• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

RoboPlato
I'd be in the dick
(05-06-2012, 12:29 AM)
RoboPlato's Avatar

Originally Posted by MMaRsu

Awwwwwww man WTFF it really sucks you cant carry two guns & a machinegun anymore!!! I mean in previous MP games you had a shitton of weapons always at your disposal..

This shit sucks :/

You can carry 2 single handed guns (a different one in each hand) and a long gun so it's not too bad.
Meccanical
Member
(05-06-2012, 12:30 AM)
Meccanical's Avatar

Originally Posted by MMaRsu

Awwwwwww man WTFF it really sucks you cant carry two guns & a machinegun anymore!!! I mean in previous MP games you had a shitton of weapons always at your disposal..

This shit sucks :/

Nah, this makes the game better.

Way more strategy involved, and besides, it looks cool throwing away guns and grabbing other guns.

See every John Woo film ever.
Sn4ke_911
If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
(05-06-2012, 12:33 AM)
Sn4ke_911's Avatar

Originally Posted by MMaRsu

Awwwwwww man WTFF it really sucks you cant carry two guns & a machinegun anymore!!! I mean in previous MP games you had a shitton of weapons always at your disposal..

This shit sucks :/

Dude, it's so much better now.

MMaRsu
I need some paprika. Official moneylender of the Coalition of Muslim Drug Dealers
(05-06-2012, 12:38 AM)
MMaRsu's Avatar
Yeah well I like magic pockets, even though this system is badass for when you see a shotgun on the floor, roll over it, grab it and shoot straight away.

I just really like having like a couple of Uzi's AND a couple of Desert Eagle's at my disposal whenever I need them.
SamuraiX-
Member
(05-06-2012, 02:37 AM)
SamuraiX-'s Avatar
I definitely welcome the new weapon system. You can call Max Payne an arcade shooter all you want, but limited carrying capacity will just add to the immersion for me. :)
keltickennedy
ah can't conversate
(05-06-2012, 02:37 AM)
keltickennedy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sn4ke_911

Dude, it's so much better now.

Agreed. unloading a full clip into a bunch of dudes, then dropping the rifle and pulling out your pistol and aiming down the sights is simply badass.
SafeinSound
Member
(05-06-2012, 02:39 AM)
SafeinSound's Avatar

Originally Posted by MMaRsu

Yeah well I like magic pockets, even though this system is badass for when you see a shotgun on the floor, roll over it, grab it and shoot straight away.

I just really like having like a couple of Uzi's AND a couple of Desert Eagle's at my disposal whenever I need them.

Seriously, the animations alone warrant it.
SketchTheArtist
Member
(05-06-2012, 02:46 AM)

Originally Posted by SafeinSound

Seriously, the animations alone warrant it.

Shit yeah.

I'm really happy about the hands-on where they said that even if you die multiple times, re-doing an area over and over again is still a blast. :D
Dany M
Member
(05-06-2012, 02:52 AM)
Dany M's Avatar
As someone who has only seen the multiplayer videos? How does bullit time actualyl work. It appears that it slows down time for you and your target but what about anyone else?
SketchTheArtist
Member
(05-06-2012, 02:56 AM)

Originally Posted by Dany M

As someone who has only seen the multiplayer videos? How does bullit time actualyl work. It appears that it slows down time for you and your target but what about anyone else?

If you're aiming at someone, that person or people in your field of view goes into bullet-time but the one of triggered it has the upper hand.
Net_Wrecker
(05-06-2012, 03:01 AM)
Net_Wrecker's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dany M

As someone who has only seen the multiplayer videos? How does bullit time actualyl work. It appears that it slows down time for you and your target but what about anyone else?

VVVVVVVV

Originally Posted by Net_Wrecker

If you activate bullet time, whoever you look at is in bullet time, and you have the advantage.

If anyone looks at either of you, that person is in bullet time.

If the 3rd person looks at anyone while in bullet time, or someone sees that 3rd person, that 4th person is also in bullet time.

On and on and on. If you can see bullet time, you're in bullet time, and anyone you look at or who sees you will be in bullet time.

Simo
Member
(05-06-2012, 03:07 AM)
Simo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Net_Wrecker

VVVVVVVV

As always this is a great diagram of it works in multiplayer:


Seriously can't wait to perform my first shoot-dodge out of a window 30 feet in the air and taking down fools in glorious slow motion in multiplayer.

9 days guys...
Dany M
Member
(05-06-2012, 03:13 AM)
Dany M's Avatar
Oh wow, so how often can it be activated? Speaking off the cuff, I'd imagine that the entire MP matches would be in bullet time, they appear fairly constrained and tight maps.
Fjordson
Member
(05-06-2012, 03:19 AM)
Fjordson's Avatar
It's a perk, so I'm sure there'll be some sort restriction with a cooldown or something.
Simo
Member
(05-06-2012, 03:19 AM)
Simo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dany M

Oh wow, so how often can it be activated? Speaking off the cuff, I'd imagine that the entire MP matches would be in bullet time, they appear fairly constrained and tight maps.

Bullet-Time is a "Burst" that you need Adrenaline to use. You have an Adrenaline bar which is made up of 3 bars=3 levels and the bars can only be charged with kills, looting your enemies corpses etc. The more kills you get the faster the bar charges up.

Since Bullet-Time is only 1 of multiple bursts not everybody is going to use it and can be avoided if you're caught in Bullet-Time - all you need to do is find cover and break the line of sight and you're fine. The new multiplayer video even shows that just because you may activate Bullet-Time doesn't mean you'll be invincible because the enemy may pop off a headshot quick enough to kill you or perform a Shoot-Dodge of their own and counter it.
SamuraiX-
Member
(05-06-2012, 03:21 AM)
SamuraiX-'s Avatar
Regardless of how solid that system sounds, I'm willing to bet people will find ways to abuse/glitch the shit out of it within the first week the game is released.
Gacha-pin
Member
(05-06-2012, 03:22 AM)
Gacha-pin's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dany M

Oh wow, so how often can it be activated? Speaking off the cuff, I'd imagine that the entire MP matches would be in bullet time, they appear fairly constrained and tight maps.

explained it here
http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/...rs-tv/153?ch=4
NotTheGuyYouKill
Member
(05-06-2012, 05:51 AM)
NotTheGuyYouKill's Avatar

Originally Posted by Simo

So I just got a OT banner from Rockstar. If NotTheGuyYouKill doesn't use it then I'll post it....though maybe if we bug him enough he'll give us a peek at the OT!

Staggering to my worn computer, I was a Photo Manipulation Ninja. My Photoshop Kung Fu was strong. I wasn't kidding anyone. At best, I was Superman on Kryptonite, about to post something that made a 5 year old's MS Paint job look like a work of art.
DarkChronic
Member
(05-06-2012, 06:24 AM)
DarkChronic's Avatar
I wasn't following this game at all (never played the first two) but after seeing videos of this one in action, I might have to get this.
woober
Member
(05-06-2012, 07:48 AM)
woober's Avatar
I posted this in the thread "Your favorite gimmic levels" and figured I might bring my post and thoughts here. My favorite Max Payne moment was definitely the first time I stumbled into Mona Sax's funhouse. My fear is how MP3 would be able to top something like this:



There were many amazing schizophrenic and psychotic levels built to represent Max's state of mind, of which we haven't seen a hint of in MP3. Of course, Rockstar may just be withholding parts of the game that do... but man do I hope MP3 do the psychology aspect of Max Payne justice.
mickcenary
Member
(05-06-2012, 08:11 AM)
mickcenary's Avatar

Originally Posted by Simo

As always this is a great diagram of it works in multiplayer:


Seriously can't wait to perform my first shoot-dodge out of a window 30 feet in the air and taking down fools in glorious slow motion in multiplayer.

9 days guys...

... This makes no sense to me. I was of the understanding that only those players in the Activator's direct line of sight were slowed down, which appears to only be the left-most S. Can someone help a spaz out here?
keltickennedy
ah can't conversate
(05-06-2012, 08:15 AM)
keltickennedy's Avatar

Originally Posted by mickcenary

... This makes no sense to me. I was of the understanding that only those players in the Activator's direct line of sight were slowed down, which appears to only be the left-most S. Can someone help a spaz out here?

Hope this helps.
http://kotaku.com/5907699/how-multip...in-max-payne-3
woober
Member
(05-06-2012, 08:15 AM)
woober's Avatar

Originally Posted by mickcenary

... This makes no sense to me. I was of the understanding that only those players in the Activator's direct line of sight were slowed down, which appears to only be the left-most S. Can someone help a spaz out here?

It would be awkward for everone not in the activator's line of sight to move and shoot full speed despite watching the slowmo action. That would not benefit the person activating slomo cause an enemy popping up behind the activator would completely rape the one who uses slomo. Instead everyone who is in the line of site and sees the slomo enter slomo.
mickcenary
Member
(05-06-2012, 08:26 AM)
mickcenary's Avatar
Ahhhhh, rightrightrightrightright.

Thanks, guys. Yeah, my way would suck absolute balls.

Hmm. On face-value, it seems like it could get annoying, so let's hope that's not the case.
Net_Wrecker
(05-06-2012, 08:30 AM)
Net_Wrecker's Avatar
Let's keep in mind that BT only lasts like 3-5 seconds. It probably won't become annoying.
keltickennedy
ah can't conversate
(05-06-2012, 08:33 AM)
keltickennedy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Net_Wrecker

Let's keep in mind that BT only lasts like 3-5 seconds. It probably won't become annoying.

Also not everyone will have it since it is an optional burst ability. Plus you need adrenaline to activate it, which is acquired by getting kills and looting bodies.
mickcenary
Member
(05-06-2012, 08:51 AM)
mickcenary's Avatar
Well, it sounds like those crafty buggers at Rockstar have thought of everything. Bravo.
dreamfall
Member
(05-06-2012, 08:52 AM)
dreamfall's Avatar
WE ARE SO CLOSE. Been trying to build a rig for this game, so I haven't posted here as much as I'd like to. Regardless, I'm so freaking excited! I trust Rockstar, I do. The Houser brothers are amazing. With Sam Lake's blessing, this can't be more awesome!
NotTheGuyYouKill
Member
(05-06-2012, 08:58 AM)
NotTheGuyYouKill's Avatar
9 More Days!

Sethos
Banned
(05-06-2012, 09:00 AM)
Sethos's Avatar
"This game will unlock in approximately 3 weeks, 5 days and 10 hours"

I'm strong, I can do this. Remember Sethos, you're getting the best version ... Keep telling yourself that, it'll ease the wait.

Gonna go do a Cartman freezedown.
NotTheGuyYouKill
Member
(05-06-2012, 09:02 AM)
NotTheGuyYouKill's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sethos

"This game will unlock in approximately 3 weeks, 5 days and 10 hours"

I'm strong, I can do this. Remember Sethos, you're getting the best version ... Keep telling yourself that, it'll ease the wait.

Gonna go do a Cartman freezedown.

You keep telling yourself that.

theAntagonist
Member
(05-06-2012, 09:12 AM)
theAntagonist's Avatar
Besides the MLG multiplayer event that was yesterday, is there going to be any other videos released in the next week? I was thinking that there would potentially be another Design and Technology video and maybe a release trailer, but I don't know. Anyone heard anything?
EatChildren
Chico is Quiet
(05-06-2012, 09:14 AM)
EatChildren's Avatar

Originally Posted by MMaRsu

Awwwwwww man WTFF it really sucks you cant carry two guns & a machinegun anymore!!! I mean in previous MP games you had a shitton of weapons always at your disposal..

This shit sucks :/

Yes, it does suck, because modern designers are too stupid to work out how to balance a whole arsenal of weapons across an entire game, and the limitations of a control pad (of which there are really none).

Strict weapon limits suck balls.
Fjordson
Member
(05-06-2012, 09:49 AM)
Fjordson's Avatar

Originally Posted by theAntagonist

Besides the MLG multiplayer event that was yesterday, is there going to be any other videos released in the next week? I was thinking that there would potentially be another Design and Technology video and maybe a release trailer, but I don't know. Anyone heard anything?

There'll definitely be a new release trailer, R* always does one of those. And if they're sticking to the original plan of five Design & Tech videos, there should be another one of those as well. I think they mentioned on their news wire something about some behind the scenes stuff, so maybe it'll be that? Not sure.
theAntagonist
Member
(05-06-2012, 10:12 AM)
theAntagonist's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fjordson

There'll definitely be a new release trailer, R* always does one of those. And if they're sticking to the original plan of five Design & Tech videos, there should be another one of those as well. I think they mentioned on their news wire something about some behind the scenes stuff, so maybe it'll be that? Not sure.

Yeah, those two things sound like they could and should happen, so they should help with the wait somewhat. I'm also curious to see if there'll be any reviews showing up early or if they'll be embargoed.
MMaRsu
I need some paprika. Official moneylender of the Coalition of Muslim Drug Dealers
(05-06-2012, 11:01 AM)
MMaRsu's Avatar

Originally Posted by EatChildren

Yes, it does suck, because modern designers are too stupid to work out how to balance a whole arsenal of weapons across an entire game, and the limitations of a control pad (of which there are really none).

Strict weapon limits suck balls.

Thankfully someone agrees.
Fjordson
Member
(05-06-2012, 11:03 AM)
Fjordson's Avatar

Originally Posted by theAntagonist

Yeah, those two things sound like they could and should happen, so they should help with the wait somewhat. I'm also curious to see if there'll be any reviews showing up early or if they'll be embargoed.

I'd bet big on 12 AM on release at the earliest for reviews.

One thing that always helps me pass the time right before a big game: livestreams from people with early copies. I don't know why, but I'm always addicted to seeking these out when a game is about to come out (sounds weird, but spoilers don't really bother me too much).

Of course, streams for Rockstar games are hard as shit to catch since they go down so quickly, but I remember watching some the weekend before Red Dead came out. Got me so excited for the game.
MMaRsu
I need some paprika. Official moneylender of the Coalition of Muslim Drug Dealers
(05-06-2012, 11:15 AM)
MMaRsu's Avatar
I wont be watching any streams beforehand. I still wanna b surprised..
Nibel
Member
(05-06-2012, 11:25 AM)
Nibel's Avatar
Mhmm.. I don't know what to think of having just a few weapons.

On the one hand, I think that you can play more effective with just a few selected weapons. On the other hand, it was just fun to shoot until you have no ammo left and just switch to the next weapon and so on.
Blutonium
Member
(05-06-2012, 11:27 AM)
Blutonium's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sethos

"This game will unlock in approximately 3 weeks, 5 days and 10 hours"

I'm strong, I can do this. Remember Sethos, you're getting the best version ... Keep telling yourself that, it'll ease the wait.

Gonna go do a Cartman freezedown.

Snap out of it man, KEEP YOURSELF TOGETHER. We'll be playing with glorious anti-aliasing soon. I need you to stay strong!
StevePharma
Member
(05-06-2012, 11:28 AM)
StevePharma's Avatar

Originally Posted by EatChildren

Strict weapon limits suck balls.

I actually like it. GTA and Red Dead still have the magic backpack.

They went for a realistic style in MP3. Magic pockets would break the immersion. Why else would Max hold a shotgun in one hand while firing with his handgun? I love little touches like that and imo it has nothing to do with controller layouts.
UrbanRats
Member
(05-06-2012, 11:44 AM)
UrbanRats's Avatar
Magic pockets can be a good thing, depending on the game, especially in a more chaotic one like Saint's Row (or Just Cause, too bad they restrict you, in it).
In this one though they wanted you to constantly picking up weapons from the ground (enemies'). That could add a strategic elements, always keeping track of your surroundings, so you can always have a weapon ready. (they say this in the GTTV interview)
Blutonium
Member
(05-06-2012, 03:11 PM)
Blutonium's Avatar
After finishing Max Payne 1 and 2 again for the first time in years, I think I'm gonna watch some heroic bloodshed and film-noir flicks the comings weeks, just to get me more pumped!

SafeinSound
Member
(05-06-2012, 03:26 PM)
SafeinSound's Avatar
All I'm hoping is that my copy is in my mailbox when I get home from work next Tuesday. There will be hell to pay if not.
Sethos
Banned
(05-06-2012, 03:28 PM)
Sethos's Avatar

Originally Posted by Blutonium

Snap out of it man, KEEP YOURSELF TOGETHER. We'll be playing with glorious anti-aliasing soon. I need you to stay strong!

We should start a support group :(
Sn4ke_911
If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
(05-06-2012, 03:32 PM)
Sn4ke_911's Avatar
Yo PC guys, thanks god we have Diablo 3 in the meantime. That will keep us alive.

@Blutonium, i love your avatar.
SafeinSound
Member
(05-06-2012, 03:45 PM)
SafeinSound's Avatar
I was about to say D3 comes out the same day...then I remembered. Sorry.
Sevket-Erhat
Member
(05-06-2012, 04:01 PM)
Sevket-Erhat's Avatar

Originally Posted by Blutonium

After finishing Max Payne 1 and 2 again for the first time in years, I think I'm gonna watch some heroic bloodshed and film-noir flicks the comings weeks, just to get me more pumped!

It has been 20 years and still the best action movie ever. Have you watched Just Heroes by John Woo?
Geezer
Broken water pistol loaded with piss
(05-06-2012, 04:03 PM)

Originally Posted by Blutonium

After finishing Max Payne 1 and 2 again for the first time in years, I think I'm gonna watch some heroic bloodshed and film-noir flicks the comings weeks, just to get me more pumped!

[IMG]http://www.abload.de/img/hardboileddock57bph.gif[/]

Which film is this from?
JumpingTheGun
Banned
(05-06-2012, 04:03 PM)
The wait is getting too painful. I broke down and watched the GTTV vid. It was GLORIOUS.

And now the wait is going to suck that much more.

Thread Tools