• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puddles

Banned
We'll get a better idea on Thursday, but I think the Kings could upset the Blues if they end the season in 8th.

Reseeding is a joke though, and the NHL should definitely do away with it.

Socreges

Banned
Doan is a shitbag. I never knew this. Thought he was just a good Christian boy trying to make it in Bettman's world. :(

Puddles said:
We'll get a better idea on Thursday, but I think the Kings could upset the Blues if they end the season in 8th.

Reseeding is a joke though, and the NHL should definitely do away with it.
Between LA, San Jose, Phoenix, Dallas, Colorado and Calgary.... LA is the team I'd least want to face. I'd hate for them to get the 7th seed (looks like Canucks will finish 2nd). They could win the division, though. The Pacific is so ridiculously tight.

TUSR

Banned
Carter and Richards are seeming to find each other more often now.

I think the trade was a success...

Also NHL.com Headline: Col of Duty

Puddles

Banned
Carter and Richards are seeming to find each other more often now.

I think the trade was a success...

Also NHL.com Headline: Col of Duty

It was a great success. Scuderi, Voynov and Mitchell can collectively replace what Jack Johnson brought to this team at defenseman, while Carter dramatically improves the #2 line.

CCF23

Fuck the Leafs, fuck the Flyers, fuck the Jets, fuck the BJ's, fuck the Sense...i'm tired of fucking the bad teams...fuck all your shit teams.

SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORKS

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Fuck the Leafs, fuck the Flyers, fuck the Jets, fuck the BJ's, fuck the Sense...i'm tired of fucking the bad teams...fuck all your shit teams.

SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORKS
watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here.gif

Just saw the PHX-DAL bullshit from last night. Doan is such a piece of shit. I hope he gets exactly 8 games just to send a message. His shit has always flown under the radar and I'm glad it's finally being looked at. That said the last thing we need to face tomorrow is a self-destructive team with Raffi Torres in the lineup. He and Downie may face off in a goon duel of epic proportion.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
We're back! Finally i don't have to listen to the prof anymore....

In hockey-related news: Cancks just signed a 22 y-old goalie, LET THE SCHNEIDER TRADE TALKS BEGIN (/continue)

GAF is back OMG!!

So Rangers vs Wings tonight, battle of the most negative fans, and I will have to say we are going to get royally screwed tonight with Conklin in net until he lets in 3 goals within 2 minutes, and than Jordan Pierce who is our 4th string goalie will play and let in about 8 or so.

I feel a St. Louis 10 to whatever type of game happening from last year. I really shouldn't bother watching this train wreck tonight, but I know I'll catch some of it and become increasingly angry at it.

Wow, just saw the Doan elbow. WTF, did something at least happen earlier in the game? It was so fucking deliberate. It looked like a scene out of slapshot.

GAF is back OMG!!

So Rangers vs Wings tonight, battle of the most negative fans, and I will have to say we are going to get royally screwed tonight with Conklin in net until he lets in 3 goals within 2 minutes, and than Jordan Pierce who is our 4th string goalie will play and let in about 8 or so.

I feel a St. Louis 10 to whatever type of game happening from last year. I really shouldn't bother watching this train wreck tonight, but I know I'll catch some of it and become increasingly angry at it.

I've gotta admit it's been crazy seeing how hard the Wings have fallen since losing Lidstrom. I know Datsyuk's injury played just as large of a role, but even with him back in things just haven't been the same. Just makes me wonder what happens to you guys after the Lidstrom era. Kyle Quincey era? :/

I've gotta admit it's been crazy seeing how hard the Wings have fallen since losing Lidstrom. I know Datsyuk's injury played just as large of a role, but even with him back in things just haven't been the same. Just makes me wonder what happens to you guys after the Lidstrom era. Kyle Quincey era? :/

Unfortunately Quincey hasn't even looked that good defensively, it also isn't just Lidstrom's injury, right around when he was injured we suffered a ton of other injuries to our top 6 and depth guys. Still is no excuse that the team doesn't seem to even try over these last 10 games though. Not very confident right now with this team or their playoff chances if we don't some how manage to lose the rest of the games and fall to 9th which with how they have played, could happen but very doubtful.

Unfortunately Quincey hasn't even looked that good defensively, it also isn't just Lidstrom's injury, right around when he was injured we suffered a ton of other injuries to our top 6 and depth guys. Still is no excuse that the team doesn't seem to even try over these last 10 games though. Not very confident right now with this team or their playoff chances if we don't some how manage to lose the rest of the games and fall to 9th which with how they have played, could happen but very doubtful.

Quincey was so inconsistent with his defensive game with us. Some nights he was our best defenseman even when the rest of our D were having good nights, other nights he was worse than Hunwick. He had the offensive touch to keep him in the lineup from the beginning of the season, but I wasn't too torn up to see him go to be honest. Not crazy about Downie but we can unload him next year if need be. I'll bet Quincey turns out to be a solid player and I'll miss him by the next few years though.

Anyway, maybe missing the playoffs is better for you guys? I don't know, I haven't paid much attention to how you guys have been drafting in recent years but I imagine with the consistent success you haven't had too many high draft picks. I know when we got shut out of much of the 2003 draft it really fucked us over for awhile. We got Jones out of it but that's basically it.

Quincey was so inconsistent with his defensive game with us. Some nights he was our best defenseman even when the rest of our D were having good nights, other nights he was worse than Hunwick. He had the offensive touch to keep him in the lineup from the beginning of the season, but I wasn't too torn up to see him go to be honest. Not crazy about Downie but we can unload him next year if need be. I'll bet Quincey turns out to be a solid player and I'll miss him by the next few years though.

Anyway, maybe missing the playoffs is better for you guys? I don't know, I haven't paid much attention to how you guys have been drafting in recent years but I imagine with the consistent success you haven't had too many high draft picks. I know when we got shut out of much of the 2003 draft it really fucked us over for awhile. We got Jones out of it but that's basically it.

Like I said, highly unlikely, but not out of the question considering if we continue to lose like we are and the teams below us start winning, it isn't out of the question. Once again though it 99.9% won't happen and we'll be in, but there is still that slight chance with our play as of late. But I do expect them to have a small 3 game winning streak here at the end possibly to finally secure a spot.

We also have a lot of good young forwards coming up, not really that many defensemen though unfortunately.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
They want to maintain their image of not knowing what the fuck they're doing.

LOL...true.

Like I said, highly unlikely, but not out of the question considering if we continue to lose like we are and the teams below us start winning, it isn't out of the question. Once again though it 99.9% won't happen and we'll be in, but there is still that slight chance with our play as of late. But I do expect them to have a small 3 game winning streak here at the end possibly to finally secure a spot.

We also have a lot of good young forwards coming up, not really that many defensemen though unfortunately.

My biggest fear is Holland analyzing the team after the 1st-round exit and saying, "Well, that was clearly due to injuries. Let's bring back the same team next year!"

pringles

GAF is back OMG!!

Ty Conklin playing tonight = me not watching the game.

Red Wings fans complaining? Your team won how many games in a row at home?

Trade Datsyuk to Toronto for Kessel, then you can complain

Cause that home winning streak is pretty much the reason we aren't with San Jose, LA, Colorado, etc... fighting for a playoff spot with the lackluster road record we have had.

Also on another note we did almost trade Datsyuk for Gomez a while back, but decided against it, THANK GOD, that would have been a disaster.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Ty Conklin playing tonight = me not watching the game.

Apparently he has done really well with the Griffins recently, but we'll see.

I don't have a good feeling about it.

3N16MA

Banned
Bruins are +26 against the Leafs in 5 games this season and +32 against the rest of the league in 82 games. 15.25% of their total goals this season have come against the Leafs in those 5 games. When was the last time a team was brutalized this badly by one opponent in a season? What will the Bruins do without the Leafs in the playoffs?

Cake Boss

Banned
holy shit Doan, what a piece of shit, I hope he gets 10 and his shit team doesnt make it to the playoffs, in the summer they get moved to Nunavut and that piece of shit loses his ranch.

Hari Seldon

I think the Wings have a shot against NYR tonight. They have a great system for beating the trap, plus Conklin can move the puck pretty well. I think they match up well against NYR even though they are limping along.

Razorskin

----- ------
Bruins are +26 against the Leafs in 5 games this season and +32 against the rest of the league in 82 games. 15.25% of their total goals this season have come against the Leafs in those 5 games. When was the last time a team was brutalized this badly by one opponent in a season? What will the Bruins do without the Leafs in the playoffs?

Um... still wins games like they have against other teams all season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom