Originally Posted by LiquidMetal14

!!!!!!!!!! I am deeply disappointing.

Deeply.

I agree!

Too easy.
ReaperXL7
(05-02-2012, 05:16 AM)

Originally Posted by outunderthestars

Someone would have to make a game for the Vita before they could attempt to localize it.

There are already a bunch of games released, or coming that don't have firm localization plans yet, so thats not really accurate.
Arklite
Shit..well, I guess I still haven't finished Tactics Ogre. Still, my PSP was so ready.
Macstorm

Ah, didn't know that. The xseed pr makes it sound like they were just too busy to do it...

Yeah, pretty sure it wasn't XSEED holding this one up.

Someone would have to make a game for the Vita before they could attempt to localize it.

Hahaha. Sad, but true-ish. That said, there are a few games out in Japan that could make it over...
Darknight
(05-02-2012, 05:17 AM)
Atlus to the rescue? At least get it in PSN please!
Aeana
Medal Princess

Originally Posted by LiquidMetal14

!!!!!!!!!! I am deeply disappointing.

Deeply.

Don't be so hard on yourself.
NeededSleep
Oh what the crap... i was seriously looking forward to this one on my Vita.

Really hope this gets picked up and i feel bad for Vanillaware i like their products. Guess they have hit hard times. :(
Sad_Panda
(05-02-2012, 05:18 AM)
Bummer, but kinda expected. TiTS Second and Third Chapter cancellations should be next in line, can't see XSEED putting those out when the PSP is brain dead in the West.
Volcynika
(05-02-2012, 05:19 AM)

Originally Posted by Sad_Panda

Bummer, but kinda expected. TiTS Second and Third Chapter cancellations should be next in line, can't see XSEED putting those out when the PSP is brain dead in the West.

The wait for PC versions continues!
Hours Left

This was cancelled because of issues on Vanillaware's end, not because of XSEED. This shouldn't have any effect on the Trails series. (It actually might benefit it because now XSEED will have more people available to work on SC.)
Macstorm

Good luck if you're expecting them on PSP anymore. Seems like Steam will be the home for those if they happen.
x3r0123
(05-02-2012, 05:20 AM)

Originally Posted by ReaperXL07

If they were going to do those wouldent they have already though? It's my understanding that they have been out for quite some time in Japan, if XSeed can't get SC, and Third over here for whatever reason, the Vita game seems the next best starting point. Atleast this is my understand from others that are more familiar with the series.

The Legend of Heroes: Zero no Kiseki (Trails of Zero) is the direct sequel to The Legend of Heroes: Sora no Kiseki The 3rd and takes place several months after the events in that game.

^ and then ao is the sequel to zero and then there is nayuta in which these sequels are also on psp
Last edited by x3r0123; 05-02-2012 at 05:27 AM.
Anonymous Tipster
matmanx1
That's unfortunate but probably couldn't be helped. The fact that we are most definitely getting Dragon's Crown from Vanillaware does help to alleviate the pain somewhat, however.

I look forward to the rest of Xseed's 2012 lineup though. Those guys and gals have been on a roll lately.
SatelliteOfLove
Atlus wanna pick this up too kinda maybe sorta yeah?

Originally Posted by randomkid

well this is comically depressing

i mean, things weren't looking good, but it's kinda rare for a publisher to CANCEL a localization isn't it?

Originally Posted by x3r0123

they still have SC and Third to do so I doubt it

This just gives them more time to work on TitS translation! LETS POSITIVE oh fuck it.
DTJAAAAM
(05-02-2012, 05:21 AM)
Damn. Maybe Atlus will save us?!
Thores
(05-02-2012, 05:21 AM)
FUCK.

Saw this coming, doesn't make it sting any less.
RedSwirl
(05-02-2012, 05:22 AM)
So this is how the PSP ends...
Lain
Disappointing.
AleeN634
Aw man, it looked like a really good tactical rpg too.
Aeana
Medal Princess

Originally Posted by DTJAAAAM

Atlus is already taking a huge chance with Gungnir and Growlanser 4, and presumably Persona 2 EP on PSP. I don't think they'd be eager to jump in on another PSP game. Besides, if Vanillaware is indeed the holdup, then Atlus would be met with the same problem XSEED had.
LegatoB
(05-02-2012, 05:23 AM)

Originally Posted by DTJAAAAM

The problem isn't on XSEED's side as far as we know.
Rarutos
(05-02-2012, 05:25 AM)
So many tears. ;_;
Lucentto
(05-02-2012, 05:27 AM)
Is it true that some PSP games on PSN can't be played on the Vita? If so, what the fuck Sony.
Macstorm
(05-02-2012, 05:27 AM)

Originally Posted by LegatoB

The problem isn't on XSEED's side as far as we know.

Yeah, nothing's officially been said about the problem, as I don't think XSEED would bash VW in a press release, but stating that "development resources required to localize the game were not available" sounds like issues with the developer. That combined with Dragon's Crown changing hands, being delayed to 2013, and getting development help from Atlus/Index sure makes it seem like the problem lies on VW.
Enron
King of Twin-Tails
(05-02-2012, 05:28 AM)
Bring me the head of someone at xseed
KariOhki
(05-02-2012, 05:28 AM)
Damn. Hopefully with Atlus' help, Vanillaware can get through Dragon's Crown.

And we can get TitS on PC since I'm really not expecting a PSP/V release on those.
mjc
(05-02-2012, 05:29 AM)
FUCK

Guess its time to reallocate those resources to TitS SC. Do it.
B.K.
(05-02-2012, 05:30 AM)
It's not really surprising. When they announced it was delayed indefinitely, I expected it to be cancelled. "Indefinitely delay" is just PR doubletalk for canceled.
scy
(05-02-2012, 05:30 AM)
Until Amazon cancels my pre-order, I refuse this!
Quixzlizx
(05-02-2012, 05:31 AM)
This blows. At least Dragon's Crown is right around the cor...

This blows.
dili
(05-02-2012, 05:32 AM)
Blame Vanillaware and Dragons crown. Dragons crown better have the ability to cure cancer to make up for this loss.

This is terrible
Chromax
(05-02-2012, 05:33 AM)
Great news to wake up to... ;_;
ReaperXL7

Originally Posted by x3r0123

^ and then ao is the sequel to zero and then there is nayuta in which these sequels are also on psp

Ahh I was not aware, my first time with the series is Trails in the Sky, so i'm not as familiar as I would like to be with it yet.

Seems like it would be tough to localize all of them though since I would imagine games of this type would take awhile to localize. Where in the series would be the best place to pick up if they had to skip some installments?

It does not seem like XSeed is the type of company that has ulimited resources, so I would imagine they would have to be somewhat picky about what they pick up or don't.
B.K.

Originally Posted by scy

Until Amazon cancels my pre-order, I refuse this!

I thought Amazon canceled all preorders a few weeks ago?
Mattakuevan
(05-02-2012, 05:34 AM)
I kinda saw this coming.

Doesn't mean I'm any less sad about it D:
Macstorm

Originally Posted by B.K.

Nope, I still had mine. Don't now though.
entrydenied
The worst thing about this cancellation is that the translations are actually done may actually be done? Didn't Xseed or someone from Xseed say that they were done and just waiting for Vanillaware to respond their emails? for updates themselves? And they later said they were too busy with Dragon's Crown to do any programming for GKH?

EDIT: Did an edit because I couldn't find the exact post of article to support my assertion. However according to this http://www.siliconera.com/2012/02/08...ights-history/ and http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=217 Xseed was waiting for updates from Vanillaware themselves back when people were asking about the game.
Last edited by entrydenied; 05-02-2012 at 07:21 AM.
Ebris
(05-02-2012, 05:35 AM)
MidnightScott
Banned
(05-02-2012, 05:36 AM)
Guess if I ever get a PSP someday I would probably have to import this from Japan then.
Teknoman
Little Big NeoContra
(05-02-2012, 05:37 AM)

Originally Posted by entrydenied

The worst thing about this cancellation is that the translations are actually done. Didn't Xseed or someone from Xseed say that they were done and just waiting for Vanillaware to respond their emails? And they later said they were too busy with Dragon's Crown to do any programming for GKH?

Damn i hope someone picks it up. Atlus maybe? such an amazing looking game and the online mode sounded all kinds of addicting, not to mention the soundtrack.
encephalon
I let out an audible gasp upon reading the thread title.

Time to import. :(
madp
The Light of El Cantare
Dark days for people who mostly play localized fare.

This is freaking sad.
Last edited by madp; 05-02-2012 at 05:40 AM.
Dambrosi

Originally Posted by RedSwirl

So this is how the PSP ends...

...with rapturous indifference? :p

Never mind that, bring on the fan translation! Fans can do what VanillaWon't!
t26

that was dragon's crown
sixteen-bit
(05-02-2012, 05:38 AM)

You're thinking Dragon's Crown.
djplaeskool
(05-02-2012, 05:38 AM)

Originally Posted by Macstorm

Import friendly at all?

Somewhat. Once you get a handle on the flow, it's not so bad, but the game has its quirks.
entrydenied
(05-02-2012, 05:39 AM)

Originally Posted by Teknoman

Damn i hope someone picks it up. Atlus maybe? such an amazing looking game and the online mode sounded all kinds of addicting, not to mention the soundtrack.

The problem lies with Vanillaware because they can't provide the manpower to do coding for the translations. It does not matter who picks it put (unless that publisher can do the coding themselves).
Byronic Hero
(05-02-2012, 05:39 AM)
This is unnerving. This was one of the last games I was looking forward to for PSP.

Please don't happen to TiTS 2nd! Please don't happen to TiTS 2nd! Please don't happen to TiTS 2nd! Please don't happen to TiTS 2nd!