• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks

5+ years running!

Often imitated... Never duplicated....

Man. I'm old. It's my birthday this month, someone make me feel good :( ?

The monthly tradition on NeoGAF! Since November 2006 <3 !!!

6609858139_e6010a2877_b.jpg

For those of you new to this thread, this is a place for us to show off our new pickups and discuss them!

REMINDER! Or get banned!

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

6434662657_d8e641d917_o.jpg

Mods are <3 and have banned people that DO NOT READ/FOLLOW the op!

ALSO!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

ARCHIVES:

Oh yea I wanted to say one more thing!!

6434662657_d8e641d917_o.jpg

---

Here are some things I got in March of 2012! :D

542773_10150647453028883_507353882_9427971_277756026_n.jpg

528167_10150647447538883_507353882_9427967_908575279_n.jpg

539691_10150645760923883_507353882_9423346_1976116417_n.jpg

380586_10150640386918883_507353882_9402168_1624375641_n.jpg

423539_10150620939513883_507353882_9330491_1407403298_n.jpg

421845_10150617147683883_507353882_9319600_1938256349_n.jpg

429117_10150614937518883_507353882_9313068_670851001_n.jpg

532196266.jpg

Let's have a good APRIL!

purg3

slept with Malkin
just posted this in the other thread, probably should have waited but anyway...

Bzrxm.jpg

Life Cycles Blu-ray

Some of the most amazing mountain biking shots I've ever seen put to film. Looks absolutely stunning in HD. Some of the stuff in here is just mindblowing, also the soundtrack is pretty amazing.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
pretty decent week on pickups

PS2: Gitaroo Man
guitarooman.jpg

SNES: Megaman Soccer, Clay Fighter 2
claysoccer.jpg

SNES:King of the Monsters 2, Lost Vikings
kingofthevikings.jpg

NES:River city Ransom, Slalom
riverslalom.jpg

Genesis: Robocop vs Terminator, Krusty's Super Fun House
robocopvskrusty.jpg

and on monday ill be buying a new TV the bulb on my LCD tv burned out

SUPARSTARX

Banpresto Persona 4 Animation prize figures
7030692977_8ed8482087_c.jpg

A few new digital purchases
Sumioni
Ridge Racer Vita w/Gold Pass
Persona 3 Portable
FFTactics
7033606513_071b01888d_c.jpg

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Not April quite yet, but fuck it.

qe3V6.jpg

Finally got a 3DS. It took a year, but there are finally more than 5 games that I want to play. That, and the Target deal was good enough that I figured that now was definitely the time.

Still need to get das Frankenstick before I tackle RE. Though I dunno when I'll even open any of this. But it'll be kewl when I do.

Anony

i was looking through my old boxes to find the thumbstrap that came with the original ds
now i can play kid icarus (i think)

pic, all my gameboys, basically, my portable life

isny

napkin dispenser
i was looking through my old boxes to find the thumbstrap that came with the original ds
now i can play kid icarus (i think)

pic, all my gameboys, basically, my portable life

Wat? No GBC? Fo shame!

Also, good idea with the thumbstrap!

Bii

I'm liking that tokidoki Wolvie tee, Markman. I think I'll have to track one down in my size.

7033579421_6785122b26_b.jpg

The New iPad. 32GB Wi-Fi. $657
Incase Maki Sleeve. $20
Smart Cover Partner Snap On Slim-Fit Case. Crystal Clear. $4
I've had this since its launch on March 16th. I was so close to getting an iPad 2 for Christmas but opted to wait to see what the next iPad was going to be. I'm glad I waited. I find myself not wanting to play games on my iPhone 4 because the new iPad's retina display has spoiled me.

I needed a sleeve as I plan on just throwing my iPad into a bag instead of carrying it around out in the open. Also, the $4 snap on case works great on the new iPad despite it being advertised for last year's model. I'm not sure if I'll get a Smart Cover since the iPad + snap on case already fits snugly into the Maki Sleeve.

7033579457_c9828da7c0_b.jpg

Since my acquisition of the iPad, I'm converting to digital comics. I'm a relatively new comics reader (just started September '11) and I've already amassed quite a little collection. It's taking up way too much space and I don't plan on reselling the comics, which has made the decision already easier than I thought it would be. I'm a bit more selective now since DC issues tend to be $1 cheaper after it's been out a month. I'll wait on those while I grab the other comics that I've deemed must-reads on their release dates. Also bought, but not pictured, $150 in iTunes gift cards to pick up a few iPad apps and be set for a good few months when purchasing comics.

6886241792_35aa85d8d6_b.jpg

Had dinner at Monterey's Cannery Row Brewing Company. A tourist trap restaurant but their food was surprisingly good. I had the fisherman's stew (mussels, clams, shrimp, cod, squid, yum) while the lady had some chicken dish.

7032338383_e982587c12_b.jpg

6886241752_29e6b42368_b.jpg

Incase DSLR Sling Pack. Part of Incase's Camera Collection. $45

My camera has gone through many bags and I think I've finally found the perfect one. Having started with my Polo Sport backpack to a JanSport backpack and then a Timbuk2 messenger bag...I wanted something that would not only hold my camera but notebooks, other electronics and various little things to use it as an everyday bag. When I first saw this sling pack, I just knew it would work for me. Upon scouring the net for coupons to use at Incase's website, all of them were expired. In addition to no available coupons, it seems that the only time discounts are available is when Incase's Facebook page reaches a certain number of likes. The last discount they issued was for 45% off everything on their site due to having 45,000 likes. Word had it that they were going to do a 50% off coupon when they reach 50,000 likes. So I waited but not for too long (maybe two weeks?) when they finally hit that number. As soon as they made the discount available, I jumped on and bought this bag along with the Maki sleeve for half the price. I believe the sale only lasted less than 8 hours.

Just to see how comfortable and if the space suit my needs, I spent a day at Monterey, lugging it around at the Aquarium and the area surrounding it. I was able to fit my Canon 60D with the Canon 24-70mm L lens attached, Nintendo 3DS, PS Vita, iPad, chargers, memory cards, pens, keys and whathaveyou. The bag felt light and my shoulder wasn't strained from carrying it around for a few hours (unlike my Timbuk2 messenger bag which destroys my shoulders). Getting access to the bag is simple; just by slinging it towards the front of my body, all pockets/compartments are accessible. There's also a quick release buckle if I don't feel like hoisting the bag over my head. By nightfall, I even had more than enough room to fit various trinkets/foods/snacks that I bought earlier in the day...and still had more room to fit other things if needed (there are buckles on the side of the bag where I can attach a tripod). I'm definitely satisfied with this purchase and this bag has served me well so far. What I paid for it is a steal; I'd still buy it if I had to pay $90 for it.

Blunt

Banned
Been a good week. Finally got my hands on Rockman Mega World on Mega Drive, one of my personal 'grails', for a decent price and in fantastic condition. And because the Silent Hill HD Collection turned out to be a big smelly pile of poo I re-bought the PS2 originals, and some others, pre-owned at a store sale for peanuts and both in new condition. Kid Icarus Uprising on 3DS, some promo games and a box of Railgun figurines round it out.

There would of been a case of Heineken too but it's all gone except for a couple of empty green bottles and a feeling of deep shame and regret. Time for some scotch to chase the blues away!

2165375-20120401_123733___copy.jpg

Late March pick-ups:

25c25c50.jpg

ae74e31f.jpg

fa4f5573.jpg

8ec72a6c.jpg

6c4af1ee.jpg

T-shirt & poster were from the San Francisco Zelda concert while the Disgaea 4 figures are from NIS America's spring event.

guest1321

Bzrxm.jpg

Life Cycles Blu-ray

Some of the most amazing mountain biking shots I've ever seen put to film. Looks absolutely stunning in HD. Some of the stuff in here is just mindblowing, also the soundtrack is pretty amazing.
Great movie! I got it on DVD last year and after seeing the shots I've always wanted to see the HD version. I will say that it seemed much more artsy than sport like. A nice change up but for $35 and relative to the other biking movies out there I wasn't overly pleased with my purchase. Regardless it is entirely enjoyable which I'm sure you already know!

purg3

slept with Malkin
Great movie! I got it on DVD last year and after seeing the shots I've always wanted to see the HD version. I will say that it seemed much more artsy than sport like. A nice change up but for $35 and relative to the other biking movies out there I wasn't overly pleased with my purchase. Regardless it is entirely enjoyable which I'm sure you already know!

yeah I know what you mean, there are definitely better videos out there that showcase more technical riding and tricks, but this is just pure eye candy. I can watch the field segment on loop all day though, it's so awesome.

NFreak

Kid Icarus is fucking incredible. It's my favorite game of 2012 so far and I have really enjoyed Mass Effect 3 from the 25 hours I've played of the game. It helps that I haven't had a problem with the controls at all.

fpFmM.jpg

kXsQd.jpg

Added two new machines.

First up is Millipede, got it for cheap, just needed a rebuilt trackball and new Pokey chip

Then the BIG ONE. Finally found my grail and centerpiece of my arcade!

It is in amazing shape. Plays great.

robot

Ooooh man i love me some donkey kong. Such a great looking cabinet. You should hunt for a Mappy cabinet, it's pretty awesome.

Ooooh man i love me some donkey kong. Such a great looking cabinet. You should hunt for a Mappy cabinet, it's pretty awesome.

Running out of room. I have 8 now: Donkey Kong, Ms. Pac Man, Millipede, NBA JAM T.E., NFL Blitz 99, Mortal Kombat II, Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting, Outrun

Down the road I will pick up a Smash TV.

JBKapnMorg

Neo Member
Running out of room. I have 8 now: Donkey Kong, Ms. Pac Man, Millipede, NBA JAM T.E., NFL Blitz 99, Mortal Kombat II, Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting, Outrun

Down the road I will pick up a Smash TV.
Man how do you find the cabinets? Just sites like Craigslist, or Pawn shops, second-hand stores? And how do you afford them? Usually I see cabinets going for at least $500.

canocha

Que saudades de jogar isto :D
I'll never understand how the hell we got this in Portugal. A Japanese game with a region converter? Sure, why not?

I think the one i bought is actually the French version (at least its written in french).

The one i had as a kid, was the japanese version with a megakey 2 i think!

Sylver

Banned
Que saudades de jogar isto :D
I'll never understand how the hell we got this in Portugal. A Japanese game with a region converter? Sure, why not?
Because Spanish and French Dragonball fan phenomenon, the same reason we get Dragon Ball, Ranma SNES games, Saint Seiya PS2/PS3 games, Shin-Chan DS or so.

Top Bottom