• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Redford
aka Cabbie
(04-23-2012, 10:17 PM)
Just discovered the joy of mobileGAF /blog

Anyways, it'd be nice if we could get at least a teaser image for Pikmin 3 in the next while.
Anth0ny
(04-23-2012, 10:19 PM)

Originally Posted by Rösti

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPA0i...ayer_embedded#!

Yeah, I don't know. ¦¬·

That would be such a cool boot up screen. Kinda reminds me of Gamecube.
AceBandage
Banned
(04-23-2012, 10:20 PM)

Originally Posted by Cabbie

Just discovered the joy of mobileGAF /blog

Anyways, it'd be nice if we could get at least a teaser image for Pikmin 3 in the next while.

Maybe Thursday, but I wouldn't count on it.
SaintMadeOfPlaster
(04-23-2012, 10:22 PM)

Yeah, I don't know. ¦¬·

This is definitely fake, but I do like just U more than Wii U. I could get behind that.
Fourth Storm

Originally Posted by wsippel

Low volume production for high end appliances starting in late 2013, yes. That's the plan. And by "high end", I mean huge ass routers and maybe supercomputers, not toys.

Haha, but Xbox isn't a toy! It's a multimedia hub!
guek

Originally Posted by Cerebral Assassin

It's interesting that you think that SS was a radical departure, it seemed to me that they were perhaps not radical enough.

Well I think it was both, just in different ways. But that's a topic for another thread.

Yeah, I don't know. ¦¬·

The soft muttering in the background is a nice tough. Cuz ya know nintendo just had this thing rolling on a loop in a conference room while they served donuts and coffee.
Instro

Yeah, I don't know. ¦¬·

So fake.
Vinci
Danish
(04-23-2012, 10:24 PM)

Originally Posted by SaintMadeOfPlaster

This is definitely fake, but I do like just U more than Wii U. I could get behind that.

You mean O, right? Or 0?
DrWong
(04-23-2012, 10:24 PM)
Has Ideaman already posted his latest leaks?
Sadist
(04-23-2012, 10:26 PM)

Yeah, I don't know. ¦¬·

lulz
SaintMadeOfPlaster
(04-23-2012, 10:26 PM)

Originally Posted by Vinci

You mean O, right? Or 0?

I have no idea what you're talking about.
BY2K
(04-23-2012, 10:27 PM)

Originally Posted by DrWong

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPA0i...ayer_embedded#

Trololololololo!
Cerebral Assassin
(04-23-2012, 10:28 PM)

Originally Posted by Instro

With regards to the Tadtones, I enjoyed gathering them but the reason for doing so is stupid. This ties back in the presentation issues that are currently a problem for the series.

I don't see how it is a presentation issue, it was just badly written (all they had to do was to have the Water Dragon give you the song & ask you to do him a favour & collect "something", that would have made much more sense).

Yah, let's not carried away with the rationalizations. If there's one thing Zelda needs, IMO, it's better writing, or rather, less of it.

I remain convinced that some of Fis ' handholding was deliberate, its just that they didn't really push home the lack of respect from the start, if she had have been more sarcastic it may have worked.
IdeaMan
My source is my ass!

Originally Posted by DrWong

I'm finishing writing it. Nothing huge though don't set your expectations as high as a complete spec sheet, it's more about dev kits, etc.
AceBandage
Banned

Originally Posted by IdeaMan

I'm finishing writing it. Nothing huge though don't set your expectations as high as a complete spec sheet, it's more about dev kits, etc.

200TB RAM confirmed.
BurntPork
Banned
(04-23-2012, 10:29 PM)

Yeah, I don't know. ¦¬·

Nintendo can't trademark a letter.
bgassassin
(04-23-2012, 10:29 PM)

Originally Posted by DragonKnight

What else have you been spot on about BG? Can this things run UE4? And have you heard any rumblings as to how capable the online is?

I've only focused on the hardware so that's really it. I guess also I mentioned before it was publicly known was that newer dev kits had come out back in January for what it's worth.

I have no direct information that it can run UE4, but with the info I do have about the GPU I don't see why it couldn't other than Nintendo not bothering to get it to run. Obviously a game based on UE4 would have lower settings than a PS4/Xbox 3 version, but it's definitely in the realm of being possible.

And the first paragraph answers your third question. I've only really focused on hardware. I've only gotten vague info as to how devs feel about online. They might be pleased from what I understand, but in the end we're the ones that will be using it and that's where how good it is matters.

Originally Posted by BurntPork

I'm more thinking that it was always 1.5GB and still is, but since it was in the target specs it probably doesn't include the OS reserved RAM, so 2GB total.

This is possible. The 1-1.5GB in the early specs may have been referring to the amount allocated for games. Lherre mentioned a decent amount was in the dev kit (> 2GB), and then Ideaman's more recent posts pointed in this direct as well.

I guess if I compared my info with Ideaman's, mine is older but deals more with how the final will look. His is current and has been more from a current dev kit perspective. Awhile back I compared my knowledge to a formula that I believe was 2 + x = 4. Ideaman's info would be a good representation for x.

Originally Posted by guek

BG does tend to enjoy hinting at things though, especially when he thinks people aren't paying close attention to what he's saying :-P

Waaaah?!

I ruined my own fun. :(
Christberg
(04-23-2012, 10:30 PM)

High latency at low speeds?

By the way, there's something I've been meaning to ask you. Whenever the subject of of the GPU fab comes up, you never mention the possibility of Nintendo choosing NEC like they have for the past two generations and you seem pretty adamant that they'll use TMSC's 40nm. Is there a particular reason for that?

Am I the only one that's half expecting IBM East Fishkill plant/32nm? Matches up with the release timeline, limited run devkits now, volume production 2H/12.
DrWong
(04-23-2012, 10:31 PM)
IdeaMan:

Cool. And I'm not expecting anything huge. Do you also have the French version? ;]
themadcowtipper
Smells faintly of rancid stilton.
(04-23-2012, 10:31 PM)

Devkit downgrades confirmed....
Luigison
(04-23-2012, 10:32 PM)
I was just listening to Ozzy's "Just Want U" on Pandora and opened part of the page in a new tab which made the line, "There are no unnameable names. Shall I say it again?" line repeat.

Strangely this happened while I had been reading about the resent Nintendo U fake name change.
BY2K
(04-23-2012, 10:33 PM)
Just in time for my Pizza Hut to arrive. Bring the bomb, Ideaman.

I know it won't be much, don't worry.
guek
(04-23-2012, 10:33 PM)

Originally Posted by bgassassin

Waaaah?!

I ruined my own fun. :(

GhostTrick
(04-23-2012, 10:41 PM)
Hi guys ! What's new today ? Any new leaks ? Any news on Wii U ?
TheCongressman1
(04-23-2012, 10:42 PM)

Originally Posted by Cerebral Assassin

I remain convinced that some of Fis ' handholding was deliberate, its just that they didn't really push home the lack of respect from the start, if she had have been more sarcastic it may have worked.

Even if it was deliberate, that doesn't make it any better, it makes it even worse.
Vinci
Danish
(04-23-2012, 10:49 PM)

Originally Posted by SaintMadeOfPlaster

I have no idea what you're talking about.

The two U's form a 0 or zero in that video.
GameplayWhore
(04-23-2012, 10:50 PM)

You should simul-post it on Vandal to reward their undying love and worship of you.
axisofweevils
(04-23-2012, 10:50 PM)

0 GB memory confirmed!
D_prOdigy
(04-23-2012, 10:51 PM)
There's probably not a thread for this, but there's a scan of the teaser for the next Nintendo Power issue making the rounds.

It's naturally probably more interesting than whatever it's teasing, but it's... interesting nonetheless.
Fourth Storm

Originally Posted by Christberg

Am I the only one that's half expecting IBM East Fishkill plant/32nm? Matches up with the release timeline, limited run devkits now, volume production 2H/12.

Yeah, I've been on that train for a while. Will be disappointed if it ends up at 40nm, though it isn't a huge difference I suppose. Would make sense to be on the same tech as the eDRAM as well.
AceBandage
Banned

Originally Posted by D_prOdigy

There's probably not a thread for this, but there's a scan of the teaser for the next Nintendo Power issue making the rounds.

It's naturally probably more interesting than whatever it's teasing, but it's... interesting nonetheless.

New Advanced Wars?
BurntPork
Banned
(04-23-2012, 10:52 PM)

Originally Posted by Christberg

Probably too expensive.
Discomurf
(04-23-2012, 10:52 PM)
Wii U related?

D_prOdigy
(04-23-2012, 10:53 PM)
Well the reason I didn't just post the scan was because I thought posting scans wasn't kosher...
AzaK
(04-23-2012, 10:53 PM)

Originally Posted by bgassassin

Remember that 1.5GB was also back in like June/July. It is very plausible that amount has changed by now.

OK now I'm confused because I thought you said you were spot on with the specs (Apart from GPU and L2 cache) and you said 1.5??

I'm more thinking that it was always 1.5GB and still is, but since it was in the target specs it probably doesn't include the OS reserved RAM, so 2GB total.

I'm thinking that PS4 will have 2GB for games while XB3 has 4GB. Scaling between the three would not be all that hard in this case.

Yeah I could believe that. I always felt from what we heard that it was 2GB, but if the OS has a huge amount as IdeaMan says, then it could be split like that. 1/2 Gig for OS, 1.5 for games.
Discomurf
(04-23-2012, 10:54 PM)

Well the reason I didn't just post the scan was because I thought posting scans wasn't kosher...

Oh really? looks like its a cell phone photo + is not like its a screenshot of anything specific.

If its a problem I'll remove.
brandonh83
(04-23-2012, 10:55 PM)
"or you'll rue your fate, comrade"

Sounds like Kojima dialogue.
GameplayWhore

That was pretty terrible (and it doesn't even have that "maaaaaaybe it's real a little" vibe thatlast year's cafe slides had.

Also, they dropped the ball massively with how they handled the logo. Even my hackjob was better!

HylianTom
would totally do this old lady if his wife were guaranteed not to find out.

Originally Posted by brandonh83

"or you'll rue your fate, comrade"

Sounds like Kojima dialogue.

I read it in Fake Sean Connery's voice.
brandonh83
(04-23-2012, 10:56 PM)

Originally Posted by HylianTom

Ah, rough. Just the way your mother likes it Trebek!
AceBandage
Banned
(04-23-2012, 10:56 PM)

Originally Posted by HylianTom

I read it in a generic Russian Accent.
bgassassin
(04-23-2012, 10:57 PM)

Originally Posted by guek

Originally Posted by AzaK

OK now I'm confused because I thought you said you were spot on with the specs (Apart from GPU and L2 cache) and you said 1.5??

I said I was accurate on the early target specs. That's a key part to remember.
HylianTom
would totally do this old lady if his wife were guaranteed not to find out.
(04-23-2012, 10:57 PM)

Originally Posted by brandonh83

Ah, rough. Just the way your mother likes it Trebek!

Precisely! It really does Mighty my Penis!

And I just got home and watched that video.. silly question: is anyone around here able to translate what the woman at the end of the video is saying?
D_prOdigy
(04-23-2012, 10:58 PM)

Originally Posted by AceBandage

Metro: Last Light?
comedy bomb
Fluffy women turds
(04-23-2012, 10:59 PM)
Drawing a blank on that teaser. My baseless speculation is Red Steel 3 set in Russia.
Father_Brain
Samus made me a Widower :(
(04-23-2012, 10:59 PM)

Originally Posted by Discomurf

Wii U related?

Almost certainly a 3DS or even DS title, since the issue is shipping a month before E3. But I have no idea what that is... well, it'll be revealed within a week or so, anyway.
Rehynn
(04-23-2012, 11:00 PM)
DetectiveGAF, do your thing!
ViewtifulJC
shots fired? we run!
Red Star 2!
Instro

Typically table of contents are ok. I believe that stuff like that teaser is considered acceptable as well.
bgassassin
(04-23-2012, 11:01 PM)

Originally Posted by AceBandage

Retro working on a game based on the DirecTV Russian.