• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

kallisto76
Member
(05-02-2012, 03:51 PM)
kallisto76's Avatar
Source: http://www.vg247.com/2012/05/02/tria...ystation-vita/

Trials-like Urban Trials coming to PlayStation Vita



Tate Interactive has unveiled Urban Trials, a game similar in vein to – hold it – RedLynx’s Trials games. The racer will feature a Trials motorbike with advanced physics model, as well as the abilities to challenge ghost times of your friends, customise your bike and more. 20 in-game levels will be included, as will the ability to take in-game screens and share them.

EG has more details.

Let's hope it's good!
yencid
Member
(05-02-2012, 03:52 PM)
yencid's Avatar
Unveiled? This game has been known about since the vita launch.
DieH@rd
Member
(05-02-2012, 03:52 PM)
DieH@rd's Avatar
5 months old trailer for this game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrVOHqgSNW4

Looks great.
SmokyDave
His head smashed in and his heart cut out and his liver removed and his bowels unplugged and his nostrils raped and his bottom burned off and his penis...
(05-02-2012, 03:55 PM)
SmokyDave's Avatar
Yeah, I'm really looking forward to this. It's a blatant clone but given that the original will never appear, I'm OK with that.
kallisto76
Member
(05-02-2012, 03:57 PM)
kallisto76's Avatar

Originally Posted by yencid

Unveiled? This game has been known about since the vita launch.

Sorry, didn't know it had been already announced.
Famassu
(05-02-2012, 04:05 PM)
Famassu's Avatar

Originally Posted by SmokyDave

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to this. It's a blatant clone but given that the original will never appear, I'm OK with that.

Well, Trials is like Across & Elasto Mania.
atomsk
Party Pooper
(05-02-2012, 04:05 PM)
atomsk's Avatar
From the developers of...
Tailer
Junior Member
(05-02-2012, 04:08 PM)
Tailer's Avatar
Three of the most important things for me is 1. Physics 2. Level editor 3. Sharing levels.
I will probably still buy it if it has good physics but only for a cheaper price if that's the case.
hearsaybear
Member
(05-02-2012, 04:11 PM)
hearsaybear's Avatar
This is a pretty glaring trademark infringement or at least dilution. What is this published by gameloft?
Ch Totoro
Member
(05-02-2012, 04:23 PM)
Ch Totoro's Avatar
Since there is no Trials Evolution on any of the PS Systems I'll probably give it a try.

But god I would be so happy to have the RedLynx game on my system. I had a 360 and I sold it a few month ago but one of the only game I was playing almsot every day was Trials HD.

So please be good even if not as good as Trials HD / Evolution.
hearsaybear
Member
(05-02-2012, 04:25 PM)
hearsaybear's Avatar
How would this work without analog triggers? Seems integral at this point. How did the old PC version of trials work?
BHK3
Member
(05-02-2012, 04:26 PM)
BHK3's Avatar

Originally Posted by hearsaybear

This is a pretty glaring trademark infringement or at least dilution. What is this published by gameloft?

the company on 360 can't own the word trials which is what this kind of sport is called.
Air Zombie Meat
Member
(05-02-2012, 04:28 PM)
Air Zombie Meat's Avatar

Originally Posted by hearsaybear

How would this work without analog triggers? Seems integral at this point. How did the old PC version of trials work?

Keyboard controls only.
hearsaybear
Member
(05-02-2012, 04:33 PM)
hearsaybear's Avatar

Originally Posted by BHK3

the company on 360 can't own the word trials which is what this kind of sport is called.

There is still a super high likelihood of confusion though. Given that red lynx has multiple two word games including the trials names and given the fact that the actual gameplay looks identical. Even if red lynx disclaimed trials alone the title itself is still very close. Just saying they should probably try to distance the name a bit more than they have given they have basically copied the gameplay...

If I looked at the video and saw the name of the game without reading anything else I would honestly think this was a red lynx joint.

Edit: Is the sport actually called just trials? I always thought it was motorcycle trials, bicycle trials, etc.
mocoworm
ignore my opinion
on everything ever
(05-02-2012, 04:42 PM)
mocoworm's Avatar

Originally Posted by hearsaybear

There is still a super high likelihood of confusion though. Given that red lynx has multiple two word games including the trials names and given the fact that the actual gameplay looks identical. Even if red lynx disclaimed trials alone the title itself is still very close. Just saying they should probably try to distance the name a bit more than they have given they have basically copied the gameplay...

If I looked at the video and saw the name of the game without reading anything else I would honestly think this was a red lynx joint.

Edit: Is the sport actually called just trials? I always thought it was motorcycle trials, bicycle trials, etc.


Don't worry about it.
shinnn
Banned
(05-02-2012, 04:44 PM)
shinnn's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ch Totoro

Since there is no Trials Evolution on any of the PS Systems I'll probably give it a try.

But god I would be so happy to have the RedLynx game on my system. I had a 360 and I sold it a few month ago but one of the only game I was playing almsot every day was Trials HD.

So please be good even if not as good as Trials HD / Evolution.

Curious. Why sell a console that you are playing every day? And sell when the game sequel you most play is about to release.
levious
That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
(05-02-2012, 04:53 PM)

Originally Posted by hearsaybear

How would this work without analog triggers? Seems integral at this point. How did the old PC version of trials work?


Tapping the button, pc version of the trials game only used the directional buttons/arrow keys if I remember right.
hearsaybear
Member
(05-02-2012, 04:54 PM)
hearsaybear's Avatar
I'll believe it when I see it. The last game they did was My Horse and Me 2...
Fabrik
Banned
(05-02-2012, 04:56 PM)
I smell vaporware.
Kyoufu
(05-02-2012, 04:59 PM)
Kyoufu's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fabrik

I smell vaporware.

You mean shovelware? The trailer is pretty bad.
test_account
XP-39C
(05-02-2012, 05:03 PM)
test_account's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kyoufu

You mean shovelware? The trailer is pretty bad.

Is there a trailer that shows gameplay? I've only seen the CGI one (debute trailer). I see that eurogamer has some screen shots, but i havnt seen the game in motion.
kallisto76
Member
(05-02-2012, 06:47 PM)
kallisto76's Avatar
screens:

















SLEEPS7ALK3R
Banned
(05-02-2012, 06:52 PM)
SLEEPS7ALK3R's Avatar
DAT SHIT LOOK GUD.

Seriously. Puts other Vita games to shame.
Double D
Member
(05-02-2012, 06:56 PM)
Double D's Avatar
When can I purchase this?
Carcetti
Member
(05-02-2012, 06:58 PM)
Carcetti's Avatar
Who's making it? Gameloft?
B_Rik_Schitthaus
Banned
(05-02-2012, 06:58 PM)
B_Rik_Schitthaus's Avatar

Originally Posted by SLEEPS7ALK3R

DAT SHIT LOOK GUD.

Seriously. Puts other Vita games to shame.

Really, that looks terrible to me.
Sho_Nuff82
Member
(05-02-2012, 07:00 PM)
Sho_Nuff82's Avatar
Pretty shameless, but if it's half as good as Trials it will be worth it.
Baconsammy
Banned
(05-02-2012, 07:01 PM)
Not interested. Especially considering I own Trials HD and Evolution already, and I know what I've done to controllers while playing those 2. Also the thought of using the Vita's triggers makes me cringe.
rhfb
Member
(05-02-2012, 07:03 PM)
rhfb's Avatar
Does RedLynx have some kind of exclusivity deal with Microsoft that would prevent them from publishing a trials game on the Vita?
D4Danger
Member
(05-02-2012, 07:03 PM)
D4Danger's Avatar

Originally Posted by atomsk

From the developers of...

I honeslty expected a link to Gameloft
la_briola
Member
(05-02-2012, 07:04 PM)
la_briola's Avatar

Originally Posted by SLEEPS7ALK3R

DAT SHIT LOOK GUD.

Seriously. Puts other Vita games to shame.

This looks like a PSP game.
bigtroyjon
Member
(05-02-2012, 07:05 PM)
lol, so Eurogamer writes an article after reading a GAF thread, and now other sites are running with Eurogamer's info.

Games journalism is so freaking bad.
mclaren777
Banned
(05-02-2012, 07:06 PM)
mclaren777's Avatar
Trials is one of the few Xbox 360 franchises that I wish I could play on the PS3, so maybe I can at least be happy that this game is releasing for Vita.

Either way, they're all rip-offs of the original king: Dirt Bike for the Mac

Nerfgun
Member
(05-02-2012, 07:09 PM)
Nerfgun's Avatar
Looks quite nice to me. I like the AR-style height markers, and it looks like it will have nice ghost support.

Got a bit of a Motorstorm vibe to the style of it, which isn't surprising I guess.
Suzzopher
Member
(05-02-2012, 07:09 PM)
Suzzopher's Avatar
Trials is perfect for Vita. So I am completely fine with this clone.
PigSpeakers
Member
(05-02-2012, 07:09 PM)
PigSpeakers's Avatar
FRESH.
Risk Breaker
Member
(05-02-2012, 08:20 PM)
Risk Breaker's Avatar

Originally Posted by la_briola

This looks like a PSP game.

Lend me your PSP bro.
yencid
Member
(05-02-2012, 11:58 PM)
yencid's Avatar
Had not seen those screen shots before. From now on every time someone posts vita screenshots im going to get on the browser and download them straight to my vita. they look great!
Flunkie
Member
(05-03-2012, 12:03 AM)
Flunkie's Avatar

Originally Posted by atomsk

From the developers of...

The Kao PSP game was fun.
XANDER CAGE
WELCOME TO THE XANDER ZONE
(05-03-2012, 12:10 AM)
XANDER CAGE's Avatar
Looks like Trials where you play as a juggalo. Still, if they can mimic the physics it'll be fun at least.
Stinkles
sober, clothed, willing
(05-03-2012, 12:13 AM)
Stinkles's Avatar

Originally Posted by SmokyDave

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to this. It's a blatant clone but given that the original will never appear, I'm OK with that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUmViPtuC1o
SmokyDave
His head smashed in and his heart cut out and his liver removed and his bowels unplugged and his nostrils raped and his bottom burned off and his penis...
(05-03-2012, 12:16 AM)
SmokyDave's Avatar

Originally Posted by Stinkles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUmViPtuC1o

I'm a C64 kid, I'm aware the genre predates Redlynx. Look at it though!

Bike Baron (iOS) was not a Trials clone whereas Xtreme Wheels (iOS) was.
KKRT00
Member
(05-03-2012, 12:28 AM)
KKRT00's Avatar

Originally Posted by Stinkles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUmViPtuC1o

I've personally grown up on this game http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRFjjosRpBQ
:)


And played this quite much years ago too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48Dz6Wtm1Go

That fucking Trials HD clones! ;)
Last edited by KKRT00; 05-03-2012 at 12:32 AM.
Ravensmash
Member
(05-03-2012, 12:38 AM)
Ravensmash's Avatar
I'm trying to work out how the controls would work on this...

Looks interesting though.
see5harp
Member
(05-03-2012, 12:42 AM)

Originally Posted by Ravensmash

I'm trying to work out how the controls would work on this...

Looks interesting though.

It'll have to use the right analog for throttle. That alone is a bit of a turnoff but if it's $10 or $15, I'm willing to give it a try. I wouldn't even want to play Trials on a PS3 controller.

Thread Tools