• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

I added you to the list. :^)

-----------------------

And the winners are:

Hypertrooper
Boomwood
op_ivy

I'll be shipping the journals sometime this week. I still have three more. If Louis wants them, I'll let him give them away at HBO; otherwise, I'll give them to three more GAFers. :^)

Funny you picked Hyper. He told me that he doesn't want anything that isn't a 343 hoody. Because of the similarities in our names, he elected me to receive his prize instead.

GhaleonEB

-----------------------

And the winners are:

Hypertrooper
Boomwood
op_ivy

I'll be shipping the journals sometime this week. I still have three more. If Louis wants them, I'll let him give them away at HBO; otherwise, I'll give them to three more GAFers. :^)

Very cool of you, congrats guys!

I had my annual review today at work. Good sized raise, confirmation that I get a promotion on my next job (starting in August), which leads to a bigger raise. Best Monday ever? Best Monday ever.

Nothing like an early birthday present. :D

Recon being given out gets bungie.net's panties in a bunch. Why do I still bother over there?

I think people are upset that something happened with Halo 3, but it wasn't what they wanted to happen. It's entirely unreasonable to expect a company in crunch time to manage playlists for two separate games and still expect them to deliver a solid multiplayer experience for a third game. No company, not even 343, is comprised of unlimited resources.

It's best to just walk away from those threads.

I had my annual review today at work. Good sized raise, confirmation that I get a promotion on my next job (starting in August), which leads to a bigger raise. Best Monday ever? Best Monday ever.

Holy shit. Congrats!

heckfu

Banned

You deserve some firefight! Congrats buddy.

Homeboyd

You guys just don't understand. I earned my recon. Back in the day when we didn't have all these handouts like kids these days have. Back when you had to earn something. A little sweat off your brow. Dedication. Determination. HARD WORK. Ever heard of it?

Yeah, I didn't think so. You guys will never understand because you've always taken the easy path. Any handouts you can get, you take. You're not above cheating and you'll take every opportunity you can to gain an unfair advantage in life rather than doing it the right way. So fine, take Recon from the open hands of 343. You won't enjoy it because you didn't work for it.

And that my friends, is how I can sleep at night. The question is; how can you?

~theloltroll

Get back to work hippy!

eliza-character-fictional-characters-tv-character-photo-u1.jpg

Also Ghaleon, that is fantastic news. I hope the transition is a smooth one ;)

Karl2177

Congrats, man!

Congrats man, you deserve it.

Congrats!

-----------------------

And the winners are:

Hypertrooper
Boomwood
op_ivy

THAT'S ME! THAT'S ME! THAT'S ME! OMG BEST MONDAY ... Best monday will be when I get the hoodie. BUT OMG! OMG!

Funny you picked Hyper. He told me that he doesn't want anything that isn't a 343 hoody. Because of the similarities in our names, he elected me to receive his prize instead.
:p If you could lie better...

Fracas

#fuckonami

Nice! Congrats, man

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

-----------------------

And the winners are:

Hypertrooper
Boomwood
op_ivy

so cool of you to do that and thanks for picking my name out of a hat! :)

Thats awesome, congrats!

Fracas

#fuckonami
I played some more MLG last night. How often do non-forge world maps show up? Out of the 10 or so matches I've played, I only got one actual Reach map.

I also heard that the playlist will soon require Anniversary maps. When is that change coming?

Overdoziz

Banned
I played some more MLG last night. How often do non-forge world maps show up? Out of the 10 or so matches I've played, I only got one actual Reach map.

I also heard that the playlist will soon require Anniversary maps. When is that change coming?
MLG can't help that Reach maps are shit. Sanc and Pit >

Booshka

April update will add Battle Canyon and Penance and update settings to v7. Only Reach maps in the Playlist right now are Countdown and Zealot, the rest is Grey Land.

TheOddOne

Congrats Ghal!

Reminds me, I need to get a job.

I think a lot of people feel this way.. Forge maps are not a substitute for an actual textured map. Now that KOTH is fixed, maybe they could incorporate that game-type into maps that didn't make the MLG cut for slayer and CTF. (eg, Powerhouse could work for King just as well as Battle Creek does)

789shadow

Banned
Kittens, I swear that playing with you last night completely killed any interest I have in playing Reach by myself. It's just so much better with other people.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I think a lot of people feel this way.. Forge maps are not a substitute for an actual textured map. Now that KOTH is fixed, maybe they could incorporate that game-type into maps that didn't make the MLG cut for slayer and CTF. (eg, Powerhouse could work for King just as well as Battle Creek does)

That's the main thing keeping me out of MLG now. I feel comfortable with the settings, and I play well enough, but I hate forge maps so much. Also, something random I noticed yesterday with the stream: what's up with the radio on countdown? Does it mess up enemy spawns or something? They mentioned it often.

edit: Wtf Gui_PT

Risen

Also, something random I noticed yesterday with the stream: what's up with the radio on countdown? Does it mess up enemy spawns or something? They mentioned it often.

If you hold the other teams radio, it means they won't spawn there... it typically means they will spawn somewhere low (back stairs, big door) - which limits their movement. If you don't control outside at the same time, they will spawn there as well, but have limited options for pushes.

A lead with both radios controlled becomes hard to overcome.

It's called "Clawing" noob. <3

Apparently clawing for so many years has the arthritis setting in so he has to sign autographs like he's holding a crayon in Pre-K.

Apparently clawing for so many years has the arthritis setting in so he has to sign autographs like he's holding a crayon in Pre-K.

Clawing is probably more ergonomic than the way the mongrels hold their controllers. It just takes getting used to. In fact I think we only hold/held the controllers that old inferior way because most of us grew up playing on a NES, SNES pad. Which were just squares basically we got so used to that then the controller started to become designed around that holding. Still the reduced movement on and off the analogs has me thinking its a bit less stressful on the hands/arms.

Computron

So we've all got those "message to all friends" inviting us to stupid clans and KSI seems to stuff my mailbox but this is ridiculous... I see some stupid KSI member every other game on matchmaking. How is their clan that big? They are all terrible at this game too.

Top Bottom