• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Combine
Banned
(03-29-2012, 02:37 AM)

Originally Posted by Squall ASF

Doing both is the way to go. Even if you've read the events ahead, looking at still images is no substitute for animated action.

Indeed. A recent example would be the whole Minato vs. Tobi event which in the manga didn't really grab me much, but in the anime it blew me away. Same with Konan's death.
LordAlu
(03-29-2012, 08:07 AM)

Originally Posted by Squall ASF

Doing both is the way to go. Even if you've read the events ahead, looking at still images is no substitute for animated action.

Plus, knowing what's coming up makes the wait for the anime excruciating! There's so much good stuff going on that I can't wait for it to be animated.
Desmond
(03-29-2012, 07:15 PM)
Next episode preview shows that we'll be getting some new (canon) flashbacks next week. New OP too
Dedication Through Light
(03-29-2012, 07:16 PM)
Probably minor thing and after experience ultimate ninja storm generations...is Sasuke the only person in the Naruto universe that can use Kirin?
Combine
Banned
(03-29-2012, 07:17 PM)
Great episode, especially the final scene with the new Epic music for Kabuto's Edo Tensei: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxQDQ4G4rTk

Sounds like a remix of the theme they were giving for Orochimaru in Shippuuden, so it'd be nice to think of it as Kabuto's theme.

Originally Posted by Desmond

Next episode preview shows that we'll be getting some new (canon) flashbacks next week. New OP too

Looks like it'll also be a comprehensive recap of Part 1 which should go through April.
AgentChris
(03-29-2012, 07:20 PM)

Originally Posted by Dedication Through Light

Probably minor thing and after experience ultimate ninja storm generations...is Sasuke the only person in the Naruto universe that can use Kirin?

Yep, Sasuke created it.

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Kirin
levious
That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
(03-29-2012, 07:24 PM)
in what episode did Kabuto first approach Tobi? I feel like I missed that in the anime.
Pein
(03-29-2012, 07:29 PM)
great episode, I loved when they introduced the captains. Kakashi and Darui are such pimps.
abstract alien
baby dolphin -> sun
it's the only way
(03-29-2012, 08:23 PM)
Fuuuuuu...Zabuza and Salamander are back. Throw in the towel, it's over...

Wait...they didn't summon the religious nut that does the rituals and can't die, right? I mean, he is still technically alive isn't he?
Last edited by abstract alien; 03-29-2012 at 08:28 PM.
Combine
Banned
(03-29-2012, 08:31 PM)

Originally Posted by abstract alien

Wait...they didn't summon the religious nut that does the rituals and can't die, right? I mean, he is still technically alive isn't he?

Hidan? Yeah, apparently he is still alive technically.
abstract alien
baby dolphin -> sun
it's the only way
(03-29-2012, 08:53 PM)

Originally Posted by Combine

Ah...yes, him. What an evil bastard, but such an awesome character.
Dedication Through Light
(03-30-2012, 05:11 AM)
If I recall, this is the first time I saw or heard Anko in Shippuden. Otherwise cool episode and excellent stopping point temporarily, everything is about to get even more epic.

Though I dont recall Kabuto introducing all of those characters like that in the manga...
Angry Grimace
(03-30-2012, 05:13 AM)

Originally Posted by Combine

The Fanbook indicated he's alive, but dying very slowly. Great way to go.
ghstwrld
(03-30-2012, 05:29 AM)

Originally Posted by levious

in what episode did Kabuto first approach Tobi? I feel like I missed that in the anime.

episode 221
LordAlu
(03-30-2012, 07:42 AM)

Though I dont recall Kabuto introducing all of those characters like that in the manga...

Chapter 515 was when he showed them off, although he only announced the Akatsuki, Jinchuuriki and Kage members - it just showed images of everyone else (like Dan and Asuma).
_Isaac
(03-30-2012, 07:56 AM)
Why didn't he summon any of the hokages?
LordAlu
(03-30-2012, 08:07 AM)

Originally Posted by _Isaac

Why didn't he summon any of the hokages?

Well, the Third Hokage sealed the First and Second Hokages souls using the Dead Demon Consuming Seal when he fought Orochimaru, so they can't be summoned. This resulted in his soul also being consumed, so he can't be summoned. Finally the Fourth Hokage used the Dead Demon Consuming Seal to seal the Nine Tails into Naruto after Madara's attack on Konoha, resulting in his own soul being consumed, and thus he also can't be summoned.
_Isaac
(03-30-2012, 08:11 AM)

Originally Posted by LordAlu

Well, the Third Hokage sealed the First and Second Hokages souls using the Dead Demon Consuming Seal, so they can't be summoned. This resulted in his soul also being consumed, so he can't be summoned. Finally the Fourth Hokage used the Dead Demon Consuming Seal to seal the Nine Tails into Naruto, resulting in his own soul being consumed, and thus he also can't be summoned.

Hm. When the Third fought Orochimaru, he attempted to summon three coffins. The first two were the brother Hokages while the third one was stopped by the Third. I assume the third one was the Fourth no?
LordAlu
(03-30-2012, 08:22 AM)

Originally Posted by _Isaac

Hm. When the Third fought Orochimaru, he attempted to summon three coffins. The first two were the brother Hokages while the third one was stopped by the Third. I assume the third one was the Fourth no?

In the manga you don't see the third coffin - Orochimaru just remarks that it didn't work. However in the anime you do see the third coffin, which has "Four" written on it, so it is implied he tried to summon Minato, which explains the summoning failure as his soul had been consumed by the Death God after using the Dead Demon Consuming Seal.
Mr. Fix
(03-30-2012, 11:36 PM)
Got vibes at the end there. Shame they didn't show the 2nd Mizukage and Gaara's speech.

Wait, Naruto's going back to fillers?

Even if it's just a month, they're going to cut the war short later this year with another 6 months of filler. Why cut it off here if we're just getting 1-2 months of cannon content? Guh, this show.
Combine
Banned
(03-30-2012, 11:48 PM)
Better to do fillers now while they are ramping up production of the movie which will likely poach a good chunk of their animation talent, and then get back to the story once that's died down. Speaking of which (from the manga thread):

Details on the new Naruto movie according to the poster at Tv-tokyo's movie site,

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/naru...e12/index.html
原作・企画・ストーリー・キャラクターデザイン:岸本斉史
「アニメ10周年ということもあり、今回はストーリーライン、デザイン、自信のわがままも含め、
 ガッツリとやらせていただきました。絶対面白い映画にすることを約束しますので
 期待していて下さい!!」

スタッフ
監督:伊達勇登
脚本:宮田由佳
キャラクターデザイン:西尾鉄也・鈴木博文
音楽:高梨康治、刃-yaiba-

キャスト
うずまきナルト:竹内順子
春野サクラ:中村千絵
波風ミナト:森川智之

前売り券:4月14日(土)〜

劇場版NARUTO-ナルト-『ロード・トゥ・ニンジャ』

http://plus.2chdays.net/read/moeplus/1332726968.html

Director- Hayato Date himself
Screenplay- Yuka MIYATA

Kishimoto sensei - original creator, story, character design, planning
Character Design: Hirofumi Suzuki, Tetsuya Nishio also
Music: Yasuharu Takanashi, -yaiba-
cast: Naruto, Sakura and Minato with regular VA listed.

Kishimoto is writing the story (not the script) of this movie. First time he's involved himself in a production outside of the manga to this level. Nishio and Suzuki heading up the character art (likely will bring in some key animators) and the top 3 VA's being Naruto, Sakura and Minato.
Last edited by Combine; 03-30-2012 at 11:52 PM.
Starwolf_UK
(03-30-2012, 11:56 PM)
Any reason these three characters were not summoned; Konan, Kisame and Jiraiya. I'm just going to run on the assumption the technique requires the body to be intact but Deidara kind of rules that out...
Mr. Fix
(03-31-2012, 12:02 AM)

Originally Posted by Starwolf_UK

Any reason these three characters were not summoned; Konan, Kisame and Jiraiya. I'm just going to run on the assumption the technique requires the body to be intact but Deidara kind of rules that out...

Kabuto needs their DNA. Jiraiya's body sunk so that ruled him out. The other two I don't think he gave an explanation though.
Combine
Banned
(03-31-2012, 12:05 AM)
Konan and Kisame just died. I doubt Kabuto had time to get their DNA yet. That's the simplest explanation I can get for those two.
Starwolf_UK
(03-31-2012, 12:11 AM)

Originally Posted by Mr. Fix

Kabuto needs their DNA. Jiraiya's body sunk so that ruled him out. The other two I don't think he gave an explanation though.

I must have not been paying attention at that part. I can sleep safely now.
sonikokaruto
Posting on the wrong forum
(03-31-2012, 12:14 AM)
Have they explained how to stop the edo tensei?
Dedication Through Light
(03-31-2012, 12:20 AM)

Originally Posted by sonikokaruto

Have they explained how to stop the edo tensei?

The jutsu isnt exactly new, Orichimaru already used it before, so the same way it was dealt with in the past is still the way to handle it, ie sealing it like Sarutobi did the Hokage in his clones.
Last edited by Dedication Through Light; 03-31-2012 at 12:24 AM.
Desmond
(03-31-2012, 09:55 AM)

Got vibes at the end there. Shame they didn't show the 2nd Mizukage and Gaara's speech.

Wait, Naruto's going back to fillers?

Even if it's just a month, they're going to cut the war short later this year with another 6 months of filler. Why cut it off here if we're just getting 1-2 months of cannon content? Guh, this show.

How do you know we're getting 6 months of filler?
Dedication Through Light
(03-31-2012, 01:40 PM)
Im quite sure its just one month, not six months.
Majine
(03-31-2012, 01:44 PM)

Dat Hinata cleavage.
electroshockwave
(03-31-2012, 01:46 PM)

If I recall, this is the first time I saw or heard Anko in Shippuden. Otherwise cool episode and excellent stopping point temporarily, everything is about to get even more epic.

Wasn't Anko with Yamato tracking Kabuto when he had to rush back to the village because Naruto went 8 tails?
Mr. Fix
(03-31-2012, 05:35 PM)

How do you know we're getting 6 months of filler?

Just guessing based on last year. I doubt they're going all the way to where the manga is now. Maybe up till the night of the war.
Desmond
(03-31-2012, 05:38 PM)

Just guessing based on last year. I doubt they're going all the way to where the manga is now. Maybe up till the night of the war.

Did you see those filler zombies? They're gonna stretch this war, no doubt.

Also, Kitsuchi looks different in the anime.

Majine
(03-31-2012, 05:43 PM)
He looks worse in the anime. All his facial features have been toned down.
Brazil
(03-31-2012, 05:44 PM)

Originally Posted by Majine

He looks worse in the anime. All his facial features have been toned down.

The guy looks like a freaking Doraemon character in the manga.
computers putin'
(03-31-2012, 05:47 PM)

Originally Posted by Starwolf_UK

On this note, out of all the characters summoned, there was one I was curious as to why he wasn't summoned; Kakashi's father, the Lengendary White Fang. He was stated as being a ninja on the same levels of the Sannin, so why not bring him back?
Desmond
(03-31-2012, 05:52 PM)

Originally Posted by Brazil

The guy looks like a freaking Doraemon character in the manga.

But he had some character. Now he looks so bland.
Dedication Through Light
(03-31-2012, 05:55 PM)
The time Kishimoto adds features to characters faces for once, the animators remove them, heh.
Conrad Link
(04-01-2012, 04:58 PM)
Oooh really exciting! All these former guys back from the dead is kinda disturbing, gonna be some sad confrontations too.

So some recap month of celebrations or whatever these are gonna be coming up? The just shown story of his parents was like the highlight of the series for me so far and something I had been waiting sooooo long to see so I can deal with a break while it ramps up for the next hopefully exciting bits to to come!

Also bout damn time for a new OP, hated this one, feels like its been on forever too which has made it worse. >_<
Dedication Through Light
(04-01-2012, 05:25 PM)

Originally Posted by Conrad Link

Also bout damn time for a new OP, hated this one, feels like its been on forever too which has made it worse. >_<

How could you hate the OP it had nice style to it

Conrad Link
(04-01-2012, 11:00 PM)
Would have made a funny ending maybe.
Desmond
(04-03-2012, 11:55 AM)
Rock Lee ep. 1

This is so silly.

How come Naruto never got an OP by Hironobu Kageyama?
metsallica
(04-03-2012, 03:09 PM)
That show started? Is it being simulcast anywhere?
Desmond
(04-03-2012, 03:16 PM)

Originally Posted by metsallica

That show started? Is it being simulcast anywhere?

Crunchyroll

Is that the official English title and Logo? eww
Dedication Through Light
(04-03-2012, 03:18 PM)
Thats Lord Orocohimaru?! what even, lol
Desmond
(04-03-2012, 03:24 PM)

Thats Lord Orocohimaru?! what even, lol

Yep, Lee was exaggerating about the foes Naruto has fought
Dedication Through Light
(04-03-2012, 04:30 PM)

I need to see it fast.
metsallica
(04-03-2012, 10:48 PM)

Crunchyroll

Is that the official English title and Logo? eww

Watched the first episode during lunch, loved it! It's goofy but strangely endearing.
Skidd
(04-03-2012, 10:52 PM)

Originally Posted by Majine

Dat Hinata cleavage.

I'm sure there's a deep backstory there somewhere.
Dedication Through Light
(04-04-2012, 11:24 PM)
Ah saw the episode, really I think its just best suited for kids and for really hardcore fans who somehow wanted more time with Tenten (who talks so much). SD did have some funny moments in the two skits in episode 1 though. Baffled at Neji's response to Lee

Also hilarious how Naruto still ends up winning when he isnt the main character.