• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Watching the DVD's with commentary and holy crap the kids are adorable in episode 3. Sassing Jaime's actor for swearing in a scene, lol.

anaron

tumblr_m0x8yd61kt1qi532yo4_250.gif

tumblr_m0x8yd61kt1qi532yo3_250.gif

tumblr_m0x8yd61kt1qi532yo2_250.gif

tumblr_m0x8yd61kt1qi532yo1_250.gif

Yeah, Lena is surprisingly hilarious.

GRRM's commentary was interesting. Somehow I never picked up on the fact that Jeor Mormont was missing his raven. Or how odd it was that Tyrion and the mountain clans walked into the Lannister camp instead of on horseback.

Also, I discovered that I was pronouncing "Eyrie" correctly, while the show was not.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I'm on episode 4 now with writer Bryan Cogman and Kit Harrington. Man, Kit's kind of a dipshit. Yeah, yeah, he's hot, I'm jelly, whatever, but man is his input here totally vapid. He's basically repeating all the intelligent thoughts of the writer. Whoever made these groupings for the commentary is some kind of mad genius to be able to balance out the brainpower of these two before deciding to record these.

bengraven

Getting into spoiler territory here (series spoilers) but
the raven doesn't do much except possibly predict omens or "is the voice of Mormont" during the election. Really, nothing that needed to be in. That said, just a quick shot to even a raven that was already filmed for Bran's flashback with a quick caw of "snow" would be okay for the loretards like myself.

Taking out the raven was so minor compared to taking out, basically, every single fucking flashback/reference to Jon's parents.

I'm sure it's already been mentioned, but the complete guide to Westeros in the Blu-ray set is fucking awesome.

And actually very helpful, even for those of us who have read the books.

Puddles

Banned
So are they removing Mormont's raven entirely, or did they just not include it in Season 1?

Series spoilers:
Not only did it influence the Lord Commander elections, but it was just a really badass sidekick for Jon to have in addition to Ghost.

bengraven

So are they removing Mormont's raven entirely, or did they just not include it in Season 1?

Series spoilers:
Not only did it influence the Lord Commander elections, but it was just a really badass sidekick for Jon to have in addition to Ghost.

Maybe we'll see it quickly in this season.

This is not Eva Green.

Yeah, Lena is surprisingly hilarious.

GRRM's commentary was interesting. Somehow I never picked up on the fact that Jeor Mormont was missing his raven. Or how odd it was that Tyrion and the mountain clans walked into the Lannister camp instead of on horseback.

Also, I discovered that I was pronouncing "Eyrie" correctly, while the show was not.

The correct pronunciation is "Eye-Wree" right? No "E-Ree" like some of them say in the show? It's not eerie now is it... well, i suppose it is, that with it's sky cells and the only Arryn left is a sick little mumma's boy.

So ready for this season to start.

Having read more of the books now, and rewatching the first season on BluRay, it's neat to see all the little foreshadowing touches they've done with the characters.

After spending all day (Thursday) watching Season 1 on Blu-Ray, I ordered the first 5 books to read (specially the 1st to compare how things were in book vs. screen). Will have plenty of time to read them as I won't be watching them again till Season 2 is out on Blu-Ray. And yes, I'm a part of the "Imp for King" fan club.

After spending all day (Thursday) watching Season 1 on Blu-Ray, I ordered the first 5 books to read (specially the 1st to compare how things were in book vs. screen). Will have plenty of time to read them as I won't be watching them again till Season 2 is out on Blu-Ray. And yes, I'm a part of the "Imp for King" fan club.

You're in for a treat. The books are fantastic. Long as hell, but I finished all 5 in about 3 1/2 months. You can't stop once you start.

Puddles

Banned
The books are long, but they're page turners. I think I read the first two over the course of three days when I was laid up with the flu last year.

Series spoilers:
but it was just a really badass sidekick for Jon to have in addition to Ghost.
This is the main reason for me.
It makes him even more of a badass. Having 2 animals following him around makes him look like a better warg even though he only wargs into ghost.

The correct pronunciation is "Eye-Wree" right? No "E-Ree" like some of them say in the show? It's not eerie now is it... well, i suppose it is, that with it's sky cells and the only Arryn left is a sick little mumma's boy.

In his audio commentary, GRRM pronounces it "eye-ree," and obviously, he trumps all.

There's actually quite a bit of inconsistent pronunciation within the series. One example is "maester." It's mostly pronounced "my-ster," but it's also pronounced "may-ster" upon occasion, including in one of the Complete Guide to Westeros featurettes. (I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be may-ster.)

You'd think they would have double-checked all of this with GRRM before shooting, but it's not like it's a huge deal or anything.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
In his audio commentary, GRRM pronounces it "eye-ree," and obviously, he trumps all.

There's actually quite a bit of inconsistent pronunciation within the series. One example is "maester." It's mostly pronounced "my-ster," but it's also pronounced "may-ster" upon occasion, including in one of the Complete Guide to Westeros featurettes. (I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be may-ster.)

You'd think they would have double-checked all of this with GRRM before shooting, but it's not like it's a huge deal or anything.
I don't have a problem with different people pronouncing things differently because that happens in real life. Just look at the regional differences people have within a small area like the Eastern US and Canada with some words/phrases. I do have a problem with the same character pronouncing things differently though.

I've finished watching the entire season on BD and all of the special features except for the commentaries. I've got 2 weeks to finish those and I kinda want to wait so I finish them right before the new season starts.

LiQuid!

Just finished re-watching the whole first season on DVD with the commentaries in a single sitting. Don't stop for NOTHIN!

Hype mode elevated from "MAXIMUM to "Thinking about trying to off myself and hoping the whole series has been finished in heaven"

tokkun

At one of the book signings I went to, GRRM went into great detail about how Arya is supposed to be pronounced as a 2-syllable ARR-YA, like a pirate might say it, rather than AR-EE-AH.

A couple of items via WiC.net:

- The Daily Raven Episode 4
This week we're breaking down the new GAME OF THRONES Season 2 "Seven Devils" trailer, "The More You Love" Trailer and the new character featurettes.

- Trailer for the preview that airs March 25th
Get in the Game! Enter the world of Westeros with this vivid and illuminating special about the epic HBO drama series “Game of Thrones. Highlighted by behind-the-scenes footage, clips and interviews, this feature revisits the events of season 1, introduces new viewers to the many colorful characters and presents an exclusive preview of things to come in season 2.
WiC.net with a few comments here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom