• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

mastrbiggy
(04-24-2012, 04:14 AM)

Originally Posted by heckfu

Does this mean that OuterWorldVoice is up for grabs? I don't want to give away my plan...I'm just...curious...

I approve.
senador
(04-24-2012, 04:16 AM)
For new page...

Where did the multiple disc thing come from? Just speculation or was it hinted at?

I'd love multiple discs because it'd mean nothing had to be cut to fit or compressed more, etc. Do it like BF3: Campaign on Disc 1, Multi and Spartan Ops on Disc 2.
Steelyuhas
(04-24-2012, 04:19 AM)

Originally Posted by Biggest-Geek-Ever

How'd the HD texture pack in Battlefield 3 work? Would that be a possible implementation we could see for Halo 4?

Well the texture pack for BF3 was a hard drive thing, not a disk space issue which we've been discussing.

As you can't allow an Xbox game to require the hard drive, dice made the texture pack an optional install to get better textures in the game.
CyReN
(04-24-2012, 04:19 AM)

Originally Posted by senador

For new page...

Where did the multiple disc thing come from? Just speculation or was it hinted at?

I'd love multiple discs because it'd mean nothing had to be cut to fit or compressed more, etc. Do it like BF3: Campaign on Disc 1, Multi and Spartan Ops on Disc 2.

Max Payne 3 is 2 disc, just people guessing.
mastrbiggy
(04-24-2012, 04:20 AM)
BEATEN SILLY

For new page...

I think it stemmed from Max Payne 3 having 2 discs. Pure speculation though.
thezerofire
(04-24-2012, 04:21 AM)

For new page...

someone mentioned Max Payne 3 being on 2 discs and it just went from there

edit: goddammit
Deputy Moonman
(04-24-2012, 04:22 AM)

Originally Posted by HigherLevel

You don't have to have a slow base movement to have sprint. Look at H4, what little we've seen seems to be a much faster than Reach and even 3 but it still has sprint.

I'm not talking about Halo4... I'm saying that armor abilities in Reach broke the maps. With no sprint, base movement would have been faster. Say what you want about it being possible to have sprint and fast movement in Halo4, but it didn't happen in Reach. And being able to sprint around each map with OP melee weapons and shotgun, in combination with nerfed precision weapons, and you have a recipe for disaster, especially with no bleed-through. If there were no jetpacks in Reach, it's likely that we would have had higher jump heights. No armor lock? Perhaps grenades wouldn't have been as strong. Too many things to account for and balance for map designers to make legitimately decent maps. Not saying that armor abilities could have been done differently to make them work, I'm just saying that didn't happen in Reach.
Homeboyd
(04-24-2012, 04:30 AM)
Strike 2
Biggest-Geek-Ever
(04-24-2012, 04:32 AM)

For new page...

Apparently, it has to do with Max Payne 3, but I've been thinking it could be on 2 discs for awhile now. Spartan Ops makes me think it's even more possible.

Originally Posted by Steelyuhas

Well the texture pack for BF3 was a hard drive thing, not a disk space issue which we've been discussing.

As you can't allow an Xbox game to require the hard drive, dice made the texture pack an optional install to get better textures in the game.

Ahh, I see. So I guess I could see that happening, given the visual quality we've seen so far.
Steelyuhas
(04-24-2012, 04:43 AM)

Ahh, I see. So I guess I could see that happening, given the visual quality we've seen so far.

Yeah I wouldn't be surprises if there is something like that.

I've been seriously impressed with the visuals from what we've seen so far. To me the Xbox has felt "maxed out" for a bit now, but devs keep impressing with their ability to squeeze more out of their games despite the old hardware.
ViewtifulJC
shots fired? we run!
(04-24-2012, 04:43 AM)
So...no 60fps?

;_;

I shall relay this...decision to the HaloCouncil
feel
(04-24-2012, 04:44 AM)

Originally Posted by kylej

Take out 4 hour long campaign, Special Ops, whatever other stuff, put in 60fps clean MP w/ AT LEAST AS GOOD AS XBLA GAME TRIALS EVOLUTION map editor and theater, maybe throw some dedis on top, call it the Walshy Edition and sell me that bitch for $350. ship it and consider it sold

The FPS made with Trial Evolution's forge blew my mind, you can even aim down sights.

That game needs to be in everyone's xbox, and not just for the little big planet stuff, but because the core bike game itself is that good.
Fracas
(04-24-2012, 04:46 AM)
Just got off work, caught up on the thread, expert trolling Tunavi! I need to go to Waypoint more...
heckfu

Originally Posted by Letters

The FPS made with Trial Evolution's forge blew my mind, you can even aim down sights.

That game needs to be in everyone's xbox, and not just for the little big planet stuff, but because the core bike game itself is that good.

It's SO good. I can't wait to get back to my box and play more of it.
CyReN
Sad day for competitive Halo players.

Originally Posted by ViewtifulJC

So...no 60fps?

;_;

ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by CyReN; 04-24-2012 at 05:01 AM.
heckfu
(04-24-2012, 04:57 AM)

Originally Posted by CyReN

NullPointer
#INTESTINAL
(04-24-2012, 04:58 AM)

Karl2177
(04-24-2012, 05:01 AM)
This is how I feel when attempting to play Reach.

I actually just wanted to post that image.
CyReN
(04-24-2012, 05:01 AM)

Originally Posted by heckfu

and a glimmer of hope.

mastrbiggy
(04-24-2012, 05:09 AM)

Video?

EDIT: nvm found it.

Pretty cool.
PsychoRaven
(04-24-2012, 05:22 AM)
Top 10 Franchises that need to die

Don't know if that was posted but take a look at number 1. Found it via a thread gaming side.

Oh and for those too lazy to watch.

10. Angry Birds

9. Dynasty Warriors

8. Lego Series

7. Call of Duty

6. Dragon Ball Z

5. DDR

4. Kingdom Hearts

3. Madden

2. Final Fantasy

1. Halo

Last edited by PsychoRaven; 04-24-2012 at 05:25 AM.
Der Flatulator
(04-24-2012, 05:24 AM)
New avatar, who approves?
Biggest-Geek-Ever
(04-24-2012, 05:25 AM)
Taking Screwattack seriously is probably on par with putting Yahtzee on Metacritc.
Tashi
343i Community Coordinator

Originally Posted by CyReN

ಠ_ಠ

Nice! GL HF one purchased
ViewtifulJC
shots fired? we run!

Originally Posted by PsychoRaven

Don't know if that was posted but take a look at number 1. Found it via a thread gaming side.

No Sonic? Shocking

CyReN
(04-24-2012, 05:26 AM)

but Spartans don't die, they go MIA..
PsychoRaven
(04-24-2012, 05:27 AM)

Taking Screwattack seriously is probably on par with putting Yahtzee on Metacritc.

So very true. I just found the list interesting.
Last edited by PsychoRaven; 04-24-2012 at 05:29 AM.
heckfu
(04-24-2012, 05:35 AM)

And watching it made my brain hurt. They literally said COD should die so the internet would stop talking about it, likened the Madden franchise (one of the best sports sims EVER) to merging WWF and WCW, and said that no matter how good H4 is the series should still die.

Sounds like some grumpy fatties to me.
lybertyboy
Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
(04-24-2012, 05:39 AM)
What's a screw attack?
Rickenslacker
(04-24-2012, 05:41 AM)

Originally Posted by lybertyboy

What's a screw attack?

It's that move that Metroid does.
HigherLevel
(04-24-2012, 05:42 AM)

What's a screw attack?

You guys should send them a review copy that doesn't work, and leave a note in the box that says, "sorry, since Halo needs to die, you don't need a working copy." haha
senador
(04-24-2012, 05:43 AM)
LOL, I guess GameTrailers doesn't want any exclusive Halo 4 stories eh?
GhaleonEB
knows his net worth
(04-24-2012, 05:43 AM)

What's a screw attack?

When someone tries to sex you to death.
Karl2177
(04-24-2012, 05:47 AM)

Originally Posted by GhaleonEB

When someone tries to sex you to death.

And by 'someone', do you mean a duck?
ncsuDuncan
(04-24-2012, 05:50 AM)

What's a screw attack?

It's an ability unlocked once you've collected enough Metroid Points.
Stinkles
sober, clothed, willing
(04-24-2012, 05:52 AM)

Playing MP made me realize I LOVE the (smooth, long) race tracks and HATE the (jump, brake) puzzle tracks. Game is cracky.
TheOddOne
(04-24-2012, 05:53 AM)

"We already finished the fight."

Yeah, that's a great reason Gametrailers. I guess you didn't get that exclusive reveal, eh?
Biggest-Geek-Ever
(04-24-2012, 05:56 AM)

Originally Posted by HigherLevel

You guys should send them a review copy that doesn't work, and leave a note in the box that says, "sorry, since Halo needs to die, you don't need a working copy." haha

And the second disc is flaming dog poo!
ncsuDuncan
(04-24-2012, 05:59 AM)

Originally Posted by Stinkles

Playing MP made me realize I LOVE the (smooth, long) race tracks and HATE the (jump, brake) puzzle tracks. Game is cracky.

This is one of the greatest improvements over the first game - there are a lot more easy/fun motocross tracks to enjoy in single player before you hit the wall of rage-inducing impossible gauntlets. My favorite was the 13-minute long track that took very few restarts, it was just a series of fun hills and jumps.

Hit the 500 restart limit on a few tracks this weekend. Not as bad as hitting the 30-minute time limit at only 300 restarts and 10 feet from the finish line.
NullPointer
#INTESTINAL
(04-24-2012, 06:00 AM)

Originally Posted by TheOddOne

Yeah, that's a great reason Gametrailers. I guess you didn't get that exclusive reveal, eh?

Ouch.
Retro
The Tree of Liberty
(04-24-2012, 06:02 AM)

"We already finished the fight."

I wasn't going to give them my traffic, but is that actually a real reason they give? Reminds me of;
Kuroyume
(04-24-2012, 06:02 AM)
Franchises that NEED to die? I don't get it.
TheOddOne
(04-24-2012, 06:08 AM)

Originally Posted by Retro

I wasn't going to give them my traffic, but is that actually a real reason they give? Reminds me of;

I'm not even joking, that is their reasoning.
Tawpgun
(04-24-2012, 06:11 AM)

Originally Posted by Stinkles

Beginner to Medium Tracks have that covered. Hard tracks you can still gun down but might take some more fancy bike work to get through.

Extreme tracks are fucking stupid.

300 faults and 20 minutes on one fucking jump. Goddamn.
NullPointer
#INTESTINAL
(04-24-2012, 06:13 AM)

I'm not even joking, that is their reasoning.

To be fair they also said that trilogies that try for a fourth installment all end up sucking. So there's that too. Not that it makes it any better a pick.
Retro
The Tree of Liberty
(04-24-2012, 06:16 AM)

Originally Posted by NullPointer

To be fair they also said that trilogies that try for a fourth installment all end up sucking. So there's that too.

Resident Evil says hello (shouldn't have pushed it with RE5 though). Not making a jab at you, Null, I'm just sayin'... it's not a law of the gaming universe or anything.

Bottom Line: A crappy gaming site using crappy tactics to generate traffic to their crappy articles. Just surprised it's not IGN again.
Biggest-Geek-Ever
(04-24-2012, 06:21 AM)

Originally Posted by NullPointer

To be fair they also said that trilogies that try for a fourth installment all end up sucking. So there's that too. Not that it makes it any better a pick.

Rocky IV is amazing goddammit. :P

And games have a history of extremely well received fourquels (Resident Evil 4, GTA IV, Metal Gear Solid 4, and Call of Duty 4) , though I'm guessing they meant ones that were planned as trilogies, but that seems like splitting hairs.
TheOddOne
(04-24-2012, 06:42 AM)
Well, I went in.
NullPointer
#INTESTINAL
(04-24-2012, 06:44 AM)
Well since I love the hell out of ODST and Reach I can't possibly agree with them. But I figure that even with all facts in hand it still so easy to mock em. Good technique to get the hits and forums going though.

Well, I went in.

The Master Chief: Sir, request permission to leave the station.
Lord Hood: For what purpose, Master Chief?
The Master Chief: To give the Covenant back their bomb.
Lord Hood: Permission granted.
Last edited by NullPointer; 04-24-2012 at 06:48 AM.
Plywood
NeoGAF's smiling token!
(04-24-2012, 06:44 AM)

Well, I went in.

Gaming Side is dark and full of terrors.