• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Boss Doggie
all my loli wolf companions are so moe
(04-09-2012, 08:04 PM)

Originally Posted by Leon Belmont

I've sent a message in order to get Two Lucid keys but I haven't received them yet, If (one day) I receive them I can spare one with you :D

Ah okay, thanks!
Clomipramine
(04-09-2012, 08:08 PM)

I've sent a message in order to get Two Lucid keys but I haven't received them yet, If (one day) I receive them I can spare one with you :D

I think your account needs to be at leat 24 hours old; yesterday i didn't get any keys, today the bot answerd me after 7 seconds.
Leon Belmont
(04-09-2012, 08:13 PM)

Originally Posted by Principe Nero

I think your account needs to be at leat 24 hours old; yesterday i didn't get any keys, today the bot answerd me after 7 seconds.

Mmm I sent the message after I registered my account, it was 1 day ago! So I think that maybe today will receive the keys.... I hope so!
SxP
(04-09-2012, 08:15 PM)
If someone wants a Lucid key, quote to reveal.

Chittagong
(04-09-2012, 08:15 PM)
So I am getting into PC gaming, lured in by 1080p 60fps with AA plus point and click games.

I had this image in my mind of going to Steam and finding tons of almost new games for a tenner, but so far everything I've looked (eg Skyrim, MW3, Fallout NV, Ridge Racer Unbounded etc.) at is 29.99 or something like that. So I take it I have to stay put and wait for sales and promotions?

Second noob question, Steam is really the only DD service I would trust to have staying power. Can I buy games from Origin and GOG, but somehow have the license stored in Steam?
JordanKZ
(04-09-2012, 08:16 PM)

Originally Posted by SxP

Thankie :D
Zeitgeister
(04-09-2012, 08:19 PM)
so I just learned that Prototype 2 comes out this month. Looks like it's getting the "not CoD" advertising treatment, despite some advertising a year ago or so.

It's also nowhere to be seen on Steam. Is this normal for Activision, or..?
Vastag
(04-09-2012, 08:20 PM)

Originally Posted by Chittagong

So I take it I have to stay put and wait for sales and promotions?

Basically this, you can also buy steam activable games on other stores, here is a list: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...7480-WUSF-3601
Nabs
(04-09-2012, 08:21 PM)

So I am getting into PC gaming, lured in by 1080p 60fps with AA plus point and click games.

I had this image in my mind of going to Steam and finding tons of almost new games for a tenner, but so far everything I've looked (eg Skyrim, MW3, Fallout NV, Ridge Racer Unbounded etc.) at is 29.99 or something like that. So I take it I have to stay put and wait for sales and promotions?

Second noob question, Steam is really the only DD service I would trust to have staying power. Can I buy games from Origin and GOG, but somehow have the license stored in Steam?

If you can't wait for a sale, you can always find Steamworks deals on other sites like amazon/gmg. The games you listed are all Steamworks, and have to be registered to a Steam account.
Clomipramine
(04-09-2012, 08:22 PM)

Originally Posted by Zeitgeister

so I just learned that Prototype 2 comes out this month. Looks like it's getting the "not CoD" advertising treatment, despite some advertising a year ago or so.

PC version has been delayed to 24 july.

I'm interested in the game too. :/
YianGaruga
(04-09-2012, 08:22 PM)

Always check for Daily/Weekly sales and save up money for the big summer/winter ones. You will definitely get new-ish games for a tenner then. The normal prices on Steam are in line with retail, but on sale, dear god.

Just wait, in a few months you'll have more games than you can play in a lifetime.

Games on this list

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...7480-wusf-3601

can be activated on Steam, no matter where you bought them from (also known as "Steamworks", even though not entirely correct).
Chittagong
(04-09-2012, 08:23 PM)

Originally Posted by Vastag

Basically this, you can also buy steam activable games on other stores, here is a list: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...7480-WUSF-3601

Cool, so I can buy retail games on the cheap and register them too as long as they are on the list.

And do I get this right, I can buy Amazon DD too but register via Steam? Awesome if so
drizzle
Axel Hertz
(04-09-2012, 08:25 PM)

Mmm I sent the message after I registered my account, it was 1 day ago! So I think that maybe today will receive the keys.... I hope so!

You'll need to re-send the message.

Your profile has to say "redditor for 1 day" and THEN you can send a PM to the bot.
Nabs
(04-09-2012, 08:26 PM)

Prototype 2 PC isn't coming out for a while.
Ben652
(04-09-2012, 08:48 PM)

Quote to reveal Lucid key.
AndyD
aka andydumi
(04-09-2012, 08:51 PM)

Edit: Gone. Congrats Grim Heaper. Enjoy.
Last edited by AndyD; 04-09-2012 at 09:06 PM.
The Grim Heaper
(04-09-2012, 08:52 PM)

Originally Posted by AndyD

I finally snagged one! Thank you.
zerokoolpsx
(04-09-2012, 09:01 PM)
Two Lucid keys. Already got Lucid. Quote to reveal. Didn't know I had to wait a day after registration. Sent another message and the bot responded with 2 keys within seconds. Reply if you claim them.

Lord British
(04-09-2012, 09:02 PM)
Dang, both gone. I'm slow.
No clue whatsoever
(04-09-2012, 09:03 PM)

Originally Posted by zerokoolpsx

Reply if you claim them.

Used the first code, thanks!
Psi
(04-09-2012, 09:05 PM)

Originally Posted by zerokoolpsx

Two Lucid keys. Already got Lucid. Quote to reveal. Didn't know I had to wait a day after registration. Sent another message and the bot responded with 2 keys within seconds. Reply if you claim them.

I grabbed the second, thanks.
Lord British
(04-09-2012, 09:06 PM)
Curse you. Curse you both.
Javaman
(04-09-2012, 09:12 PM)
God the key features for Pat and Mat sound like a pitch to investors.

>World-wide known brand. (Pat and Mat are well known in many countries all over the world. Game doesn’t just “use” the name – it really simulates the popular TV series on your PC.)

>Humor for everyone. (Funny animations, funny situations, funny actions all the time.)

Who writes this shit? LOL
Rawket Lawnchair
(04-09-2012, 09:17 PM)
Be good and reply if you get the code.

Madrugador
(04-09-2012, 09:18 PM)

Originally Posted by Sunwheel

Be good and reply if you get the code.

I took it. Thanks a lot!
Rawket Lawnchair
(04-09-2012, 09:19 PM)
YW, the bot finally replied. :-)
Stitch
(04-09-2012, 09:20 PM)

you have to send a new message to the bot
szaromir
Banned
(04-09-2012, 09:23 PM)
I have a SpaceChem key to spare to anyone who knows what the game is and promises to actually play the game.
edit: no longer valid
Last edited by szaromir; 04-09-2012 at 09:28 PM.
Out_Of_Ammo
(04-09-2012, 09:27 PM)

Originally Posted by szaromir

I have a SpaceChem key to spare to anyone who knows what the game is and promises to actually play the game.

I'd love it! Played the demo and liked it, challenging puzzles.
szaromir
Banned
(04-09-2012, 09:27 PM)

Originally Posted by Out_Of_Ammo

I'd love it!

OK, I'll send in a minute.
Out_Of_Ammo
(04-09-2012, 09:29 PM)

Originally Posted by szaromir

OK, I'll send in a minute.

Awesome, thank you :)
amrod
(04-09-2012, 09:37 PM)

Originally Posted by Volcynika

Scary Girl on Steam now: http://store.steampowered.com/app/202370

Normally $9.99, 20% off for new release.

Bought... Shows a loading screen for a sec
then

poweld

Originally Posted by Principe Nero

PM me for a lucid key.

edit: gone

Danke!
Nabs
I'm not sure if these are correct, but the names Fray and Lone Survivor were added to the registry. It could be related to these games: http://www.lonesurvivor.co.uk/ and http://www.youtube.com/watch/?v=8xD-HR6rfC0. I can't be 100% sure.

Lone Survivor seems to be getting great reviews and press. Fray looks interesting, but still pretty rough (still in Alpha).
Shorty11857
(04-09-2012, 10:29 PM)
Lucid Key

Faerie Solitaire Key

Quote to take, and let me know if you take them
Last edited by Shorty11857; 04-09-2012 at 10:31 PM.
inky
(04-09-2012, 10:30 PM)
Took Lucid Shorty. Thank you very much.
AndyD
aka andydumi
(04-09-2012, 10:30 PM)

Originally Posted by Shorty11857

Lucid Key

Faerie Solitaire taken.

Thank you much. Although I wont be home for a while so someone can beat me to it.
Zimbardo
(04-09-2012, 10:31 PM)

Originally Posted by Shorty11857

Lucid Key

Faerie Solitaire Key

grabbed Faerie Solitaire. thank you very much. :D
goober
(04-09-2012, 10:31 PM)
Hmmmm two peeps grabbed Faerie Solitaire
BobJustBob
LOL WTF I'm so drunk
(04-09-2012, 10:33 PM)

Activision's handling of Prototype 2 is baffling. They were talking big a month or two ago about how it's going to "own" April, and how they're expecting it to double the sales of the original, but the original was a deeply divisive game and they have seemingly done nothing to explain to people why this one is better. And, like you, I have seen no advertising for it at all.
Vastag
(04-09-2012, 10:39 PM)

Originally Posted by Xeno_Flux2113

SOL: Exodus is the daily deal at 50% off.

Will this satisfy that space flight combat craving?

Demo was pretty meh... I will pass.
PaulLFC
(04-09-2012, 11:15 PM)
I don't think I'll have time to play AoE Online before the discounts end, but looking at the 9.99 All in Wonder pack, it seems to include everything except the cosmetic stuff. So am I essentially buying the complete full game for 9.99?

Or are there still some other forms of in game currency or items I'd have to buy if I didn't want to wait to progress, as you have to in some other F2P games?
28 Posts Later
(04-09-2012, 11:25 PM)

Originally Posted by PaulLFC

So am I essentially buying the complete full game for 9.99?

Beyond missing out on purely cosmetic items, yes.

Originally Posted by BobJustBob

And, like you, I have seen no advertising for it at all.

I forgot the game even existed.
Last edited by 28 Posts Later; 04-09-2012 at 11:28 PM.
sixclaws
(04-09-2012, 11:35 PM)

Originally Posted by BobJustBob

Activision's handling of Prototype 2 is baffling. They were talking big a month or two ago about how it's going to "own" April, and how they're expecting it to double the sales of the original, but the original was a deeply divisive game and they have seemingly done nothing to explain to people why this one is better. And, like you, I have seen no advertising for it at all.

Well the PC version was delayed to July and in terms of advertising the only thing I'm seeing are the Gamestop commercials for the game advertising preorder dlc.
Sysgen
(04-10-2012, 01:04 AM)
Have a Sanctum or Xotic key for a Lucid key.
Joe Molotov
(04-10-2012, 01:17 AM)
Why doesn't Scarygirl have any proper resolutions? 1280x1024 is the max, no 16:9, what is this 2001?
mannerbot
(04-10-2012, 01:18 AM)

Originally Posted by Sysgen

Have a Sanctum or Xotic key for a Lucid key.

Hm, I'd like the Xotic key and I have a spare Lucid one. PM me if still available.
Stallion Free
Cock Encumbered
(04-10-2012, 01:24 AM)

Originally Posted by Joe Molotov

Why doesn't Scarygirl have any proper resolutions? 1280x1024 is the max, no 16:9, what is this 2001?

If you want 16:9 you gotta play on consoles, duh.
Joe Molotov
(04-10-2012, 01:25 AM)

Originally Posted by Stallion Free

If you want 16:9 you gotta play on consoles, duh.

Damn, I should have thought of that. :(
Snuggles
erotic butter maelstrom
(04-10-2012, 01:28 AM)

Originally Posted by Joe Molotov

Damn, I should have thought of that. :(

Console gaming wins again.