• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PROMETHEUS Full Theatrical Trailer (2:32) + International UK trailer (2:47)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all Espielbergo's fault, if it wasn't for him PG-13 wouldn't exist!

Naw. MPAA are just retards. Could have a system like here in Aus where you have M15+ (recommended age) and then MA15+ (restricted to those 15 and over).

Alien, T2 etc are M15+ here. Anybody could see them.

nope. they would have to tone it down so much, that it would lose all impact.

The most shocking part is the initial pop which is only blood, and that wouldn't be cut at all. There are a few quick shots of it coming out that probably would be okay, maybe some frames would be trimmed. They'd probably have to trim a second or 2 of the close up of the alien sprouting from the chest. The fact that it's sci-fi may give it some leniency as well.

But the MPAA isn't always predictable and they hold different films to different standards.

desu

legs4sxls.jpg

Half something (alien?) with still human hands?

ezekial45

Banned
Marvelous. That was truly marvelous. I'm beyond stoked for this. This is tied with TDKR for my most anticipated movie of the summer.

"Big things have small beginnings."

David Lindelof wrote it. Cost of doing business.

Lost didn't really have bad dialogue, not all the time. It was pretty well written, and there were a lot of writers on Lost anyway. Not sure what Lindelof has written in his career to make anyone assume that he's terrible at writing dialogue.

Also I don't even think he was the only writer on this script. I know it's fun to hate Lindelof and Cuse and everyone involved with Lost after a lot of people didn't get the ending, but come on.

No, I don't know it. PG13 means that a director's vision is being compromised if the rating is being catered towards. Scott's initial comments about making this a hard R, nasty affair directly tells us that his original vision has been at least somewhat compromised. It means pulling your punches and making specific cuts, shooting specific angles and approaching scenes differently not because they are better options, but because they are the options available if you want to get it in at a PG13 rating.

I was not aware that he intended for this to be an R. Noted. That being said, do you not think that an experienced and acute filmmaker such as Scott cannot find an adequate transition to be found for the story in Prometheus to go from R to PG-13? I want to think it can be done. He is boldly seeking to further shape the lore and mythology of the beloved Alien universe, one that he established over 30 years ago and essentially built his career on. I just don't see it being an issue for this particular film, but I certainly respect and understand the sentiment of hesitation on your part.

desu

The virus or whatever is turning people into biomechanical beings, the spacejokeys. It seems.

Seems right, "it" is walking in an earlier scene, and a scene before that might be it sitting with a mask in the seat.

guy91y25.jpg

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Lost didn't really have bad dialogue, not all the time. It was pretty well written, and there were a lot of writers on Lost anyway. Not sure what Lindelof has written in his career to make anyone assume that he's terrible at writing dialogue.

Also I don't even think he was the only writer on this script. I know it's fun to hate Lindelof and Cuse and everyone involved with Lost after a lot of people didn't get the ending, but come on.

Well, not to divert too much away from the thread, but I was more referring to his previous film work (including his Producer credit on Star Trek) oh yeah and he worked on Nash Bridges? What

Loxley

Looks great. So what is it? A sequel or prequel to Alien?

The script was originally conceived as direct Alien prequel, but as time went on and drafts changed, Ridley Scott has been very ambiguous about what ties Prometheus has to the Alien movies. Most people have pretty much assumed it's still a prequel to Alien, but not in as obvious a way as it was earlier on. Scott hasn't said much aside from the fact that it does take place in the same universe as the Alien movies, that's about it.

Personally I love that Scott has been vague about it, leaves more room for crazy fan speculation and surprises for when the film is out.

JB1981

The script was originally conceived as direct Alien prequel, but as time went on and drafts changed, Ridley Scott has been very ambiguous about what ties (if any at all) Prometheus has to the Alien movies.

Most people have pretty much assumed it's still a prequel to Alien, but not in as obvious a way as it was earlier on. It's possible it will only make vague references.

Based on the footage released thus far, I think it is pretty safe to say this is a direct prequel to Alien. No doubt about it.

MRORANGE

my guesswork

so what I can gather from the trailer:

-find code to new life form on another planet
-visits planet, awakens space jockey/creature
-crew learns that the creatures pose a threat
-aliens/space jockey decided to flee/go to earth
-at this point the Prometheus ship decides to take down the alien ship by crashing into it
-hostile take over?

at the end of the movie, (before alien) they would bomb the planet with facehugger eggs to stop other humans finding out about them.

Sculli still handwringing about the PG-13, lol

I didn't even bring it up. Just calling out the stupid mentality that says you can make any film just as impactful in PG13. I've already accepted that this will be PG13. I also don't suspect there will be any R rated cut as I believe they're shooting for PG13.

JB1981

What I would like to know is how does this single little ship pose such a threat to Earth that the crew takes the ship out, suicide bomber style? Just what did they find?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom