• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

PixyJunket
(02-25-2012, 06:08 PM)

Originally Posted by angelfly

Special gold pants Iwata. Haven't heard of any previous cases of Nintendo simulating via it the net so I thought it was interesting.

More like SpotPass Plaza, right?

Wow, that's pretty cool, if only because it gives some sort of chance for obtaining the gold pants achievements.
enishi
(02-25-2012, 06:17 PM)
The Iwata Streetpass is for celebration of 3DS Japan 1st anniversary.

He is a Level 5 Mii and has all puzzles.
slaughterking
(02-25-2012, 06:21 PM)

Originally Posted by whalleywhat

I just found out you can get doubles when you buy puzzle pieces with play coins and now I hate life.

There's even an achievement for getting three doubles in a row.

And gold pants Iwata is pretty cool. Hope Europe is getting that, too.
MegaByte
(02-25-2012, 06:31 PM)
Sounds like the same one from E3.
sakipon
(02-25-2012, 06:55 PM)
Hey, pretty cool. I kind of wish you could label and sort Miis in the plaza though.

Originally Posted by angelfly

Also last game he played was Mario Kart 7.

I bet he just launches Mario Kart in order to replace the Love Plus icon.
SmithnCo
(02-26-2012, 12:48 AM)

Originally Posted by PixyJunket

More like SpotPass Plaza, right?

Wow, that's pretty cool, if only because it gives some sort of chance for obtaining the gold pants achievements.

Speaking of gold pants, I just found out you can scan QR codes to get gold pants Miis.

I already scanned these: http://poparma.com/news/tgs-exclusiv...-mii-qr-codes/

Anyone know of any other special Miis floating around with QR codes?
creid
(02-26-2012, 04:16 AM)

Originally Posted by massoluk

God damnit.
I'm doing something VERY WRONG.

Oh geez. I Streetpassed massoluk today.
RPG Wizard
(02-26-2012, 04:28 AM)

Originally Posted by SmithnCo

Speaking of gold pants, I just found out you can scan QR codes to get gold pants Miis.

I already scanned these: http://poparma.com/news/tgs-exclusiv...-mii-qr-codes/

Anyone know of any other special Miis floating around with QR codes?

If you're in the US, you can only get the 4 Resident Evil Revelations Miis. And as they don't go through the gate, they don't count for the accomplishment.
Lucent
(02-26-2012, 04:30 AM)

Originally Posted by Stormwatch

What are you guys carrying your 3DS around in? It's not exactly small enough to fit in a pants pocket.

Mine fits in my front jean pocket. =/ But I usually carry my keys and wallet there and my phone on the other side. I don't like keeping stuff in my back pockets. Cuz then you gotta pull that stuff out when you sit down. Also I'm afraid someone might try to grab stuff from there...yeah...I'm paranoid. =l
SmithnCo
(02-26-2012, 04:38 AM)

Originally Posted by RPG Wizard

If you're in the US, you can only get the 4 Resident Evil Revelations Miis. And as they don't go through the gate, they don't count for the accomplishment.

Aw, in that case, there's one seemingly useless achievement I'll never get.
gatotsu911
I have a dream,
that one day white people will be able to say the N-word without fear
(02-26-2012, 06:24 AM)
A while back I got a StreetPass tag from a guy from a country I didn't even know existed.
Tyeforce
(02-26-2012, 07:19 AM)

Originally Posted by gatotsu911

A while back I got a StreetPass tag from a guy from a country I didn't even know existed.

Lemme guess, Anguilla? Yeah, it's because it's the first country on the list alphabetically, and lazy people who don't give a shit about anything just choose it as their country. It's those same type of people who don't even bother to capitalize their Mii name, if they even bother to make a Mii that is. >.>
Cheesemeister
(02-26-2012, 03:35 PM)
New panel time! A piece of a new panel for Kid Icarus: Uprising has been delivered via SpotPass, at least in Japan.
Chopper
(02-26-2012, 03:45 PM)

Originally Posted by Cheesemeister

New panel time! A piece of a new panel for Kid Icarus: Uprising has been delivered via SpotPass, at least in Japan.

This new panel was previously unavailable? So they can add puzzles via Spotpass, rather an waiting for a firmware update? That's cool.

Esit: Ooh nice. I got one too here in the UK. Wasn't pink though. :(
Last edited by Chopper; 02-26-2012 at 04:02 PM.
jokkir
(02-26-2012, 04:02 PM)
I got the new panel here in Canada!

I still need to complete the other ones ;__;
Javier
(02-26-2012, 04:11 PM)
Yeah, I got the Kid Icarus one too! Amazing!

Did anyone get a different panel? The notice made it sound that there were more than one new panels.
Chopper
(02-26-2012, 04:15 PM)

Originally Posted by Javier

Yeah, I got the Kid Icarus one too! Amazing!

Did anyone get a different panel? The notice made it sound that there were more than one new panels.

I don't think so at the moment. But to me, it suggested that the ability to be sent new puzzles via Spotpass is a feature that has started today. No reason they shouldn't do this for every major first pay game release, at least.
SmithnCo
(02-26-2012, 04:25 PM)

Wow, nice to see them adding stuff on short notice like like. Hopefully they can keep streetpass content coming for a while.
MatthewB92
(02-26-2012, 04:34 PM)
Did you say more Puzzles?!?!? Next thing you know they will add a hat!!!!
Cheesemeister
(02-26-2012, 04:52 PM)

Originally Posted by MatthewB92

Did you say more Puzzles?!?!? Next thing you know they will add a hat!!!!

MatthewB92
(02-26-2012, 04:57 PM)

HATS!
weird
(02-26-2012, 05:05 PM)
I just got the new puzzle via spotpass! Cool beans!

also the massage sounded like it would happen more often.

so europe got it too!
MatthewB92
(02-26-2012, 05:12 PM)
Why are there so many pink pieces :(
Meikiyou
(02-26-2012, 05:15 PM)
Man i hope they do this more frequently! Where i live i never met anyone with a 3DS, so i have to waggle my console to get those damn coins and buy my pieces
Last edited by Meikiyou; 02-26-2012 at 05:48 PM.
Robin64
(02-26-2012, 05:21 PM)
I'm in Europe and don't have this new panel. Seems odd that everyone gets these things in such a staggered manner.

Edit: That'll teach me. I opened up the 3DS, closed it, then the light came on. Tch.
Last edited by Robin64; 02-26-2012 at 05:27 PM.
Zebra
(02-26-2012, 05:23 PM)
I think we can expect a new puzzle panel for every big nintendo release now. Mario Tennis next?
vatstep
This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
(02-26-2012, 05:55 PM)
I guess that's what the SpotPass option in StreetPass Mii Plaza is all about then, right (getting new panels and perhaps pieces without having to actually StreetPass with someone)? Maybe that's been obvious for a while — I haven't been keeping up with this thread — but I remember it was unclear when the system update came out.
slaughterking
(02-26-2012, 05:56 PM)
Yeah, I got the new panel, too. I also spent some coins to get more pieces for it. :3
A Human Becoming
(02-26-2012, 06:02 PM)
I sub at elementary schools and a middle school. Here's my stats so far:

1st elementary school: 1 day, 1 street pass.
Middle school: 6 days, no street passes.
2nd elementary school: 2 days, 5 street passes.

12 to 15-year-olds don't like 3DS confirmed.

EDIT: The middle school has 1,000 kids in it. I did lunch duty at least twice too.
Last edited by A Human Becoming; 02-26-2012 at 06:07 PM.
MatthewB92
(02-26-2012, 06:11 PM)

Originally Posted by A Human Becoming

EDIT: The middle school has 1,000 kids in it. I did lunch duty at least twice too.

I would walk past the lockers. That would be better.
A Human Becoming
(02-26-2012, 06:15 PM)

I would walk past the lockers. That would be better.

I walk a fair amount around the schools. I'm not going to getting real close to the lockers. I want to get my street passes naturally!
Javier
(02-26-2012, 06:17 PM)
I hope Nintendo allows for 3rd Parties to get into the act with this. I want Rayman Origins, Rhythm Thief and Layton Vs. Phoenix panels.
SmithnCo
(02-26-2012, 06:19 PM)
I would kill for Phoenix Wright hair for my Mii.
Greymanic
(02-26-2012, 08:36 PM)
Have most people in Europe received the new puzzle piece? I'm starting to think I've got an issue with spotpass since I haven't received it or the Zelda message from a few days ago. Anyone got any ideas?

EDIT: And as I hit enter I got the puzzle piece...bloody Nintendo ninjas.
Last edited by Greymanic; 02-26-2012 at 08:39 PM.
Croc
(02-26-2012, 08:45 PM)

Originally Posted by Greymanic

Have most people in Europe received the new puzzle piece? I'm starting to think I've got an issue with spotpass since I haven't received it or the Zelda message from a few days ago. Anyone got any ideas?

EDIT: And as I hit enter I got the puzzle piece...bloody Nintendo ninjas.

I was having the same trouble with the Zelda message but then I realized I hadn't unlocked the unlockable stationary option within swapnote already. As soon as I unlocked it (by just sending one more message) I received the message and was able to get the new stationary.
Greymanic
(02-26-2012, 08:51 PM)

Originally Posted by Croc

I was having the same trouble with the Zelda message but then I realized I hadn't unlocked the unlockable stationary option within swapnote already. As soon as I unlocked it (by just sending one more message) I received the message and was able to get the new stationary.

I figured that might be the issue but I've since unlocked it and I've still yet to get it. It isn't that I'm not receiving messages either because I was able to get all the special stationary from a gaf member.
rudds
Ask me about E3's biggest megaton: Ratchet and Clank™, coming to a theater near you in 2015
(02-26-2012, 09:08 PM)
I realize I'm the most extreme of outliers, but I have around 120 people in my StreetPass thing to date, most from last E3. Curious how many people are still bothering to carry their 3DS around at this year's show, now that the luster of shiny new tech toy has worn off.
IrishNinja
(02-26-2012, 09:20 PM)
what kinda range does this thing get? i still wonder if i hinder it by having it in a case sometimes.

i ask cause my buddy got a vita and can see others from 5-10 miles, meanwhile ive only got like 30 streetpases, and 10 of those were from a dude who lives on my floor.
JazzmanZ
(02-26-2012, 09:24 PM)

HATS!

I'll give you a yellow pikmin hat for 2 refined puzzle pieces
Javier
(02-26-2012, 09:33 PM)

Originally Posted by rudds

I realize I'm the most extreme of outliers, but I have around 120 people in my StreetPass thing to date, most from last E3. Curious how many people are still bothering to carry their 3DS around at this year's show, now that the luster of shiny new tech toy has worn off.

I'm willing to bet E3 is going to be a gold mine for puzzle pieces.
olimpia84
(02-26-2012, 09:44 PM)
Now that you guys mention I didn't receive the Zelda swapnote (but I did receive the Reggie one). What exactly do I have to do to receive it?

Also, I just checked my 3DS and didn't find the new puzzle set...is it available in the US already?
Jethro
(02-26-2012, 10:05 PM)
Just got a Kid Icarus puzzle piece via Spot Pass :)
Greymanic
(02-26-2012, 10:34 PM)

Originally Posted by olimpia84

Now that you guys mention I didn't receive the Zelda swapnote (but I did receive the Reggie one). What exactly do I have to do to receive it?

Also, I just checked my 3DS and didn't find the new puzzle set...is it available in the US already?

From what I gather you have to reach a particular point in the swapnote tutorials (the tutorial on unlocking more stationary with play coins) to both save new stationary and receive some of the messages. I will note that it may take awhile to get them because well, I got the Zelda one five minutes ago.
Lausebub
Banned
(02-26-2012, 10:36 PM)
How many puzzle pieces are now? I want to know if I have at least one piece of every puzzle.
Greymanic
(02-26-2012, 10:38 PM)

Originally Posted by Lausebub

How many puzzle pieces are now? I want to know if I have at least one piece of every puzzle.

15 Puzzles (345 Pieces) unless they released a few more puzzles today we've yet to hear about.
Croc
(02-26-2012, 10:52 PM)
So does the US still not have this new KI puzzle yet?
backlot
(02-26-2012, 10:56 PM)

Originally Posted by Croc

So does the US still not have this new KI puzzle yet?

I'm in the US and I got the Kid Icarus puzzle piece this morning.
TheyTookOurJobs
(02-26-2012, 11:02 PM)

Originally Posted by A Human Becoming

3DS is still too expensive for kids parents to buy.
Croc
(02-26-2012, 11:02 PM)

Originally Posted by backlot

I'm in the US and I got the Kid Icarus puzzle piece this morning.

Okay, just like every one else who asked, the second I posted that I got the notification :lol
Lausebub
Banned
(02-26-2012, 11:03 PM)
Do I have to enable something special to get the SpotPass piece? When did you people (with the KI puzzle piece) buy your system? Maybe it has something to do with that...

Do you guys have a special strategy with the puzzles?