• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general advice thread, part 3 | Veni, vidi, Vita

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the best way to convert videos to the vita resolution??

I downloaded some from youtube, but I want to see if it could be better.

Koroviev

Heh, I'm doing the exact same thing except rather than ask I blindly went ahead and used content manager. I'm sure I'll fuck it up somehow.

I'm sure everyone already knows this but my bloody Vita won't connect to my (launch 60gig) PS3 unless I connect it via the very first USB port. Weird but at least I solved it.

I'm currently moving stuff back to the PS3 in anticipation of filling the 32gig card I've got waiting. I'm sure I'll fill the old 8gig with something; just no idea what yet.

You fill it with demos, of course!

And the USB ports on my PC are the same way. The little nub for my wireless mouse only works if I place it in the right front USB port. Won't work in any of the other USB ports, front or back.

Koroviev

What is the best way to convert videos to the vita resolution??

I downloaded some from youtube, but I want to see if it could be better.

I like Handbrake. Very easy to use. Just make sure that you don't select "large file size." Can't afford to waste memory card real estate lol

Was at Gamestop today shopping around for a new game and I heard from one of the folks there that Capcom has discontinued production on new copies of UMvC3.

Is it me or does that seem way early?

Something to do with SFxT?

Either way, sorry of this is old news.

slider

You fill it with demos, of course!

And the USB ports on my PC are the same way. The little nub for my wireless mouse only works if I place it in the right front USB port. Won't work in any of the other USB ports, front or back.

Demos... of course. I really should stop to think before posting.

I may also look into films/videos/music for travelling/flights etc. Shame the battery life is pretty bad.

Koroviev

Demos... of course. I really should stop to think before posting.

I may also look into films/videos/music for travelling/flights etc. Shame the battery life is pretty bad.

Battery life is pretty good for music and so-so for video playback. If I just stick to music and video content, I don't have to charge it for a few days. I usually listen to podcasts while driving throughout the day (~ 2-3 hours) and watch a few episodes of a show at night.

slider

Battery life is pretty good for music and so-so for video playback. If I just stick to music and video content, I don't have to charge it for a few days. I usually listen to podcasts while driving throughout the day (~ 2-3 hours) and watch a few episodes of a show at night.

Thanks for that. So far I've used mine exclusively for gaming so I wasn't sure. I'm in love with the screen though. Although on, say, my next flight I know there'll be decent entertainment (aside from gaming).

Does the screen shut down for music playback? I'd check myself but mine is transferring to my PS3 right now. And having an MP3 player I'd use the Vita for podcasts etc too. God bless convergence devices.

chuckycem

Friend of mine brought this pdp case from UK. Anyone using this case experienced any problems? It just wont close when the vita is inside the case because of the analog sticks. I don't want to force it too much.

t2QgG.jpg

ZbO8F.jpg

AURAJ.jpg

Sintoid

Hey gaf can you help me?
I finished a couple of PSN Games and I want to backup the savefiles and remove the games from the memory card but I can't find them. Where are they? How can I transfer them to PS3? Or do I have to use PC Software?

By the way I'm very happy :D most part of the PSPGo's bundled game now can be downloaded on Vita, I'm about to play Motorstorm AE on glorious OLED :D

TheBear

So are you guys expecting price drops on launch titles on PSN? I'm about to purchase Unit 13, but I wonder if I should wait?

DBT85

Hey gaf can you help me?
I finished a couple of PSN Games and I want to backup the savefiles and remove the games from the memory card but I can't find them. Where are they? How can I transfer them to PS3? Or do I have to use PC Software?

By the way I'm very happy :D most part of the PSPGo's bundled game now can be downloaded on Vita, I'm about to play Motorstorm AE on glorious OLED :D

There is no separate save file. You just transfer the entire game over IIRC. So if you downloaded wipeout and it was 1.5GB then to keep your "save" you need to transfer that entire 1.5GB file onto your PC/PS3.

You do all the transferring from the Vita though, you don't access it from the PC or the PS3.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So are you guys expecting price drops on launch titles on PSN? I'm about to purchase Unit 13, but I wonder if I should wait?

Why not wait

If deal/sale, you win
If it doesn't happen, it will still be there at the same price as it is now

Toki767

If there were going to start having sales on Vita games on PSN, they'll probably start with Little Deviants. That said, even then it probably wouldn't go under $20.

Number45

Friend of mine brought this pdp case from UK. Anyone using this case experienced any problems? It just wont close when the vita is inside the case because of the analog sticks. I don't want to force it too much.
Make sure you have the rubber inserts in the right way and in properly. I've had this case since day one and it's perfect, the Vita fits perfectly in there.

Only slight concern is that it's SO snug, a drop might pop it open (not a concern for me though, I don't drop things! :p).

So I got Everybody's Golf for Vita for 145 swedish crowns today (about 16 euroes) in the Vita PSN Store. Is this a permanent price drop?
It was stealth dropped together with ModNation Racers and Reality Fighters without any information from Sony. The PS Blog people could definitely do a better job informing their customers.

Y-Z

I Bought Everybody's Golf after the price drop and i am amazed how much fun this is! I think im gonna be addicted.

Ein Bear

It was stealth dropped together with ModNation Racers and Reality Fighters without any information from Sony. The PS Blog people could definitely do a better job informing their customers.

The SCEE Blog team might just be the most incapable people in the entire industry.

How do I change my PSN password on Vita? I can view my account details and input the password but there's no 'confirm' button at the bottom, only 'cancel' ???

slider

I have it and have had no issues. The only other thing I put in there though is a memory card and not any cartridges though.

Maybe lift the "padding" stuff out (as you'd do to remove the Little Deviants/whatever covers) and then click them back in. It might help!

Yuripaw

Banned
I had a Vita at launch, but because of some financial trouble, I had to sell it late in March sadly. I really liked the system, but I was annoyed that certain PSP games still didn't work.

I got a gift card for gamestop recently, and I happen to also to work at one. We got a used Vita wifi in stock, and with my discount it'd only cost me about $170. I already got a 8gb memory card for the Vita, and 1 game (hot shots golf), because I always knew I wanted to get one again eventually.

I'm just really indecisive about it right now because there are so many people on the internet spelling doom and gloom for the Vita, but I really do like the hardware. I love how the screen looks, I'm looking forward to Gravity Rush, MGS HD both next month and Persona 4 golden later in the year. I want the system, but I just can't decide if it's the best investment with so many people being down on it lately.

If I didn't get the Vita, I was figuring I'd cave in and join my friends online playing some Ghost Recon, and maybe pick up Dragon's Dogma cuz that looks pretty cool too. What do you guys think? I'd really appreciate the advice.

I had a Vita at launch, but because of some financial trouble, I had to sell it late in March sadly. I really liked the system, but I was annoyed that certain PSP games still didn't work.

I got a gift card for gamestop recently, and I happen to also to work at one. We got a used Vita wifi in stock, and with my discount it'd only cost me about $170. I already got a 8gb memory card for the Vita, and 1 game (hot shots golf), because I always knew I wanted to get one again eventually.

I'm just really indecisive about it right now because there are so many people on the internet spelling doom and gloom for the Vita, but I really do like the hardware. I love how the screen looks, I'm looking forward to Gravity Rush, MGS HD both next month and Persona 4 golden later in the year. I want the system, but I just can't decide if it's the best investment with so many people being down on it lately.

If I didn't get the Vita, I was figuring I'd cave in and join my friends online playing some Ghost Recon, and maybe pick up Dragon's Dogma cuz that looks pretty cool too. What do you guys think? I'd really appreciate the advice.

If you are conflicted on the Vita you should wait until E3 and decide if you like the direction that Sony is taking it in. E3 will reveal the future support that the system will receive (and it sounds like you already have interest in some of the upcoming games) and create a clearer picture of its future. This will give you the most reliable understanding of your interest in the system.

Personally I am enjoying my Vita (Disgaea 3, Hot Shots, Super Stardust Delta are great portable games) and I look forward to the future (especially Gravity Rush).

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Mortal Kombat is $30 on Amazon.

Just how good is Hot Shots Golf? $20 seems like a good deal and I'm in need of a new game. Anything else I should grab, aside from Uncharted? I finished that game already.

I Bought Everybody's Golf after the price drop and i am amazed how much fun this is! I think im gonna be addicted.

Same here, just bought it today along with ridge racer. Wasn't sure if I would like it but it's been a fantastic purchase, looking forward to doing some daily tournaments.

Don't let Internet commentators make decisions for you. They know just as little as you do, and their comments are driven largely by group- and mood-affiliation (Sony-haters, Sony-lovers, optimists, pessimists). Just think about the games you want to play that are available, or already announced.

Koroviev

Well, there are games you want for it and you can get a great deal on one. I wouldn't let VitaIsDoomedGAF make the decision for you. While the system isn't doing so hot right now, the fact is that it still has software and features that interest you. Would you feel the need to abandon the Vita in the event that Sony pulled a Dreamcast? Personally, I use it for PSP games, video playback and podcasts/mp3, so even in the event that it were to be discontinued, I'd still have various uses for it, in addition to several Vita games.

Cornbread78

Well, there are games you want for it and you can get a great deal on one. I wouldn't let VitaIsDoomedGAF make the decision for you. While the system isn't doing so hot right now, the fact is that it still has software and features that interests you. Would you feel the need to abandon the Vita in the event that Sony pulled a Dreamcast? Personally,by I use it for PSP games, video playback and podcasts/mp3, so even in the event that it was discontinued, I'd still have various uses for it, in addition to several Vita games.

i wont let doom and gloom GAF get to me, lets see what the holidays do for it first...

Ponn

Banned

It's very frustrating right now with lack of info on the system for the future and that is playing a big part in the doom and gloom. I don't feel Sony is just going to dump the system though, i think launching in feb. here they decided to just hold all the cards close to their chest for a giant info dump at E3. I don't think that was a wise decision on their part, but whatever, its Sony. I'm hoping going forward we might see some more multiplatform console games on the system day and date but even if nothing else was announced for it I would still get alot of enjoyment out of it with my PSP collection, Persona 4 and others.

metalshade

Gotta say I am excited for E3, wonder what Gems will be coming our way, and if the Vita will be in on the rumoured game streaming?
Looking forward to Lego Batman 2, Gravity Rush, Zoe, Strangers Wrath, Ruin and a few others.
One thing though.
I really enjoyed the early top down Metal Gears, and since then I havent had A Sony console, so I missed out on the rest. I recently had the chance to sit down and play through the entirety of MGS4, and I absolutely hated it. So awful.
So I was wondering if the Vita Metal Gear solid collection would be worth it to me or not?
Opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom