(04-09-2012, 08:29 PM)

Originally Posted by szaromir

OK, I'll send in a minute.

Awesome, thank you :)
amrod
(04-09-2012, 08:37 PM)

Originally Posted by Volcynika

Scary Girl on Steam now: http://store.steampowered.com/app/202370

Normally $9.99, 20% off for new release.

Bought... Shows a loading screen for a sec
then

poweld

Originally Posted by Principe Nero

PM me for a lucid key.

edit: gone

Danke!
Nabs
I'm not sure if these are correct, but the names Fray and Lone Survivor were added to the registry. It could be related to these games: http://www.lonesurvivor.co.uk/ and http://www.youtube.com/watch/?v=8xD-HR6rfC0. I can't be 100% sure.

Lone Survivor seems to be getting great reviews and press. Fray looks interesting, but still pretty rough (still in Alpha).
Shorty11857
(04-09-2012, 09:29 PM)
Lucid Key

Faerie Solitaire Key

Quote to take, and let me know if you take them
Last edited by Shorty11857; 04-09-2012 at 09:31 PM.
inky
(04-09-2012, 09:30 PM)
Took Lucid Shorty. Thank you very much.
AndyD
aka andydumi
(04-09-2012, 09:30 PM)

Originally Posted by Shorty11857

Lucid Key

Faerie Solitaire taken.

Thank you much. Although I wont be home for a while so someone can beat me to it.
Zimbardo
(04-09-2012, 09:31 PM)

Originally Posted by Shorty11857

Lucid Key

Faerie Solitaire Key

grabbed Faerie Solitaire. thank you very much. :D
goober
(04-09-2012, 09:31 PM)
Hmmmm two peeps grabbed Faerie Solitaire
BobJustBob
LOL WTF I'm so drunk
(04-09-2012, 09:33 PM)

Originally Posted by Zeitgeister

so I just learned that Prototype 2 comes out this month. Looks like it's getting the "not CoD" advertising treatment, despite some advertising a year ago or so.

It's also nowhere to be seen on Steam. Is this normal for Activision, or..?

Activision's handling of Prototype 2 is baffling. They were talking big a month or two ago about how it's going to "own" April, and how they're expecting it to double the sales of the original, but the original was a deeply divisive game and they have seemingly done nothing to explain to people why this one is better. And, like you, I have seen no advertising for it at all.
Vastag
(04-09-2012, 09:39 PM)

Originally Posted by Xeno_Flux2113

SOL: Exodus is the daily deal at 50% off.

Will this satisfy that space flight combat craving?

Demo was pretty meh... I will pass.
PaulLFC
(04-09-2012, 10:15 PM)
I don't think I'll have time to play AoE Online before the discounts end, but looking at the £9.99 All in Wonder pack, it seems to include everything except the cosmetic stuff. So am I essentially buying the complete full game for £9.99?

Or are there still some other forms of in game currency or items I'd have to buy if I didn't want to wait to progress, as you have to in some other F2P games?
28 Posts Later
(04-09-2012, 10:25 PM)

Originally Posted by PaulLFC

So am I essentially buying the complete full game for £9.99?

Beyond missing out on purely cosmetic items, yes.

Originally Posted by BobJustBob

And, like you, I have seen no advertising for it at all.

I forgot the game even existed.
Last edited by 28 Posts Later; 04-09-2012 at 10:28 PM.
sixclaws
(04-09-2012, 10:35 PM)

Originally Posted by BobJustBob

Activision's handling of Prototype 2 is baffling. They were talking big a month or two ago about how it's going to "own" April, and how they're expecting it to double the sales of the original, but the original was a deeply divisive game and they have seemingly done nothing to explain to people why this one is better. And, like you, I have seen no advertising for it at all.

Well the PC version was delayed to July and in terms of advertising the only thing I'm seeing are the Gamestop commercials for the game advertising preorder dlc.
Sysgen
(04-10-2012, 12:04 AM)
Have a Sanctum or Xotic key for a Lucid key.
Joe Molotov
(04-10-2012, 12:17 AM)
Why doesn't Scarygirl have any proper resolutions? 1280x1024 is the max, no 16:9, what is this 2001?
mannerbot
(04-10-2012, 12:18 AM)

Originally Posted by Sysgen

Have a Sanctum or Xotic key for a Lucid key.

Hm, I'd like the Xotic key and I have a spare Lucid one. PM me if still available.
Stallion Free
Cock Encumbered
(04-10-2012, 12:24 AM)

Originally Posted by Joe Molotov

Why doesn't Scarygirl have any proper resolutions? 1280x1024 is the max, no 16:9, what is this 2001?

If you want 16:9 you gotta play on consoles, duh.
Joe Molotov
(04-10-2012, 12:25 AM)

Originally Posted by Stallion Free

If you want 16:9 you gotta play on consoles, duh.

Damn, I should have thought of that. :(
Snuggles
erotic butter maelstrom
(04-10-2012, 12:28 AM)

Damn, I should have thought of that. :(

Console gaming wins again.
Joe Molotov
(04-10-2012, 12:33 AM)

Originally Posted by Snuggler

Console gaming wins again.

I thought that a port of an Xbox game would at least have the same resolution options as the Xbox version. What a fool I was.
djl55
(04-10-2012, 12:42 AM)
Quote for a lucid key

keeblerdrow
Future CEO and Billionaire
Very gainfully employed
(04-10-2012, 12:46 AM)

Originally Posted by djl55

Quote for a lucid key

Just a heads up, someone took it.
Nabs
(04-10-2012, 12:48 AM)

Damn, I saw someone post about that on the Steam forum but forgot to say something here :(

And guys, Lucid isn't worth the trouble. Trust me.
amrod
(04-10-2012, 01:01 AM)

Found out why it crashed for me... My monitor Res is too high 2650x1600, it wont down sample

Overall AVOID THIS GAME, No high res support and keyboard only
cicero
by the sweat of thy brow
shalt thou eat bread
and you will be happy
(04-10-2012, 01:53 AM)

Originally Posted by Chittagong

Cool, so I can buy retail games on the cheap and register them too as long as they are on the list.

And do I get this right, I can buy Amazon DD too but register via Steam? Awesome if so

Make sure the games are listed as being activated on Steam before you buy. None of the GOG games activate on Steam. Think of GOG and Steam as digital distribution services that compliment each other.
foomfoom415
(04-10-2012, 02:24 AM)
Lucid: 8WK2B-K0JLG-2FCZ7

Edit: Eh.. I don't think I'm ever going to play this. Here's the 2nd key: 9W2YW-IDG49-JP8KP
Last edited by foomfoom415; 04-10-2012 at 03:11 AM.
Frank the Great
(04-10-2012, 03:29 AM)

Originally Posted by foomfoom415

Edit: Eh.. I don't think I'm ever going to play this. Here's the 2nd key: 9W2YW-IDG49-JP8KP

thanks mang
Stallion Free
Cock Encumbered
(04-10-2012, 03:30 AM)
Man, it's amazing how many people get trolled with free games.
JakkuFurosu
(04-10-2012, 03:35 AM)

Originally Posted by foomfoom415

thx foo.

both were taken only 1 post.

Thanks for the freebies anyhoo...much appreciated here. win,lose or draw
Dambrosi
(04-10-2012, 03:36 AM)

Originally Posted by Stallion Free

Man, it's amazing how many people get trolled with free games.

Free is free is free, Stallion Free. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth :p

Even if Lucid isn't worth playing (haven't played mine yet, can't say), it's still one more on the backlog. Can't say fairer than that.
Nabs
(04-10-2012, 04:01 AM)
Checking the registry. I see Homefront Ultimate Edition (...) it comes with all the DLC and Metro 2033.

There's also an Indie Adventure Pack w/ Gemini Rue, Jolly Rover, Tiny Bang Story, Machinarium and Lume.

Blades of Time and DLC is also on it's way. Google says it'll be out on the 18th.

Botanicula is coming as well.
Last edited by Nabs; 04-10-2012 at 04:07 AM.
jaundicejuice
(04-10-2012, 04:13 AM)
Blades of Shut the Fuck Already is being ported to PC? Buying day one. Wait, the 18th of this month?

Vic, I don't know if you peruse this thread, but Gaijin's releasing this on Steam, thank you.
Last edited by jaundicejuice; 04-10-2012 at 04:17 AM.
Stallion Free
Cock Encumbered
(04-10-2012, 04:17 AM)
Just wrapped up Warp and my god that last boss was horrible. It was like all the issues of the game wrapped up into a 1 minute segment that you get stuck repeating over and over until you succeed.

The game has some really neat ideas, but the devs completely fail to understand how balance this type of game. See Portal understands that in a puzzle game the player wants to experiment so it doesn't punish you for it. In Warp I never wanted to experiment because I would most likely die and then have to go back to a checkpoint and possibly rewatch part of a cutscene. The checkpoints were just far enough apart and the deaths came so easily that it became irritating.

Graphically the game is kind of rough. 60 fps can only be achieved through fixing the ini file and the have some fuzzy-ass filter over the visuals. The art in the game sort of combines Portal with TF2 and it does work pretty well.

I just wish that the devs had either spent more time playtesting the game or that a better dev had used this concept.
camerooni
(04-10-2012, 04:17 AM)

Originally Posted by Nabs

Checking the registry. I see Homefront Ultimate Edition (...) it comes with all the DLC and Metro 2033.

There's also an Indie Adventure Pack w/ Gemini Rue, Jolly Rover, Tiny Bang Story, Machinarium and Lume.

Blades of Time and DLC is also on it's way. Google says it'll be out on the 18th.

Botanicula is coming as well.

Blades of time.. is that the action/slasher with the over the top scantily clad chick with unrealistic proportions barely covered with impractical and completely useless looking armour?
Joe Molotov
(04-10-2012, 04:27 AM)

Originally Posted by camerooni

Blades of time.. is that the action/slasher with the over the top scantily clad chick with unrealistic proportions barely covered with impractical and completely useless looking armour?

Yes, although that could apply to any number of games.
Dambrosi
(04-10-2012, 06:03 AM)

Might as well just buy Metro 2033 on its tod, it's about a hundred times the game that Homefront is. Seriously, Homefront is short and shit, don't bother.

I had to Youtube footage of this game, since the only thing I'd seen of it was a quick glance of the box cover in my local Grainger Games. I like how, when you looked at your compass, you also got a generous helping of animated sideboob. Classy.

And at least Lara Croft and Samanosuke from Onimusha knew when to shut up. And had better hair.
jaundicejuice
(04-10-2012, 06:10 AM)
What's hilarious about Blades of Time is that it looks like the copious amounts of narration by the protagonist was an addition made during localisation.
Hero_of_the_Day
(04-10-2012, 06:30 AM)
Blur is a fucking ghost town. Sucks. It was fun for a week, everyone who got it for five bucks already moved on I guess.
Ledsen
(04-10-2012, 06:36 AM)

Originally Posted by Chittagong

Cool, so I can buy retail games on the cheap and register them too as long as they are on the list.

And do I get this right, I can buy Amazon DD too but register via Steam? Awesome if so

Not only that, you can buy DL games from Amazon US (with a couple of exceptions, Dead Island is one I think) and register them to your european Steam account. They're having a huge sale right now. I myself have bought Sonic Generations, Dungeon Siege 3, Metro 2033 and Red Faction Armageddon. You can also buy DL Steamworks games from the awesome greenmangaming.co.uk, they have quite a few promotions and sales.
Last edited by Ledsen; 04-10-2012 at 06:40 AM.
Tess3ract
Banned
(04-10-2012, 06:49 AM)

You mean no 16:10???
Bruiserk
(04-10-2012, 06:55 AM)

Originally Posted by Ledsen

Not only that, you can buy DL games from Amazon US (with a couple of exceptions, Dead Island is one I think) and register them to your european Steam account. They're having a huge sale right now. I myself have bought Sonic Generations, Dungeon Siege 3, Metro 2033 and Red Faction Armageddon. You can also buy DL Steamworks games from the awesome greenmangaming.co.uk, they have quite a few promotions and sales.

You can buy games through Amazon.com outside of the US?
Castor Krieg
Banned
(04-10-2012, 07:00 AM)

Originally Posted by Bruiserk

Yes, you simply need to have US address as your default one when making a purchase. Pick something in tax-free state and you are good to go.
cicero
by the sweat of thy brow
shalt thou eat bread
and you will be happy
(04-10-2012, 07:21 AM)

Yes, although that could apply to any number of games.

But it applies so particularly well to this one.
Bruiserk
(04-10-2012, 07:24 AM)

Originally Posted by Castor Krieg

Yes, you simply need to have US address as your default one when making a purchase. Pick something in tax-free state and you are good to go.

This.... is amazing. The more you know.
Relax.MX
(04-10-2012, 07:57 AM)

Originally Posted by Castor Krieg

But if i only have a debit card of Mexico? :(
sleepykyo
(04-10-2012, 07:59 AM)

Originally Posted by cicero

But it applies so particularly well to this one.

More so than Code of Princess?
Cramoss
(04-10-2012, 08:07 AM)

Originally Posted by Bruiserk

Hey, I'm from Chile and I was able to buy some of those games. Try it, you just need a fake adress and of course, an international credit card.
jediyoshi
(04-10-2012, 09:05 AM)

Neat. Nice to just see games pop the hell out of nowhere every now and then (although it looks like it was at least announced for pc a bit ago). At the very least I hope it's just an average character action game, the few console reviews out there look to be leaning that way.
AlexBasch
(04-10-2012, 09:45 AM)

Originally Posted by Relax.MX

But if i only have a debit card of Mexico? :(

If your card works for any internet purchases then you're good to go. I'm from Monterrey and I'm using Google's HQ address with my usual card. VoilŠ. :P