• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita wallpaper thread | Customizing dat OLED screen

Hi guys... I already posted these in the other Vita thread, but then I noticed this thread.

customizing_my_PS_Vita.jpg

After posting the above a few pages back, my inbox got spammed with requests to do more.

So, here you go: I've created 4 additional wallpapers to use on your Vita, covering all main categories you might want:

• PSN / SEN games
• PSone games
• PSP games
• Unsorted apps

customizing_my_PS_Vita_part2.jpg

For anyone interested, I've uploaded the download-link with the 4 new wallpapers:
http://bit.ly/psvita_wallpapers

Can I request wallpapers? I’d love some for the following games:

• Shenmue I + II
• Ace Attorney trilogy
• Okami

Jaroof

Okay, after my previous homescreen customization wallpapers some people said they thought it was a shame that the big and bold texts used so much space... so I tried something else.

But before I make more: What do you guys think of this?

http://www.caemgen.nl/playstation_network_2.png[img]

It would look something like:
[img]http://www.caemgen.nl/playstation_network_mockup.png[img]

I'm just wondering if I can come up with all the icons to put in the bottom left corner :P[/QUOTE]

>:(
You put this up right after I install your old ones?!
[spoiler]I love it![/spoiler]

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Okay, after my previous homescreen customization wallpapers some people said they thought it was a shame that the big and bold texts used so much space... so I tried something else.

I'm just wondering if I can come up with all the icons to put in the bottom left corner :p

Could you put up the template for only the left box? Another user suggested using it with the default backgrounds, might go well together.

(Or even putting our own pictures below the template)

Bumhead

Banned
Absolutely love that new design Trevor. Only criticism I have of the others (which I'm actually currently using) is that it only really leaves room for 4 bubbles on each page without crossing the centre line. The new one looks like it leaves more room for more bubbles while also featuring proper unified category labelling on the left hand side.

Love what you've done with both of these but I'll absolutely use your new ones if you do the same categories again in the new format.

Kazerei

Banned
Is there any way to change the blue background behind the lock screen? It's kind of clashing with the dark red wallpaper I'm using.

Kerrby

Banned

playstation_network_2.png

playstation_network_mockup.png

I'm just wondering if I can come up with all the icons to put in the bottom left corner :p

Posted in the other thread but the discussions been moved here.

That is absolutely amazing, please make a set ASAP.

When you're done could you please PM me the links, I don't want it getting lost in this thread and missing out :).

Just thought of an idea, could you make it with the side bar and leave the rest of the image transparent so there's the moving colours?

Mik2121

So... am I the only one that's bothered by the black screen transition between pages when using custom pics? That stuff bothers me to no end.

I don't understand why Sony didn't make the transitions blend doing opacity changes or even just slide up/down. I guess it can't keep many images loaded.. but even if it only loaded the picture above and below your current page, it shouldn't be so much...

Anyway, I hope they fix it. If they do, it will be awesome. As of right now, it sort of sucks.. hard.

Enron

Banned
So... am I the only one that's bothered by the black screen transition between pages when using custom pics? That stuff bothers me to no end.

I don't understand why Sony didn't make the transitions blend doing opacity changes or even just slide up/down. I guess it can't keep many images loaded.. but even if it only loaded the picture above and below your current page, it shouldn't be so much...

Anyway, I hope they fix it. If they do, it will be awesome. As of right now, it sort of sucks.. hard.

A little bit. But I like black backgrounds on all my desktops, so Im mostly using transparent images set against a black background on my Vita. If all your backgrounds are black anyways, it minimizes the effect of the transition.

Posted in the other thread but the discussions been moved here.

That is absolutely amazing, please make a set ASAP.

When you're done could you please PM me the links, I don't want it getting lost in this thread and missing out :).

Just thought of an idea, could you make it with the side bar and leave the rest of the image transparent so there's the moving colours?

I tried the PNG wallpapers, but either it's my Vita, or it doesn't support transparancy very well. :-(

Also, do you guys have the same issue that whenever you scroll through your homescreens while using transparant wallpapers, it quickly fades to black before loading the next wallpaper?

I could make a .PNG with just the dark box (containing the screen dots on your Vita) though... or one with a matte stroke.

Mik2121

A little bit. But I like black backgrounds on all my desktops, so Im mostly using transparent images set against a black background on my Vita. If all your backgrounds are black anyways, it minimizes the effect of the transition.
Yeah... I'm not a big fan of pure black backgrounds (I like dark grey ones though). Even though the pure black on the Vita looks amazing, it's still... well... black.

I tried the PNG wallpapers, but either it's my Vita, or it doesn't support transparancy very well. :-(

Also, do you guys have the same issue that whenever you scroll through your homescreens while using transparant wallpapers, it quickly fades to black before loading the next wallpaper?

I could make a .PNG with just the dark box (containing the screen dots on your Vita) though... or one with a matte stroke.
Yeah, that's what pisses me off and bothers me to no end. If only it didn't do that, it wouldn't worry me so much and would look more like actual part of the UI rather than what it is (a background image)

playstation_network_2.png

playstation_network_mockup.png

This is great but I really prefer the nature wallpapers to these designs

Great job though

danno1769

Neo Member
I'm personally using this as my lock screen and it's amazing. (If you are a Sabres fan ofcourse hah) I know its not the proper resolution but it shows up great with no artifacts or pixelation

buffalo_sabres___40th_by_ediskrad_studios-d3k7m1d.jpg

Shancake

Hahha.. Well I jumped the gun and was inspired by Magicaltravors designs and decided to try my own out.. They look extremely similar.. Wish I waited to get the PSD :p

We even used a few of the same images <_<

2socialapps.jpg

2psngames.jpg

2otherapps.jpg

2multimediaapps.jpg

2gamedemos.jpg

2fullgames2.jpg

2fullgames.jpg

Hahha.. Well I jumped the gun and was inspired by Magicaltravors designs and decided to try my own out.. They look extremely similar.. Wish I waited to get the PSD :p

We even used a few of the same images <_<

[images]

Haha, could've saved you a lot of work.

In your versions though... what happened to the upper right corner of the dark box?

AkuMifune

Banned
These look seriously good.

Yeah, I like those alot. Though I think I prefer having one large image that scrolls down as you go, like a cool cityscape.

I would say I'm really happy with my current wallpaper, but it's got Chubigans name on it. ;)

How do people get pics of their locked screen on here? Just wanted to know so i could show off my screen since i use a pic i took from Uncharted: Golden Abyss :)

Great stuff, Trevor! What'll make it super perfect if everything has its dedicated icon, and not just PSN games, i.e. PSP logo, PS1 logo, etc.

I know... I know... but I haven't got the time to make or edit those icons right now, unfortunately.

Perhaps someone else will make some nifty icons/logo's? ;-)

Zoibie

Thanks for the templates trevor, that's inspired me to create some space ones from the some of the pictures posted earlier in the thread. I'll post when finished.

Which ones aren't the right resolution in this thread? The ones in quotes are automatically resized by GAF but clicking on them make them the right size. I like it when people post their wallpapers in quotes since it means people won't be quoting all those pics again and again.

Clicking on them with what? Certainly not my mouse, because that is not the case -- at least for me.

Ardenyal

Thank you Trevor, these look really good!

For anyone who's OCD about a consistent look, select the black background before selecting background image. This way the blue waves won't appear behind the app sticker when swiping from main menu to apps.

Top Bottom