• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

rezuth
Member
(02-28-2012, 05:49 PM)
rezuth's Avatar
<3 hype
Crunched
point your penis at me,
and have a good day
(02-28-2012, 05:49 PM)
Crunched's Avatar

Originally Posted by Divvy

It is a photoshop. If the reflection were real, you would see underneath the thumb, not the same angle.

iPad 3 includes a reality distortion field confirmed.
CrunchinJelly
formerly cjelly
(02-28-2012, 05:50 PM)
CrunchinJelly's Avatar

Originally Posted by giga

Still. Apple should refund or upgrade anyone who bought an iPad 2 in 2012. Knowing their greed, they won't.

what
Bboy AJ
Talks to himself
(02-28-2012, 05:50 PM)
Bboy AJ's Avatar
Let's talk about the tag line.

We all know what See is about. Clearly the retina.

But Touch? It can't just be the same ol', can it? It would be a boring conference with just a faster processor and an HD screen*. But what is it about the Touch line in the invite? Maybe haptic feedback?

*New Apple TV, too, I hear.
Notrollious
Member
(02-28-2012, 05:50 PM)
Notrollious's Avatar
iPad 3 and apple tv. Apple tv app with remote for iPad. And Siri.
Betta Lines
Member
(02-28-2012, 05:51 PM)
Betta Lines's Avatar
I found an example.



Change the lighting and colouring and it'll look virtually identical.
RubxQub
φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
(02-28-2012, 05:52 PM)
RubxQub's Avatar

Originally Posted by Notrollious

iPad 3 and apple tv. Apple tv app with remote for iPad. And Siri.

There already is a Remote app for the AppleTV that is universal.

I'm pretty sure we're going to get a new AppleTV box along with the iPad HD or Pro (I'm thinking they are going to switch up the naming convention this year).
bob page
Member
(02-28-2012, 05:52 PM)
bob page's Avatar
I feel bad for other tablet manufacturers, having to keep up with this every year.
JCreasy
Member
(02-28-2012, 05:53 PM)
JCreasy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bboy AJ

Let's talk about the tag line.

We all know what See is about. Clearly the retina.

But Touch? It can't just be the same ol', can it? It would be a boring conference with just a faster processor and an HD screen*. But what is it about the Touch line in the invite? Maybe haptic feedback?

*New Apple TV, too, I hear.

YES!!!

railGUN
Prine Fan
(02-28-2012, 05:53 PM)
railGUN's Avatar
Can't wait, I'm in day 1.

Question: do places like Walmart get these things for launch day? I live in a small town with a Walmart but no Apple store for miles, is there any chance I can buy it day 1, or will I have to order online?
Sentry
Still Alive
(02-28-2012, 05:53 PM)
Sentry's Avatar

Originally Posted by giga

Still. Apple should refund or upgrade anyone who bought an iPad 2 in 2012. Knowing their greed, they won't.

Their greed? The fuck are you talking man, they're known to give upgraded products to those who recently bought an old version, or at least discount iirc.
Talon
Member
(02-28-2012, 05:53 PM)
Talon's Avatar

Originally Posted by cyberheater

It's going to be a long 8 days...

And then a long week.

Originally Posted by Sentry

Their greed? The fuck are you talking man, they're known to give upgraded products to those who recently bought an old version, or at least discount iirc.

giga's just playing.
blackflag
Member
(02-28-2012, 05:54 PM)
blackflag's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sentry

Yeah, if all the back pic leaks are to be believed, that really sucks..


Yeah, i'm gonna be keeping my iPad 1 as well for the same reason. Finally I can have some freedom though, huge reason why I can't wait for this is so I can get back to reading on an iPad again (in retina!!).

Yeah my 4 year old and now my 2 year old end up boggarting my ipad and i just let them use it to keep the peace. They aren't touching the 3
Trojita
Member
(02-28-2012, 05:55 PM)
Trojita's Avatar

Originally Posted by giga

Still. Apple should refund or upgrade anyone who bought an iPad 2 in 2012. Knowing their greed, they won't.

:lol
RubxQub
φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
(02-28-2012, 05:55 PM)
RubxQub's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sentry

Their greed? The fuck are you talking man, they're known to give upgraded products to those who recently bought an old version, or at least discount iirc.

You just replied to giga, by the way. :P
Weenerz
Banned
(02-28-2012, 05:55 PM)
Weenerz's Avatar
To sell or not to sell my ipad 2. Hmm.
cyberheater
PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 XBOX PS4 PS4
(02-28-2012, 05:55 PM)
cyberheater's Avatar
Kinda of glad I skipped iPad2 now.
Sentry
Still Alive
(02-28-2012, 05:55 PM)
Sentry's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bboy AJ

Let's talk about the tag line.

We all know what See is about. Clearly the retina.

But Touch? It can't just be the same ol', can it? It would be a boring conference with just a faster processor and an HD screen*. But what is it about the Touch line in the invite? Maybe haptic feedback?

*New Apple TV, too, I hear.

I wouldn't look that far into it. iPad is known for touch so they just put in a cute little "and touch" bit. Wouldn't be surprised at all if there is nothing new at all software-wise or hardware-wise in relation to touch feedback.
bob page
Member
(02-28-2012, 05:56 PM)
bob page's Avatar
I'm pretty sure giga's making fun of Apple trolls, guys.
Notrollious
Member
(02-28-2012, 05:56 PM)
Notrollious's Avatar

Originally Posted by RubxQub

There already is a Remote app for the AppleTV that is universal.

I'm pretty sure we're going to get a new AppleTV box along with the iPad HD or Pro (I'm thinking they are going to switch up the naming convention this year).

Ah. Did not know that. Maybe a better one with "tighter integration" or however they can say it?

Ah hell. Siri with iPad and apple tv then.
Divvy
Canadians burned my passport
(02-28-2012, 05:57 PM)
Divvy's Avatar
Clearly touch means touching the new stylus which touches the screen. Twice the touch.
Trojita
Member
(02-28-2012, 05:58 PM)
Trojita's Avatar
If it isn't retina grade the Thread Title has to be changed and an apology issued.
Technosteve
Member
(02-28-2012, 05:58 PM)
Technosteve's Avatar
Where is Whitta, I need I know if he is buying a third iPad. He has a big excuse now to get it!
freenudemacusers
Member
(02-28-2012, 05:59 PM)
freenudemacusers's Avatar

Originally Posted by cyberheater

Kinda of glad I skipped iPad2 now.

hah it was totally worth buying the 2 when I did if but if they drop a touch bomb in addition to the screen I might just have to dig into the pockets. thank you based child tax credit.
Zeth
Member
(02-28-2012, 05:59 PM)
Zeth's Avatar

Originally Posted by Trojita

If it isn't retina grade the Thread Title has to be changed and an apology issued.

Selling iPad 2 after event, cannot be without my precious.
RubxQub
φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
(02-28-2012, 05:59 PM)
RubxQub's Avatar

Originally Posted by Trojita

If it isn't retina grade the Thread Title has to be changed and an apology issued.

I'm almost definitely putting the argument for why the reported resolution WOULD be considered Retina right in the OP so we can kill that conversation quickly :P
dc89
Member
(02-28-2012, 05:59 PM)
dc89's Avatar

Originally Posted by giga

Still. Apple should refund or upgrade anyone who bought an iPad 2 in 2012. Knowing their greed, they won't.

Not sure if serious.
Trojita
Member
(02-28-2012, 06:00 PM)
Trojita's Avatar

Originally Posted by RubxQub

I'm almost definitely putting the argument for why the reported resolution WOULD be considered Retina right in the OP so we can kill that conversation quickly :P

Reality Distortion
Sentry
Still Alive
(02-28-2012, 06:00 PM)
Sentry's Avatar

Originally Posted by bob page

I'm pretty sure giga's making fun of Apple trolls, guys.

By guys you mean me. :p my bad, dat giga be stealthy.

Oh and if this doesn't include Siri i'm gonna blow my face off.
Bboy AJ
Talks to himself
(02-28-2012, 06:00 PM)
Bboy AJ's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sentry

Their greed? The fuck are you talking man, they're known to give upgraded products to those who recently bought an old version, or at least discount iirc.

That is bullshit, dude. Apple clearly knew people were still buying iPad 2 models to this day. While releasing the 3? Come on. That's greedy. People are getting screwed left and right.
C_H_T
Member
(02-28-2012, 06:00 PM)
C_H_T's Avatar
I hope it's quad core with the retina-display or no buy.
jts
...hate me...
(02-28-2012, 06:01 PM)
jts's Avatar
Hmm. I'd say there would be a hint on the invitation if Siri were to debut on the iPad. Or maybe the iPhone 4S invitation is still too fresh on me.

IDK, but if there's a betting pool, you can place my bet that Siri won't make it to the iPad. Not this time.
Tobor
Look!
A crack addict with a tag!
(02-28-2012, 06:01 PM)
Tobor's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sentry

I wouldn't look that far into it. iPad is known for touch so they just put in a cute little "and touch" bit. Wouldn't be surprised at all if there is nothing new at all software-wise or hardware-wise in relation to touch feedback.

Agreed.
Trojita
Member
(02-28-2012, 06:02 PM)
Trojita's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bboy AJ

That is bullshit, dude. Apple clearly knew people were still buying iPad 2 models to this day. While releasing the 3? Come on. That's greedy. People are getting screwed left and right.

Giga might not be serious, but he seems to be.
Kabuki Quantum Lover
βαρβαρβαρβαρβαρ
βαρβαρβαρβαρβαρ
(02-28-2012, 06:02 PM)
Kabuki Quantum Lover's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bboy AJ

That is bullshit, dude. Apple clearly knew people were still buying iPad 2 models to this day. While releasing the 3? Come on. That's greedy. People are getting screwed left and right.

It's even worse since Apple activates the killswitch on earlier models once the newer model is debuted. Dead iPads and iPhones all around us.
freenudemacusers
Member
(02-28-2012, 06:03 PM)
freenudemacusers's Avatar

Originally Posted by Trojita

Giga might not be serious, but he seems to be.

bboy aj? I doubt it haha.
Tron 2.0
Member
(02-28-2012, 06:03 PM)
Tron 2.0's Avatar
My guess is Siri is included, and still in beta.
Sean
Member
(02-28-2012, 06:03 PM)
Sean's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tron 2.0

Pretty sure that's incorrect.

New versions of iOS have always been previewed at WWDC. They used to coincide with new iPhone hardware, but that seems over.

If I remember correctly Apple always used to do a (developer-focused) iPhone event around March/April time frame and reveal, release the iOS beta there. With last year being the exception, WWDC was always used the final recap/official release.

Too lazy to search for the others but iOS4 was initially unveiled April 8, 2010 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0xTdlq-njA
Technosteve
Member
(02-28-2012, 06:03 PM)
Technosteve's Avatar
It's not like iPad 2 is a bad product, I fucking love mine with the rich Red Corinthian leather cover and ten hours of battery life.
Seth C
Member
(02-28-2012, 06:03 PM)
Seth C's Avatar
I'll be in California. Someone get me an invite, please!
TouchMyBox
Member
(02-28-2012, 06:03 PM)
TouchMyBox's Avatar
I won't lie, as an Android fan I'm pretty excite about the prospect of an iPad with a GPU even better than the 543MP2.

I'm pretty sure I couldn't live without chrome and a legit google music app though (apparently an API for the latter is in the works though)
Sentry
Still Alive
(02-28-2012, 06:04 PM)
Sentry's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bboy AJ

That is bullshit, dude. Apple clearly knew people were still buying iPad 2 models to this day. While releasing the 3? Come on. That's greedy. People are getting screwed left and right.

Dude you can't be seriou— oh. OH.
Tron 2.0
Member
(02-28-2012, 06:05 PM)
Tron 2.0's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sean

If I remember correctly Apple always used to do a (developer-focused) iPhone event around March/April time frame and release the iOS beta there. WWDC was just the final recap/official release.

Too lazy to search for the others but iOS4 was initially unveiled April 8, 2010 [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0xTdlq-njA[url]

Well there you go. No one listen to me, ever.
freenudemacusers
Member
(02-28-2012, 06:05 PM)
freenudemacusers's Avatar

Originally Posted by Technosteve

It's not like iPad 2 is a bad product, I fucking love mine with the rich Red Corinthian leather cover and ten hours of battery life.

agreed, the battery life is awesome. I got a leather cover too but I rarely use it, the screen is pretty damn bulletproof IME.
Fourman
Member
(02-28-2012, 06:05 PM)
Fourman's Avatar
Been waiting for this to happen for a long time. My first iPad will be bought in March baby!
Tobor
Look!
A crack addict with a tag!
(02-28-2012, 06:05 PM)
Tobor's Avatar
Newbs tripping all over themselves at the fake trolling. Lol.
bob page
Member
(02-28-2012, 06:06 PM)
bob page's Avatar

Originally Posted by Technosteve

It's not like iPad 2 is a bad product, I fucking love mine with the rich Red Corinthian leather cover and ten hours of battery life.

Yeah, I love mine too. I'm really trying hard to not sell it. Unless the reveal is really mindblowing, I'll probably wait a bit.
RubxQub
φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
(02-28-2012, 06:06 PM)
RubxQub's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kabuki Quantum Lover

It's even worse since Apple activates the killswitch on earlier models once the newer model is debuted. Dead iPads and iPhones all around us.

The killswitch is called iOS6. Apple hides system crippling software under the guise of a feature-filled operating system. Everyone gets a shittier experience on older devices and want to upgrade as a result!

Like clockwork.

...and that's not even really a lie in my mind. I have no doubt that Apple gives much less of a shit about older hardware..
kehs
Member
(02-28-2012, 06:06 PM)
idots are too easy.
krypt0nian
Dragona's Dogma
(02-28-2012, 06:07 PM)
krypt0nian's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tobor

Apple is ready to unleash the Kraken on my wallet.

Come forth, and let us do battle to the death!

[Metal Riff]

Thread Tools