything. stole a genji glove from a dragon, got the hardened knife from the monster-in-a-box, and even took down atma weapon without losing anyone.

Kefka booted Gestahl off the island, and started blowing everything up, so I rolled outta there, but had to give my boy Shadow some time to get out. Frankly, I hate shadow so much in this playthrough because he's almost never in my party, so he's chronically underlevelled. Even still, I had enough skeins to throw at people so he was still pretty worthwhile and I look forward to picking him up in the WoR.

Speaking of WoR, so Celes wakes up a year later, starts calling Cid grandpa, and I have to run back and forth to get fish like 80 times to feed this guy, and he STILL died! :( :( :(

After Celes failed at suicide, I got a raft, so that's pretty cool. Took it to albrook, talked to people, and heard about people who haven't given up on life yet. Sounds like party members to me! Run up to Tzen, walking right past Vect--er, Kefka's Tower, and with Sabin's help, saved a kid from a collapsing building, helping myself to all the goodies within. I'm such a mercenary.

This is my first time actually getting to the world of ruin, so the game has gotten significantly more interesting for me now. I might even update on the regular now that I've gotten this far!

Hey, awesome! Glad you made it through.

The WoB->WoR transition is one of the most striking first to second half changes in any game. Not just in terms of story, tone, and so on, but in the way the game unfolds. Great stuff.

Enjoy!
Cheesemeister
(02-24-2012, 06:58 AM)

The trick is to feed him the fast, healthy fish.
Cyan
Purple Drazi
(02-24-2012, 08:07 AM)

Originally Posted by Cheesemeister

The trick is to feed him the fast, healthy fish.

Well sure, if you want the alternate universe storyline in which Cid miraculously survives. Everyone knows the canon storyline is the one where Celes tries to kill herself. ;)
Natetan
(02-24-2012, 10:02 AM)

I suddenly have the urge to grind the cursed shield into the paladin shield on the solitary island. Memories...
BocoDragon
Banned
(02-24-2012, 10:06 AM)

Originally Posted by Natetan

I suddenly have the urge to grind the cursed shield into the paladin shield on the solitary island. Memories...

That jogs my memory... I remember people used to rumor that you could level the Cursed Ring into a Paladin Ring or something... but that was BS right?

I remember back in the day, there was the FFVI "FWAK" with all kinds of BS rumors. Oh, early internet, I miss you....
Professor Beef
holds a doctorate in beef
(02-24-2012, 10:08 AM)

Originally Posted by BocoDragon

That jogs my memory... I remember people used to rumor that you could level the Cursed Ring into a Paladin Ring or something... but that was BS right?

I remember back in the day, there was the FFVI "FWAK" with all kinds of BS rumors. Oh, early internet, I miss you....

You'd be wasting your time with the Cursed Ring, yes.
Natetan
(02-24-2012, 11:24 AM)

Originally Posted by BocoDragon

Don't know about the ring, but the cursed shield/paladin shield is very real!

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Hero's_Shield

http://www.gamefaqs.com/snes/554041-...iii/faqs/11570

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42ccxuFrtp0
Kadey
Mrs. Harvey
(02-24-2012, 11:29 AM)
I always thought Sabin and Celes would make a good couple. They would have cute badass kungfu kids with magical powers.
Ainaurdur
(02-24-2012, 05:35 PM)

Why wait? That's a few months off at least.

I don't want to risk too much goodness! Actually I'd fear possible burnout playing the game twice in a row, relatively close together.

And I have plenty of other games to play between now and the FFV FJF 2012.
FrontalMonk
(02-24-2012, 06:11 PM)

Originally Posted by Kadey

I always thought Sabin and Celes would make a good couple. They would have cute badass kungfu kids with magical powers.

mini update on this note...so I've got Sabin, went to Mobliz and talked to Terra and got pissed when she wouldn't come with, then went to Nikeah and ran into "Garad". And this is where my suspension of disbelief snapped.

I know this is a 15+ year old game we're talking about, and I know that it's revolutionary enough to have most characters in the World of Ruin be optional...but if you decide to get Sabin, then talk to "Garad", how is it that he pointedly talks only to Celes, and denies being Edgar, when his TWIN BROTHER is RIGHT THERE. Come on, Square. You can do better.
Electivirus
(02-24-2012, 06:15 PM)
Just bought V Advance, so I can get started on that this weekend. :D

As for my After Years playthrough, it's alright so far. The moon mechanic is mildly annoying. Ended up having my attack weakened during a big boss sequence >.>
Psxphile
(02-24-2012, 11:43 PM)

mini update on this note...so I've got Sabin, went to Mobliz and talked to Terra and got pissed when she wouldn't come with, then went to Nikeah and ran into "Garad". And this is where my suspension of disbelief snapped.

I know this is a 15+ year old game we're talking about, and I know that it's revolutionary enough to have most characters in the World of Ruin be optional...but if you decide to get Sabin, then talk to "Garad", how is it that he pointedly talks only to Celes, and denies being Edgar, when his TWIN BROTHER is RIGHT THERE. Come on, Square. You can do better.

It never really bothered me. Eventually Edgar comes clean and Sabin remarks how they were both being ignored, but... yeah. Seems odd that he doesn't call him out. I used to think that the brothers had a sort of understanding with each other and Sabin knew Edgar was playing the fool for a reason, so he held back so as to not blow his cover. But again... yeah. It's mostly because Sabin is optional.

Also: were they twins? Brothers yes, but I understood that Sabin was the younger one.
FrontalMonk
(02-25-2012, 12:09 AM)

Originally Posted by Psxphile

It never really bothered me. Eventually Edgar comes clean and Sabin remarks how they were both being ignored, but... yeah. Seems odd that he doesn't call him out. I used to think that the brothers had a sort of understanding with each other and Sabin knew Edgar was playing the fool for a reason, so he held back so as to not blow his cover. But again... yeah. It's mostly because Sabin is optional.

Also: were they twins? Brothers yes, but I understood that Sabin was the younger one.

I thought they were both 27 when the game started. Could be wrong. That said, I've gotten past that point now and yeah, I've gotten over it. In the moment though, I'm just like "Come ON!"
Natetan
(02-25-2012, 12:16 AM)
That's actually one of my favorite parts. He denyies being Edgar just long enough to make you doubt. Plus the sprite is different too. Then you fight the monster in the castle underground. Awesome. Plus it's all via caves that exist in the world before which is quite clever I think.
Aeana
Medal Princess
(02-25-2012, 01:33 AM)
I couldn't find a code online to enable the B button dash at any time in the SFC version of FF5, so I made one myself. Back to adventure!
Aeana
Medal Princess
(02-25-2012, 02:21 AM)

So after getting the jobs from the wind shrine, we go to Tule to get the canal key from Zokk, who had previously lied to Lenna, saying he doesn't have it. Liar. So we go to the canal, and Galuf's like wtfman (I always thought it was funny how Lenna doesn't react in this scene), and then we go fight the boss.

Oh nooo, whirlpool and boss. White mages critting for 108 with bare fists, yay.

Noooo, Syldraaaaa. :( We wake up in the ship graveyard.

I'm still not exactly sure what happens in this scene. I'd love to see it in a 3D remake. Do they actually tear Faris's shirt off to find out that she's a woman, or what? Either way, she's not having any of that.

This battle ended before she even transformed. All I did was physically attack with 4x white mages who know the monk's "barehanded" ability. I shouldn't have even bothered to change jobs, but I figured I'd do it for tradition's sake.
Locke_211
(02-25-2012, 04:26 PM)
Agh, I bought a cheap PSP today because of this thread. I was seduced by the remakes of FF1 and 2. Playing through 1 already and it looks gorgeous - such a loving remaster and I love how right by the first town it teases you with a new cave you can't get into yet. Also ordered Crisis Core since I know literally nothing about it and saw that the reviews were surprisingly good.

Looks like 6 is the only one of the first 9 you can't play on the PSP yet?
Jucksalbe
(02-25-2012, 05:32 PM)

Originally Posted by Locke_211

I think the PSX version of 6 is on PSN, so you can play that, too. The only version you can't play is 3.
HiddenWings
(02-25-2012, 05:34 PM)

Originally Posted by Locke_211

Barring emulation, I don't think you can play 3 on the PSP. I also recommend the Advance version of 5 if you're going to play it in English.

Speaking of...

After barrier tower is supposed to be Ghido's cave, but now that I have the submarine it's time for a detour. In a normal game, Moore contains the -aga spells, and black mages peak in power here. I pick up better armor and a full set of air knives, which will come in handy a bit later.

Residents of Moore tell you about this cave that leads to a forest that contains a summon as a random encounter. Miss it here, and it's gone forever. It's kind of expensive, but I now have my first non-level-based instant death spell.

Ok, Death Claw might as well be an instant death spell. (Blue mages are SO GOOD in this game.)

Ghido's cave is somewhat annoying, the most common enemy is this thing that has too much HP. They do drop a very useful staff, which when used as an item in battle casts Holy. (!!!) My party has no staff users. I think they can also use Aeroga, but I'm not sticking around long enough to see it.

Ghido is one of the game's more amusing characters, and the party's reaction to him is equally amusing.

Following Ghido's advice, the forest of Moore it is.

More blue magic to be had here, although I've never found a use for this one. Getting it to hit the right party member was a bit annoying.

About 75% of the way through the forest, this happens. If you want the Aegis shield (hint: you want the Aegis shield) you have to grab it while the fire's going on. If you grab it after, you get a flame shield, which is good, but much less generally useful.

Boss time: Crystal x4
You'd think they'd remember to make bosses immune to important spells like Death Claw. If you have a samurai, the instant death slash works on them too. First things first: Identify the air crystal.

Death Claw then attack the other three to kill them in two hits.

Death Claw the air crystal, get hit by Aeroga, kill it.

Forest complete, and Krile saves the party for the third time.
Kinyou
(02-25-2012, 05:41 PM)
FF IX was really a blast to play through. It reminded me of Golden Sun (basically the only JRPG I played before) but the story was just that much bigger and the setpieces far more impressive. I was surprised how much I could enjoy a game from the PS1 era. Thanks again to the guy who recommended it to me.

I think some time in the future I'll buy FF7 or FF8 though I'm not sure since I heard negative stuff about both. Maybe going back to one of the 2D ones would be even better.
StuBurns
Banned
(02-25-2012, 05:43 PM)

Originally Posted by Kinyou

FF IX was really a blast to play through. It reminded me of Golden Sun (basically the only JRPG I played before) but the story was just that much bigger and the setpieces far more impressive. I was surprised how much I could enjoy a game from the PS1 era. Thanks again to the guy who recommended it to me.

I think some time in the future I'll buy FF7 or FF8 though I'm not sure since I heard negative stuff about both. Maybe going back to one of the 2D ones would be even better.

Get 6, if you have a GBA around, get that version. I promise you greatness.
Aeana
Medal Princess
(02-25-2012, 05:46 PM)
We were talking about FF6 last night while I was in the middle of FF5, and the conversation eventually ended up with me starting FF6 while he watched. I guess I'll get back to FF5 after 6, since this is only the second time he's ever taken interest in an RPG.

Sadly, I've taken very few screenshots, so I have little to report except that I'm up to the phantom train at the moment.
Roubjon
(02-25-2012, 05:46 PM)

This makes me sad. But you should definitely check out FF7 and FF8. Anything negative you have heard about them can't be worse than the bad things people say about FF9.
Ourobolus
Keeper of the Book
(02-25-2012, 06:35 PM)
Beat FF2 last night! This is my first time with the Blood Sword, so damn I was surprised how quickly the Emperor went down.

Now, back to FFXIII-2 and FFI!
Kinyou
(02-25-2012, 06:44 PM)

Originally Posted by Roubjon

This makes me sad. But you should definitely check out FF7 and FF8. Anything negative you have heard about them can't be worse than the bad things people say about FF9.

I forgot that my experience was a little tarnished through the bad framerate during the fights. It was only recently that I discovered that it wasn't meant to be that way. Apparently did the PS3 either a really bad job at emulating it or it had something to do with the PAL version. So when I meant" for a PS1 game" I actually meant "for a game with such a bad framerate"; I did the PS1 a little injustice there, my bad.

btw. Does maybe someone know where those issues came from? Or maybe if other ports are know to have issues as well?
Last edited by Kinyou; 02-25-2012 at 06:48 PM.
HiddenWings
(02-25-2012, 06:56 PM)

Originally Posted by Aeana

We were talking about FF6 last night while I was in the middle of FF5, and the conversation eventually ended up with me starting FF6 while he watched. I guess I'll get back to FF5 after 6, since this is only the second time he's ever taken interest in an RPG.

Sadly, I've taken very few screenshots, so I have little to report except that I'm up to the phantom train at the moment.

Hey, this means I might actually finish FF5 before you.
Aeana
Medal Princess
(02-25-2012, 07:06 PM)

Hey, this means I might actually finish FF5 before you.

Prove it--!
HiddenWings
(02-25-2012, 07:09 PM)

Originally Posted by Aeana

Prove it--!

It's finals week here in this backwards part of the world, so I'll have to prove it some time further in the future unfortunately.
Octorockin'
(02-25-2012, 08:21 PM)

Originally Posted by Suairyu

Every now and again I pop into this thread to post a new song you guys quite possibly haven't heard so I'm just going to leave this one here.

Very nice. It's a different, but fun arrangement, and the ethereal vocals and piano are beautiful.

That also got me clicking around Yotube until I found Final Fantasy IV's Theme of Love arranged by Uyama Hiroto. It's crazy good!

Edit: Right now, I have three Final Fantasy games on my plate: VI, X, and XIII-2. I restarted my VI save since I unwittingly let Shadow die, but this is a great game. There are so many brilliant moments like the famous opera scene, exploring the forest leading into the phantom train, and Setzer's backstory before getting the new airship. I would have liked it if the characters talked to each other more, but the character development that is present is good.

X's intro was impressive, and it's story gets interesting in no time. I'm only up to Kilika Forest though. Anyway, the sphere grid seems interesting, and my favorite part of the battle system is freely changing party members on the fly. That's really cool.

And XIII-2, I just haven't started yet.
Last edited by Octorockin'; 02-25-2012 at 08:35 PM.
Entropia
Amir0x Remembers
(02-25-2012, 08:33 PM)
Finally beat FF2 today after not playing it earlier this week... onto FF7 now. I may sprinkle in some FF3 DS play as well
Cyan
Purple Drazi
(02-25-2012, 11:13 PM)
Previously on Final Fantasy NES, we went to the ocean floor in a submarine, met the mermaid from Splash, and killed one of the Fiends.

We also found a mysterious Slab, which this dude can translate. (And if you're wondering... yes. That's all he ever says about it. "Now, listen to me..." "Yes?" "Good work killing the Earth Fiend a month ago!" "WTF?")

Anyway, now that we can understand the Lefeinish people, we're gonna head over to Lefeinia or whatever. We have to walk about a mile because they can't even keep a simple landing field open. Advanced tech my ass.

But they do give us a means of entry into our next goal, the Mirage Tower!

They also let us know that their warriors are wandering around as bats... all right then.

We arrive at the Mirage Tower!

Where we loot some treasures...

...fight bad mans and evil mans...

and... Goddamnit.

Road trip!

Half an hour later...

We finally chase down Howl's Moving Castle!

We meet old friends and find some nifty items. Mwahaha.

We go up, and up, and...

Hey, nifty!

And at last, we reach the top. What dastardly Fiend awaits us here?

Oh my! Surely this will be a terrifying battle of great difficulty!

(first round)

Or not. So, funny thing about Tiamat. Most bosses are immune to instant-death spells, making those spells basically useless (because why bother on ordinary enemies). But Tiamat is famously vulnerable to Bane. Some kind of poison-smoke allergy.

So, yeah. That was kind of anticlimactic.

And we're 3 for 4. Next time: the last orb.

P.S.
A less funny thing about Final Fantasy NES. You know how Potions are pretty useful healing items? You know how sometimes you want to buy them? Here's how it works.

Press A, wait a couple seconds.

Press A, wait a couple seconds...

What's that? You say you want 99 of these things?

ell oh ell
Bladenic
(02-25-2012, 11:37 PM)
I'm off to Mysidia in FF2. This game is so underrated. It's really fun, and I like the level up system just fine. Not to mention the iOS version is beautiful. The sprites are great, especially some of the enemy and boss ones. And finally, the music is really good too. I love the boss theme, so good. As soon as I finish this one, I'll try to finish 7 before Tales of Graces f releases. Then all I have left before I can say I beat the whole series is 5 and 6.
Natetan
(02-26-2012, 12:27 AM)
Ah yes the potion buying in ff1. I had my nes advantage on turbo with the button taped down to handle that
Aeana
Medal Princess
(02-26-2012, 01:01 AM)
Just about to go into the sealed cave in FF6. Got my gaia gear and the chickenlip rage and will steamroll everything for a while now~
HiddenWings
(02-26-2012, 04:48 AM)
After the Forest of Moore, all that's left on this world is Exdeath's castle!

Or at least, that's the theory. I'm going to take advantage of several methods of money-making that are available to me here.

This one you know about:

This one you might not: There's a cave near Castle Bal that contains the following dead end:

Normally, the next step results in an encounter with the Gil Turtle. This undead monstrosity absorbs all elements except ice (which it's weak to) and holy (which it's immune to). Beating this thing is a mark of pride in the FJF. I can damage it with requiem, but lack the defenses to keep my party members alive. The back attack certainly didn't help.

Through some trickery, it's possible to get through this path without getting attacked. The doubling stops at 40960 gil.

With the money to buy the things I know I'll want in the near future, it's time to head to Exdeath's castle.

Filled with lava and traps, this place is evil-looking enough to qualify as a final dungeon. The important summon Carbuncle is found here.

Carbuncle is one of those bosses that has two modes but doesn't tell you that a change has occurred. The first mode casts offensive magic on himself, reflecting it to the party. The second mode casts curative magic on himself and horribly destructive spells on the party. The second mode is also vulnerable to being instantly killed in a number of ways. (I went with Firaga sword last year.)

Right after that, I run into an old friend.

Gilgamesh v4 really likes his blue magic, but is pretty straightforward, especially using the air knives, new summon, and new magic I just got all at once.

The tradition of stealing the Genji equipment continues here, but my party still has no way to do that. This form gives you a limited amount of time to grab the Genji Helm.

Next time: The big bad guy.
Aeana
Medal Princess
(02-26-2012, 06:13 AM)

:(
Lindsay
Dot Hacked
(02-26-2012, 06:21 AM)
So I been wondering about this for awhile now since this thread started but how comes in all them older FFs even the fodder-est of monsters are way bigger an way more detailed than the party members? Was it just to keep them in line with their field sprites?

Originally Posted by Cyan

Also: that dude looks like he's straight outta Zelda 2.
Natetan
(02-26-2012, 06:37 AM)

Originally Posted by Lindsay

So I been wondering about this for awhile now since this thread started but how comes in all them older FFs even the fodder-est of monsters are way bigger an way more detailed than the party members? Was it just to keep them in line with their field sprites?

Also: that dude looks like he's straight outta Zelda 2.

I think the post job change sprites in ff1 NES look AWESOME. I wish they would have used that 'nostalgia' in the later series instead of the cutesy white/black Mage chibi big headed other characters.
Heropon
(02-26-2012, 01:28 PM)
I've just beaten Garuda in FF3. I hate how the only thing you can do is jump before it attacks and land after its turn. Refia and Arc landed too soon and went straight to the graveyard.
Goron2000
best junior ever
(02-26-2012, 01:41 PM)

I forgot that my experience was a little tarnished through the bad framerate during the fights. It was only recently that I discovered that it wasn't meant to be that way. Apparently did the PS3 either a really bad job at emulating it or it had something to do with the PAL version. So when I meant" for a PS1 game" I actually meant "for a game with such a bad framerate"; I did the PS1 a little injustice there, my bad.

btw. Does maybe someone know where those issues came from? Or maybe if other ports are know to have issues as well?

If you can i'd get a US account. i'm not 100% on this but i'm pretty sure that PAL games still run at 50hz on the PS3 which means they run at a slower rate. I use a US account anyway so again not 100%, if someone could confirm this that would be helpful.
Ultratech
(02-26-2012, 04:54 PM)
Minor FF2 Update:
-After completing the Wild Goose Chase of Ultima, most of the world get whacked by the Cyclone.
-Got Blood Sword! Final Boss never would stand a chance anyways.
-Got the Wyvern and flew up in the Cyclone. I found it kinda funny they changed up the first couple of floors for the remakes. (The original had you right outside the cyclone or something before entering the actual fortress part.)
-After lots of Royal Guard and Wood Golem genocide, the Emperor falls like a foolish fool.
-After what seems like a few minutes, (seriously, HOW long did it take the Party to get back?) we get a notice that Leon (Lion) is now calling himself Emperor. Guess we gotta go knock him down a notch or two.
-Ripper knife is OP. The 2nd slash does like 20 x # of Hits. Hilariously useful versus high Defense enemies. And does crazy good damage on its own. (It's gotta be effective vs some enemy type I imagine.)

Slightly off-topic, I found out that Alundra was created by Matrix. Also found out why the FF3 and FF4 remakes were so hard. Turns out the president LOVES hard games (which is why Alundra was as hard as it was).

Originally Posted by Heropon

I've just beaten Garuda in FF3. I hate how the only thing you can do is jump before it attacks and land after its turn. Refia and Arc landed too soon and went straight to the graveyard.

Yeah, that fight is a bitch no matter the version. Doesn't take too much to screw up even if you are doing the fight right.
Aeana
Medal Princess
(02-26-2012, 05:10 PM)
Is FF3 DS really considered difficult? I find it easier than the Famicom version, which is already fairly easy.