• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

zap

The TU Zero Bloom Beta playlist is exactly that. Super Slayer is 85% bloom.

The Arena is 85% bloom but with only Sprint and Hologram. I haven't touched Reach in a few weeks but that sounds pretty great.

Only problem is that you only have two options to vote for - they should add another and make ForgeWorld maps less heavily weighted.

Otherwise, easily best normal playlist in Reach.

senador

Banned
Only problem is that you only have two options to vote for - they should add another and make ForgeWorld maps less heavily weighted.

Otherwise, easily best normal playlist in Reach.

I'm ok with only 2 voting options but the plethora of sucky Forge maps does blow. Now is a great time to hit Arena, about 8000 in it earlier when I played.

I'm ok with only 2 voting options but the plethora of sucky Forge maps does blow. Now is a great time to hit Arena, about 8000 in it earlier when I played.
Yeah, I'm also not too concerned with having only 2 voting options since it's DMR starts 100% of the time. Also, the other team can't see your vote so that pretty much eliminates top voting just to screw with the other team.

I wonder if Halo 4 will be multiple discs. Seems like an awful lot of content and art assets going into this game.

That is kind of the beauty of removing Firefight..
Now they only have multiplayer maps and the campaign on the disc.
They add the coop missions over time through download to hard drive.
I wouldn't be surprised if it is one disc.
But then again.. now that they are using HD textures, IDK.

I wonder if they are going to do what Battlefield 3 did, require you to download some data to your hard drive to stream it off of that.
I would be surprised if they did that though since not all Xbox's have HDDs, and Halo is a first party exclusive.

Kibbles

dax

dixO9H2H9EZUm.gif

That video was great. The belts, lol so good.

wwm0nkey

I wonder if Halo 4 will be multiple discs. Seems like an awful lot of content and art assets going into this game.

Here is exactly how I see it going

Halo 4 disc 1: Halo 4 SP

Halo 4 disc 2: Disc is labeled "Infinity" has MP and Spartan Ops

There is no way SP and Spartan OPs are going to be on the same disc.

Ramirez

What I find funny is that Tunavi says Halo 3 is horrible, but wants Halo 4 to play nothing like Reach, what exactly is your ideal Halo?

Played some 3 today... The BR was great. The lack of feedback from it was not. The brute shot felt powerful. Can't wait to see and hear how 4 plays out with gun feedback.

Tunavi

Banned
What I find funny is that Tunavi says Halo 3 is horrible, but wants Halo 4 to play nothing like Reach, what exactly is your ideal Halo?
Ideal halo to me is basically classic halo 1/2. simple sandbox, no gimmicks like AA's or equipment, hitscan, no underpowered weapons, fast but balanced gameplay.

Halo 3's problem to me is that all the weapons are too weak, Reach's problem is that the AA's are too overpowered in the sandbox

wwm0nkey

^ Sounds good to me. 343, y'all should talk about this in the next podcast.

Halo 3 MLG is the way to go when playing Halo 3. Heretic, Guardian, The Pit. Umph umph

I would imagine it being a two disc game (which is a safe bet with Spartan OPs) is something that 343 would be able to talk about.

Then again they are probably going to wait until it goes gold to tell us.

Booshka

Nah, he's right. Halo 2 pre-update was complete and utter shit.

The only fun thing to do pre-update in H2 was the Rocket Sword lunge glitch to adventure out and all over the maps. I spent most of my time in Customs doing goofy glitches and getting out of maps rather than play the actual game in Matchmaking.

Perfect multiplayer for me would be a mix of Halo 2, 3, and reach. More fast paced like 2 with hitscan and mobility but some of the guns and auto aim being toned down like 3. And take reach's hitboxes and pistol

Stat!

Hey - I haven't played Halo: Reach in months. Any one (really really good who wants to carry me to victory ;) ) want to play with an average to slightly above average player in a variety of game types? Possible customs if we get enough people?

GT is ACES11 if anyone is up tonight

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Hey - I haven't played Halo: Reach in months. Any one (really really good who wants to carry me to victory) want to play with an average to slightly above average player in a variety of game types? Possible customs if we get enough people?

GT is ACES11 if anyone is up tonight

Hit up Ghaleon, he's probably the best player here.

So you can snipe with relative ease?

Well the one thing I meant by that was that in every halo except for reach, getting headshots from the back of someones head was impossible. Its like the hitbox wasnt even there. Thats the one thing I liked about the hitboxes from reach. Also looking down while you run away is far less effective in reach which is a plus.

Havok

Well the one thing I meant by that was that in every halo except for reach, getting headshots from the back of someones head was impossible. Its like the hitbox wasnt even there. Thats the one thing I liked about the hitboxes from reach. Also looking down while you run away is far less effective in reach which is a plus.
Why is that a plus? It was one of the skills that helped separate good players from bad ones. It could be circumvented by a good jump shot and it was always satisfying to barely get away from a fight you couldn't win like that. Unlike sprinting or evading away, it wasn't just a press of the button that ended a fight.

Still doesn't excuse how far Bungie went with Halo 2's magnetism, auto aim and inclusion of lunge.

Given what MS demanded at the time for network conditions, it is understandable. What isn't really understandable is how Bungie barely toned that stuff down in Halo 3 despite the massive leap in internet standards during that time. At least they did it a bit in Reach.

wow I always get so excited to play it, but halo 3 is laughably bad.

Played Halo 3 for about 3 minutes today. Game is terrible online.

Why is that a plus? It was one of the skills that helped separate good players from bad ones. It could be circumvented by a good jump shot and it was always satisfying to barely get away from a fight you couldn't win like that.
What? That didnt take skill at all, it just made running away easier by doing a simple task. I always hated getting into a br battle and a guy just ran away and I couldnt kill him because of something as simple as looking down. And this is coming from a guy who has been playing MLG style halo since halo 2.

Havok

What? That didnt take skill at all, it just made running away easier by doing a simple task. I always hated getting into a br battle and a guy just ran away and I couldnt kill him because of something as simple as looking down. And this is coming from a guy who has been playing MLG style halo since halo 2.
It took an extra what, two body shots to finish somebody off if they were doing that? That and stuff like the Gandhi hop were always some of the neatest things to me, people figuring out how to manipulate hitboxes and aim assist to their advantage. It was simple to perform, but recognizing when to do it, doing it, and getting to safety was something that helped to separate good players from average ones.
I don't know who this guy thinks he is. He's supposed to be the creative director of halo 4 and he's being a total douche.
Not clarifying important details is the enemy of keeping your super conservative hardcore fanbase from freaking out when a giant list of changes drops on their heads. A little snarky, yes, but douche? Nah.

Top Bottom