• TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

senador
(04-09-2012, 06:41 AM)
Halo 4 BR looks so damn sexah.
Kuroyume
(04-09-2012, 06:46 AM)
Would love to see a strobe light attachment for the DMR. BR can get a laser.
xxjuicesxx
(04-09-2012, 06:48 AM)

Originally Posted by Computron

Damn, that's not what I was aiming to remind you guys about.

HaloGAF, always finding the bad in awesome.

I've wanted Halo to rain down BR's for years! In fact I've probably said that in the H3 thread a few times.
Computron
(04-09-2012, 06:48 AM)

Originally Posted by senador

Halo 4 BR looks so damn sexah.

Your Steam Punk Chief avatar looks pretty good too.
Last edited by Computron; 04-09-2012 at 06:59 AM.
feel
(04-09-2012, 06:49 AM)
Wish the BR was still black with the same blue shade as H2/H3 on the scope. The new black DMR with the vivid green scope and screen looks so good (scope is a bit weird but I don't hate it).
lybertyboy
Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
(04-09-2012, 06:50 AM)

Originally Posted by Computron

Steam Punk Chief looks pretty good too.

Steam punk Warthog takes a half hour to hit the temperature necessary to move it. Not really useful in a fight, but always a hit at geek conventions.

Edit: Also, not gonna lie, I spent 15 minutes in the office today just listening to the sound of the new sniper rifle fired from various distances/angles. God tier.
Tawpgun
(04-09-2012, 06:51 AM)
Trying to figure out what the fuck is the downside to Forerunner Vision.

Only thing I can think of is you need to stand still to see clearly. Otherwise its a jumbled mess.
Mister Negative
(04-09-2012, 06:51 AM)

Originally Posted by Letters

Wish the BR was still black with the same blue shade as H2/H3 on the scope. The new black DMR with the vivid green scope and screen looks so good (scope is a bit weird but I don't hate it).

I remember back when those Reach screenshots first leaked, thinking about how weird the DMR looked. But it was new, fresh, I liked it.
lybertyboy
(04-09-2012, 06:53 AM)

Originally Posted by A27 Tawpgun

Only thing I can think of is you need to stand still to see clearly. Otherwise its a jumbled mess.

Trust me, you'll understand when you see it. Which might not be soon since we're still locking down the visuals on it.
Computron
In case anyone was wondering, That's the Halo 4 BR I was building and posting earlier, except that one is only 6k polygons (with a 2k^2 normals map) instead of 2.5 million polys.

Its not perfect yet, It's got no custom UVs, and lottsa projection errors to fix.

After I get the bake down perfect, I will start on to texturing.

I've been really busy so I didn't have much time to work on it.
Last edited by Computron; 04-09-2012 at 07:10 AM.
thezerofire
Guys, what the fuck are we playing? Also I didn't bring a mic home
Mister Negative
(04-09-2012, 06:54 AM)

Originally Posted by lybertyboy

Trust me, you'll understand when you see it. Which might not be soon since we're still locking down the visuals on it.

Frankie said that he fully expected the reaction he got, did you guys really sit around the office going, "Guys, the internet's going to hate this so much."
Hitmonchan107
(04-09-2012, 06:54 AM)

Forerunner Shield -- renders player undetectable by Forerunner Vision ;^)

It was great to meet everyone at PAX!
Last edited by Hitmonchan107; 04-09-2012 at 06:57 AM.
Bregmann Roche
(04-09-2012, 06:57 AM)

Originally Posted by GhaleonEB

One could interpret the "new missions after release" strategy as meaning they simply won't be done by the time the game ships. Or, there wasn't room on the disc for them.

This could be it or part of it, but if the Spartan Ops missions are meant to be MP co-op rolling them out gradually would likely keep the "Spartan Ops" playlist and the newest Ops well populated on a week to week basis.

Originally Posted by Der Flatulator

I've been wondering whether these weekly SpartOps installments will be unlocking disk locked content, or DLC.

Well, if you were going to recycle environments from the campaign portion of the game, this would be the context in which to do it. Basically "A Different Way to Campaign" made into an official part of the game/narrative. Sounds fun. This also opens the door for Halo 4: ODST to return with "classic firefight" in 2014.

Originally Posted by Tashi0106

No it means being totally awesome and everyone making fun of you for it

This almost caused me to choke to death on a hot pocket. I live in a palace made of pretzel bread and spinach+cheese. Envy me HaloGAF.

Originally Posted by Ramirez

Active Camo being back as a thing anyone can pick is a stunning thing as well, camo snipers are the worst. Juices secretly masturbated to that bit of info.

This caused me to nearly choke to death on the dessert I was eating. I feel like the weasels from Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

It's just hilarious to me that the flaws of 2 are completely over looked by most people in here who spout it as the gift from the gods.

That's just how memory works. People generally edit out the bad things from the past to make room in their brains for the good things. I'm looking forward to 2018 when we are singing the praises of Powerhouse and the "simpler", more "pure" AA's from Reach.
Demoncarnotaur
(04-09-2012, 06:57 AM)

Originally Posted by Ryaaan14

I hope you meant to group those together to form loadouts, and not as your loadout options...

Im a little confused about what you are asking, but I realize I was unclear. I imagine for your primary weapon you will be able to choose from numerous weapons that would fit into the two "classes" of weapons I outlined, while secondary would be limited to pistols and other like guns.

Originally Posted by Der Flatulator

First Halo that allows you to carry more than two weapons (excluding turrets and duel wielding)?

Nope, like I said above, the first two I listed were speculated primary weapon choices, third was the secondary category.

Originally Posted by Mister Negative

Oh god please give me that supposedly shorter, more close combat version of the AR that was talked about in the books.

Some are speculating the Assault Carbine mentioned by GI is that gun. I would be a happy person, as I posted about wanting a gun like that a few times.

I imagine it being very short ranged, and screwing with the colors like in visr mode, basically causing more distraction than direction. It would still be useful, but if you get caught in a firefight it will screw you. Of course, this is just speculation, but I doubt they just put perfect xray vision in and called it a day.
Garrett 2U
(04-09-2012, 06:59 AM)

Edit: Also, not gonna lie, I spent 15 minutes in the office today just listening to the sound of the new sniper rifle fired from various distances/angles. God tier.

Music/Sounds in podcast? Please! :)
Mister Negative
(04-09-2012, 06:59 AM)

Originally Posted by Demoncarnotaur

Im a little confused about what you are asking, but I realize I was unclear. I imagine for your primary weapon you will be able to choose from numerous weapons that would fit into the two "classes" of weapons I outlined, while secondary would be limited to pistols and other like guns.

Nope, like I said above, the first two I listed were speculated primary weapon choices, third was the secondary category.

Some are speculating the Assault Carbine mentioned by GI is that gun. I would be a happy person, as I posted about wanting a gun like that a few times.

I imagine it being very short ranged, and screwing with the colors like in visr mode, basically causing more distraction than direction. It would still be useful, but if you get caught in a firefight it will screw you. Of course, this is just speculation, but I doubt they just put perfect xray vision in and called it a day.

Man oh man, if they slapped a silencer on it I could die happy. I miss the ODST weapons.
feel
(04-09-2012, 07:02 AM)

Frankie said that he fully expected the reaction he got, did you guys really sit around the office going, "Guys, the internet's going to hate this so much."

"You know how the Halo devs always have these great ideas and they're sure the players are gonna love them, and they kinda do at first but they end up hating them when they play the game? Let's go in the complete opposite direction this time and see how that goes."

Halo 4 to be mp game of the forever. BELI343

Can you say when the Gameinformer screenshots (and possibly other new ones) will be hitting the web?
Tawpgun

Man oh man, if they slapped a silencer on it I could die happy. I miss the ODST weapons.

Oh you'd be dying alright.

Precision Weapons or bust.
lybertyboy

We fully expected certain segments of the Halo community would have questions & concerns about some content in that particular article. One of the greatest strengths of the Halo fanbass is its diversity. What one segment cherishes as the epitome of what "makes Halo, Halo" another will dismiss in a heartbeat as fluff, or dumbing down or reducing "skill gap."

We have our vision for this Halo experience. We know we'll make some mistakes along the way, and we can't please each and everyone of the millions of people who play Halo with every feature. That being said, I believe the game we're making is special. It retains the essence and feeling of Halo while injecting an energy into the moment to moment gameplay experience that keeps me coming back for more. Even when I don't need to keep playing, I find myself loading up my Spartan IV and once again going to battle.
Ramirez
Official EA Apologist
(04-09-2012, 07:11 AM)
Well, after playing Arena, I can safely say for myself that 343 would have to try really hard to make a game as frustrating and unsatisfying as Reach. Bloom is so bad, good lord.
heckfu
(04-09-2012, 07:12 AM)

We have our forerunner vision for this Halo experience. We know we'll make some mistakes along the way, and we can't please each and everyone of the millions of people who play Halo with every feature. That being said, I believe the game we're making is special. It retains the essence and feeling of Halo while injecting an unlimited sprint like energy into the moment to moment gameplay experience that keeps me coming back for more. Even when I don't need to keep playing, I find myself loading up my Spartan IV and once again going to battle without a respawn timer. Basically, we hate you nerds.

wow. your quick edit was nice but i still caught what you said and bolded it for you. you're welcome.
Mister Negative
(04-09-2012, 07:13 AM)

Oh you'd be dying alright.

Precision Weapons or bust.

I understand, appreciate, and make full use of the dominance of precision weapons in normal gameplay, but I sometimes enjoy running around spraying with a full auto weapon.

We fully expected certain segments of the Halo community would have questions & concerns about some content in that particular article. One of the greatest strengths of the Halo fanbass is its diversity. What one segment cherishes as the epitome of what "makes Halo, Halo" another will dismiss in a heartbeat as fluff, or dumbing down or reducing "skill gap."

We have our vision for this Halo experience. We know we'll make some mistakes along the way, and we can't please each and everyone of the millions of people who play Halo with every feature. That being said, I believe the game we're making is special. It retains the essence and feeling of Halo while injecting an energy into the moment to moment gameplay experience that keeps me coming back for more. Even when I don't need to keep playing, I find myself loading up my Spartan IV and once again going to battle.

I'll be honest, the way you put "skill gap" in quotes doesn't give me a great feeling. However, I am glad that you understand Halo's diversity is what makes it great. Hopefully, what you guys make the default gameplay is "your vision," and you allow all the different segments of the community to play they way they'd like to in their own custom games and eventually playlists.

I'm also hoping for even more customization than was in Reach, with hopefully very little of it affecting gameplay.

Well, after playing Arena, I can safely say for myself that 343 would have to try really hard to make a game as frustrating and unsatisfying as Reach. Bloom is so bad, good lord.

I played Reach with my three friends from the good ol' days in a zero bloom playlist for the first time ever a few weeks ago and I had the most fun I'd had since Halo 3. It felt like Halo again. Especially because the match was on the Pit remake.
PNut
(04-09-2012, 07:15 AM)
I've read all the new stuff. Just looking forward to actually see it in motion. Any ETA on MP gameplay footage?
CyReN
(04-09-2012, 07:17 AM)
Thanks for the posts Ellis.

---

I really hope we can change this, annoys me for some reason every time I go back and look at it, can't put my finger on it.
FyreWulff
I Spit Hot Fyre
(04-09-2012, 07:20 AM)

Originally Posted by xxjuicesxx

No spread on a 3 shot weapon? How does every bullet hit the same spot? Do you mean its confirmed to be a hitscan weapon?

Forerunner crystals. Hitscan was confirmed separately. The BR has no spread. It's just like the 1.1 Halo 2 BR.
Recarpo
(04-09-2012, 07:21 AM)

Originally Posted by CyReN

---

I really hope we can change this, annoys me for some reason every time I go back and look at it, can't put my finger on it.

Reminds me a lot of shredder from TMNT. Haven't decided if I like that look yet or not.
senador
(04-09-2012, 07:23 AM)
Looks like Oonsk.
Demoncarnotaur
(04-09-2012, 07:23 AM)

A large and vocal reaction is a given with such big changes, especially when so very little detail and context is given to those changes, but that is on Gameinformer and not you guys. I have to say, I really like that you guys are doing something special, making this game your own and bringing new things to the table. While we all love Halo 2/3, I know we would grow bored of it if each installment was that same thing, and thus the series must evolve. Personally, I am very thrilled with many of these changes and haven't been this excited to play a new Halo game in a very long time.

Halo 4 seems to be the Halo I love mixed with something brand new, and I like that. Hey, its possible these changes may end up sucking, who knows, but I know I am feeling good about what I hear now. That said, please, when you guys can, elaborate on the details you have shared- from the gameplay, gamemodes etc to the engine changes. Im dying to hear details on all of those.
xxjuicesxx
(04-09-2012, 07:26 AM)

Originally Posted by FyreWulff

Forerunner crystals. Hitscan was confirmed separately. The BR has no spread. It's just like the 1.1 Halo 2 BR.

Well I'll be damned. A gun that's actually going to work in a Halo game.
Steelyuhas
(04-09-2012, 07:35 AM)

So much stealth brag about how you play the game everyday.

I'm just jelly.

Yeah although some of this stuff sounds wack (random weapon spawns, instant respawn, more AA's than I can shake a stick at), if 343 nails the core gunplay and player movement, I'm not gonna give a fuck.
Fracas
(04-09-2012, 07:36 AM)

Steam punk Warthog takes a half hour to hit the temperature necessary to move it. Not really useful in a fight, but always a hit at geek conventions.

This is a bit of a subjective question, but where would you place the weapon audio quality on a scale of say, 1 to Battlefield 3 level?

edit: lol nevermind, that's a dumb question.
Last edited by Fracas; 04-09-2012 at 08:06 AM.
Der Flatulator
(04-09-2012, 07:40 AM)

Originally Posted by Recarpo

Reminds me a lot of shredder from TMNT. Haven't decided if I like that look yet or not.

<< I like it :)

Last edited by Der Flatulator; 04-09-2012 at 07:48 AM.
thezerofire
(04-09-2012, 07:40 AM)

Originally Posted by CyReN

---

I think they look badass.

And David, I'm trusting you. I'll try to keep my melodrama in check
feel
(04-09-2012, 07:44 AM)

Just in time for the debut of this new armor ability
Der Flatulator
(04-09-2012, 07:46 AM)
Did this balance graph ever get discussed?

I'm thinking the five spokes could be Kills, Deaths--- What am I saying, I have no idea...
Redford
aka Cabbie
(04-09-2012, 07:48 AM)
The helmet in general just looks off. I can see they were going for the marine look but...
Kuroyume
(04-09-2012, 07:54 AM)
Yeah, that helmet is stupid looking. Would like to see something different with the next batch of media they'll release, but I'm guessing the next set off stuff that will go out will be those same pics from the magazine.
Tunavi
(04-09-2012, 07:55 AM)
loadouts wont be so bad if it means I can always start with a BR
Steelyuhas
(04-09-2012, 07:58 AM)

Originally Posted by Tunavi

Picking your starting weapon is awesome. No more AR vs BR vs DMR vs Magnum vs airsoft gun starts fragmentation, and you get to start with awesomeness all the time.
Garrett 2U
(04-09-2012, 07:59 AM)
So Arena is actually pretty decent now.
With one exception, Countdown.
Without jetpacks, there is nothing stopping teams from sitting back in the radio towers with shotgun and sword.
wwm0nkey
(04-09-2012, 08:01 AM)

Originally Posted by Tunavi

You can change your primary so yes you can.

Fuck the BR though I am using a Covenant Carbine!
Ramirez
Official EA Apologist
(04-09-2012, 08:06 AM)

Originally Posted by Boomwood

So Arena is actually pretty decent now.

It's really not. Terrible Forge maps all around, and you still only start with 1 nade? Seriously? Add in the suck of bloom, slow movement, no bleed through, terrible weapon placement, & 1 inch jumps and you have a pretty terrible "competitive" Halo experience.

Playing it tonight made me realize that the only way for this franchise to go at the moment is up, we're already at rock bottom.
Redford
aka Cabbie
(04-09-2012, 08:15 AM)

Originally Posted by wwm0nkey

You can change your primary so yes you can.

Fuck the BR though I am using a Covenant Carbine!

My very first thought. I actually had a dream about it, as lame as that sounds.

Coolest looking Halo weapon imo.
Tashi
343i Community Coordinator
(04-09-2012, 08:30 AM)
I actually have a really important question for Frankie or David. Not sure if you guys can answer though.

Will I be able to have my red Triad/Triforce symbol like I've been using since Halo? Please let me know soon. I'm headed to Gamestop tomorrow and I wanna know if I should cancel my preorder.
blamite
(04-09-2012, 08:59 AM)

I actually have a really important question for Frankie or David. Not sure if you guys can answer though.

Will I be able to have my red Triad/Triforce symbol like I've been using since Halo? Please let me know soon. I'm headed to Gamestop tomorrow and I wanna know if I should cancel my preorder.

This is important! Triforce with Display background or no sale!
mastrbiggy
(04-09-2012, 09:00 AM)

Better yet. Is there a $150 version of Halo 4 that I can splurge on. Preferably one that comes with wearable lopsided Cortana bosoms.
Franklinator
(04-09-2012, 09:02 AM)
I want the Legendary Edition of Halo 4 to come with real life Forerunner Vision
Thermite
(04-09-2012, 09:03 AM)

Originally Posted by mastrbiggy

Better yet. Is there a $150 version of Halo 4 that I can splurge on. Preferably one that comes with wearable lopsided Cortana bosoms.

It's too rare to be released to the public. 343i employees will be lucky to get a copy from what I hear. :/
Fracas
(04-09-2012, 09:03 AM)

Originally Posted by Franklinator

I want the Legendary Edition of Halo 4 to come with real life Forerunner Vision

Already been done, bro.

trollolol