• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

DrForester
Kills Photobucket
(04-20-2012, 02:00 PM)

Originally Posted by The_Technomancer

Man, why is Stewart one of the most rational and interesting political interviewers to listen to? Why isn't this level of dialogue more common :(

Somethingsomethingcrossfireinterview
KarmaCow
(04-24-2012, 05:59 AM)
Good lord, why did this creationist guy agree to go on Colbert? Did he not get that Colbert is putting up an act?
NotTheGuyYouKill
(04-24-2012, 06:14 AM)
Oh my God, this is amazing. How the hell did they get Herman Caine to agree to be interviewed by Oliver? Amazing.
Lactose_Intolerant
(04-24-2012, 06:15 AM)
Holy shit at Herman Cain. The man is comedy gold
Hobbestetrician
(04-24-2012, 06:37 AM)

Originally Posted by KarmaCow

Good lord, why did this creationist guy agree to go on Colbert? Did he not get that Colbert is putting up an act?

I think there are still quite a few people (probably mostly conservatives who don't regularly tune in) who still haven't figured it out.
CygnusXS
will gain confidence one day
(04-24-2012, 06:57 AM)

Originally Posted by NotTheGuyYouKill

Oh my God, this is amazing. How the hell did they get Herman Caine to agree to be interviewed by Oliver? Amazing.

I was dying. Literally dying.
DarkKyo
(04-24-2012, 06:58 AM)
Shucky ducky!
faceless007
AAA ETHER
(04-24-2012, 07:26 AM)
Holy crap, I think John Oliver might be an even better satirical interviewer than Colbert. That was just priceless. I now want him to have a regular interview segment.
WillyFive
(04-24-2012, 12:39 PM)
Herman Cain is amazing. He just walked in and fell for it all, and took it like a man.
Fusebox
eternally victimized by the Common Sense Hit Squad
(04-25-2012, 02:36 AM)

So then what DO sleeping rocks dream of?!

I rest my case, evolution BUSTED.
The Technomancer
card-carrying scientician
(04-25-2012, 02:38 AM)
Cain's speech to the aliens was worthy of the applause it got. He gave it with a straight face too
KingK
(04-25-2012, 02:51 AM)
Herman Cain is so good. I miss that guy. I love how he just rolls with the punches and doesn't get angry at the jokes about him. Seems like a really great guy.
Socreges
smarter than the average commie
(04-25-2012, 02:53 AM)

Originally Posted by JimWood27

I think there are still quite a few people (probably mostly conservatives who don't regularly tune in) who still haven't figured it out.

Originally Posted by Fusebox

So then what DO sleeping rocks dream of?!

I rest my case, evolution BUSTED.

I think they generally know what they're getting into, but just want the attention/exposure to spread their 'message'.
Kisaya
(04-25-2012, 02:56 AM)
Had tickets to see tonight's show and it was great :D Very funny! Can't say the same for the warmup guy though lool
B.K.
(04-25-2012, 04:43 AM)
Raxus
(04-25-2012, 04:49 AM)
Awesome.

Julie Andrews was hilarious too.
Enzom21
(04-25-2012, 05:09 AM)

Originally Posted by B.K.

His interview with Maurice Sendak was the best. http://www.colbertnation.com/the-col...e-sendak-pt--1 http://www.colbertnation.com/the-col...e-sendak-pt--2
NotTheGuyYouKill
(04-25-2012, 05:30 AM)
The middle segment with the voter, Kevin, was hilarious, especially with all the correspondents being in it.
Dartastic
(04-25-2012, 05:34 AM)
Oh Colbert. At least we can say he is fair about putting guests on his show. But... damn. 0.o

http://www.colbertnation.com/full-ep...12-don-mcleroy
Fantastical
Death Prophet
(04-25-2012, 08:22 PM)
I <3 Julie Andrews.
Lactose_Intolerant
(04-25-2012, 08:33 PM)

Originally Posted by Raxus

Awesome.

Julie Andrews was hilarious too.

It was a little too obvious that his reaction shots were taped later on, but it was still funny.
DrForester
Kills Photobucket
(04-26-2012, 04:07 AM)
Space Mining

Edit: TYSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tamanon
Professional Bastard
(04-26-2012, 04:09 AM)
Neil DeGrasse Tyson.

So good.
Kud Dukan
(04-26-2012, 04:13 AM)
Space mining and Neil deGrasse Tyson? Love it!
NotTheGuyYouKill
(04-26-2012, 06:15 AM)
Tyson's a fucking boss.
The Technomancer
(04-26-2012, 06:36 AM)
Holy shit...no way is Julie Andrews almost 80 years old. I refuse to believe it.
Beelzeboss
(04-26-2012, 06:39 AM)
I thought the same thing. I googled it after she started talking about Mary Poppins and was shocked.
Jintor
Lit himself on fire to get
a mod to tag him
(04-26-2012, 12:52 PM)
That motherfucking bottle, lol
Gigglepoo
(04-26-2012, 05:42 PM)
Is there an audio-only version of The Daily Show? I'd love to listen to this in podcast form since I don't have time to watch it on television every day, but there doesn't seem to be an option for this.
Drakeon
(04-26-2012, 05:44 PM)

Originally Posted by Gigglepoo

Is there an audio-only version of The Daily Show? I'd love to listen to this in podcast form since I don't have time to watch it on television every day, but there doesn't seem to be an option for this.

Best solution I could think of in your situation would be to get hulu plus and just listen to the video on your smartphone, but as far as I know, theres no way to get just audio of the show.
Cosmic Schwung
(04-26-2012, 05:52 PM)

Originally Posted by Gigglepoo

I'd love them to do a podcast but there can be quite a bit of visual humour on the show which just wouldn't work on an audio only format. There are some good satirical podcasts out there that could be worth checking out instead, like The Bugle.
Gigglepoo
(04-26-2012, 05:54 PM)

Originally Posted by Drakeon

Best solution I could think of in your situation would be to get hulu plus and just listen to the video on your smartphone, but as far as I know, theres no way to get just audio of the show.

Hulu Plus is incompatible with my HTC Detail (CredoMobile's version of the Evo). It's kind of crazy to me that The Daily Show doesn't have a proper audio-only version.
NotTheGuyYouKill
(04-27-2012, 06:56 AM)
Oh man, Colbert's interviews with Jack White are always so bloody hilarious. White is always so exasperated and confused and on the edge of laughing while Colbert is being so absurd

What a terrible business model.
Gigglepoo
(04-27-2012, 11:16 PM)

Originally Posted by Cosmic Schwung

I'd love them to do a podcast but there can be quite a bit of visual humour on the show which just wouldn't work on an audio only format. There are some good satirical podcasts out there that could be worth checking out instead, like The Bugle.

I apparently have bad luck as far as satirical comedy is concerned. They don't have an RSS link for The Bugle, so I can't subscribe. Boo! Thanks for the tip, though, I'll listen when they add that functionality.
a secret-boss
(04-27-2012, 11:48 PM)

Originally Posted by NotTheGuyYouKill

Oh man, Colbert's interviews with Jack White are always so bloody hilarious. White is always so exasperated and confused and on the edge of laughing while Colbert is being so absurd

What a terrible business model.

Yup that was a great segment also his previous Jack White segments
DrForester
Kills Photobucket
(05-01-2012, 04:55 AM)
This Dianne Keaton interview is awkward...
brianmcdoogle
(05-01-2012, 05:00 AM)

Originally Posted by DrForester

First it was Fonda, now Keaton. Colbert has a type!
AlimNassor
Banned
(05-01-2012, 05:03 AM)
So some guy from reddit is supposed to have been interviewed today on TDS. huh.
cartoon_soldier
(05-01-2012, 05:09 AM)

Originally Posted by AlimNassor

So some guy from reddit is supposed to have been interviewed today on TDS. huh.

you mean some guy who also visits reddit
Socreges
(05-01-2012, 09:37 AM)

Originally Posted by DrForester

At first I thought it was awkward. Then it was kinda funny. Then at the end it became flat-out embarrassing. Keaton should know by now not to mix alcohol with her medication.
The Technomancer
(05-01-2012, 03:37 PM)
Holy shit...Jon Stewart's quote on "dialogue" today is the best thing I've ever seen him say
Lactose_Intolerant
(05-01-2012, 05:29 PM)

Originally Posted by Socreges

At first I thought it was awkward. Then it was kinda funny. Then at the end it became flat-out embarrassing. Keaton should know by now not to mix alcohol with her medication.

She seriously didn't say anything about her book, it was weird. She's always a little wacky but that was over the top. I like when the older woman can break Colbert's character though, its funny.
fallagin
(05-01-2012, 09:41 PM)
God, that whole keaton interview was very painful to watch. Shes not actually going to bring charges against colbeirt is she???
explodet
(05-01-2012, 09:48 PM)

Originally Posted by The_Technomancer

Holy shit...Jon Stewart's quote on "dialogue" today is the best thing I've ever seen him say

I hate to be that guy, but could we get a link?
Raxus
(05-01-2012, 09:51 PM)

Originally Posted by fallagin

God, that whole keaton interview was very painful to watch. Shes not actually going to bring charges against colbeirt is she???

Colbert seems to have some effect on older women. Fonda kissed him and Keaton was clearly flustered and just wanted to leave by the end of the interview (by no fault of Colbert who was desperately trying to keep the interview going). Was it embarrassing? Yes, but it was hilarious to watch and that is all I care about.
Socreges
(05-01-2012, 10:31 PM)

Originally Posted by Raxus

Colbert seems to have some effect on older women. Fonda kissed him and Keaton was clearly flustered and just wanted to leave by the end of the interview (by no fault of Colbert who was desperately trying to keep the interview going). Was it embarrassing? Yes, but it was hilarious to watch and that is all I care about.

Don't you think she was clearly drunk, though? A lot of guests drink a bit to loosen up and some go overboard (case in point).
Battersea Power Station
(05-02-2012, 03:28 AM)
Very weird; I got a very different impression of Keaton than your descriptions. I thought she was just trying to keep up with him by putting on an act, but was too impressed with him to do it all the way. I didn't see any awkwardness though.
DrForester
Kills Photobucket
(05-02-2012, 03:31 AM)
I almost got the impression that she did not want to be there and they didn't like each other at all and were just trying to fake it.
kehs
(05-02-2012, 04:13 AM)
Stewart obliterating the whiners. Awesome.
CF_Fighter
(05-02-2012, 04:13 AM)
Holy shit, that proposed Bush ad was amazing. I was rolling.