• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

GameplayWhore
(04-23-2012, 10:50 PM)

Originally Posted by IdeaMan

I'm finishing writing it. Nothing huge though don't set your expectations as high as a complete spec sheet, it's more about dev kits, etc.

You should simul-post it on Vandal to reward their undying love and worship of you.
axisofweevils
Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
(04-23-2012, 10:50 PM)

Originally Posted by Vinci

The two U's form a 0 or zero in that video.

0 GB memory confirmed!
D_prOdigy
(04-23-2012, 10:51 PM)
There's probably not a thread for this, but there's a scan of the teaser for the next Nintendo Power issue making the rounds.

It's naturally probably more interesting than whatever it's teasing, but it's... interesting nonetheless.
Fourth Storm

Originally Posted by Christberg

Am I the only one that's half expecting IBM East Fishkill plant/32nm? Matches up with the release timeline, limited run devkits now, volume production 2H/12.

Yeah, I've been on that train for a while. Will be disappointed if it ends up at 40nm, though it isn't a huge difference I suppose. Would make sense to be on the same tech as the eDRAM as well.
AceBandage
Banned

Originally Posted by D_prOdigy

There's probably not a thread for this, but there's a scan of the teaser for the next Nintendo Power issue making the rounds.

It's naturally probably more interesting than whatever it's teasing, but it's... interesting nonetheless.

New Advanced Wars?
BurntPork
Banned
(04-23-2012, 10:52 PM)

Originally Posted by Christberg

Am I the only one that's half expecting IBM East Fishkill plant/32nm? Matches up with the release timeline, limited run devkits now, volume production 2H/12.

Probably too expensive.
Discomurf
(04-23-2012, 10:52 PM)
Wii U related?

D_prOdigy
(04-23-2012, 10:53 PM)
Well the reason I didn't just post the scan was because I thought posting scans wasn't kosher...
AzaK
(04-23-2012, 10:53 PM)

Originally Posted by bgassassin

Remember that 1.5GB was also back in like June/July. It is very plausible that amount has changed by now.

OK now I'm confused because I thought you said you were spot on with the specs (Apart from GPU and L2 cache) and you said 1.5??

Originally Posted by BurntPork

I'm more thinking that it was always 1.5GB and still is, but since it was in the target specs it probably doesn't include the OS reserved RAM, so 2GB total.

I'm thinking that PS4 will have 2GB for games while XB3 has 4GB. Scaling between the three would not be all that hard in this case.

Yeah I could believe that. I always felt from what we heard that it was 2GB, but if the OS has a huge amount as IdeaMan says, then it could be split like that. 1/2 Gig for OS, 1.5 for games.
Discomurf
(04-23-2012, 10:54 PM)

Well the reason I didn't just post the scan was because I thought posting scans wasn't kosher...

Oh really? looks like its a cell phone photo + is not like its a screenshot of anything specific.

If its a problem I'll remove.
brandonh83
(04-23-2012, 10:55 PM)
"or you'll rue your fate, comrade"

Sounds like Kojima dialogue.
GameplayWhore

Originally Posted by Vinci

The two U's form a 0 or zero in that video.

That was pretty terrible (and it doesn't even have that "maaaaaaybe it's real a little" vibe thatlast year's cafe slides had.

Also, they dropped the ball massively with how they handled the logo. Even my hackjob was better!

HylianTom
would totally do this old lady if his wife were guaranteed not to find out.

Originally Posted by brandonh83

"or you'll rue your fate, comrade"

Sounds like Kojima dialogue.

I read it in Fake Sean Connery's voice.
brandonh83
(04-23-2012, 10:56 PM)

Originally Posted by HylianTom

Ah, rough. Just the way your mother likes it Trebek!
AceBandage
Banned
(04-23-2012, 10:56 PM)

Originally Posted by HylianTom

I read it in a generic Russian Accent.
bgassassin
(04-23-2012, 10:57 PM)

Originally Posted by guek

Originally Posted by AzaK

OK now I'm confused because I thought you said you were spot on with the specs (Apart from GPU and L2 cache) and you said 1.5??

I said I was accurate on the early target specs. That's a key part to remember.
HylianTom
would totally do this old lady if his wife were guaranteed not to find out.
(04-23-2012, 10:57 PM)

Ah, rough. Just the way your mother likes it Trebek!

Precisely! It really does Mighty my Penis!

And I just got home and watched that video.. silly question: is anyone around here able to translate what the woman at the end of the video is saying?
D_prOdigy
(04-23-2012, 10:58 PM)

Originally Posted by AceBandage

Metro: Last Light?
comedy bomb
Fluffy women turds
(04-23-2012, 10:59 PM)
Drawing a blank on that teaser. My baseless speculation is Red Steel 3 set in Russia.
Father_Brain
Samus made me a Widower :(
(04-23-2012, 10:59 PM)

Originally Posted by Discomurf

Wii U related?

Almost certainly a 3DS or even DS title, since the issue is shipping a month before E3. But I have no idea what that is... well, it'll be revealed within a week or so, anyway.
Rehynn
(04-23-2012, 11:00 PM)
DetectiveGAF, do your thing!
ViewtifulJC
shots fired? we run!
Red Star 2!
Instro

Typically table of contents are ok. I believe that stuff like that teaser is considered acceptable as well.
bgassassin
(04-23-2012, 11:01 PM)

Retro working on a game based on the DirecTV Russian.
D_prOdigy
(04-23-2012, 11:02 PM)

Originally Posted by Instro

Typically table of contents are ok. I believe that stuff like that teaser is considered acceptable as well.

I'm still learning.
ViewtifulJC
shots fired? we run!
Wait a minute...rue your fate...

That's from the Tales of series
Father_Brain

Originally Posted by Instro

Yeah, TOCs, covers, ads, and next-issue teases are allowed. Scans of actual articles aren't (unless they're officially released by the publisher, of course).
TheCongressman1
In Soviet Russia, Wii U!
IdeaMan
My source is my ass!
As promised, some new infos concerning the Wii U dev kits & their features

Warning: this data is relevant in a revision 4 dev kit / SDK 2 context.

My sources told me that several features, introduced in the E3 2011 presentation video or expected, were not available to the developers. It was in January/February.

Some of them are linked to the DRC camera, like the facial recognition, or the possibility to take movies with it. These functions are documented and planned, but weren't implemented at the time.

The possibility to track your head/eyes (to change what happens in the game depending on it for example), capture a little footage of you and insert it into a title, taking a video and store it in the system, the video calls option seen at E3 2011. All these (and possibly others) weren’t accessible to third-parties developers until at least February of this year.

This could have changed with later dev kits and SDK (like the 2.03)

What could be speculated from that & other tied infos that i've spread here and there on the speculation threads:

- Nintendo focused until rather lately on the asymmetrical setting of the Wii U, basically the hardware and its capability to render a content on two separate screens, one of them being a controller, leaving other points of the system for after.

- If some games at E3 2012 use these not-activated features, it will be a late implementation:
---- Because of a lack of time, maybe some companies willing to take advantage of those won’t demonstrate titles with an extensive (for the moment) utilization of facial recognition & other things relying on the camera.
---- Or these studios could have planned ahead of their activation and develop with this in mind, and they’ll have to adapt their projects when there are at their disposal (like the DRC not shown to developers until a few days before E3 2011).

- A lot of those features (i won’t reveal them all) are associated with the camera, it could be a sign that the situation about this component wasn’t settled by Nintendo, and they intend to use a sensor not-available at the time (higher resolution than the DS/3DS ones ?), or if they’ve chosen an already existing model, maybe they want to add an outward facing one, etc.

- These are surely linked to the system OS/Background. And crossed with the amount reserved for it that I’ve talked about before, it could hint toward Nintendo still in heavy development & creation of the software layer, the UI, the operating system, of the Wii U. And perhaps it’s only once this layer will be enough advanced in its conception that those features will be available to studios for their games.

- We can wonder if all the features the Wii U is capable of, will be ready at launch, or, like the 3DS video capture, we will have to wait for system updates to use them. It seems Nintendo has quite some time to implement all before the release, but it’s not sure.

Nothing groundbreaking, but I think it wasn’t heard-before, and it could nurture the speculation about the designing process of the Wii U, how some titles could implement or not these anticipated features, what we can expect concerning that come E3, if the Wii U will be complete in this area or not at launch, our wishes in regard to what these functionalities can bring to our games, applications, etc.
Last edited by IdeaMan; 04-23-2012 at 11:19 PM.
brandonh83
(04-23-2012, 11:03 PM)

Originally Posted by ViewtifulJC

Wait a minute...rue your fate...

That's from the Tales of series

shit, not bad... but I really hope not. Threads of Fate sequel perhaps?
GDGF
Soothsayer
Sonic Generations 2 set in Siberia staring Comrade the Hedgehog.
Discomurf
GameplayWhore
"new revelations"

...whoa, maybe the Wii U *will* be the only console to get a good RE game, after all!
Instro
(04-23-2012, 11:04 PM)
It might be worth making a thread for that so that more people can help track down an answer.

Originally Posted by Discomurf

That was my initial thought, its possible that certain 3rd party WiiU titles will be shown prior to E3.
jump_button
Banned
(04-23-2012, 11:05 PM)

Originally Posted by GDGF

Sonic Colours 2 set in space staring old school sonic the Hedgehog.

Fix
AceBandage
Banned

My sources told me that several features, introduced in the E3 2011 presentation video or expected, were not available to the developers. It was in January/February.

Some of them are linked to the DRC camera, like the facial recognition, or the possibility to take movies with it. These functions are documented and planned, but weren't implemented at the time.

The possibility to track your head/eyes (to change what happens in the game depending on it for example), capture a little footage of you and insert in on a title, taking a video and store it in the system, the video calls option seen at E3 2011. All these (and possibly others) werenít accessible to third-parties developers until at least February of this year.

What could be speculated from that & other tied infos spread here and there on the speculation threads:

- Nintendo focused until rather lately on the asymmetrical setting of the Wii U, basically the hardware and its capability to render a content on two separate screens, one of them being a controller.

- If some games at E3 2012 use these not-activated features, it will be a late implementation:
---- Because of a lack of time, maybe some companies willing to take advantage of those wonít demonstrate titles with an extensive (for the moment) utilization of facial recognition & other things relying on the camera.
---- Or these studios could have planned ahead of their activation and develop with this in mind, and theyíll have to adapt their projects when there are at their disposal (like the DRC not shown to developers until a few days before E3 2011).

- A lot of those features (i wonít reveal them all) are associated with the camera, it could be a sign that the situation about this component wasnít settled by Nintendo, and they intend to use a sensor not-available at the time (higher resolution than the DS/3DS ones ?), or if theyíve chosen an already existing model, maybe they want to add an outward facing one, etc.

- These are surely linked to the system OS/Background. And crossed with the amount reserved for it that Iíve talked about before, it could hint toward Nintendo still in heavy development & creation of the software layer, the UI, the operating system, of the Wii U. And perhaps itís only once this layer will be enough advanced in its conception that those features will be available to studios for their games.

- We can wonder if all the features the Wii U is capable of, will be ready at launch, or, like the 3DS video capture, we will have to wait for system updates to use them. It seems Nintendo has quite some time to implement all before the release, but itís not sure.

Nothing groundbreaking, but I think it wasnít heard-before, and it could nurture the speculation about the designing process of the Wii U, how some titles could implement or not these anticipated features, what we can expect in regard to that come E3, if the Wii U will be complete in this area or not at launch, our wishes in regard to what these functionalities can bring to our games, applications, etc.

Sounds like typical Nintendo, actually.
Some things won't be really used until later because they focus on specific things first.
BurntPork
Banned

Originally Posted by GameplayWhore

"new revelations"

...whoa, maybe the Wii U *will* be the only console to get a good RE game, after all!

You're thinking of Revalaitons.

I'm sorry.
ViewtifulJC
shots fired? we run!
(04-23-2012, 11:06 PM)

shit, not bad... but I really hope not. Threads of Fate sequel perhaps?

I would pay ANY AMOUNT OF MONEY for a Threads of Fate sequel. Me and Rue, man, we'll do it together.

ANY AMOUNT
Log4Girlz
I recently went to my friends house to check out his wii. I was generally impressed. It was larger than I expected though.
(04-23-2012, 11:07 PM)

The possibility to track your head/eyes (to change what happens in the game depending on it for example), capture a little footage of you and insert it into a title, taking a video and store it in the system, the video calls option seen at E3 2011. All these (and possibly others) werenít accessible to third-parties developers until at least February of this year.

What could be speculated from that & other tied infos that i've spread here and there on the speculation threads:

- Nintendo focused until rather lately on the asymmetrical setting of the Wii U, basically the hardware and its capability to render a content on two separate screens, one of them being a controller.

---- Because of a lack of time, maybe some companies willing to take advantage of those wonít demonstrate titles with an extensive (for the moment) utilization of facial recognition & other things relying on the camera.
---- Or these studios could have planned ahead of their activation and develop with this in mind, and theyíll have to adapt their projects when there are at their disposal (like the DRC not shown to developers until a few days before E3 2011).

- A lot of those features (i wonít reveal them all) are associated with the camera, it could be a sign that the situation about this component wasnít settled by Nintendo, and they intend to use a sensor not-available at the time (higher resolution than the DS/3DS ones ?), or if theyíve chosen an already existing model, maybe they want to add an outward facing one, etc.

- These are surely linked to the system OS/Background. And crossed with the amount reserved for it that Iíve talked about before, it could hint toward Nintendo still in heavy development & creation of the software layer, the UI, the operating system, of the Wii U. And perhaps itís only once this layer will be enough advanced in its conception that those features will be available to studios for their games.

- We can wonder if all the features the Wii U is capable of, will be ready at launch, or, like the 3DS video capture, we will have to wait for system updates to use them. It seems Nintendo has quite some time to implement all before the release, but itís not sure.

Nothing groundbreaking, but I think it wasnít heard-before, and it could nurture the speculation about the designing process of the Wii U, how some titles could implement or not these anticipated features, what we can expect in regard to that come E3, if the Wii U will be complete in this area or not at launch, our wishes in regard to what these functionalities can bring to our games, applications, etc.

So you're saying it can run Crysis?
Forsaken82
(04-23-2012, 11:07 PM)

Originally Posted by Father_Brain

Almost certainly a 3DS or even DS title, since the issue is shipping a month before E3. But I have no idea what that is... well, it'll be revealed within a week or so, anyway.

That means absolutely nothing. If it is the "June" Issue it will most certainly be their E3 issue. These are always done ahead of E3 because the magazines usually release to store shelves around that time unless magazine content has changed in the last 10 years (its been a while since I have read one)

If it isn't the June issue, than it won't be the E3 issue.
AceBandage
Banned
(04-23-2012, 11:08 PM)

Originally Posted by Forsaken82

That means absolutely nothing. If it is the "June" Issue it will most certainly be their E3 issue. These are always done ahead of E3 because the magazines usually release to store shelves around that time unless magazine content has changed in the last 10 years (its been a while since I have read one)

The June issue is released in May.
It won't have anything to do with E3.
brandonh83
(04-23-2012, 11:08 PM)

Originally Posted by ViewtifulJC

I would pay ANY AMOUNT OF MONEY for a Threads of Fate sequel. Me and Rue, man, we'll do it together.

ANY AMOUNT

I still need to play the first one, or at least give it more of a chance. I got it off PSN but got really bored with it about 15 minutes in. However, it's an RPG, and 15 minutes probably isn't quite a fair enough amount of time to judge.
AceBandage
Banned
(04-23-2012, 11:09 PM)

I still need to play the first one, or at least give it more of a chance. I got it off PSN but got really bored with it about 15 minutes in. However, it's an RPG, and 15 minutes probably isn't quite a fair enough amount of time to judge.

It picks up pretty quick, as it's a short game (though it's made for 4 playthroughs, technically).
AzaK
(04-23-2012, 11:10 PM)

Originally Posted by bgassassin

I said I was accurate on the early target specs. That's a key part to remember.

Ahh OK. So we're back to 2GB confirmed then :)
-Pyromaniac-
(04-23-2012, 11:10 PM)

The possibility to track your head/eyes (to change what happens in the game depending on it for example), capture a little footage of you and insert it into a title, taking a video and store it in the system, the video calls option seen at E3 2011. All these (and possibly others) werenít accessible to third-parties developers until at least February of this year.

interesting
Forsaken82
(04-23-2012, 11:11 PM)

The June issue is released in May.
It won't have anything to do with E3.

I figured that article was in reference to the following issue... which would be the June issue. My apologies if I was wrong and that was the April Issue...

Nevermind, Scratch my apology... it specifically says that reveal is for the June 2012 issue. So I stand by my argument.

My point is it wouldn't be the first time that a magazine publisher released their E3 info prior to E3. It used to happen all the time. But again, like i said, I haven't read a magazine in probably 10 years, so things could have changed.
Last edited by Forsaken82; 04-23-2012 at 11:14 PM.
brandonh83
(04-23-2012, 11:12 PM)

It picks up pretty quick, as it's a short game (though it's made for 4 playthroughs, technically).

yeah it's one of those PS1 generation Square titles so it's probably awesome. need to give it another go.
AceBandage
Banned
(04-23-2012, 11:12 PM)

Originally Posted by Forsaken82

I figured that article was in reference to the issue being released in May... which would be the June issue. My apologies if I was wrong and that was the April Issue...

This is from the May issue of the magazine (which released this month).
That is for next month's issue (the June Issue).
There will be nothing on E3 from there, except another tease.
Father_Brain
(04-23-2012, 11:17 PM)
Wait, is NP bimonthly now? The last issue was the April one.
comedy bomb
Fluffy women turds
(04-23-2012, 11:17 PM)

This is from the May issue of the magazine (which released this month).
That is for next month's issue (the June Issue).
There will be nothing on E3 from there, except another tease.

The issue that's out is the april issue with Epic Mickey 2. I'm so confused.