• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Dacvak
No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
(05-06-2012, 07:37 PM)
Last night I apparently had too much ambien and ended up buying $30 worth of Apple's productivity software at 4am... So if anyone ever wants impressions of Pages, Numbers, or Keynote, let me know. :/
GeekyDad
(05-06-2012, 07:58 PM)
Don't normally go in for those arena-action games, but ugh, Spellsword is ridiculously addictive and fun. The collision could use a few tweaks, but great game.
Smiley90
Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
(05-06-2012, 08:44 PM)

Originally Posted by MDavis360

But will I unlock other classes this way?

Yes, like I said. Because you don't level up as adventurer, chances are 100% that a trophy will be a new class. Trophies only come from special monster kills, I thought that was given knowledge, sorry :D becomes fairly obvious after the first 2,3 trophies that they only drop from special monsters. Can be any kind of special monster though, and it still drops randomly. Again:

If you only want to unlock classes as fast as possible, play adventurer.

If you don't care about "fastest", play whatever class you like, you'll level up that class AND unlock classes, and also get better scores. (because the other classes are definitely better :P )
EleventhDoctor
Banned
(05-06-2012, 08:51 PM)

Originally Posted by Smiley90

Yes, like I said. Because you don't level up as adventurer, chances are 100% that a trophy will be a new class. Trophies only come from special monster kills, I thought that was given knowledge, sorry :D becomes fairly obvious after the first 2,3 trophies that they only drop from special monsters. Can be any kind of special monster though, and it still drops randomly. Again:

If you only want to unlock classes as fast as possible, play adventurer.

If you don't care about "fastest", play whatever class you like, you'll level up that class AND unlock classes, and also get better scores. (because the other classes are definitely better :P )

Ok I'll give it a shot! Thanks for the advice!
HBP
(05-06-2012, 10:12 PM)
Marvel vs Capcom is up on FreeMyApps, finally something I actually want!
mr_sockochris
(05-06-2012, 11:36 PM)

Originally Posted by HBP

You'll probably feel differently once you play it :(
henhowc
(05-06-2012, 11:46 PM)

Originally Posted by HBP

Save your pts. :P
Grady Durden
(05-06-2012, 11:49 PM)

Originally Posted by Dacvak

Last night I apparently had too much ambien and ended up buying $30 worth of Apple's productivity software at 4am... So if anyone ever wants impressions of Pages, Numbers, or Keynote, let me know. :/

Please advise because I've come awfully close on all three!
soldat7
(05-07-2012, 12:44 AM)

Originally Posted by GeekyDad

Don't normally go in for those arena-action games, but ugh, Spellsword is ridiculously addictive and fun. The collision could use a few tweaks, but great game.

And their other game, Terra Noctis, is fantastic platformer.
Gamecocks625
(05-07-2012, 12:46 AM)
Maybe it's the retina update or something but I've been playing the garbage out of Mini Motor Racing HD.
Jayayess1190
(05-07-2012, 12:49 AM)
Under 2000 more achievement points until I hit 100k in Game Center.
toythatkills
(05-07-2012, 01:04 AM)

Originally Posted by Jayayess1190

Wow, that's pretty impressive. I care so much about achievement points on iOS that whenever I delete a game, I remove it from Game Center. They never really felt quite right.
EleventhDoctor
Banned
(05-07-2012, 01:12 AM)

Originally Posted by Jayayess1190

Wow-I've been purposely grinding away lately at them and I'm only at 22K.

:(

although to be fair I've been spending a lot of time in Infinity Blade multiplayer to get the "100 wins with Knight" and "100 wins with Titan" achievements-and they are taking FOREVER. I wish there was some kind of progress bar on that....
mattiewheels
And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
(05-07-2012, 01:21 AM)

Originally Posted by AstroLad

The threads would never last. They'd be 1-2 pages tops and would actually get way less attention for the game then just posting in here does.

Actually, I was really quite shocked that the Tiny Tower thread got to 1,500 posts.
Manik
(05-07-2012, 01:30 AM)
Just picked up my very first iPad and, after a year and a half break from any iOS devices, am excited to see how far the games have come.

Already spent 5hrs sat just trying everything out... It passed in the blink of an eye, so it's looking good. No sleep for me tonight!
Oxigen_Waste
Banned
(05-07-2012, 01:45 AM)
Sim City Deluxe HD. What's the word on it, people?
toythatkills
(05-07-2012, 01:46 AM)

Originally Posted by Oxigen_Waste

Sim City Deluxe HD. What's the word on it, people?

EA.
Terareflection
(05-07-2012, 01:48 AM)
The King of Fighters-i 2012 is out right now with netplay and 12 "new" characters on the iOS, I don't know how good the netplay is though.

http://shoryuken.com/2012/05/06/king...al-characters/
Oxigen_Waste
Banned
(05-07-2012, 01:50 AM)

Originally Posted by toythatkills

EA.

It's amazing how universal the meaning of these 2 little lettters is withing the gaming community. :)

So that one's a no...

How 'bout the Fabled Lands apps? I asked 'bout them a couple of times already and got no impressions. Anyone?
AstroLad
Hail to the KING baby
(05-07-2012, 02:17 AM)

Originally Posted by mattiewheels

Actually, I was really quite shocked that the Tiny Tower thread got to 1,500 posts.

The Carcassonne one was the longest-lasting one by far (and would still be going if I hadn't folded it for the broader iOS-board-games one) but for regular iOS flavor-of-the-week crap? Naaah
panama chief
(05-07-2012, 02:33 AM)
Spam time. 3 SpellTower codes. US only. Quotetoreveal.....

I'm not sure who wouldn't own this game by now tho.
Last edited by panama chief; 05-07-2012 at 02:37 AM.
buhdeh
(05-07-2012, 02:36 AM)
Spell tower is on free app daily if you just want to get it yourself.
Shawsie64
(05-07-2012, 02:38 AM)

Originally Posted by panama chief

Oh US only
Vard
(05-07-2012, 02:41 AM)

I took the middle code. Thanks!
HBP
(05-07-2012, 02:43 AM)

Got one thanks.
Gamecocks625
(05-07-2012, 03:08 AM)
Even if you don't get a code, still buy SpellTower. Best word game on iOS, in my opinion.
Thanati
(05-07-2012, 03:20 AM)
I'm pleasantly surprised with Skylanders Cloud Patrol. That is one FUN game! Had a blast earlier that was supposed to be 10 minutes. 45 minutes later I thought i'd best put it down. My wife loves it too, which is a bonus. :)
panama chief
(05-07-2012, 03:23 AM)

Originally Posted by Gamecocks625

Even if you don't get a code, still buy SpellTower. Best word game on iOS, in my opinion.

this 100%
Awesome Animals
(05-07-2012, 03:24 AM)

Omg. Lol. That had me laughing for a few minutes.
toddhunter
(05-07-2012, 03:27 AM)

Originally Posted by Terareflection

The King of Fighters-i 2012 is out right now with netplay and 12 "new" characters on the iOS, I don't know how good the netplay is though.

http://shoryuken.com/2012/05/06/king...al-characters/

For those keeping score:

SF4, KOF-i - controls work, feel good
MVC - game and controls don't quite feel right, could be fixed
MK - broken mess
Jedeye Sniv
Banned
(05-07-2012, 03:44 AM)
I finally completed Incoboto tonight. I played it in little bursts, especially when I got stuck, but the game was really a joy to play. For those that don't know, it's a puzzle platformer with these Galaxy-esque spherical worlds, but with mind bending environment puzzles more like a metroidvania game or even Portal. I was pleasantly surprised by how approachable the game was, although some of the puzzles were a bit too fiddly at times, and the later worlds could be daunting with their size. The game helpfully hints to the next star pieces you need though, and leads you through gently without handholding too much.

And the ending was brilliant. After slowly proceeding through the whole game and earning every step of it at the end you get a jetpack and can fly around the levels with inpunity, picking up the remaining star pieces in short order. It's incredibly liberating and gives you a feel of real power, and was a fantastic way to end the game. Felt a lot like Half Life 2 in that regard.

Highly recommended though. Anyone else play this?

Next up: Waking Mars. Bring it!
ToxicAdam
Banned
(05-07-2012, 04:41 AM)
100 Rogues had an update. Added a new class (free).
chiQ
(05-07-2012, 05:19 AM)

Originally Posted by DGWelsh

I'm pleasantly surprised with Skylanders Cloud Patrol. That is one FUN game! Had a blast earlier that was supposed to be 10 minutes. 45 minutes later I thought i'd best put it down. My wife loves it too, which is a bonus. :)

Me too. I wasn't expecting much either, but it's fun.
nicoga3000
(05-07-2012, 05:28 AM)

Originally Posted by ToxicAdam

100 Rogues had an update. Added a new class (free).

Game is pretty fun, and some of the classes are REALLY hard to play, ha.
henhowc
(05-07-2012, 05:29 AM)
Sky gamblers is finally up on freemyapps for 800pts
Pastry
(05-07-2012, 05:35 AM)

Originally Posted by Jedeye Sniv

I finally completed Incoboto tonight. I played it in little bursts, especially when I got stuck, but the game was really a joy to play. For those that don't know, it's a puzzle platformer with these Galaxy-esque spherical worlds, but with mind bending environment puzzles more like a metroidvania game or even Portal. I was pleasantly surprised by how approachable the game was, although some of the puzzles were a bit too fiddly at times, and the later worlds could be daunting with their size. The game helpfully hints to the next star pieces you need though, and leads you through gently without handholding too much.

And the ending was brilliant. After slowly proceeding through the whole game and earning every step of it at the end you get a jetpack and can fly around the levels with inpunity, picking up the remaining star pieces in short order. It's incredibly liberating and gives you a feel of real power, and was a fantastic way to end the game. Felt a lot like Half Life 2 in that regard.

Highly recommended though. Anyone else play this?

Next up: Waking Mars. Bring it!

Incoboto is probably my favorite iOS game, I loved everything about it. It also has one of my favorite soundtracks on iOS, it made every planet seem so lonely.
chixdiggit
(05-07-2012, 05:37 AM)

How is Pages compared to Word when importing? I have Numbers and am completely dissatisfied with it when comparing it to Excel. I was really hoping to have the same features but it is far from that.
Buttonbasher
(05-07-2012, 06:32 AM)
Bar Oasis 1.5 released a few days ago. It's a free stand-alone story that bridges the gap between the original Bar Oasis and Bar Oasis 2 (which is coming out in a few weeks). To anyone that didn't check out the original it's half visual novel, half bar tending thing (with a full drink recipe book that can be used out of game). I had a good time with the first one, and am probably going to check out 1.5 tonight. Will report back.

http://itunes.apple.com/app/bar-oasi...521430104?mt=8

And if you're interested in the original: http://itunes.apple.com/app/bar-oasis/id433902000?mt=8

Last edited by Buttonbasher; 05-07-2012 at 06:35 AM.
Dog Problems
(05-07-2012, 06:47 AM)

Originally Posted by Buttonbasher

Bar Oasis 1.5

I've been meaning to mention this in the topic. Looks good, but I still need to play the first game, haha.
Jonnyram
(05-07-2012, 08:26 AM)
Finally got around to playing New Star Soccer and I am hooked.
What's really awesome is the fact I'm playing at clubs I care about, because my home town is in the Conference North right now. I actually signed to them at the end of the first season in career mode :D
Shearie
(05-07-2012, 08:51 AM)
I've been addicted to Spacechem these past few days. Was getting bored of most games lately and I needed something refreshingly unique like this. Really tests my design and problem solving skills without being stressful. Extremely satisfying whenever you solve something that stumped you just a while ago. Even though it's early goings, it's easily one of the best iOS games I've played.
AllenShrz
(05-07-2012, 09:00 AM)
Whats the general opinion on Max Payne?

I bought it and Im using the new ipad and is very sluggish not exactly the experience that I want from Max Payne.

I would have thought that the ipad is more than sufficient to run MP at max with high frame rate..... but no
Odrion
The reasons were sound.
(05-07-2012, 09:02 AM)
I'm seriously contemplating getting an iPod Touch.

I may have an iPad, but there's still so many games that are only iPod. And seeing that touch controls work and there's actually quite a lot of gameboy-tier titles. Ey!
idolminds
(05-07-2012, 09:13 AM)

Originally Posted by Odrion

I'm seriously contemplating getting an iPod Touch.

I may have an iPad, but there's still so many games that are only iPod. And seeing that touch controls work and there's actually quite a lot of gameboy-tier titles. Ey!

iPod games will run on iPads, however iPad games won't run on iPods. I've got an iPod myself, its great, but some of those ipad exclusive games I'd love to play.
Odrion
The reasons were sound.
(05-07-2012, 09:16 AM)
There are quite a bit of iPod games that are really clunky to play on the iPad due to the placement of the virtual buttons.
civilstrife
Oyster Oyster Oyster!
OI OI OI!
(05-07-2012, 09:55 AM)
Sky gamblers back up on FreemyApps for 800 pts.
Dacvak
No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
(05-07-2012, 10:00 AM)

Originally Posted by Awesome Animals

Omg. Lol. That had me laughing for a few minutes.

You should read the whole story here there. http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=473137
nicoga3000
(05-07-2012, 12:24 PM)

Originally Posted by Odrion

There are quite a bit of iPod games that are really clunky to play on the iPad due to the placement of the virtual buttons.

Yup, and with no way to chance dpad positioning.../gg
sladeums
(05-07-2012, 12:57 PM)
Blog post by Tiger Style Games (Waking Mars, Spider the Secret of Bryce Manor) disclosing and discussing their lifetime sales figures and life in the App Store for one indie developer.

Interesting read.

Tiger Style’s Lifetime Sales Numbers
http://blog.tigerstylegames.com/post...-sales-numbers
Shaneus
(05-07-2012, 01:16 PM)
I just started playing Waking Mars today. Holy hell, that shit is polished. On a complete other level to Spider. Jetpack controls are taking me a while to get used to though.
Be interesting to see what their sales are like now that it hit $3. I know that was enough to push me over the edge (though really, it shouldn't have been. It's only $2 FFS).
Last edited by Shaneus; 05-07-2012 at 01:18 PM.