Originally Posted by Dax01
Will we be able to name our loadouts in Halo 4?
The only time I've ever wanted a custom game browser in a Halo game was in Reach, and that's only because I just want to play BOOM! Ball (because it's the best gametype ever and I don't like Reach's base gameplay).
What I don't get, is how can 343i's core rhetoric be about making Halo 4 being able to cater to a plethora of varied audiences when they feel they can go on and afford to miss out a feature which can single handedly allow them to do so more than any other feature out there.
In Halo, we have
- MLG Players
- Casual Players
- Clan Formers
- Mini Game Lovers
And so many more audiences, so surely 343i see the advantage of a system which allows every player to play what they want, when they want.
- Clans will be able to both form and recruit more easily as they can make games dedicated to doing so. The competitive scene will become more popular - Game quality will increase.
- Communities will be able to regulate themselves. The community will get stronger as well managed servers will become popular and in turn start getting regular visitors who become friends and start forming clans, which improves the competitive scene - Game quality will increase.
- Betrayers, trash talkers and general bad players will become exiled from good servers and the larger community, forcing them to comply with basic human decency if they want to play a good game. Halo will become more accessible to the wider audience they are supposedly
trying to encourage -Game quality will increase.
- Forgers will be able to share their maps more easily. Great custom maps will have a better chance of reaching the mass audience, the creative scene will become much larger - Game quality will increase.
- People will be able to play what they want, when they want. Whether it's Fat Kid, Griffball or Hockey. I miss being able to spend 24 hours in a repeating CTF game. If everyone could do this, there will be less quitting, games will be more stable - Game quality will increase.
- Voice chat will re-emerge as players will feel more comfortable in 'good' servers. Teamwork will naturally return to the standard Halo game -Game quality will increase.
There is no counter argument, there is no defence. Custom Game Browsing is an absolute necessity to the future of this IP.