• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The LEGO Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

I went to the Lego store yesterday and got an official postcard sized flyer of the May 4th event.

7123150601_ee79e9b8e1_z.jpg
7123149641_d7f34816ae_z.jpg

Wish we knew what sets were going on sale, money's going to be tight but I had a $78 order picked out, may need to adjust which could be a problem. Also I saw someone on the Eurobrick forums post pictures of that same card but the UK version, and their card additionally says that you get a free mini-tie fighter with the Lego Star Wars purchase as well.

Seanbob11

Wish we knew what sets were going on sale, money's going to be tight but I had a $78 order picked out, may need to adjust which could be a problem. Also I saw someone on the Eurobrick forums post pictures of that same card but the UK version, and their card additionally says that you get a free mini-tie fighter with the Lego Star Wars purchase as well.

Could you possibly link to that? I want to see how much I have to spend on the UK store :)

SmokyDave

The MegaBloks 911GT3 is reduced from £39.99 to £14.08 on Amazon (UK) at the moment. Any LEGO fan with a passing interest in cars ought to consider it. I'm thinking of ordering a second.

wetwired

Ok I've had a go at doing a face design for my ghosbusters, It's a lot harder than I thought to try and get a likeness of an actor across in lego form, I want you guys to see if you can figure out which one it is and more importantly if it captures their likeness and essence immediately and clearly. If you guys think it's not quite there yet I'm more than happy to go back to the drawing board, I only really get one shot once I print it out and apply it it so I want it nail it the first time.

head_venkman.jpg

Ok I've had a go at doing a face design for my ghosbusters, It's a lot harder than I thought to try and get a likeness of an actor across in lego form, I want you guys to see if you can figure out which one it is and more importantly if it captures their likeness and essence immediately and clearly. If you guys think it's not quite there yet I'm more than happy to go back to the drawing board, I only really get one shot once I print it out and apply it it so I want it nail it the first time.

head_venkman.jpg

Winston

XShagrath

I was going to say Stantz, but I know I'm wrong. I'm sure it's really hard to nail the faces and retain that mini-fig styling. As a head, I don't think you're ever going to really be able to tell who it's supposed to be, but attached to the right body, you can pull off the look you're going for.

Does this promotion happen in Lego stores as well (specifically Canadian ones) or is it online-only?

Edit: Why ask Gaf when you can just call the store like a normal person? Yes, it's in-store as well.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Cargo train is 30% off at amazon uk. I keep looking at that set every time I'm in the local toy shop. I know I really want the maersk, but this comes with all the remote control stuff and tracks..

Naka

May the Fourth rumor time!

UCS Super Star Destroyer: $320USD + free shipping (+ free TC-14)

Oh god... If that's true I may bite. I was just going to by the Echo Base or R2-D2 to get the figure but if its 20% off that's hard to pass up. I have a card that gets me 10% off as well, I wonder if they will stack that.

Oh god... If that's true I may bite. I was just going to by the Echo Base or R2-D2 to get the figure but if its 20% off that's hard to pass up. I have a card that gets me 10% off as well, I wonder if they will stack that.
Where do I get those discount cards? I have gotten nothing from VIP. But fuck that ssd deal is crazy. If only I had money. Well, I could use the plastic but I don't have a huge limit left. And it is for emergencies. Urgh. Too bad. Hope something crazy like that deal happens again.

Naka

Where do I get those discount cards? I have gotten nothing from VIP. But fuck that ssd deal is crazy. If only I had money. Well, I could use the plastic but I don't have a huge limit left. And it is for emergencies. Urgh. Too bad. Hope something crazy like that deal happens again.

My coworker has a season pass to LEGOland which gives him 10% off at any LEGO store. I typically use that. I also have a season pass to Disneyland which gives me 10% off only at the Downtown Disney store. So it pretty much boils down to our location and our theme park annual passes.

This is how it always begins.

May the Fourth rumor time!

UCS Super Star Destroyer: $320USD + free shipping (+ free TC-14)
It's not so much the money for me, it's finding the space for it. Even storing it in the box would require some work.

I mean, the money too, but that's quite a deal and would keep me busy for a long time.

Great deal on the Imperial Shuttle if true. If anyone has not gotten the set, it is probably the best looking display piece outside of Tower Bridge. Large, imposing, and damn fine. And with two different configurations (sexy wings down being the preference.)

And it is already very fairly priced, unlike the SSD. And the fact that this sale makes the SSD fairly priced and I am broke makes it hurt even more.

Are the TOR sets supposed to be available soon? As in, in time for the promo this week?

Think they are due in June

I am going to venture a guess and say that the new UCS R2D2 will NOT be discounted during this sale. If it is, that is more reasonably priced and I might be able to sling the plastic out for it. And redeem the VIP points I want to stockpile. But a big discount on that plus VIP would put it to around $100 or less for me. Which would be easy.

WBQJP.jpg

They need to remake this for 2013. The Boba Fett minifig ALONE is going for $350 on Bricklink.

WOW. I have a magnetic Boba Fett figure. Didn't know the older fig commanded that much.

Still say they could make an entire line of sets based around Cloud City. Cloud Cars, carbonite room, the place where Luke loses his hand, the hallways for the firefights, and the granddaddy of them all: an UCS model of Cloud City.

Take my money Lego!

Another set I purchased has a defective part. Alien Mothership sound brick doesn't work. I'd thought it was the batteries so I ordered new ones (couldn't find these particular ones out of the dozens of similar sized batteries at the store), but it still doesn't work.

So I think pretty much all the sets I've bought, besides the small ones, have had some defective part or sticker.

I know how much detail goes into these things so I don't mind. But it would make me hesitant to buy a "new" OOP set from a third party.

Oh ya and they've been for unusual parts, like my TIE had a piece of the wing that was misshapen and unusable, and pretty much all my SW sets had bent up sticker sheets with stickers that had come off or creased. Well, idk if the TIE piece was unusual but I never saw it in any other sets. And now the sound brick. I hope they don't see how many times I've contacted them recently and think I'm scamming them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom