Originally Posted by 33-Hit-Combo
This is what I hope and pray that the next WRX ends up being like. They've eluded to the hatch style, but I wouldn't mind a bit for this one to come back.
Anyways, got back from the NYAS from this past weekend, generally a good time. Some quick thoughts:
- That new Mazda sedan was hot, down to it's paint. We won't see one with four-piston rear brakes like the show car though, that's for sure. ;)
- The BRZ/FR-S. No reason to buy the FR-S. The options and feel of the BRZ was superior, and entry price is a no brainer. Now, I saw where they cut corners that's for sure, especially in the engine bay where there's no metal forward of the shock towers. You just see the flimsy plastic wheel well liner from inside the bay heh (lol weight savings). I liked the BRZ seating position, but, being 6'2", I couldn't get myself in a proper seating position with a helmet, as the roof was too low for me. Heel-Toe would be tough with the pedal layout, especially with size 12 racing shoes I wore there. Shifter surprisingly felt good, since Subie didn't make it iirc heh. Would I buy one? No.
- The Boss. Oh man, I sat in there and fell in love. The wheel felt fantastic, the shifter was one of the best I played with at the show. Good seating position naturally, and view outs. The green wasn't for everyone. Love/Hate to a new level. I loved it along with others that walked up and said "OMG this color is fantastic", while others just didn't like it at all. The women there loved it, well the most that I heard talking while I was around it. I "think" I'm going for it, just need the all important test drive to capture me.
- Matte finishes. Everywhere. Had some long talks with I guess was the head detailer there for the shine crew at the show. I knew you can't really touch it up, but found out there are finally some proper sealants for it now finally which won't ruin the effect, so you can do more than just hand wash it to clean it up and get some heavy dirt off.
- The Mini area was the most jam-packed with people, by far. The least amount of people were in the Mazda, Porsche, and Dodge section (outside of around the Viper, which I thought was sexy despite it's horribly shaped headlights).
- I can't sit comfortably in an Abarth, lol.
- Caddy since didn't put a proper shifter in the CTS-V varients yet.
- Murdered out ZL-1 was hot-hot-hot. It's interior though, sad that an interior can turn someone off instantly.
- The 140s was immensely popular there. Always a decent amount of people stopping to look at it. Chevy will make the fugly red one no one cared about instead though.
- Massively disappointed with the lack of a "New WRX/STI" unveiling... :*(
- I thought I was going to die on the Ferry ride from NJ to NY.