• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

BillRiccio
Member
(04-03-2012, 01:08 AM)
BillRiccio's Avatar
Mania live was something else, let me tell you. I'm going to post some of the main things I remember because I just got home and have only slept 1 hour in the past two days.

I was so excited for Bryan and Sheamus. I really thought we were going to get 15 minutes of awesome. After the brog kick and the 1,2,3 I sat in my chair with my head down for a good 15 seconds in utter shock. The whole stadium went crazy though and while I wouldn't have booked things that way the fans loved it.

Kane beating Blandy Boreton was a awesome. Nobody wanted Blandy to win in my section and Kane got a pretty nice pop when he got the 1,2,3.

Taker and HHH was epic live and in person. Everyone in the stadium was standing for a majority of the match. They told such a great story in the ring that they didn't need to have a 5 star wrestling match or do crazy insane bumps. People were buying all the near falls and after the Superkick/Pedigree combo 99% of people thought that was it. Everyone I talked to during and after the event loved the match.

Punk and Jericho started slow and the audience kinda lost interest for the first 15 minutes. Then they started exchanging finishers and submissions and people were going nuts for the rest of the match. I was a little disappointed in the match but it was still pretty freaking good.

Cena and Rock was electric. I had goosebumps for The Rock's entrance. The crowd was white hot thoughout. I'm not sure why alot of you were expecting a 5 star wrestling clinic but I thought for who was in the ring they delivered. I kept saying all weekend Rock should win but Cena will most probably walk out the winner. Let me tell you when The Rock got the 1,2,3 I started jumping up and down in my seat high fiving anyone and everyone and even hugging grown ass adult males. I wasn't the only person doing this either, 95% of the stadium was also!!!

So all and all Mania was off the charts awesome for anyone who went. Everyone afterwards was so happy, it was like are team had just won the Super Bowl or something.

Plus I saw both ROH shows which were good to great. The Saturday DGUSA show which was off the charts amazing and $5 wrestling during which I laughed so hard it hurt. Also I met some really awesome people and got to talk about nothing but wrestling for three days. It was a dream come true. I didn't have to feel like a loser for liking wrestling. Seriously people if you call yourself a wrestling fan or a member of Wrassle-Gaf you'll be in New York next year, otherwise I'll be saying this to you

Also wanted to say big ups to mechashiva and his dude Max for carpooling to Mania with me, introducing me to all his friends, and then talking wrestling and yelling "yes" at passersby with me till 5 this morning!!!

I'm counting down the days until next year!!!
IC_Champion
Member
(04-03-2012, 01:54 AM)
IC_Champion's Avatar

Originally Posted by nemss


The entire Diva's roster is just flat out shitty. The few that actually have in-ring talent are wasted by other female talent that are clearly there for the T & A portion. Don't get me wrong, I like seeing that as much as the next guy, but I also want to see ladies that can actually compete and carry a match.

Shouldn't there be a Diva's Tag Team division?
Christopher
(04-03-2012, 02:45 AM)
Christopher's Avatar
I agree nemess it's like the WWE purposely shit on their division after they let go of Jazz, Molly, Nidia, Gail, Jacqueline and Ivory in one fell swoop...
NoRéN
Member
(04-03-2012, 03:46 AM)
NoRéN's Avatar

Originally Posted by BillRiccio

Mania live was something else, let me tell you. I'm going to post some of the main things I remember because I just got home and have only slept 1 hour in the past two days.

I was so excited for Bryan and Sheamus. I really thought we were going to get 15 minutes of awesome. After the brog kick and the 1,2,3 I sat in my chair with my head down for a good 15 seconds in utter shock. The whole stadium went crazy though and while I wouldn't have booked things that way the fans loved it.

WAIT! You mean to tell me that all the angry internet fans that were bitching about that were wrong?! The fans did enjoy that? But everyone said no one did? I mean, why should I believe you? It's not like you were there...ohh.
TDK Rises
Member
(04-03-2012, 04:24 AM)
TDK Rises's Avatar
Here comes the pain! Lesnar F5 on Cena
IC_Champion
Member
(04-03-2012, 05:32 AM)
IC_Champion's Avatar
Cole is loving this too much.
Seraphis Cain
bad gameplay lol
(04-03-2012, 05:36 AM)
Seraphis Cain's Avatar

Originally Posted by NoRéN

WAIT! You mean to tell me that all the angry internet fans that were bitching about that were wrong?! The fans did enjoy that? But everyone said no one did? I mean, why should I believe you? It's not like you were there...ohh.

Yep, people actually loved it. That's why Bryan was the most over person on the roster at Raw tonight, and why people were chanting his name and his catchphrase all night long. And that's why Sheamus got booed out of the building. Because people loved it.
NoRéN
Member
(04-03-2012, 05:45 AM)
NoRéN's Avatar

Originally Posted by Seraphis Cain

Yep, people actually loved it. That's why Bryan was the most over person on the roster at Raw tonight, and why people were chanting his name and his catchphrase all night long. And that's why Sheamus got booed out of the building. Because people loved it.

Oh, hyperbole.
IC_Champion
Member
(04-03-2012, 05:46 AM)
IC_Champion's Avatar
WTF! A TKO in Wrestling?
vferrel
Member
(04-03-2012, 05:50 AM)
vferrel's Avatar
EDIT: Just realized this is the Mania thread.
Killing_Joke
Member
(04-03-2012, 05:58 AM)
Killing_Joke's Avatar
Bryan's loss pissed off the crowd BUT the crowd did pop big for the win. I guess it was a omg awesome moment but then realized wtf happened.
Seraphis Cain
bad gameplay lol
(04-03-2012, 05:59 AM)
Seraphis Cain's Avatar

Originally Posted by NoRéN

Oh, hyperbole.

Did you watch Raw? There was virtually no positive response to Sheamus at all. Hell, the crowd erupted in Cena-level boos at a mere PICTURE of Sheamus on the Tron.
Plywood
NeoGAF's smiling token!
(04-03-2012, 06:00 AM)
Plywood's Avatar

Originally Posted by UberTag

Cena shouldn't turn heel. He should just become a different kind of face. And he should lose clean to people who aren't The Rock. And he should sell his opponent's offense. And he should be emotionally invested in feuds that organically develop.

In other words, he should be the face he was in 2006 when he was feuding with Edge.

Boom.

Heel turn won't do him no real good now.
MC Safety
Member
(04-04-2012, 03:36 AM)
MC Safety's Avatar

Originally Posted by Aiii

So, they'll request Sheamus instead. I'm sure the irish loaf would love to grant some wishes.

Hulk Hogan, Rock, Austin, they all turned heel after long runs as huge faces, it's not the end of the world and in a few years he can grant more wishes then he ever did when he turns back.

That's not the point. They'd be changing the character for the sake of hardcore fans who will hate Cena regardless of his alignment.

Like it or not, the bad guys can't be goodwill ambassadors the way the good guys can.
rvd2kewl
Member
(04-04-2012, 04:03 AM)
rvd2kewl's Avatar
I gotta catch up on this thread. I'm hanging around Miami until the end of the week though so it'll probably happen over the weekend. I just wanted to chime in and say this past week was AWESOME. The Hall of Fame, Wrestlemania, and Raw were unbelievable shows (live at least, not sure how they came across on TV). Raw was freakin' awesome for the "YES!" chants alone that took place all the way to the streets.

Axxess was amazing too. I bought a replica WWE Championship title (spinner belt) before last week because I planned to hit most of the sessions. Ended up coming out of the weekend with it signed by Ultimate Warrior (Chicago, week before), CM Punk, Edge, John Cena, Triple H, Randy Orton, Shawn Michaels, Chris Jericho, Alberto Del Rio, Mick Foley, Daniel Bryan, Big Show, Sheamus, Christian, and Ted Dibiase Jr (he signed a poster for me and then offered to sign the title so I said "Yeah, sure"). Punk loved signing next to Warrior and even asked to take a picture of it (which he later tweeted).



Packed a couple DVD's for the trip too and I'm glad I did because I ended up getting them signed.



What an awesome week!

Top 3 people with the fans IMO were Sheamus, DiBiase, and Jinder Mahal. Mahal's line wasn't nearly as long as everyone else, of course, but he was great to the people that did go up to him.

The only negative experience really was, surprisingly, Chris Jericho. I went up to him and he stopped for a moment to text someone. Didn't even say hi or look up. He signed the title, I said 'Thank you' and he still didn't look up or say a word. Heard a couple similar stories the next day from other people that were in that line. Not sure if that's a regular thing with him or if he was just in a hurry because he showed up like 40 minutes late and the Hall of Fame was taking place a few hours later.

Edit: One other note from Axxess: When Big Show went to sign the title he said "Who the hell signed THAT big?" When I told him it was Warrior he said "That sounds about right." LOL. Likely has to do with Hogan & Show being good friends.
Last edited by rvd2kewl; 04-04-2012 at 04:14 AM.
Etrian Oddity
Member
(04-07-2012, 07:24 PM)
Etrian Oddity's Avatar
So did they change the head booker or what? This is crazy. The Punk-Jericho angle, A-Train and Lesnar are back, and Alberto Del Rio is back in the title picture?

I haven't paid attention to WWE in a while, but this looks like it could be the best year for the WWE in a long, long time.
SoulPlaya
more money than God
(04-07-2012, 07:25 PM)
SoulPlaya's Avatar

Originally Posted by Etrian Oddity

So did they change the head booker or what? This is crazy. The Punk-Jericho angle, A-Train and Lesnar are back, and Alberto Del Rio is back in the title picture?

I haven't paid attention to WWE in a while, but this looks like it could be the best year for the WWE in a long, long time.

Naw, it'll suck. Trust me. Besides, being the best in a long, long time means nothing.
Skilotonn
xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
(04-07-2012, 07:47 PM)
Skilotonn's Avatar

Originally Posted by rvd2kewl

I gotta catch up on this thread. I'm hanging around Miami until the end of the week though so it'll probably happen over the weekend. I just wanted to chime in and say this past week was AWESOME. The Hall of Fame, Wrestlemania, and Raw were unbelievable shows (live at least, not sure how they came across on TV). Raw was freakin' awesome for the "YES!" chants alone that took place all the way to the streets.

Axxess was amazing too. I bought a replica WWE Championship title (spinner belt) before last week because I planned to hit most of the sessions. Ended up coming out of the weekend with it signed by Ultimate Warrior (Chicago, week before), CM Punk, Edge, John Cena, Triple H, Randy Orton, Shawn Michaels, Chris Jericho, Alberto Del Rio, Mick Foley, Daniel Bryan, Big Show, Sheamus, Christian, and Ted Dibiase Jr (he signed a poster for me and then offered to sign the title so I said "Yeah, sure"). Punk loved signing next to Warrior and even asked to take a picture of it (which he later tweeted).



Packed a couple DVD's for the trip too and I'm glad I did because I ended up getting them signed.



What an awesome week!

Top 3 people with the fans IMO were Sheamus, DiBiase, and Jinder Mahal. Mahal's line wasn't nearly as long as everyone else, of course, but he was great to the people that did go up to him.

The only negative experience really was, surprisingly, Chris Jericho. I went up to him and he stopped for a moment to text someone. Didn't even say hi or look up. He signed the title, I said 'Thank you' and he still didn't look up or say a word. Heard a couple similar stories the next day from other people that were in that line. Not sure if that's a regular thing with him or if he was just in a hurry because he showed up like 40 minutes late and the Hall of Fame was taking place a few hours later.

Edit: One other note from Axxess: When Big Show went to sign the title he said "Who the hell signed THAT big?" When I told him it was Warrior he said "That sounds about right." LOL. Likely has to do with Hogan & Show being good friends.

Just saw this - man you hit big right there. I gotta make a Wrestlemania live weekend happen sometime in my lifetime for sure.
Htown
STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
(04-07-2012, 08:08 PM)
Htown's Avatar

Originally Posted by SoulPlaya

Naw, it'll suck. Trust me. Besides, being the best in a long, long time means nothing.

Yeah, we learned that when they fucking smothered the CM Punk angle last summer, which was the hottest shit WWE had seen in years. They were getting mainstream attention and fucked it up.

Thanks, Hunter.
Keyser Soze
Member
(04-07-2012, 08:37 PM)
Keyser Soze's Avatar
It is a pity Ted Dibiase Jr ruined the belt, hopefully you can find so way to rub off the signature

Thread Tools