• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Feep
Second-hand Citizen
(05-02-2012, 12:52 AM)
Feep's Avatar

Originally Posted by InertiaXr

I have a couple questions about RAM usage and overhead:

1. Is there anything 'bad' about using 75-80%+ of my RAM most of the time, similar to how you always want 15% or more of your HD space free? I'm usually running 15-20 tabs of Chrome and Football Manager and am always around 75-78% RAM usage.

2. If so, is there any reason to not get 2 more 2GB sticks if I already have 2 2GB sticks, compared to getting 2 new 4GB sticks? I built my current computer right after Sandy Bridge came out and got this RAM, should I just spend $30 more and get 2 more 2GB sticks and fill out all 4 RAM slots or should I upgrade to 4GB sticks?

To my knowledge, Windows 7 attempts to utilize most of your RAM at all times, so commonly used programs open quicker. There's no point in RAM not being used.

Check the actual usage of your open programs, and if it's still getting close to 4 GB, go ahead and get more. But I don't think you'll need it, necessarily.
Rufus
Member
(05-02-2012, 12:56 AM)
Rufus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Feep

That's okay. I'll proceed with my original plan. = D Now where's that high-stock business card I was going to use to apply compound...

Eh, don't bother spreading it around. The cooler's going to be pressed down so hard it won't make a difference either way.
Feep
Second-hand Citizen
(05-02-2012, 12:57 AM)
Feep's Avatar
Goddammit. I got the wrong Samsung 830 SSD kit...this is the one that didn't come with a mounting bracket. This thing is the size of a credit card.

I wonder if Fry's will have one...?
HoosTrax
Member
(05-02-2012, 01:03 AM)
HoosTrax's Avatar

Originally Posted by Feep

Goddammit. I got the wrong Samsung 830 SSD kit...this is the one that didn't come with a mounting bracket. This thing is the size of a credit card.

I wonder if Fry's will have one...?

No one will see it anyway, just tape it to something or leave it on the bottom of the case, or on top of the optical drives :P.
faceless007
AAA ETHER
(05-02-2012, 01:04 AM)
So MicroCenter has the 2500K for $170 and the 3570K for $190 (if they ever get it back in stock). I'm really going back and forth whether the IB is worth the extra $20. Slightly better performance, lower power draw, PCIE 3.0...but worse overclocking and hotter. Argh, why do these decisions have to be so hard? Why can't Intel just make a single obviously best product dammit?
scogoth
Member
(05-02-2012, 01:07 AM)
scogoth's Avatar

Originally Posted by Smokey

can't find the asus 3d monitor anywhere :/

NCIX canada has lots of the 23 and 27in ones. Not sure if or how they transfer stock to the states but you could ask.
Feep
Second-hand Citizen
(05-02-2012, 01:08 AM)
Feep's Avatar

Originally Posted by HoosTrax

No one will see it anyway, just tape it to something or leave it on the bottom of the case, or on top of the optical drives :P.

Fry's has this for five bucks, and I live two minutes away. And they have candy bars too. I'll just go pick it up, if you think it'll work. = D
HoosTrax
Member
(05-02-2012, 01:18 AM)
HoosTrax's Avatar

Originally Posted by Feep

Fry's has this for five bucks, and I live two minutes away. And they have candy bars too. I'll just go pick it up, if you think it'll work. = D

Should be fine. I wish I had more brick and mortar stores near me. Just MicroCenter.
SwimmingwithChickenz
Banned
(05-02-2012, 01:28 AM)
Ugh...Do I connect my optical drive and HDD via Sata 3.0 or 6.0 connections to my motherboard? Its not saying which is which and what I should connect to in the instructions. First time PC builder here. Need help guys.
Last edited by SwimmingwithChickenz; 05-02-2012 at 01:30 AM.
greenry
Member
(05-02-2012, 01:49 AM)
greenry's Avatar

Originally Posted by SwimmingwithChickenz

Ugh...Do I connect my optical drive and HDD via Sata 3.0 or 6.0 connections to my motherboard? Its not saying which is which and what I should connect to in the instructions. First time PC builder here. Need help guys.

HDD/SSDs into the Sata 6Gb/s and the Optical Drive into the 3Gb/s - is what I have always done.
SwimmingwithChickenz
Banned
(05-02-2012, 01:51 AM)
Thank you very much!
scottXplosion
Junior Member
(05-02-2012, 02:32 AM)
scottXplosion's Avatar

Originally Posted by mkenyon

I like big heavy wood desks. For those wanting something a bit more modern yet well (partially) made, I hear constant rave reviews about the Ikea Galant, seems to be a special favorite over at OCN.

I've had that desk (black top) for about 3 years now and love it!

Here's a pic from a few months ago (excuse the mess) with 2- 24" monitors on it.

jackpottest
Junior Member
(05-02-2012, 02:50 AM)
jackpottest's Avatar
Thanks again guys.

You have won me over on Intel. Maybe AMD will catch up one day, but for now, I am definitely going with the second build (i5 2500K).

A couple of final questions...

I am confused when it comes to the motherboard. In the build I had chosen the ASUS P8Z68-V LX.

But I was checking out the LE and also the P8P67 Deluxe, and I couldn't figure any major differences...just number of USB ports on each mobo. Does it really matter which I pick? The LE and LX are basically the same price, but the P8P67 Deluxe is like $80 more.

I also have an X-fi Xtremegamer sound card. Should I use that in my new build, or just go with onboard sound?

And lastly, should I get the 212 cooler or just stick with stock. Never used a non-stock one before and haven't had an issue, but if this is a better idea I'll go for it.

Ordering once I work out these last few things! Excited.
SwimmingwithChickenz
Banned
(05-02-2012, 02:59 AM)
Another question. I'm about to turn on my new PC build for the first time. Do I need to disable the onboard vid port via BIOS or Windows 7 so my graphics card will be the primary video and graphics source? My motherboard is a ASUS P8Z68-V LX Intel Z68 Express Motherboard and my graphics card is a GTX 560. Thanks.
Hazaro
relies on auto-aim
(05-02-2012, 03:02 AM)
Hazaro's Avatar

Originally Posted by jackpottest

Thanks again guys.

You have won me over on Intel. Maybe AMD will catch up one day, but for now, I am definitely going with the second build (i5 2500K).

A couple of final questions...

I am confused when it comes to the motherboard. In the build I had chosen the ASUS P8Z68-V LX.

But I was checking out the LE and also the P8P67 Deluxe, and I couldn't figure any major differences...just number of USB ports on each mobo. Does it really matter which I pick? The LE and LX are basically the same price, but the P8P67 Deluxe is like $80 more.

I also have an X-fi Xtremegamer sound card. Should I use that in my new build, or just go with onboard sound?

And lastly, should I get the 212 cooler or just stick with stock. Never used a non-stock one before and haven't had an issue, but if this is a better idea I'll go for it.

Ordering once I work out these last few things! Excited.

More $ = power regs/VRM to give CPU better voltage = longer sustained and better overclock
Also can mean more USB 3.0 or eSATA, etc. stuff like that.

LX or LE are more than enough for most users.

Originally Posted by SwimmingwithChickenz

Another question. I'm about to turn on my new PC build for the first time. Do I need to disable the onboard vid port via BIOS or Windows 7 so my graphics card will be the primary video and graphics source? My motherboard is a ASUS P8Z68-V LX Intel Z68 Express Motherboard and my graphics card is a GTX 560. Thanks.

It'll auto detect and send to GPU if a GPU is in.

Originally Posted by SwimmingwithChickenz

Ugh...Do I connect my optical drive and HDD via Sata 3.0 or 6.0 connections to my motherboard? Its not saying which is which and what I should connect to in the instructions. First time PC builder here. Need help guys.

Doesn't matter. Sata 6gbps only matters for SSDs so save your ports for that. If you run out of 3gbps you can use either.
Last edited by Hazaro; 05-02-2012 at 03:09 AM.
SwimmingwithChickenz
Banned
(05-02-2012, 03:05 AM)
Thank you sir! Much appreciated.
misterF
Junior Member
(05-02-2012, 03:28 AM)
misterF's Avatar
Need advice on SSDs! As posted on the last page, I'm hesitating between the OCZ Vertex3 or Intel 520, both 60gb.
MatthewB92
Member
(05-02-2012, 03:32 AM)
MatthewB92's Avatar
What would be the best thing to use to cut a case? Stupid case has a built in motherboard O/I shield >.<
Hazaro
relies on auto-aim
(05-02-2012, 03:34 AM)
Hazaro's Avatar

Originally Posted by misterF

Need advice on SSDs! As posted on the last page, I'm hesitating between the OCZ Vertex3 or Intel 520, both 60gb.

Reliability: M4 or 830
Speed: Intel 520 or Corsair Force GT

Originally Posted by MatthewB92

What would be the best thing to use to cut a case? Stupid case has a built in motherboard O/I shield >.<

Dremels are popular.
TheExodu5
(05-02-2012, 04:41 AM)
TheExodu5's Avatar
Ordered the Lian-Li V700 last week. Can't wait to get it! I'll be glad to be rid of my hulking HAF X. It was a nice case and all, and great to work with, but it was just too damned big. Bringing it to LANs really sucked.

Not exactly the styling I was looking for (was hoping for something like the Silverstone FT01), but the build quality and small form factor will more than make up for it.

I went windowless. Seems like it will be just too much of a pain to make cables look neat in that case. There's also the issue where my AX850 label will be upside down in there.
Yusaku
Member
(05-02-2012, 04:43 AM)
Yusaku's Avatar
Advice on gaming mics/headsets? I'm deaf in my right ear so I really don't care about crazy 7.1 surround crap because I'm just going to play on mono. But I want something comfortable and with a mic.
_Isaac
Member
(05-02-2012, 04:57 AM)
_Isaac's Avatar
So I finally have an okay-paying job, so I get to build myself a computer finally. I primarily want the machine for gaming and possibly development. This will be my first time, so I'm pretty nervous about it. How should I start? I was reading through the OP and looking at some of the videos. I was looking at something similar to the $935 build or the $1340 build or something in between, but I don't want to feel like I'm straight up copying, and I don't know if that tech is old as hell now since the OP was posted way back in December. How do you even know if parts will work alright together? There's so much to choose from.
TheExodu5
(05-02-2012, 05:04 AM)
TheExodu5's Avatar
If that's your price range it might be worth waiting a week or two for the GTX 670. Might be a perfect candidate for a GPU that would fit a build in your price range.
Feep
Second-hand Citizen
(05-02-2012, 05:19 AM)
Feep's Avatar
Almost there, but...

My last mobo had a 3-pin fan connector at the very lower corner, which was great, because my case's front fan has a stupidly short connector. Luck was not so kind this time around, and there's no way the cable reaches.

1) The fan is directly in front of the two drives, one HDD, one SSD. Is this fan super necessary?
2) Is there a molex-to-3-pin adapter I can buy?
3) Can a 3-pin fan connector go into a 4-pin fan connector? This board has three 4-pins and only one 3-pin, which is weird. = (
Takuan
About to pop the question. Congratulate this poster on his impending engagement!
(05-02-2012, 05:19 AM)
Takuan's Avatar
Alright, so I'm still getting temps in the high 30s while idle on an i2500K @ 4.5GHz w/a CM 212+ heatsink. This is after re-applying thermal paste using the spread method, applying a thin layer on the CPU and cleaning off old paste on the heatpad, and I think my temperatures are actually higher across the board. They max at around 80 running Prime95's Blend test, with a variance of as high as 9 degrees from one core to another, so I'm guessing I didn't do a good job spreading the stuff. It's a total bitch to get it spread evenly! Maybe I'll ditch the Arctic Alumina and buy some MX-4 compound.

On the bright side, the machine seems quite stable. I'm planning on leaving it running all day tomorrow. Hope I don't come home to a burning apartment. :lol
Hazaro
relies on auto-aim
(05-02-2012, 05:20 AM)
Hazaro's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheExodu5

If that's your price range it might be worth waiting a week or two for the GTX 670. Might be a perfect candidate for a GPU that would fit a build in your price range.

Agreed. I'll be updating builds as well.

Originally Posted by Feep

Almost there, but...

My last mobo had a 3-pin fan connector at the very lower corner, which was great, because my case's front fan has a stupidly short connector. Luck was not so kind this time around, and there's no way the cable reaches.

1) The fan is directly in front of the two drives, one HDD, one SSD. Is this fan super necessary?
2) Is there a molex-to-3-pin adapter I can buy?
3) Can a 3-pin fan connector go into a 4-pin fan connector? This board has three 4-pins and only one 3-pin, which is weird. = (

1) It helps with temps which is nice. I'd consider it important.
2) Yes
3) Yes

Originally Posted by Takuan

Alright, so I'm still getting temps in the high 30s while idle on an i2500K @ 4.5GHz w/a CM 212+ heatsink. This is after re-applying thermal paste using the spread method, applying a thin layer on the CPU and cleaning off old paste on the heatpad, and I think my temperatures are actually higher across the board. They max at around 80 running Prime95's Blend test, with a variance of as high as 9 degrees from one core to another, so I'm guessing I didn't do a good job spreading the stuff. It's a total bitch to get it spread evenly! Maybe I'll ditch the Arctic Alumina and buy some MX-4 compound.

On the bright side, the machine seems quite stable. I'm planning on leaving it running all day tomorrow. Hope I don't come home to a burning apartment. :lol

Don't fret about idle or load temp differences on cores. The thermal sensor is crap.
What's your voltage? Lower it if possible. Usually 4.4-4.5 it ramps up a lot on what you need.
Takuan
About to pop the question. Congratulate this poster on his impending engagement!
(05-02-2012, 05:27 AM)
Takuan's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hazaro

Don't fret about idle or load temp differences on cores. The thermal sensor is crap. What's your voltage? Lower it if possible. Usually 4.4-4.5 it ramps up a lot on what you need.

Voltage is default (I think 1.1xx). I didn't touch it at all. It varies though, depending on what my PC is doing. I notice when I'm starting up, the temperatures reported in RealTemp go all over the place.
_Isaac
Member
(05-02-2012, 05:28 AM)
_Isaac's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheExodu5

If that's your price range it might be worth waiting a week or two for the GTX 670. Might be a perfect candidate for a GPU that would fit a build in your price range.

What is that? Video card? How much is it going to cost?
Hazaro
relies on auto-aim
(05-02-2012, 05:31 AM)
Hazaro's Avatar

Originally Posted by Takuan

Voltage is default (I think 1.1xx). I didn't touch it at all. It varies though, depending on what my PC is doing. I notice when I'm starting up, the temperatures reported in RealTemp go all over the place.

1.10 is 'auto' at idle. Check it again under load using CPU-Z.

Originally Posted by _Isaac

What is that? Video card? How much is it going to cost?

Video card. Probably $350-$400 USD
ParityBit
Member
(05-02-2012, 05:44 AM)
ParityBit's Avatar
Hey guys. I have an issue with my build tonight. I have a h100 and corsair vengeance RAM with fins. Mwhen it try to put the radiator and fans into the case (nzxt phantom) there is not enough room so it does not fit! I have no idea what to do.

Anyone have this happen or an idea for what I should do?
Hazaro
relies on auto-aim
(05-02-2012, 06:01 AM)
Hazaro's Avatar

Originally Posted by ParityBit

Hey guys. I have an issue with my build tonight. I have a h100 and corsair vengeance RAM with fins. Mwhen it try to put the radiator and fans into the case (nzxt phantom) there is not enough room so it does not fit! I have no idea what to do.

Anyone have this happen or an idea for what I should do?

Are there tiny screws on top of the fins?
This is a main reason I only recommend low profile heatspreaders.
Takuan
About to pop the question. Congratulate this poster on his impending engagement!
(05-02-2012, 06:04 AM)
Takuan's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hazaro

1.10 is 'auto' at idle. Check it again under load using CPU-Z.

1.336@load.

Edit: Just saw 1.344.

If it helps at all, when the CPU isn't doing anything it's at ~1.02. Do I have some sort of variable setting enabled in the BIOS, or is this a Sandybridge feature?

Edit 2: HWINFO tells me my min VID for all cores is 1.001V, max 1.371V.
Last edited by Takuan; 05-02-2012 at 06:19 AM.
Lkr
Member
(05-02-2012, 06:19 AM)
any reputable prebuilt companies you guys would recommend? my cousin wants a new computer to play diablo 3 and he isn't very good with computers and has no interest in building one, but wants me to recommend one to him. he wants a graphics card that won't be outdated in 2 years(i don't think it is possible to explain that graphics cards are technically already outdated lol) but i have no idea what to recommend since he refuses to build
ParityBit
Member
(05-02-2012, 06:21 AM)
ParityBit's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hazaro

Are there tiny screws on top of the fins?
This is a main reason I only recommend low profile heatspreaders.

No. Which sucks. I ended up bending the mounting brackets from the case. The fans on the radiator barely rests on the ram fins. I think it's ok, but if I have to remove the ram I will have to pull out the radiator.

I hope this thing posts when I finish tomorrow!
TheThunder
Member
(05-02-2012, 07:16 AM)
TheThunder's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hazaro

Are there tiny screws on top of the fins?
This is a main reason I only recommend low profile heatspreaders.

So, should I still get the Ripjaws X or should I switch to the low profile Ares (using the hyper 212 evo btw) ?

This guy seems to be cutting it really close with the ripjaws + 212evo
faceless007
AAA ETHER
(05-02-2012, 07:16 AM)
Anyone have recommendations for a CPU heatsink that's not the Cooler Master Hyper 212? Seems like on a P8Z77 it blocks one of the RAM slots.

Hey, kinda like in that video.
what_rhythm
Junior Member
(05-02-2012, 07:19 AM)
what_rhythm's Avatar
I'm currently saving up money for a build, and I originally planned to buy everything at the same time this Summer, after the 660 Ti is released:

3570k
ASRock Z77 Extreme4
GTX 660 Ti
Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB or 2x8GB)
Intel 330 120GB or Crucial M4 128GB
ASUS BC-12B1ST Bluray
XFX PRO550W
Corsair 650D

Microcenter's deal for $60 off a 3570k right now makes me want to pull the trigger early and buy a CPU now just so I can save $60.

Do deals like this come around often enough for me to pass on this one?

Is it better to wait just in case a new stepping to comes out?
Hawk269
Member
(05-02-2012, 07:27 AM)
Hawk269's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lkr

any reputable prebuilt companies you guys would recommend? my cousin wants a new computer to play diablo 3 and he isn't very good with computers and has no interest in building one, but wants me to recommend one to him. he wants a graphics card that won't be outdated in 2 years(i don't think it is possible to explain that graphics cards are technically already outdated lol) but i have no idea what to recommend since he refuses to build

Here is a pretty good looking pre-built rig on Newegg...It has a Ivy 3770k and a 680 so he would be getting cutting edge as it stands today. Be better to build it himself or have you build it, but if he wants a pre-built this one does not look too bad.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16883227417
Hazaro
relies on auto-aim
(05-02-2012, 07:39 AM)
Hazaro's Avatar
Finished the new build sheet for Ivy. Hopefully last update for a while after GTX670 comes out.
Let me know any errors / part suggestions. I think I did pretty good this go around. I added and changed a lot of wording as well.

Originally Posted by Takuan

1.336@load.

Edit: Just saw 1.344.

If it helps at all, when the CPU isn't doing anything it's at ~1.02. Do I have some sort of variable setting enabled in the BIOS, or is this a Sandybridge feature?

Edit 2: HWINFO tells me my min VID for all cores is 1.001V, max 1.371V.

You should be able to sneak in 4.5 or 4.4 at 1.30V load
You are currently on auto and offset mode. Change offset mode to -0.035V and see if you are stable.

Originally Posted by Lkr

any reputable prebuilt companies you guys would recommend? my cousin wants a new computer to play diablo 3 and he isn't very good with computers and has no interest in building one, but wants me to recommend one to him. he wants a graphics card that won't be outdated in 2 years(i don't think it is possible to explain that graphics cards are technically already outdated lol) but i have no idea what to recommend since he refuses to build

Check the OP, but I don't have anything offhand. You should fill out the op sheet and give a budget.
And with how GPU speed is going I wouldn't worry at all about being outdated.

Originally Posted by ParityBit

No. Which sucks. I ended up bending the mounting brackets from the case. The fans on the radiator barely rests on the ram fins. I think it's ok, but if I have to remove the ram I will have to pull out the radiator.

I hope this thing posts when I finish tomorrow!

Just take the heatspreaders off then. No harm done.

Originally Posted by TheThunder

So, should I still get the Ripjaws X or should I switch to the low profile Ares (using the hyper 212 evo btw) ?

This guy seems to be cutting it really close with the ripjaws + 212evo

Low profile ares or vengeance is good. I'm updating the build sheet now.

Originally Posted by faceless007

Anyone have recommendations for a CPU heatsink that's not the Cooler Master Hyper 212? Seems like on a P8Z77 it blocks one of the RAM slots.

Hey, kinda like in that video.

I think you can just raise the 120mm fan up, but the 4 people I've asked have not responded to me on that. If it's like the video don't worry about it, I would have heard something by now.

Originally Posted by what_rhythm

I'm currently saving up money for a build, and I originally planned to buy everything at the same time this Summer, after the 660 Ti is released:

3570k
ASRock Z77 Extreme4
GTX 660 Ti
Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB or 2x8GB)
Intel 330 120GB or Crucial M4 128GB
ASUS BC-12B1ST Bluray
XFX PRO550W
Corsair 650D

Microcenter's deal for $60 off a 3570k right now makes me want to pull the trigger early and buy a CPU now just so I can save $60.

Do deals like this come around often enough for me to pass on this one?

Is it better to wait just in case a new stepping to comes out?

Nab the CPU from MC, look at the Biostar TZ77XE3 right now, or that ASrock for your mobo.
Look for sales on everything else while you wait for GTX660.
Last edited by Hazaro; 05-02-2012 at 09:44 AM.
Feep
Second-hand Citizen
(05-02-2012, 09:50 AM)
Feep's Avatar
Posting from my screaming fast new build.

This is my first rig with an SSD, and holy shit. Ended up grabbing a something something 212 aftermarket fan at Fry's 'cuz it was thirty bucks, and I'll overclock to 4.4GHz tomorrow, but...damn. Windows Experience Index is 7.7, which is fun. = D

Also the first time I've built a rig and everything worked perfectly on the first try. Yay!

Stealth edit: Oh, yeah, I got the CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Plus. Fits on the P8Z77 no problem.
brotkasten
A bitter, cynical, safe moist as dude
(05-02-2012, 09:55 AM)
brotkasten's Avatar

Originally Posted by Feep

Posting from my screaming fast new build.

This is my first rig with an SSD, and holy shit. Ended up grabbing a something something 212 aftermarket fan at Fry's 'cuz it was thirty bucks, and I'll overclock to 4.4GHz tomorrow, but...damn. Windows Experience Index is 7.7, which is fun. = D

Also the first time I've built a rig and everything worked perfectly on the first try. Yay!

Stealth edit: Oh, yeah, I got the CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Plus. Fits on the P8Z77 no problem.

Congrats, Feep! I hope your rig can run your game with no problems now. :lol

My parts should ship today. I honestly can't wait to get them. Knowing me, it will probably run maked on my desk for a week, before I start with the mod. I guess I should've prepared the PowerMac case in advance, oh well.
Hazaro
relies on auto-aim
(05-02-2012, 10:06 AM)
Hazaro's Avatar

Originally Posted by Feep

Posting from my screaming fast new build.

This is my first rig with an SSD, and holy shit. Ended up grabbing a something something 212 aftermarket fan at Fry's 'cuz it was thirty bucks, and I'll overclock to 4.4GHz tomorrow, but...damn. Windows Experience Index is 7.7, which is fun. = D

Also the first time I've built a rig and everything worked perfectly on the first try. Yay!

Stealth edit: Oh, yeah, I got the CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Plus. Fits on the P8Z77 no problem.

:)
Stay under 1.15V load and you should get to 4.4Ghz ok with decent temps.

*Did you finish it near 1am? I usually finish mine 1-4am because that's when the magic happens.
Make sure you use ninite to restock your programs.
Last edited by Hazaro; 05-02-2012 at 10:17 AM.
Feep
Second-hand Citizen
(05-02-2012, 10:26 AM)
Feep's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hazaro

:)
Stay under 1.15V load and you should get to 4.4Ghz ok with decent temps.

*Did you finish it near 1am? I usually finish mine 1-4am because that's when the magic happens.
Make sure you use ninite to restock your programs.

I totally already used Ninite. I love that thing. And yes, around 12:30 AM for me. = D

I'll work with 1.15V, thanks. I'm a little underexperienced with overclocking, but apparently 4.4 GHz with a good fan shouldn't cause too many problems.
misterF
Junior Member
(05-02-2012, 11:18 AM)
misterF's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hazaro

Reliability: M4 or 830
Speed: Intel 520 or Corsair Force GT

Thanks a lot! Will update when the PC is ready!
LordAlu
Member
(05-02-2012, 11:24 AM)
LordAlu's Avatar
Is there such a thing as an Asus P8Z77-V LK? It's listed on the new build sheet but the nearest I can find is the Asus P8Z77-V LX?
Last edited by LordAlu; 05-02-2012 at 11:27 AM.
Hazaro
relies on auto-aim
(05-02-2012, 11:34 AM)
Hazaro's Avatar

Originally Posted by LordAlu

Is there such a thing as an Asus P8Z77-V LK? It's listed on the new build sheet but the nearest I can find is the Asus P8Z77-V LX?

http://usa.asus.com/Motherboards/Int...1155/Intel_Z77
http://event.asus.com/2012/mb/Z77_All_Series/

Yeah. It's even crazier when the LK has proper PCI-E lanes and the more expensive LE doesn't. They need to get their stuff together.
LordAlu
Member
(05-02-2012, 12:03 PM)
LordAlu's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hazaro

http://usa.asus.com/Motherboards/Int...1155/Intel_Z77
http://event.asus.com/2012/mb/Z77_All_Series/

Yeah. It's even crazier when the LK has proper PCI-E lanes and the more expensive LE doesn't. They need to get their stuff together.

Weird, it doesn't seem to be available in the UK. CCL, Scan, Overclockers and eBuyer list the LX and LE, but not the LK. Hmmmm...
Karmum
Banned
(05-02-2012, 12:28 PM)
Karmum's Avatar
Dunno if it's been posted, but both the i5-2500K ($219.99) and i5-2500 ($209.99) are $15 off from NewEgg with EMCNENJ23 for the 2500K and EMCNFHD32 for the 2500.

Almost $200 (before tax and/or shipping) for the 2500K isn't too bad, but still doesn't beat getting it from Microcenter for like $180. That was awesome. :p
HoosTrax
Member
(05-02-2012, 12:34 PM)
HoosTrax's Avatar

Originally Posted by Feep

3) Can a 3-pin fan connector go into a 4-pin fan connector? This board has three 4-pins and only one 3-pin, which is weird. = (

Yes. The 4th pin is only for PWM (RPM management according to temps), so other than the fan running at full tilt constantly, it'll be fine.
Refreshment.01
Member
(05-02-2012, 12:57 PM)
Refreshment.01's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheExodu5

If that's your price range it might be worth waiting a week or two for the GTX 670. Might be a perfect candidate for a GPU that would fit a build in your price range.

Next week, when was this announced Exo?

Thread Tools