• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Massa
(05-27-2012, 11:16 AM)

Originally Posted by bigjimmystyle

So I grabbed Unit 13. It's awesome. It's truly designed for a portable game console. The demo makes it feel a bit generic but the missions are a lot of fun and designed for quick bursts.

Yep, it's a great game. Had a lot of fun getting it to 100%.

Originally Posted by XxCGSxX

How do we know it's a software bug??????!?!?! I'M SCARED :'( I mean I don't use it a lot but there's a couple of games I'm waiting so I can finally play the shit out of my vita. Was it the last firmware? And how do I hard reset?

Funnily enough I just had a similar issue on my Vita. I forced it to use the web browser while Mortal Kombat was running and the system stopped recognizing inputs from the touch screen.

I've seen a few posts here with similar issues.

If you can fix it by turning the system off holding the power button for about 20 seconds then it's not a hardware issue. If the problem persists I'd suggest contacting Sony.
Veins
(05-27-2012, 11:18 AM)

Originally Posted by bigjimmystyle

So I grabbed Unit 13. It's awesome. It's truly designed for a portable game console. The demo makes it feel a bit generic but the missions are a lot of fun and designed for quick bursts.

Yeah I've recently started played it again after having it for a while. Really enjoying the later missions.
Kafel
Banned
(05-27-2012, 12:08 PM)
Zavvi and Game UK (not anymore on the website) :

Eusis
(05-27-2012, 12:11 PM)
Would it really be marked "Only on Playstation"? BlazBlue didn't have that, but then that did have a 3DS version if that's the metric they're using. Though there's also UMvC3 that I recall didn't have it.

... Sony's use of "only on Playstation" gets to me more than anyone else's. Partially because it seemed to be recognized by Nintendo/Microsoft as a marketting ploy that was having less use with time, while they had been the company abstaining longest.
spats
(05-27-2012, 12:13 PM)
Leakity leak.

Bring it on.
Kafel
Banned
(05-27-2012, 12:24 PM)

Originally Posted by Eusis

Would it really be marked "Only on Playstation"? BlazBlue didn't have that, but then that did have a 3DS version if that's the metric they're using. Though there's also UMvC3 that I recall didn't have it.

... Sony's use of "only on Playstation" gets to me more than anyone else's. Partially because it seemed to be recognized by Nintendo/Microsoft as a marketting ploy that was having less use with time, while they had been the company abstaining longest.

If they're real, they're surely not definitive. It's even written on AC 3.
V_Ben
(05-27-2012, 12:32 PM)
If anything, I reckon the name of the assassins creed vita game is missing a subtitle. Could be a prequel/follow up to the main story.

Ghost recon is interesting though... A 4 person co-op game on Vita? It would be nice to see more of those on portables.
yurinka
(05-27-2012, 12:33 PM)

Originally Posted by Eusis

Please note it says 'final artwork coming soon' in the bottom of the cover. As I remember the Vita game has another name, it wasn't Assasin's Creed III.
yurinka
(05-27-2012, 12:42 PM)

Originally Posted by Koroviev

How did Lumines do, sales-wise? I was at the local GS, and they said that they had received very few copies. They said that there simply wasn't a whole lot of interest this time around. Personally, I think it would have done better as a $20 downloadable title. The high-score chasing gameplay is too reminiscent of SSD, which is only $15.

Considering they ported it to a number of devices and that released several sequels, I'd sayd that it did it at least decently when compared to its budget. Maybe not something spectacular, but they should have made some profit.

Didn't they release a mobile version of Lumines? And the PS3 version is something like $15. Do those versions not use licensed music?

Iphone version was releally bad due to touchscreen only controls. Gameloft released a Lumines for (old, crappy) Java phones with some exclusive features, PS3 version was good, but I prefer to play Lumines on portables. As I remember they didn't have licensed music. Instead Lumines 2 (PSP), Lumines Live (XBLA) and Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita) had licensed music.
Last edited by yurinka; 05-27-2012 at 12:45 PM.
Tratorn
(05-27-2012, 12:42 PM)
I hope Ubisoft didn't change their plans and just bring AC3 for Vita now instead of a new title.
magawolaz
(05-27-2012, 12:46 PM)

Originally Posted by spats

Sony recently did the digital preorder thing for Sorcery a while ago and like some have already said, that's one feature I really hope trickles down to the Vita. If only I could've preordered and preloaded the digital copy of Burning Skies... They could've suckered me into paying for it before any reviews hit.

It would be cool to have something like PS Plus auto-download: before going to bed you switch on WiFi, put Vita in sleep mode while recharging, and during night time it starts downloading every patch, every preordered game, everything...
yurinka
(05-27-2012, 12:56 PM)

Originally Posted by magawolaz

It would be cool to have something like PS Plus auto-download: before going to bed you switch on WiFi, put Vita in sleep mode while recharging, and during night time it starts downloading every patch, every preordered game, everything...

Yes. Specially without needing to have the game card inside the device for retail games to download its patch.
Bboy AJ
Talks to himself
(05-27-2012, 01:11 PM)
Any good deals ever pop up for memory cards?
gcubed
(05-27-2012, 01:52 PM)

Originally Posted by Bboy AJ

Any good deals ever pop up for memory cards?

I wish. I got an 8 just waiting for a deal on 32. I buy carts so its not a huge deal... yet.
jonno394
(05-27-2012, 02:04 PM)
i've just finished Max Payne 3 and i'm currently in my "Rockstar are amazing and their games are some of the best ever crafted" mode.

Have Rockstar shared their thoughst about the Vita and possible development for it? I hope Rockstar start pledging some support for the Vita; heck a port of Bully would probably not cost them a lot, and i'd Day 1 it.
gkryhewy
(05-27-2012, 02:25 PM)
So why can't I download peace walker from the Vita PSN again? I don't have a PS3.
sajj316
(05-27-2012, 02:35 PM)

Originally Posted by gkryhewy

So why can't I download peace walker from the Vita PSN again? I don't have a PS3.

I have this feeling that it will be on the Vita PSN store once MGS Collection is out. Might get a few extra sales for those looking for more MGS once 2 and 3 are done.
Afrikan
(05-27-2012, 02:36 PM)

Originally Posted by jonno394

i've just finished Max Payne 3 and i'm currently in my "Rockstar are amazing and their games are some of the best ever crafted" mode.

Have Rockstar shared their thoughst about the Vita and possible development for it? I hope Rockstar start pledging some support for the Vita; heck a port of Bully would probably not cost them a lot, and i'd Day 1 it.

I don't know but have you tried their PSP Titles? I have been thinking about giving them a try since I never played them before.
jonno394
(05-27-2012, 02:43 PM)

Originally Posted by Afrikan

I don't know but have you tried their PSP Titles? I have been thinking about giving them a try since I never played them before.

I've got their warriors port on my vita. Will probably invest in Vice City Stories as well ss i lived it when i owned it on my psp
Bboy AJ
Talks to himself
(05-27-2012, 02:49 PM)
I am dying for PS One support. I really want to play my Final Fantasies.
archnemesis
(05-27-2012, 02:52 PM)

Originally Posted by Bboy AJ

I am dying for PS One support. I really want to play my Final Fantasies.

You could get the PSP remakes of FFI and FFII. They're both good.
Bboy AJ
Talks to himself
(05-27-2012, 03:03 PM)

Originally Posted by archnemesis

You could get the PSP remakes of FFI and FFII. They're both good.

They're no VII, VIII, or IX.
xxczx
(05-27-2012, 03:14 PM)
Hey GAF, which version of Monster Hunter should I get?
I've played like an hour of one of them before on a friends PSP now I want to get into MonHun
dyergram
(05-27-2012, 03:26 PM)
Dude I'd be all over a assigns creed vita and ghost recon for that matter.
michaelius
(05-27-2012, 03:33 PM)

Originally Posted by prowler_

I've played like an hour of one of them before on a friends PSP now I want to get into MonHun

God Eater ;)
Alligatorjandro
MONEY UP, BITCH
(05-27-2012, 03:36 PM)

Originally Posted by Kafel

Zavvi and Game UK (not anymore on the website) :

do want
xxczx
(05-27-2012, 03:37 PM)

Originally Posted by michaelius

God Eater ;)

already got and completed.
Out_Of_Ammo
(05-27-2012, 04:02 PM)

Originally Posted by prowler_

Monster hunter freedom unite is the best and only one you'll need. All the content of freedom 1 and 2 is present in unite in one form or another.
xxczx
(05-27-2012, 05:13 PM)

Originally Posted by Out_Of_Ammo

Monster hunter freedom unite is the best and only one you'll need. All the content of freedom 1 and 2 is present in unite in one form or another.

Ah cool, I was just thinking since they uploaded all the older MonHun games onto PSN and if I should start with the first and transfer saves, etc. I'll get Freedom Unite if I'm not missing out on anything
Jeels
(05-27-2012, 05:22 PM)
Two questions:

How do I remove/delete bubbles/apps from my Vita?
Anyone have the video for the Hori screen protector application?
Liquid_015
(05-27-2012, 05:24 PM)

Originally Posted by Jeels

Two questions:

1. Hold tap and hold onto an app "bubble" and then you will see an "X" on the corners of each app. Tap the X to delete the app.
Syn23
(05-27-2012, 05:26 PM)

Two questions:

Hold your finger on the screen, then hold again (or just tap, I'm not sure) on the bubble you want to delete, and a menu should pop up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbTdaKHfpN4
Jeels
(05-27-2012, 05:30 PM)
Thanks you two!

Honestly, I am having so much fun with my Vita playing PSP games, I'm in no rush at all for Vita releases.
JakkuFurosu
(05-27-2012, 05:32 PM)
heres one in English that i used (not that its that important, but it helps a bit)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd9EDPtcxYo

have scotch tape handy. If you get a piece of debri under it use the tape. If you use your finger it will show.
Last edited by JakkuFurosu; 05-27-2012 at 05:36 PM.
Grinchy
(05-27-2012, 05:42 PM)

Thanks you two!

Honestly, I am having so much fun with my Vita playing PSP games, I'm in no rush at all for Vita releases.

When you're deleting bubbles, make sure to back them up first on your PC or PS3 if you want to keep the game save. I think the bubble and the game save are tied together.
CorrisD
badchoiceboobies
(05-27-2012, 05:44 PM)
The Hori Screen Protector is still no where in stock in the UK, I might not just bother at this point.
famousmortimer
Banned
(05-27-2012, 05:50 PM)

Originally Posted by Tratorn

I hope Ubisoft didn't change their plans and just bring AC3 for Vita now instead of a new title.

Despite that mock box art, the assassin's creed game coming isn't AC3. It's a stand alone title. Though I've heard rumors they are trying to get cross platform MP into it.

And i've heard exactly the same thing about CoD. It's not BLOPS2, but they are working on cross platform MP with BLOP2.

Take this with a grain of salt as the rumors that make its way to me pre-E3 are getting more and more insane - and tend to contradict each other. But... I have heard that about both of those games from several people now.
CorrisD
badchoiceboobies
(05-27-2012, 05:56 PM)

Originally Posted by famousmortimer

Despite that mock box art, the assassin's creed game coming isn't AC3. It's a stand alone title. Though I've heard rumors they are trying to get cross platform MP into it.

And i've heard exactly the same thing about CoD. It's not BLOPS2, but they are working on cross platform MP with BLOP2.

Take this with a grain of salt as the rumors that make its way to me pre-E3 are getting more and more insane - and tend to contradict each other. But... I have heard that about both of those games from several people now.

Both of those would be pretty awesome, separate SP campaigns but MP that works with PS3, that is what the Vita needs IMO to pull in people, new and old experiences that allows you to play with friends.
panda21
(05-27-2012, 06:05 PM)
wow the vita is really nice. it feels really well built, but also isnt too heavy. the size of it sort of reminds me of the game gear.

i went and forgot to buy a memory card so theres next to nothing i can do with it at the moment :S

good to hear that unit 13 is fun, I blind bought because i really liked socom 4.
Koroviev
(05-27-2012, 06:19 PM)

Originally Posted by CorrisD

The Hori Screen Protector is still no where in stock in the UK, I might not just bother at this point.

I don't have one and my screen is in pristine condition. Just use a good case and a microfiber cloth :p
Zampano
(05-27-2012, 06:25 PM)

I don't have one and my screen is in pristine condition. Just use a good case and a microfiber cloth :p

Yeah you really don't need a screen protector. I'm amazed that people would want to put anything between "Dat OLED" and their eyes. Just look after it and it'll be fine. Even if you drop it the sticks will stop the screen hitting the floor.
CorrisD
badchoiceboobies
(05-27-2012, 06:33 PM)

Ay that's what I'm doing, i ordered this screen protector back in April when I ordered my Vita but it's been a month of playing now and I haven had much trouble so I will probably just cancel it.

When I'm not using it I cover the front with a microfiber cloth in its case, which has worked fine so far.
Ponn01
(05-27-2012, 06:37 PM)

Same. Though I don't really take my Vita outside, its mainly used for playing games while watching netflix or something boring on TV. I like my portables untouched, screen protector would feel weird.
Rated-Rsuperstar
(05-27-2012, 06:55 PM)
Might as well drop this in here. In a new interview with Kevin Riepl about Burning Skies. Riepl states he's working on an unannounced Sony title for vita. Riepl's game music tends to be action oriented so maybe it will be God of War or Syphon Filter.

I was working on another Vita title for Sony at the same time Resistance: Burning Skies was looking for composers. I was thrown in the mix because the team on Resistance: Burning Skies was really enjoying my material for this other unannounced game.

http://www.ps3attitude.com/new/2012/...handheld-game/
Leona Lewis
(05-27-2012, 07:02 PM)
The only other Sony game he's worked on is Twisted Metal Black. Maybe it's Twisted Metal Head On 2.
Maastricht
(05-27-2012, 07:05 PM)

Originally Posted by Ponn01

Same. Though I don't really take my Vita outside, its mainly used for playing games while watching netflix or something boring on TV. I like my portables untouched, screen protector would feel weird.

Vita is the first one where I wouldn't really mind one, as it senses touch before you touch it, so a screen protector wouldn't harm it. But the few times I've used one they always end up wearing quickly and then I don't replace them.
Sintoid
(05-27-2012, 09:56 PM)
Gaf check Eu Vita Psn
Hustle King now is free to me, if it is the same for you go and grab it, great game!
jonno394
(05-27-2012, 09:56 PM)
Ok based entirely on recommendations from fellow gaffers I have bought "Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack" and "Corpse Party".

I eagerly await disappointment on both fronts ;)
Mung
(05-27-2012, 10:03 PM)
Everybody's Golf is a steal on PSN...
Never played any of these games before. Addictive as hell
CorrisD
badchoiceboobies
(05-27-2012, 10:04 PM)

Originally Posted by jonno394

Ok based entirely on recommendations from fellow gaffers I have bought "Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack" and "Corpse Party".

I eagerly await disappointment on both fronts ;)

I also picked up Mutant Blobs Attack based on all the good things people have been saying, haven't played it yet though.