• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*NO BOOK SPOILERS* Game of Thrones - Season 2 - Sundays on HBO (read rules in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
seriously. "No books spoilers" means, well... NO BOOKS SPOILERS.

tumblr_lpmdsj0bXo1r0s2j9o1_r1_500.png

Puddles

Banned
You can count on an absolute no-spoiler guarantee from me. I enjoy discussing the tv show on its own merits, as something separate from the book series, and this thread is the perfect place for that. I won't be making any "predictions" or "speculation" at all.

Seriously can't believe we're six days away.

scy

I can't wait till someone posts a spoiler and then seven people quote it.

My favorite are out of context statements that aren't really spoilers ... until someone quotes it and says it's a spoiler. Though, I can't really think of a good example right now besides speculation being confirmed through "dude, spoiler!" comments.

Altazor

My favorite are out of context statements that aren't really spoilers ... until someone quotes it and says it's a spoiler. Though, I can't really think of a good example right now besides speculation being confirmed through "dude, spoiler!" comments.

like that Drizz Lannister becoming Ki... OH NOES I SAID TOO MUCH.

EDIT: I'M JUST JOKING. In any case, I won't be making more of these unfunny jokes in this thread ;)

sangreal

The spoiler thread actually has some good examples of why seemingly mundane posts can be spoilers. Maybe if they were posted in this thread people will get it

A reminder:
SPOILER RULES:

- ABSOLUTELY NO BOOK SPOILERS. It doesn't matter if they're under spoiler tags, they should not be in this thread. Use the other thread for book-related television discussion. This includes alluding to things, subtle hinting, comparing the books to the show, etc...

- Regular TV thread rules apply:
  • Once something airs in the US on the East Coast, it's fair game. Feel free to discuss anything that has aired without using spoiler tags.
  • Anything that hasn't aired yet should be spoiler tagged including information from HBO previews, loglines, trailers, interviews, and a few other places.
  • Speculation from people that haven't read the books is fine and encouraged.

- For the non-book readers using this thread:
  • If you have any questions about plot points or want clarification on something, feel free to send a PM to any of the helpful volunteers (see below) and ask them.
  • If you're curious about how things unfolded differently the book, please use the other thread.

- For the book readers that want to lurk in this thread:
  • No taunting or teasing:
    e.g. "Oh, just wait until you guys see what happens to him next week!!!"
  • No leading questions:
    e.g. "What do you think will happen to this character by the end of the season?"
  • No comparing the book to the show:
    e.g. "Well, that's different than in the book where they..."
  • Answering questions is fine when the information is readily available from what has aired on the show.
    e.g. Q: "Wait, how is Robb related to Ned?" A: "Robb is Ned's son."

The bottom line is that this thread was created for people that haven't read the books to enjoy and discuss the television show. Keep their interests in mind and let them enjoy the show on their own terms without constantly pestering them. In general, there isn't a good reason for book readers to post in this thread. Thanks for your help.
It does not help to have book readers in here constantly joking about spoilers. Please use the other thread if you've read the books and let the non-book readers enjoy the show on their own terms. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

scy

A reminder:
It does not help to have book readers in here constantly joking about spoilers. Please use the other thread if you've read the books and let the non-book readers enjoy the show on their own terms. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

True. I'll behave / just lurk here. I like the discussion in this better than the book thread, though.

A reminder:

I'm guessing you should just quote this on every page for the duration of the season.

Maybe 2 or 3 times per page.

A very well done OP and to those who contributed

Just about to finish the first book, what an incredible read (except for certain characters that were a complete bore).

Shame I have to avoid this thread while i'm about to start on the second book

Puddles

Banned
Finished my Season 1 rewatch.

A really great moment is when Hot Pie and another boy are threatening Arya.

Boy: I've seen him kick a boy to death.
Hot Pie: I knocked him down, and I kicked him in the balls, and I kept kicking him until he was dead. I kicked him all to pieces. You better give me that sword!
Arya (drawing sword): You want it? I'll give it to you. I already killed one fat boy. I'll bet you never killed anyone. I'll bet you're a liar. But I'm not. I'm good at killing fat boys. I like killing fat boys.

Arya is in a really compelling scenario going into Season 2.

X-Frame

The other thread obviously is going to be way more active, like for S1, so I am a bit disappointed in myself that I didn't read the books by now. Oh well, I should be safe in here.

Maffis

Can't wait till tomorrow so I can finally watch the first two eps of S2.

Though I might watch Wrestlemania first

So excited!

563384_329883577070508_171198346272366_909071_125621729_n.jpg

more: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.329883543737178.76518.171198346272366&type=1

is it just me or does she look like a totally different person in this photo? yeah I know photoshop etc. etc. but still.

AND ALSO PLEASE, DON'T TALK ABOUT ANY CHARACTERS IN FUTURE SEASONS UNLESS YOU'RE JUST SPECULATING. I got spoiled so much from the other thread when I just started the series because people talked about certain characters in future books. It takes away the suspense since you will know that character survives.

MMaRsu

Banned
I got spoiled on neds beheading and dragons by a colleague at work,what a fucker. Im very curious to see s2, i had a blast with the first season!

Anton668

cant believe its almost here!

On a side note, Hulu had a TV show bracket going on and.... um.... GoT lost to Sons of Anarchy! What the fuck is wrong with ppl?!??!?!?!?

Eric C

I wasn't following the casting news this past year, but Joe Dempsie from the UK show "Skins" was already cast last year as Gendry. Did I spot another "Skins" actor, Hannah Murray? She was the wife/daughter of that wildling guy, I didn't catch the character names.

So it looks like Joffery is killing off all of his fathers bastards.

I wish they would've shown more Arya tonight, guess I'll have to wait until next week.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Good episode but obviously just a setup for the rest of the season. I loved the scene with the wolf. I knew it was CGI but it was pretty convincing. With so many different plot lines I get the feeling that everyone is going to have an episode where their favorite characters barely get shown. Sadly Arya is one of my favs so I'm sad she didn't even get a line.

Interesting the Peter Dinklage gets top billing this season with Sean Bean gone. Well deserved.

freshair

Literally had a difficult time keeping up with who is who and what is what. I guess a year really is a long time, haha.

All in all good solid episode though. POWER IS POWER.

Also loved the line that Dinklage's character said early on in regards to Cerci. Something about the only thing you have going for you is your love for your children and your cheekbones. :lol

I wasn't following the casting news this past year, but Joe Dempsie from the UK show "Skins" was already cast last year as Gendry. Did I spot another "Skins" actor, Hannah Murray? She was the wife/daughter of that wildling guy, I didn't catch the character names.

So it looks like Joffery is killing off all of his fathers bastards.

I wish they would've shown more Arya tonight, guess I'll have to wait until next week.

Yes you did, she was one of the wives. Cassie is it? I'm just waiting for Sid or Tony to show up next.

Cyan

Banned
Interesting the Peter Dinklage gets top billing this season with Sean Bean gone. Well deserved.

:O

Tyrion Lannister next on the chopping block? Nooooooooo!!

Man, great to have the show back on again. Kind of a bummer that this episode was only setup and reminding us what was going on, but I suppose that's inevitable for the new season. Good stuff anyway.

Is this season going to be ten episodes like the last one?

Literally five seconds of Arya in this episode. I really hope next week is Arya-centric.

A man after my own heart.

Dany

Banned
10 episodes same as last.

I liked hte episode, I can understand why some would feel it was disjointed, the premiere but I felt like it worked for the most part.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Also loved the line that Dinklage's character said early on in regards to Cerci. Something about the only thing you have going for you is your love for your children and your cheekbones. :lol

Yes, LOL, I think it was about how loving her children was her one redeeming quality, that and her cheekbones. It was good to have some humour amidst all the
baby killing.

So it looks like with got 5 different houses vying for control this season. 3 Baratheon's quibling, the Starks coming from the North and Ms. Targaryen trying to figure out which path to take.

I don't know anything about Melisandre, but I already like how mystical she appears to be.

GorillaJu

Fucking love this show - episode 1 was a good introduction for the season I'm sure. I wish the episodes were like 6 hours long. Dying to know what happens.

The wolf scene was great because it was the first time we see Jamie drop his false bravado. He was straight up shitting his pants, which was nice to see.

Cyan

Banned
I'm confused by the comet and it's meaning. But nobody tell me?!

It's red for the Lannisters, so it means they'll win. Or else it's red for the Stark blood that the Lannisters shed, so it means that they'll lose.

Or else it's dragons.

AiTM

Banned
I'm confused by the comet and it's meaning. But nobody tell me?!

I thought the Dragons returning was the meaning. ie Khaleesi

Also, the red headed crazy witch woman with Stanis, does she represent the old gods? Or just some other God? And she was burning the new 7 Gods right?

Cyan

Banned
I thought the Dragons returning was the meaning. ie Khaleesi

Also, the red headed crazy witch woman with Stanis, does she represent the old gods? Or just some other God? And she was burning the new 7 Gods right?

She represents the Lightbringer, which seems to be an even newer god. Possibly something to do with the comet?

HOLY FUCK AT THE ENDING

Why were the killing all the younglings at the end?

Joffrey is turning into Darth Vader.

Real answer: the episode's bodycount was way too low.

Real real answer: presumably it was ordered by the Joff or his mom to hide potential evidence of his real daddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom