• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deeku

Wait, Sal you weren't posting during this time when you were in UK...? Which could only mean you're back in crummy QLD!

Which means I missed my gif posting opportunity, again:/

midonnay

:p

onwards to E3

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=36654621&postcount=115

3TGYgl.jpg

Jintor

Eh.

Jint, if you have not done so yet, you must read

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1400078970/?tag=neogaf0e-20

and when it comes out here

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006CQQNE8/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I just read Rubicon, which is why it was on my mind, but I come to this from the rather biased perspective of reading the Masters of Rome series years ago which basically paints Caesar as the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Republic Rome was so awesome. Well, probably it was fucking terrible to actually live in. But as a story setting it's really cool.

Kritz

Banned
AusGAF Game Night Thingy Maybe?:

header_292x136.jpg

How much is it? It is five dollars.
Where do you get it? From this place, also known as Steam
How large is it? 8GB.
How long is it on sale for? For one more day. 20 hours.
How many players? TWENTY OR TEN OR EIGHT I DON'T KNOW. XENOS SAYS 20. WE WON'T GET THAT MANY PEOPLE. WHAT.

When are we going to play it? Tonight or tomorrow.
Are we going to use Mumble? Fuck yes we are. mumble.danoss.net : 10029

MENTION YOUR ENTHUSIASM HERE OR IN CHAT.

For the new page. Who was in?

Xenos, Shaenus, Fogz? Probably also Aon.

Anyone else?

Danoss

If someone buys me Blur, I'll play it.

I'll also complain about how much I hate it and how video games are stupid, and make them wish they never bought it for me. Takers?

Shaneus

For the new page. Who was in?

Xenos, Shaenus, Fogz? Probably also Aon.

Anyone else?
Most likely, depending on time. There's a small but manageable window in which I'll be able to appear, both tonight *and* tomorrow. Probably around, say, 8-10ish tonight, I'd think.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Does anyone live near any of these EB stores? like walking distance or if anyone frequents these areas.. They have 20gig 2nd hand xbox 360's for sale for $100, thought i'd see if anyone could pick one up for me? I'll pay you $20 for your hard work + send you the money first :)

EB Games Werribee Plaza
Cnr Derrimut & Heaths Rd Werribee VIC 3030
(03) 9748 6488 28 km

EB Games Dandenong
25-55 McCrae Street Dandenong VIC 3175
(03) 9793 8011 30 km

EB Games Fountain Gate
352 Princes Hwy Narre Warren VIC 3805
(03) 9705 6400 38 km

EB Games Karingal
330 Cranbourne Road Karingal VIC 3199
(03) 8790 8055 42 km

EB Games Cranbourne
High St Cranbourne VIC 3977
(03) 5995 4671 44 km

Danoss

I quite like this ad I just saw for a Monster Manual for any GUMSHOE system RPG, namely Trail of Cthulhu, Fear Itself and others. I bought that book ages ago and the shit inside is seriously creepy. First time I'd seen this awesome ad for it.

Boken

Banned
I've had several people try to sell me on Avatar for yeeeears, but I have yet to check it out.

Do it man, I stayed away from it until last week due to my disdain for the idea of western anime but it's pretty damn good... and it's socially acceptable to like, not like My Little Pony.

Deeku

Do it man, I stayed away from it until last week due to my disdain for the idea of western anime but it's pretty damn good... and it's socially acceptable to like, not like My Little Pony.
LOL

exactly the reason why I haven't checked it out - it's that weird western cartoon style that gets me.

And don't worry jint, I already have my bro in law annoying me about it every freakin week. Like, a grown ass mid 30s dude getting so excited about legend of koral or whatever.

I'll watch a couple of eps over easter.

Kritz

Banned
Western Anime is so much better than actual anime. :p

For one, the target demographics are much younger. I'll take an innocent "kid gets a sweet sword and goes and punches some bad guys" story over "angsty teenager in carbon copy japanese highschool can't relate to anyone. Also has a sword but it's ten times the size of him and acts as some social metaphor about the kid's internal conflict and he doesn't want to use the sword anyway because he's a coward".

Yes, I just compared Adventure Time with Bleach.

MATHEMATICAL

Yagharek

Evangelion made me want to punch the characters through the tv screen.

About the only anime I can enjoy is Miyazaki films like howls moving castle. And I think appleseed was alright, but that was kind of cliched. Or there was one with some dude who had a bionic eye and some hyperextending bo/staff thingy.

I have yet to see GITS and akira fails at a space odyssey poignancy.

Evangelion made me want to punch the characters through the tv screen.

About the only anime I can enjoy is Miyazaki films like howls moving castle. And I think appleseed was alright, but that was kind of cliched. Or there was one with some dude who had a bionic eye and some hyperextending bo/staff thingy.

I have yet to see GITS and akira fails at a space odyssey poignancy.

Those are all ooooold. Though I guess it depends on what you're looking for, what kind of shows you like.

Deeku

I mostly watch the moe slice of life comedy animes cos I'm lame.

Though I've been watching some Macross stuff recently which is pretty rad.

Kritz

Banned
You didn't watch enough Bleach to determine why it went truly bad

I watched enough bleach to think that what I was watching was filler. Then I learned it was apparently when the show was good.

By comparison, I think that Anime movies are actually kinda decent. Though I've only actually seen, um, one or two Ghibli films, the girl who leapt through time (
barring the "we couldn't work how to put this exposition into the story so we're literally going to stop time and spend ten minutes explaining the entire plot of the movie" info-dump at the end
), um. At some point I watched Akira. And that might actually be it.

I'm still of the mind that Cowboy Bebop, Baccano! and FLCL are the only three anime anyone ever need watch. Maybe also the first half of Death Note. And Dragon Ball. I don't think you can enjoy Gurran Laggen without having a larger reference source and it's not really worth watching a lot of anime to be able to appreciate the quality of it in its fullest.

Oh, oh. And both Full Metal Alchemists. Both of them.

I'm always willing to watch an anime if it looks good enough, but generally I find most recommendations even from people who have taste in the matter are complete rubbish.]

That last line was essentially me saying, "if you tell me an anime that I should watch - movie or otherwise - I will go and watch it". Because I am really quite starved for television entertainment at the moment. :(

Boken

Banned
Vince sounds like he'd like no bullshit anime like

GURREN FUCKING LAGANN
watch it man

yea
so good

or
SAMURAI CHAMPLOOOoooOOo

oh yeah, FMA is ace.
Kritz you should watch Ouran Host Club. If theres an anime that requires a larger reference source to enjoy, it's that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom