• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Projectjustice
Banned
(04-26-2012, 02:38 PM)
Projectjustice's Avatar

Originally Posted by redfiend00

What are the chances of this becoming F2P?

Why would you want Tera to go F2P? From my experience any MMO that goes F2P is ruined. Yea its free but its not the same game anymore and it doesnt give you the experience that it should.
nicoga3000
Member
(04-26-2012, 02:39 PM)
nicoga3000's Avatar

Originally Posted by awwyeahgurrl

Trying to decide between a priest or a Mystic. I thought there weren't really going to be that many priests but checking out the forums there seems to be a decent amount compared to Mystics.

This is the "list" that someone put together on the official forums.

Priest Pros
---Burst/AoE Healing.
---Several buffs which last 10 to 25minutes. (both offensive and defensive)
---Absorption Shield (14k damage at 60, resistance to stun/kd while active)
---Ability to kite if needed
---Dodge also slows Movement speed in a small aoe centered on you.
---Dependable self heals
---Easier to heal with.
---Can "cure" knockdowns
---Mass aoe Cure (15 allies in 17m)
---Self rezz restores full hp/mp and stamina (mystic's is 70%hp/mp and 10% stamina)

Priest Cons
---Their sleep is only one target.
---Mp Restoration requires glyphs and devoted charge time
---They don't have any buffs that effect their party's crit rate or crit resist
---Fiery Escape can put you in combat
---Less mobile

Mystic Pros
---Lock-on Heal has a HoT
---Auras (Crit rate Or Run speed) and (Crit Resist Or MP)
---Due to crit rate aura provides greater boost to party dps
---Orbs Can be laid ahead of time, Orbs also act as a "cure over time"
---Better kiter due to DOT being castable on the run
---Teleport skill with a glyph that has a 25% chance to reset the cooldown, KD reactive can also be glyphed to reset teleport. Extremely useful escape.
---Extremely mobile
---Can give their party mana back with orbs, an attack and a passive aura.
---Has a self-resurrect skill that can be cast on party members and glyphed to apply to Self.
---Healing Fairy is very useful. also cures on every heal it casts.
---Can sleep 2 targets
---Has multiple aoe CC skills (stun/fear etc) (all but the stun can be cast on the run)
---Fear completely disables the target in both pvp and pve and is full duration in pvp.
---Ability to lock down bosses with chain CC (once their full arsenal is available)
---Shield can be cast every 25sec (1min 15sec for priests)

Mystic Cons
---Usefulness of Tank/DPS pets are debatable bordering on useless
(tank pet really only useful for soloing BAM's)
---Can't force people to pick up orbs
---Has to depend on Fairy or orbs for self heals
---Orbs, Fairy and Totem do not benefit from weapons heal boost.
---Can only have 1 pet out at a time
FuttBuck
Member
(04-26-2012, 03:03 PM)
FuttBuck's Avatar

Originally Posted by nicoga3000

This is the "list" that someone put together on the official forums.

Priest Pros
---Burst/AoE Healing.
---Several buffs which last 10 to 25minutes. (both offensive and defensive)
---Absorption Shield (14k damage at 60, resistance to stun/kd while active)
---Ability to kite if needed
---Dodge also slows Movement speed in a small aoe centered on you.
---Dependable self heals
---Easier to heal with.
---Can "cure" knockdowns
---Mass aoe Cure (15 allies in 17m)
---Self rezz restores full hp/mp and stamina (mystic's is 70%hp/mp and 10% stamina)

Priest Cons
---Their sleep is only one target.
---Mp Restoration requires glyphs and devoted charge time
---They don't have any buffs that effect their party's crit rate or crit resist
---Fiery Escape can put you in combat
---Less mobile

Mystic Pros
---Lock-on Heal has a HoT
---Auras (Crit rate Or Run speed) and (Crit Resist Or MP)
---Due to crit rate aura provides greater boost to party dps
---Orbs Can be laid ahead of time, Orbs also act as a "cure over time"
---Better kiter due to DOT being castable on the run
---Teleport skill with a glyph that has a 25% chance to reset the cooldown, KD reactive can also be glyphed to reset teleport. Extremely useful escape.
---Extremely mobile
---Can give their party mana back with orbs, an attack and a passive aura.
---Has a self-resurrect skill that can be cast on party members and glyphed to apply to Self.
---Healing Fairy is very useful. also cures on every heal it casts.
---Can sleep 2 targets
---Has multiple aoe CC skills (stun/fear etc) (all but the stun can be cast on the run)
---Fear completely disables the target in both pvp and pve and is full duration in pvp.
---Ability to lock down bosses with chain CC (once their full arsenal is available)
---Shield can be cast every 25sec (1min 15sec for priests)

Mystic Cons
---Usefulness of Tank/DPS pets are debatable bordering on useless
(tank pet really only useful for soloing BAM's)
---Can't force people to pick up orbs
---Has to depend on Fairy or orbs for self heals
---Orbs, Fairy and Totem do not benefit from weapons heal boost.
---Can only have 1 pet out at a time


Seems very similar to Priest vs. Mystic in EQoA and EQ2. Both look to be viable healers where as Priests will always be main healers in raid scenarios and Mystics are there for buffs/debuffs and support healing.
InternHertz
Member
(04-26-2012, 03:08 PM)
InternHertz's Avatar
ROBOKITTYZILLA, there's a new PvP server in the EU :

Samael - Type: PvP - Language: EN/EU

Please update the OP :)
ROBOKITTYZILLA
Member
(04-26-2012, 03:10 PM)
ROBOKITTYZILLA's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rinoa

My reaction to being on wall of shame

Probably due to Elleon moe.
OP please add my review
http://bit.ly/fgterabeta

and this link to the armors gallery
http://tera-online.cc/gallery/races/

lol

I'm probably going to update the wall once a month for fun. I added your impressions to the preview section and the armor gallery. For the reviews, I'm really looking for scored reviews based on the final launch build of the game (or at least the OBT client).

Originally Posted by Teknoman

I really dont want to just jump into another MMO after being sorta burned by SWTOR...and of course i'm going to stick through XIV (yeah yeah) along with GW2 and Diablo 3 coming up (one isnt an MMO and the other doesnt have a sub, but still)...

But damn if those screenshots in the OP arent some of the most amazing, action packed shots i've seen in awhile.

Join us! I have extra codes for the head start if you want one.

Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier

OH YES I DID AGAIN! And unlike the other Elins here, I can prove it with screenshots.

NO. I am the cutest Elin. Pics incoming!! oh wait, I'm at work. :(

Time for a massive deathmatch at Pora Elinu to decide the outcome.

Originally Posted by kyubajin

Is TERA's combat and premise so good that it really makes it possibly to bear this mechanic for yet another MMO? Endless hours wasted waiting for healers (my most played class in WoW) or tanks?

I'll be honest, with Diablo 3 just round the corner I don't think I'll get into another MMO for quite some time yet I'd love to try the genre one last time.

Yes, it is. It's quite a different experience. Also, the ratio of healers and tanks to DPS is much more balanced in TERA because all the classes are just so damn fun to play. Streamlined tools like the dungeon finder and LFG really help too.

Originally Posted by MoonLightWave

Frogster so bad, they had one EU pvp server at first and guess what now it's full. What did they expect...

They added another but I can't even log in and delete my char.

I laughed pretty hard when I noticed they only setup one English based PVE and PVP server. WTF? Seriously, EU people just need to roll on NA servers.

Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier

Just want to post a quick reminder for everyone that the offsite home of the GAF guilds is:
http://tera-gaf.enjin.com/home

Since we still got 2 days until headstart I have some time to work on it a bit. If any of you are interested in working on the site as well, shoot me a PM and I can give you admin access.

Forgot to add this in my late night stupor. Added to the OP!
nicoga3000
Member
(04-26-2012, 03:13 PM)
nicoga3000's Avatar

Originally Posted by FuttBuck

Seems very similar to Priest vs. Mystic in EQoA and EQ2. Both look to be viable healers where as Priests will always be main healers in raid scenarios and Mystics are there for buffs/debuffs and support healing.

Yeah, we farmed crabs Sunday night with a Mystic healer. ORBS EVERYWHERE. O_O

I botched a block at one point and almost died (STILL getting used to the delay on Lancers)...As a result, most of the party lost an ass ton of health as well (oops...). The Mystic was able to get us all topped off, though. The orbs are nice, but I imagine they're more useful to DPS classes as I don't have a chance as the tank to run over to various orbs for HP/MP.
ROBOKITTYZILLA
Member
(04-26-2012, 03:14 PM)
ROBOKITTYZILLA's Avatar

Originally Posted by InternHertz

ROBOKITTYZILLA, there's a new PvP server in the EU :

Samael - Type: PvP - Language: EN/EU

Please update the OP :)

Updated. Thanks!
ultron87
Member
(04-26-2012, 03:20 PM)
ultron87's Avatar
Question: I'm interested in this and haven't gotten a chance to try it out even though I signed up for the beta at some point. Looking at my En Masse account it says I have a Trial account for Tera where its account status is "Active". Does that mean I could go home and try the game out (after downloading) or is that for some beta period that is passed already?
Orangepeel
Member
(04-26-2012, 03:27 PM)
Orangepeel's Avatar
I've been so torn on whether or not to buy this. Lately I have really been craving some kind of mmo like fix, but I don't have the luxury of time on my hands these days so I wasn't justifying it very well. I'm just going to bite the bullet though, maybe join up with gaffers too.

I did enjoy going through the short intro island in the open beta, though I forgot to try a controller, I'll have to get on that too.
Mithos
Member
(04-26-2012, 03:29 PM)
Mithos's Avatar

Originally Posted by Projectjustice

Why would you want Tera to go F2P? From my experience any MMO that goes F2P is ruined. Yea its free but its not the same game anymore and it doesnt give you the experience that it should.

They need to drop the $10-15/month fee to get me back to pay2play, change it to timebased, as in $10-15 for 30days, and timer do not go down if you do not play anything.
Xiaoki
Member
(04-26-2012, 03:30 PM)

Originally Posted by FuttBuck

Seems very similar to Priest vs. Mystic in EQoA and EQ2. Both look to be viable healers where as Priests will always be main healers in raid scenarios and Mystics are there for buffs/debuffs and support healing.

Mystics are quite good as main healers and can completely trivialize bosses. The heal and mana orbs dont have a limit or a duration so before a boss a Mystic can literally fill up the room with orbs.
The heal orbs are very good because they have an instant heal, leave a HoT and cleanse bad effects from you.
The mana orbs are God in this game. All DPS is limited by mana, to restore mana you use your basic attack which is weak as piss. Mana orbs allow you to blow your wad, pick up mana orb, blow your wad again. The less time you spend doing your basic attack to regain mana the more damage you do.
For DPS they also have an aura that doubles crit. DOUBLES crit?! Yeah.

However, level 60 Hard Mode dungeons favor a Priest because they have bigger heals. Mystics can still heal them fine but the DPS needs to take less major hits.
nicoga3000
Member
(04-26-2012, 03:33 PM)
nicoga3000's Avatar

Originally Posted by Xiaoki

However, level 60 Hard Mode dungeons favor a Priest because they have bigger heals. Mystics can still heal them fine but the DPS needs to take less major hits.

The awesome thing about TERA is that a skilled player stands out by doing the bolded portion. As a Lancer, if I execute flawlessly, I should take very very little damage. Some attacks feel nearly impossible to block (e.g. the crabs shimmy attack seems to always land 2-3 hits of a few hundred damage...Nothing terrible). I don't know how DPS work when it comes to dodge/block mechanics, but if they're on the side/behind the boss, they should in theory take less damage and make the life of the healer easier.
Muddimar
Member
(04-26-2012, 03:35 PM)
Muddimar's Avatar

Originally Posted by nicoga3000

This is the "list" that someone put together on the official forums.

Priest Pros
---Burst/AoE Healing.
---Several buffs which last 10 to 25minutes. (both offensive and defensive)
---Absorption Shield (14k damage at 60, resistance to stun/kd while active)
---Ability to kite if needed
---Dodge also slows Movement speed in a small aoe centered on you.
---Dependable self heals
---Easier to heal with.
---Can "cure" knockdowns
---Mass aoe Cure (15 allies in 17m)
---Self rezz restores full hp/mp and stamina (mystic's is 70%hp/mp and 10% stamina)

Priest Cons
---Their sleep is only one target.
---Mp Restoration requires glyphs and devoted charge time
---They don't have any buffs that effect their party's crit rate or crit resist
---Fiery Escape can put you in combat
---Less mobile

Mystic Pros
---Lock-on Heal has a HoT
---Auras (Crit rate Or Run speed) and (Crit Resist Or MP)
---Due to crit rate aura provides greater boost to party dps
---Orbs Can be laid ahead of time, Orbs also act as a "cure over time"
---Better kiter due to DOT being castable on the run
---Teleport skill with a glyph that has a 25% chance to reset the cooldown, KD reactive can also be glyphed to reset teleport. Extremely useful escape.
---Extremely mobile
---Can give their party mana back with orbs, an attack and a passive aura.
---Has a self-resurrect skill that can be cast on party members and glyphed to apply to Self.
---Healing Fairy is very useful. also cures on every heal it casts.
---Can sleep 2 targets
---Has multiple aoe CC skills (stun/fear etc) (all but the stun can be cast on the run)
---Fear completely disables the target in both pvp and pve and is full duration in pvp.
---Ability to lock down bosses with chain CC (once their full arsenal is available)
---Shield can be cast every 25sec (1min 15sec for priests)

Mystic Cons
---Usefulness of Tank/DPS pets are debatable bordering on useless
(tank pet really only useful for soloing BAM's)
---Can't force people to pick up orbs
---Has to depend on Fairy or orbs for self heals
---Orbs, Fairy and Totem do not benefit from weapons heal boost.
---Can only have 1 pet out at a time

Priest's do have a MP Regen ability also, it regens X amount of mp per second, I think it can be increased with Glyphs. I used it quite often along with the mana refill charge ability. Never ran out of mana in a boss fight.
Johnlenham
Member
(04-26-2012, 03:36 PM)
Johnlenham's Avatar
Man I rememebr reading about this ages and ages ago!
I imagine ive missed any beta chances to try the game out? hopefully my laptop can run it aswell..
Muddimar
Member
(04-26-2012, 03:37 PM)
Muddimar's Avatar

Originally Posted by Johnlenham

Man I rememebr reading about this ages and ages ago!
I imagine ive missed any beta chances to try the game out? hopefully my laptop can run it aswell..

I have a buddy code you can have. It's good for the US open beta this weekend.

PS: Check your inbox.
vaelic
Banned
(04-26-2012, 03:37 PM)
vaelic's Avatar
I wish Tera had a reason to "explore" such as Rift did, with finding hidden collectibles and such
NeOak
Member
(04-26-2012, 03:46 PM)
NeOak's Avatar

Originally Posted by nicoga3000

they should in theory take less damage and make the life of the healer easier.

Oh, a priest can dream...
vaelic
Banned
(04-26-2012, 04:00 PM)
vaelic's Avatar
looking for a buddy code for a friend if anyone has an extra!
Johnlenham
Member
(04-26-2012, 04:02 PM)
Johnlenham's Avatar

Originally Posted by Muddimar

I have a buddy code you can have. It's good for the US open beta this weekend.

PS: Check your inbox.

Oh nice. Thanks! When it run from? (saying that I could just google it)
awwyeahgurrl
Member
(04-26-2012, 04:03 PM)
awwyeahgurrl's Avatar
Seems like a Mystic might be a little better if your party consists of good players. Might roll Mystic as my first character then and I guess it'll making solo leveling a little faster.
DMPrince
Member
(04-26-2012, 04:05 PM)

Originally Posted by vaelic

I wish Tera had a reason to "explore" such as Rift did, with finding hidden collectibles and such

it wasn't much but they did once had the birthday gifts thrown all over the environment. i enjoyed it.
nicoga3000
Member
(04-26-2012, 04:10 PM)
nicoga3000's Avatar

Originally Posted by awwyeahgurrl

Seems like a Mystic might be a little better if your party consists of good players. Might roll Mystic as my first character then and I guess it'll making solo leveling a little faster.

I gather that as well - but as it's already been stated, a skilled Mystic CAN heal any content, it's just tougher. :P

Originally Posted by vaelic

I wish Tera had a reason to "explore" such as Rift did, with finding hidden collectibles and such

The best reasons I've found are for the overworld dungeons. It would be neat if they added something more, though...
Insayne
Junior Member
(04-26-2012, 04:12 PM)
Hey guys :)

A lot of familiar faces from when we played the KR version :)

Since I am european, I am playing on the euro servers. I found a nice Multi-gaming clan/Guild basically that's aimed at hardcore players. I will just leave our recruitment stuff here for those of you still looking to find a nice hardcore place to be:

Hardcore EU/International, English speaking Guild looking for like minded members.

HEL is a multi gaming guild formed in 1998. We are seeking mature, active, PvP/PVE players to play on a PvP server, ventrilo and forum participation are mandatory.

We have established a core group of TERA players through the CBT phase and are looking to add to this to create a well rounded Guild that can participate in all the game has to offer, PvP the political system and beyond.

If this sounds like the guild for you apply

HERE!


Please mention in your application where you heard about us.

Hope to see some of you ingame again ^^
Xiaoki
Member
(04-26-2012, 04:25 PM)

Originally Posted by nicoga3000

The awesome thing about TERA is that a skilled player stands out by doing the bolded portion. As a Lancer, if I execute flawlessly, I should take very very little damage. Some attacks feel nearly impossible to block (e.g. the crabs shimmy attack seems to always land 2-3 hits of a few hundred damage...Nothing terrible). I don't know how DPS work when it comes to dodge/block mechanics, but if they're on the side/behind the boss, they should in theory take less damage and make the life of the healer easier.

In open beta I did see some .....less skilled players.

The Red Lash Marauders have an attack where they stomp the ground and it does a ton of damage and leaves a DoT. The other DPS ate this pretty much every time.

And this is where the Priest's better healing throughput comes in.

My main is a Slayer(Mystic alt) and I learned their animation tells by soloing one of them. Took me forever to do it though.
nicoga3000
Member
(04-26-2012, 04:27 PM)
nicoga3000's Avatar
OT and CT are making my head hurt...NOT SURE WHERE TO POST! :|

There's rumor around that having a higher leveled player with you in an instance lowers the drop rate of items. Is this true/has it been proven?

If a level 60 solo spams SM for legendaries to put on the AH, it screws up the economy. But that being said, a few runs with a group should net you at least one of the legendaries you're hunting down. I got my Dreadspike my first run, and my brother (Sweeetman, who DID apply for a GAF account a few months ago, so hopefully he'll join in the convo eventually!) got his Axe on his 3rd or 4th run. So they DO drop...

Another scenario...4 lowbies could group with a level 60 and make it a joke to farm (~40 min CD, right?). So this would make sense to lower the drop rate here. But at what point would the drop rate cut off?

So far, everything has been BoE from dungeons, so limiting the drop rate would make sense (to prevent the two scenarios I presented). I don't know though...

Thoughts/links/info?

Originally Posted by Xiaoki

In open beta I did see some .....less skilled players.

The Red Lash Marauders have an attack where they stomp the ground and it does a ton of damage and leaves a DoT. The other DPS ate this pretty much every time.

And this is where the Priest's better healing throughput comes in.

My main is a Slayer(Mystic alt) and I learned their animation tells by soloing one of them. Took me forever to do it though.

One thing I dig about playing a Lancer is that I NEED to learn the way the enemy acts or else we die. I love that there's no real pattern to bosses, too - it REALLY keeps me and the DPS on their toes. Tunnel vision is nearly impossible as a result (or you die...).
Last edited by nicoga3000; 04-26-2012 at 04:29 PM.
redfiend00
Junior Member
(04-26-2012, 04:31 PM)
redfiend00's Avatar

Originally Posted by Projectjustice

Why would you want Tera to go F2P? From my experience any MMO that goes F2P is ruined. Yea its free but its not the same game anymore and it doesnt give you the experience that it should.

Because free is always better.
EDarkness
Member
(04-26-2012, 04:32 PM)

Originally Posted by nicoga3000

OT and CT are making my head hurt...NOT SURE WHERE TO POST! :|

There's rumor around that having a higher leveled player with you in an instance lowers the drop rate of items. Is this true/has it been proven?

If a level 60 solo spams SM for legendaries to put on the AH, it screws up the economy. But that being said, a few runs with a group should net you at least one of the legendaries you're hunting down. I got my Dreadspike my first run, and my brother (Sweeetman, who DID apply for a GAF account a few months ago, so hopefully he'll join in the convo eventually!) got his Axe on his 3rd or 4th run. So they DO drop...

Another scenario...4 lowbies could group with a level 60 and make it a joke to farm (~40 min CD, right?). So this would make sense to lower the drop rate here. But at what point would the drop rate cut off?

So far, everything has been BoE from dungeons, so limiting the drop rate would make sense (to prevent the two scenarios I presented). I don't know though...

Thoughts/links/info?

This is true. I had this happen when I was playing on the Japanese servers and Han Game had it on their website as well. Not sure where that information is, but it's definitely true. Lowbies don't want to run with high level players in dungeons for this reason. Really screws up the drops.
NeOak
Member
(04-26-2012, 04:37 PM)
NeOak's Avatar

Originally Posted by redfiend00

Because free is always better.

Sure...

Originally Posted by nicoga3000

OT and CT are making my head hurt...NOT SURE WHERE TO POST! :|

Haha guess what will happen in a month when both OT and CT are in Community...

Originally Posted by nicoga3000

I got my Dreadspike my first run,

You lucky bastard lol. That run was quite hectic, since DPS ended up grabbing aggro a lot, but i can say that you did adapt quickly to the situations and we didnt wipe.
Last edited by NeOak; 04-26-2012 at 04:43 PM.
nicoga3000
Member
(04-26-2012, 04:44 PM)
nicoga3000's Avatar

Originally Posted by NeOak

You lucky bastard lol. That run was quite hectic, since DPS ended up grabbing aggro a lot, but i can say that you did adapt quickly to the situations and we didnt wipe.

Woo! Speaking of that run, I've not had any real aggro issues since it. I tell everyone to give me ~5 seconds to build up threat, and it's all cake from there. :P
Muddimar
Member
(04-26-2012, 04:47 PM)
Muddimar's Avatar

Originally Posted by Johnlenham

Oh nice. Thanks! When it run from? (saying that I could just google it)

Saturday 28th at 12 central to Monday I believe.
DMPrince
Member
(04-26-2012, 04:49 PM)
.
NeOak
Member
(04-26-2012, 04:50 PM)
NeOak's Avatar

Originally Posted by DMPrince

Pacific but it's 2PM Central.

Central but it's 3PM East.
Arksy
Member
(04-26-2012, 04:53 PM)
Arksy's Avatar
Is it easy for EU guys to log onto the US servers? From what it sounds like Frogster is doing a horrid job...
NeOak
Member
(04-26-2012, 04:53 PM)
NeOak's Avatar

Originally Posted by Arksy

Is it easy for EU guys to log onto the US servers? From what it sounds like Frogster is doing a horrid job...

Download, log in, play.
Kaspanova
Junior Member
(04-26-2012, 04:54 PM)
Kaspanova's Avatar

Originally Posted by redfiend00

Because free is always better.

Pay
Regular fixes, updates and new stuff

Free
'When its done' fixes, paid for updates and new stuff

I believe the term with the cool kids is: shut up and take my money!!
Arksy
Member
(04-26-2012, 04:55 PM)
Arksy's Avatar
Also, is there a levelling zone guide anywhere? I remember getting to level 26 or so and had pretty much finished Arcadia (The zone with Lumbertown and the most recent place was celestial hills). My campaign quests said to go to Poporia(sp?) but i noticed the mobs were a bit high..especially when i was a bit ahead of the curve before I got there..
FINALBOSS
Banned
(04-26-2012, 05:03 PM)
FINALBOSS's Avatar

Originally Posted by FINALBOSS

I posted in the other Tera thread...but is anyone else having a problem with the buddy codes?


When I login to the launcher to download the game, it says Trial but that I have insufficient privileges. Is the head-start weekend download not up for Trial members or anything yet? I didn't pre-order or anything--was just gonna try out the weekend to see if it was any good.

No one? Come on now :(
ROBOKITTYZILLA
Member
(04-26-2012, 05:06 PM)
ROBOKITTYZILLA's Avatar

Originally Posted by Arksy

Also, is there a levelling zone guide anywhere? I remember getting to level 26 or so and had pretty much finished Arcadia (The zone with Lumbertown and the most recent place was celestial hills). My campaign quests said to go to Poporia(sp?) but i noticed the mobs were a bit high..especially when i was a bit ahead of the curve before I got there..

You probably want to do SB (instance) and Tuwangi Mire (talk to frog mounted Tuwangi in Lumbertown/Cresentia for quest and teleportation) before you go to Popolion.
redfiend00
Junior Member
(04-26-2012, 05:07 PM)
redfiend00's Avatar

Originally Posted by iRobotZombie

Pay
Regular fixes, updates and new stuff

Free
'When its done' fixes, paid for updates and new stuff

I believe the term with the cool kids is: shut up and take my money!!

So does that mean GW2 is doomed?
LiquidMetal14
hide your water-based mammals
(04-26-2012, 05:08 PM)
LiquidMetal14's Avatar
The game looks WAY better than I thought it would. I just don't have the money to allocate to a game like this. If it goes f2p or when my finances recover, I may give it a whirl.
DMPrince
Member
(04-26-2012, 05:09 PM)

Originally Posted by NeOak

Central but it's 3PM East.

so 2pm central
Cheeto
Member
(04-26-2012, 05:18 PM)
Cheeto's Avatar
I hate MMOs, but I love this game. Go figure
Vesper73
Member
(04-26-2012, 05:21 PM)
Vesper73's Avatar
Purchased the digital edition. Do I need to redownload the whole game, or is the patched open beta version the same thing?
Broadbandito
Member
(04-26-2012, 05:22 PM)
Broadbandito's Avatar
Im intrigued by 360 pad support. Anyone try the game with a 360 controller?
DMPrince
Member
(04-26-2012, 05:23 PM)

Originally Posted by Vesper73

Purchased the digital edition. Do I need to redownload the whole game, or is the patched open beta version the same thing?

just latest patch and you're good to go.
Vesper73
Member
(04-26-2012, 05:28 PM)
Vesper73's Avatar

Originally Posted by DMPrince

just latest patch and you're good to go.

Excellent!
Arksy
Member
(04-26-2012, 05:29 PM)
Arksy's Avatar

Originally Posted by ROBOKITTYZILLA

You probably want to do SB (instance) and Tuwangi Mire (talk to frog mounted Tuwangi in Lumbertown/Cresentia for quest and teleportation) before you go to Popolion.

Is Bastion of Lok SB? I've done it along with the entirety of Tuwangi Mire...I feel like I've missed an entire zone but I was 1-2 levels above the mobs in Celestial Hills...
Xiaoki
Member
(04-26-2012, 05:29 PM)

Originally Posted by Broadbandito

Im intrigued by 360 pad support. Anyone try the game with a 360 controller?

I play with a 360 controller on my Slayer.

There is some good and there is some bad.

Main bad being that the controller emulates kb/m controls. The left analog emulates WASD and the right analog emulates mouse.
The WASD emulation is bad and movement can be a bit awkward. The mouse emulation is really bad and navigating menus is impossible on a controller.

If you are a melee I would suggest trying out a controller(make sure you spend the time to change the buttons, the default layout is ass).

If you are a ranged/healer I would suggest forgetting about controller support.
redfiend00
Junior Member
(04-26-2012, 05:30 PM)
redfiend00's Avatar
How big is this game i'm downloading the early beta and its taking a long time?
Vesper73
Member
(04-26-2012, 05:30 PM)
Vesper73's Avatar

Originally Posted by Broadbandito

Im intrigued by 360 pad support. Anyone try the game with a 360 controller?

I'm going controller all the way! I loved using one in FFXI.

Thread Tools