Originally Posted by Huw_Dawson
I'm somewhat baffled by the AH3 comparison. First of all, that game had a special edition with a mousepad with stick-out breasts. Secondly, the box art. Thirdly, everyone in that game is younger than sixteen, if memory serves.
Skullgirls and AH3 share an all female cast and are both 2d fighting games.
I'm honestly quite fuckin' tired of the Skullgirls/Arcana Heart comparsion.
Yeah, it's an all-girl roster.
Yeah, it has fanservice. (Which I actually dislike in SG)
However, the differences is that Skullgirls
only have one "loli," which doesn't have fucking big breasts! Not only that, but Arcana Heart 3 is a terrible, terrible fighter. Good concept? Yes, but terrible, terrible execution (so bad) and I bet my left leg that Based Broads would be thrice as better than Pedo Heart. Thrice.
*pictures of godlike fighting game characters, which I all use*
The reason why The King of Fighters
get slack is because of two reasons:
- People don't care about non-Capcom fighters.
- People know that KOF always had such good games that no one care about the minor stuff.
Of course, compare this to other genres of entertainment and it'll look worse or better than them by comparison. But SF has a character that wears a skintight leotard that makes her backside look huge and people call out Skullgirls?
2 few hatas.
And just to get away from the Skullgirls vs MVC2 thing... Things that MvC2 does better than Skullgirls:
1) A slightly larger roster of usable characters - Magneto, Sentinel, Storm, Psylocke, Doom, Cable, Captain Commando as your top tier, then Iron Man, Tron, Juggernaut, Cyclops, maybe one or two others. Maybe twice this roster size as the absolute maximum - but MSP and MSS are extremely dominant.
Thank you for not being a retard.
Because you are a retard, if you honestly think 4-6 characters are only usable (tournament-wise) to win.
2) I'M GONNA TAKE YOU FOR A RI-I-IDE
3) Fun brokenness. Unblockables, 300% combos, etc. If you like that sort of thing.
I do. :(
Originally Posted by Lazy vs Crazy
Which one of you has been playing SFxT on PSN under the name Buy Skullgirls?
Reverge Labs; Pay that man. Now.
Originally Posted by Sixfortyfive
<- absolutely loathes this game's roster
I don't get the hate for the game's roster, especially design-wise and this is coming from a guy who favors Parasoul and her plain ol' design before this game blew up.